GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
    What would you make of the Tipperary footballers at evs for + 7 today??
    It's very hard to gauge the handicap in games like that.
    It could be 2 points, it could be 15, same with Cork and Clare, Meath and Wicklow etc.
    Much easier to predict a tight tussle in Ulster, Donegal v Armagh will be relatively low scoring with a max of 3-4 points in it at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
      Aidan forker under 1.5 points @5/6. Will more than like have a sweeping role or even a man marking role, be doesnt have the best of feet at times anyway.
      Like that one. Will have a punt.

Comment

Also fancy armagh here. The trap is well and truly set

Comment

Also fancy armagh here. The trap is well and truly set
          I make it 50/50. Maybe Donegal by a point

Comment

That changes things! Some start for Donegal

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
              It's very hard to gauge the handicap in games like that.
              It could be 2 points, it could be 15, same with Cork and Clare, Meath and Wicklow etc.
              Much easier to predict a tight tussle in Ulster, Donegal v Armagh will be relatively low scoring with a max of 3-4 points in it at the end.
              I think Tipp will be a lot closer to Kerry than either of the other two mentioned.

Comment

Savage day for a game of ball in Thurles. Juniors up by 2 at half time. Should be more. There was long stoppage which saw a player stretchered off but I couldn't tell what was wrong from the collision. Anyone have an update?

Great to have the championship back. Cmon the kingdom.

Comment

The athletic grounds is a savage ground. The ulster championship is a different animal altogether

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                    I think Tipp will be a lot closer to Kerry than either of the other two mentioned.
                    Agreed, not in the category of the other two, still hard to handicap imo

Comment

15 minute delay here for crowd control. Didn't think that many would be here!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                        Westmeath @ 4/11, Armagh +4 @ 4/9, Mayo @ 1/2

Treble pays around 2/1
                        And we fell at the first.

Comment

Good start for Tipp. Listening to it on the radio is rather tilting as all I can hear is Radio Kerry roaring in the background.
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Seems like a cracking game here. Anyone watching on telly? What are they saying? What happened to Peter Crowley and Johnny Buckley? Peter seemed to get a punch to us?

Any updates appreciated.

Comment

Similar enough to the clare game last year. Nothing spectacular. Job done.

Comment

Aidan forker under 1.5 points @5/6. Will more than like have a sweeping role or even a man marking role, be doesnt have the best of feet at times anyway.
                                Wee buns. Player totals offer so much value in the GAA

Comment

One bet that sticks out massively for me today is antrim/laois over 30.5 points. I find that in many 1st round qualifer games alot of teams take of the shackles and go for broke. These two teams in my mind will go for broke. Laois have been scoring well in their previous 3 leinster games this season. They hammered carlow. Scored 16 points in the kildare drawn game, and 1.11 the last day out against kildare. antrim are a shambles. Cj mc gourty and their full back burke played club hurling for St.Galls last night, this wouldnt happen in any other county in ireland. They probably will be hammered today, but do have the ability to get a few scores. I could see 4 or 5 goals here, especially as both teams arent overally defensive. Game starts in 20 minutes, cant see the game being under 30.5 points. 10/11 with pp

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
                                  Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 20-06-15, 13:29.

Comment

Cj mc gourty, kevin mc gourty and conor burke dropped from the antrim team. This could be a massacre

Comment

David Kelly fg @ 9s. Let's do this
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Bet comes in easily. All the games so far have been very high scoring. I think the trend will continue

Comment

Bet comes in easily. All the games so far have been very high scoring. I think the trend will continue

Not quite the way you predicted though Interesting post re the high scoring qualifiers. had a quick glance through results fro last few years and you're bang on.
                                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoPokerTour View Post
                                            Not quite the way you predicted though Interesting post re the high scoring qualifiers. had a quick glance through results fro last few years and you're bang on.
                                            Haha as any gambler will tell you it doesnt matter what you predict its all about the bet you put down. [emoji12] Ive put all my winnings on longford/carlow over 32.5 @ 10/11 with boyles. Again i cant see how this will be anything other than high scoring. At this stage of the season for these teams, there is no point mucking about with 2/3 sweepers.

Comment

Haha as any gambler will tell you it doesnt matter what you predict its all about the bet you put down. [emoji12] Ive put all my winnings on longford/carlow over 32.5 @ 10/11 with boyles. Again i cant see how this will be anything other than high scoring. At this stage of the season for these teams, there is no point mucking about with 2/3 sweepers.

Beat by half a point 😑

Comment

Was in Pearse Park, Carlow played a one man full forward line. On plenty of occasions there were no Carlow players in the Longford half. I never saw anything like it.

Comment

Working man's bet for me today (double at just under evens with PP or Lads).

Tip to beat limerick in hurling and monaghan to beat fermanagh in football.

Reasoning. Very simple. In the hurling, Limerick overrated in my book all based on running KK close last year and Tipp underrated to a degree. In the football even a poor performance by Monaghan should beat a poor outfit like Fermanagh from what I can see of from recent form.

Comment

All over Donegal -4 against Derry. Backed Derry last time out against down and they were shocking against 14 man Down for nearly half the game. Bradley only real danger and can't see him getting much space against a very organised Donegal side.
                                                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Thoughts on Cork @16/1 for SHC. Looking to back outside big two and can't be having galway or clare and value gone on Waterford. Not sure what the state of play is with them really but they seem big?

Also do people see value in Donegal at 6/1 for the football?

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                        Thoughts on Cork @16/1 for SHC. Looking to back outside big two and can't be having galway or clare and value gone on Waterford. Not sure what the state of play is with them really but they seem big?

Also do people see value in Donegal at 6/1 for the football?
                                                        Cork are really average, they could even lose to Wexford at the weekend.

Clare are the value at 14-1, few key players back in the fold since the last day, namely all-stars in Bugler, McGrath and Galvin. The backdoor will suit them as they should get a few runouts and Croke Park really brings out the best in them.

I would fancy Kerry more than Donegal for the AI @ 7-2.

Bet of the weekend for me this week is Kerry - 2 pts at 10-11 Skybet

Comment

Cant see past cavan today @ evens. Roscommons promotion to division one isnt as impressive when you take into account how shite down are. I think all the effort put into the early season national league campaign and under 21s has taken its toll on the team. Added to that the dissapointment of their tame defeat to sligo, i just dont think they will have the confidence and level of intensity needed to get a victory in the bear pit that is breffni park. Cavan on the other hand are a good side and im very confident they will make the quarter finals. They should have beat a very good monaghan side in ulster, and looked to have steadied the ship last time out. I just think they will have to much intensity and organisation for roscommon who have a very brittle confidence at the minute. Cavan by 5

Comment

A second bet which sticks out for me is antrim over 13.5 points against fermanagh. Fermanagh are decent well orgainsed side who have a very strong middle third. But antrim will be much better than the side that played against fermanagh last time around. Fermanagh do lack fire power up front and sean quigley is a vastly overrated player. Where as antrim have alot of scoring ability imo, they scored 2-15 away from home against laois previously. Ryan murray, mickey pollock and owen gallagher are all worth a few points a game. On top of that antrim will either start with or bring on the enigma that is cj mc gourty. The laois victory will have helped antrim an awful lot and i can see this being an open enough game. I could see antrim bagging a few goals and the 7/2 on offer as well as the 4 points spread is far to generous imo. But the majority of my loot will be on over 13.5 @ even money

Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 04-07-15, 11:45.

Comment

The lack of resolution in the dublin hurlers when they go behind would be a worry if Laois go ahead early but I like the changes made by Cunningham , all in Dubs -8.

Comment

On Cavan Kerry double
                                                                location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

God own county will beat the piss out of the langers tonight

Comment

Think cork will smash the handicap myself.

Comment

Think cork will smash the handicap myself.
                                                                      Fuck you pal, fuck you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                        God own county will beat the piss out of the langers tonight
                                                                        Solid start

Comment

Wow Wexford are awful this year, some decline from last season

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            Wow Wexford are awful this year, some decline from last season
                                                                            It was the wind obv, we will crush now

Comment

The lack of resolution in the dublin hurlers when they go behind would be a worry if Laois go ahead early but I like the changes made by Cunningham , all in Dubs -8.
                                                                              Sweating like Gary Glitter at a one direction concert.

Comment

Backed Kerry -4 @ 7/5 on Boyles. Also a Kerry/Fermanagh -4 double for small money. Comes in just over 4/1.

Wanted a Kerry double but no handicap market on the minors and unbackable at 2/9

Comment

Ive been informed that Ryan jones is playing at the edge of the square today for fermanagh. 25/1 first goal scorer. 8/1 anytime. Also my sister plays for tyrone ladies. They have basically lost their full team from last year. Donegal are a shoe in @ 1/3.

Also donegal won 10-35 to 0-4 in the last round [emoji23]

Last edited by Johnny Tightlips; 05-07-15, 12:31.

Comment

Mick fennelly out for KK, he was massive the last day. Gonna have a bit on Galway +4

Comment

Final bet of the day is stephen o brien under 1.5 points @5/6. Reason being that he is likely to be the first sub off, and looking at kerrys bench they will use alot of subs. If there is any sign of trouble they will be on sharpish.

Comment

Going for a small double on the outsiders Cork and Galway.

Going large on KK minors -1

Comment

A second bet which sticks out for me is antrim over 13.5 points against fermanagh. Fermanagh are decent well orgainsed side who have a very strong middle third. But antrim will be much better than the side that played against fermanagh last time around. Fermanagh do lack fire power up front and sean quigley is a vastly overrated player. Where as antrim have alot of scoring ability imo, they scored 2-15 away from home against laois previously. Ryan murray, mickey pollock and owen gallagher are all worth a few points a game. On top of that antrim will either start with or bring on the enigma that is cj mc gourty. The laois victory will have helped antrim an awful lot and i can see this being an open enough game. I could see antrim bagging a few goals and the 7/2 on offer as well as the 4 points spread is far to generous imo. But the majority of my loot will be on over 13.5 @ even money

Bucketing down in enniskillen. Not looking good for 13.5

Comment

Going for a small double on the outsiders Cork and Galway.

Going large on KK minors -1
                                                                                            even better sweat than yesterday's

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                              even better sweat than yesterday's
                                                                                              Ref doing his best in Kilarney to give me no sweat in the hurling,
                                                                                              Last edited by horatio1; 05-07-15, 14:35.

Comment

The sooner Kealy and Enright are dropped the better. Fucking kamikazes.

Comment

Clare -1 @ evs looks v nice against a cork team that have been poor so far this year

Comment

Limerick -1. Things dont appear to be all okay in the Dublin camp with the Carton walk out and heard that 2 of the named players dont start today.

Comment

Limerick -1. Things dont appear to be all okay in the Dublin camp with the Carton walk out and heard that 2 of the named players dont start today.
                                                                                                      Fancy Dublin for this , they always seem to perform better when there is no weight of expectation on them.

Comment

Fancy Dublin for this , they always seem to perform better when there is no weight of expectation on them.
                                                                                                        Limerick were toothless and lacked any structure against tipp. On Dublin -1 myself @ 13/8

Comment

Will be punting galway/waterford/Tipp to destroy the winners of this. All in job.
                                                                                                          Last edited by shano1888; 11-07-15, 16:40.

Comment

Desperately poor stuff so far, conditions look shocking though to be fair to the players. Limerick gone to sleep since the goal and those sides will cost them. Should be out of sight but 4 points against the breeze is nothing.

Comment

Would have thought Louth plus 7 was a lock

Comment

Embarrassing result for Limerick imo.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                  Totally leaderless in the end. Dublin Def good for the win. Turned into an entertaining game tbf.

Comment

Limerick were toothless and lacked any structure against tipp. On Dublin -1 myself @ 13/8
                                                                                                                    Did a small trixie on three draws in the hurling. Annoying final two minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                      Great to see Paul Ryan find his form , watched him put in performances like that regularly 5-6 years ago but he totally lost his way under Daly. Both sides looked like they didn't want to win it. Ridiculous amount of unnecessary hand passing especially by Dublin.

Comment

Desperately poor stuff so far, conditions look shocking though to be fair to the players. Limerick gone to sleep since the goal and those sides will cost them. Should be out of sight but 4 points against the breeze is nothing.
                                                                                                                        How would you assess tomorrow kev. Kind of liking the 12/5 but know very little about Waterford hurling.

Comment

I think Waterford @ 9/4 to beat Tipp is too big, also having a punt on Noel Connors for 'RTE man of the match @ 28/1. If Waterford are to win he could have a huge influence.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X