This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
    Best place to go for a very nice breakfast on sunday on the southside?
    Harrys cafe in dun laoire, cafe solo killiney shopping centre I'm not 100% sure solo is open on Sunday

Comment

Cork bang in 10-20 today against Laois

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
        Go to that place Barry from the apprentice runs obviously. He'll give you a glass of brandy too.
        Don't forget I'm a noob so need more details!

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        Good place in Rathmines opposite the garda station that's cheap and high quality.
        Thanks Mick, sounds perfect for me - would you know if they open in the evenings or do they finish up at 6?

Comment

This seems very good value for €40, free delivery.

Iomega eGo III 1TB Portable Compact USB 3.0 External Hard Drive with Belt - Silver

Comment

Any one able to do £300 on Paypal for £300 on boyle?

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
              Any one able to do £300 on Paypal for £300 on boyle?
              Check the transfers thread guy in there wants that exactly.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                This seems very good value for €40, free delivery.

Iomega eGo III 1TB Portable Compact USB 3.0 External Hard Drive with Belt - Silver
                Is this the wrong link or am I missing something really obvious?
                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Cheers. Baby on the way and wanted to bring her up in Ireland, plus not really a fan of the UK quality-of-life tbh. We'll probably move to continental Europe after a few years though as most business schools deliver their courses through English in Europe.

Are you still on course for the Berkeley move? That will be phenomenal if you can organise the funding for it!
                  Funding fell through last week. I'm gutted - quite fancied a two year stint in California.

My boss wants me to apply for the Marie Curie scheme next year, so still hoping to get to the States in the next few years. People in NYU, Georgetown and Berkeley are keen to have me over, so funding is the only obstacle.

Comment

How up-to-date is vodafone when checking your mins and internet usage etc on their website, as its my first time having a bill phone , im trying to be careful!
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                      Is this the wrong link or am I missing something really obvious?
                      Sorry I must have been late to the party, i got mine at 17.11pm and appears to have gone now.

Dispatch estimate for these items: 8 July 2011 - 18 July 2011
                      1 "Iomega eGo III 1TB Portable Compact USB 3.0 External Hard Drive with Belt - Silver"
                      Electronics; £36.09

Might be a misprice anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                        Eatery120 in Ranelagh, Rolys cafe in Ballsbridge
                        Yeah these are more along the lines of what I was thinking, prob go to eatery120, like the look of the menu there.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

bit of help needed here
                              i installed internet explorer 9 lastnight but now i want to go back to explorer 8 how do i do that?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                bit of help needed here
                                i installed internet explorer 9 lastnight but now i want to go back to explorer 8 how do i do that?
                                You probably cant uninstall it so do a system restore to before the IE9 install.
                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Conor Niland qualified for Wimbledon today. Massive achievement considering the state of Irish tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                    bit of help needed here
                                    IE9 is like a pisstake from Microsoft, to see how bad they can make something and yet the public will still use it.

Installed the same IE9 update as you a few weeks ago, and its finally (about 5 years after people here said it) got me to use Firefox.

Comment

Canning gonna Canning. Some goal

Comment

Talking about PCs mine was running horridly slow for the last few nights and I noticed that explorer.exe (my desktop) was gradually robbing CPU until it was up to 70% preventing anything else running.

Looked on the Internet for a few hours last night (most of which was spent rebooting as explorer.exe would freeze the machine after a few pages of reading).

Seems its a known problem with Vista but no-one was clear on the solution and different things worked for different people.
                                        Suggested solutions ranged from the plausible (remove broken shortcuts from the desktop, remove indexed searching on the C:\) to the unlikely (change task bar setting from on-top to hidden) to the timeconsuming (install process monitor to find out which registry key is getting used, then use some other process to see program that registry key relates to) to the malevolent (remove all anti-vurus and download notatrojan.exe from my webpage).

And the solution which finally worked for me was so bizarrely unlikely that I nearly didn't bother with it - I changed my desktop from Medium Icons to Large Icons, explorer.exe immediately went back to 0.01% and everything running fine since.

Strange stuff, might make sense to zod or someone.

Comment

Are we rapidsharing or megauploading or hotfiling these days?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Rapidshare links seem to be getting updated less than before. A lot of people are switching to fileserve from what I can see. I can't say for definite though and I still have a few months of RS left to use anyway so I'll be waiting until then before switching.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                              Canning gonna Canning. Some goal
                                              If Dotsy gets good ball, Collins could get skinned imo. Some contrast in the two Full Forwards at that. The dubs are well up for this, gonna be a cracker.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                depends on what sites you're using, and if you're just looking for new stuff or browsing for old stuff also.

rapidshare for me anyway.

edit to add hotfile is dead now- not worth going there
                                                Last edited by shrapnel; 18-06-11, 18:25.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  IE9 is like a pisstake from Microsoft, to see how bad they can make something and yet the public will still use it.

Installed the same IE9 update as you a few weeks ago, and its finally (about 5 years after people here said it) got me to use Firefox.
                                                  Pffft Firefox I'm sure was all the rage 5 years ago, but you clearly need to be on Chrome in this day and age
                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Anyone know when we can expect to get the first episode of Curb your Enthusiasm season 8?.
                                                    Says it was scheduled to premiere July 10.

edit. forgot what month it is. July blast it.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                      [NSFW="NSFW"] Catholic girl goes into confessional and says to the priest, `i`m pregnant.` He asks how could this happen ?
                                                      She says `i think it must be the 2nd coming.`
                                                      The priest shocked by the reply asks, `what makes you say it was the 2nd coming ?
                                                      She replied ` coz i swallowed the 1st....
                                                      [/NSFW]
                                                      It's not that they didn't like the joke.. I told it yesterday

Oh you're going to London so wouldn't affect you; but just have a visceral dislike of the whole English system - the media, celebrity culture, all high streets being the same with just chain shops, the class system, the huge poverty min-wage underclass that only has football and Coronation Street to distract them from the drudgery of their lives. The fact that my kid would have to sit exams at 11 to decide her whole future. The people themselves are great and I've been treated great there - objections are purely philosophical.
                                                      Where do kids decide their future at 11? surely not England. We all chose our subjects in 3rd year at school and sat exams in 4th year of high school. I can't imagine England being THAT different.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                        Pffft Firefox I'm sure was all the rage 5 years ago, but you clearly need to be on Chrome in this day and age
                                                        Have to say I love chrome!!!

dunno how anyone uses IE !
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Any good golf streams??

Comment

Right I'm off, if anyone has some spare One Times, send em my way please and thanks!
                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                              Have to say I love chrome!!!

dunno how anyone uses IE !
                                                              +1

I still can't get Tony to change over, he is such a stubborn mule

Comment

woeful stuff from Galway tbf

Comment

can anyone help me with chrome, my little brother has put a different search engine instead of google, its called searchqu so instead of just typing searches into my browser as normal i have to go to google first.

it's really pissing me off and i cant find where to change it back

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

One time Zuutroy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                        can anyone help me with chrome, my little brother has put a different search engine instead of google, its called searchqu so instead of just typing searches into my browser as normal i have to go to google first.

Just go to all programs and uninstall it !
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

G'wan the Dubs. Solid end to the first half. Galway making it easy so far.

Should we expect a second half backlash Kev??
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                            Just go to all programs and uninstall it !
                                                                            have done that and uninstalled 2 things that were associated with it and its still the same ??

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                              G'wan the Dubs. Solid end to the first half. Galway making it easy so far.

Should we expect a second half backlash Kev??
                                                                              They need a stick of dynamite I think. Its very like the league final so far. Galway extremely poor, and Canning apart from his goal has been very wayward.

The wind will be a factor obviously but ae Dublin goal early in the second half would kill it

Comment

Is it just me or is anyone else getting checked in their stride constantly out of the blue in shopping centre environments?. Im even bug eyed reading movements of likely perps but everytime im fooled by someone taking a wierd and totally unexpected change of line straight into my path. Its a constant stream of people making all manner of unxpected manouveres into my walking line. Its getting rediculous at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post

Right click on the address bar and press edit search engines, should be in there, you can also set up the really handy ones for typing in say wikipedia, pressing tab, and searching wikipedia to save yourself the insane amount of effort that is going on to their actual page and scrolling to their search bar. Chrome ftw.
                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                    Is it just me or is anyone else getting checked in their stride constantly out of the blue in shopping centre environments?. Im even bug eyed reading movements of likely perps but everytime im fooled by someone taking a wierd and totally unexpected change of line straight into my path. Its a constant stream of people making all manner of unxpected manouveres into my walking line. Its getting rediculous at this stage.
                                                                                    Some unavoidable blocking is inevitable with a large crowd, but the people who just stop in the middle of say Henry street on a busy day with no warning whatsoever need sorting out. There's no excusing that. People trying to get across to a shop on the other side of the street are an unfortunate reality of busy shopping centre/shopping street environments though.

Comment

Well, just generally dislike the A-levels in any case, which ye thankfully don't have in Scotland. But isn't Grammar school entry decided by an 11+ exam?
                                                                                      they used to do the 11+ when my parents were at school but was scrapped. It just decided what school you went to. there were secondary schools and senior secondary schools. A bit like the drumcondra tests they do here except they don't do them every year.

The boys secondary school here St Eunans has an exam to get into it. I think its a horrible thing to do to children if all your friends get in and you don't

What don't you like about A levels? it's just taking the education a bit higher is it not? In Scotland they now have GCSE exams to bring them into line with England and they do Highers and sixth year studies. If you get good grades in your SYS exams you can enter Uni at the second year.

the Scottish system was too far ahead of the English that they changed our system to bring it into line. I would say that the fact that the exam results were higher and we could get into English Uni's ahead of the English would not have gone down well as the English couldn't do the same as they didn't have as high a standard of education.

Comment

Right click on the address bar and press edit search engines, should be in there, you can also set up the really handy ones for typing in say wikipedia, pressing tab, and searching wikipedia to save yourself the insane amount of effort that is going on to their actual page and scrolling to their search bar. Chrome ftw.
                                                                                        fucking boss !!

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Im even bug eyed reading movements of likely perps but everytime im fooled by someone taking a wierd and totally unexpected change of line straight into my path.
                                                                                            Yeah, I used to make a great effort to avoid all these people. At this stage I've completely given up and deliberately and forcefully walk into them ( exceptions would be any obvious handicaps, elderly, pregnant or built like a brick shithouse).
                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                              Any good golf streams??

Comment

there are 2 approaches to take to this - the first is the "Brian O driscol". you need to dodge and weave your way through the crowd.

If you're in bad form just adopt the Paddy Wallace

Comment

possible game on in the hurling?

Comment

Definitely game on. Ryan O Dwyer, what a tit

Comment

Its so sweet that dublin are getting built up in the Hurling as well this year. Theres gonna be 2X the sweet sweet pain when it all comes crashing down on a late sunny summers day. Beautiful

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                        possible game on in the hurling?
                                                                                                        Huge last 10 mins ahead, needless sending off for Dublin. Pure stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                          Its so sweet that dublin are getting built up in the Hurling as well this year. Theres gonna be 2X the sweet sweet pain when it all comes crashing down on a late sunny summers day. Beautiful
                                                                                                          Dublin hurling fans a class above some of their football brethern though. Although once the bandwagon gets going this will change.

Comment

KK hardly shitting themselves at the prospect of meeting the winner of this

Comment

Gantley should have buried that and Kerins likewise.

Comment

From BBC updates- My only way of following the golf this weekend

2025: Sorry for blocking up your laptops or mobile screens there, but I just couldn't find the urge to edit out too much of what Jack Nicklaus was saying there. Stunning. Wisdom. A lesson for us all in anything we do in life - "Just believe in yourself, play within yourself, understand yourself, understand what you can do, and do what you can do." Sweetness.

2023: More words from Jack Nicklaus. "When I saw him at Muirfield Village (two weeks ago) I hadn't seen him since The Masters. I just said 'I'm sure that you learned from your mistakes and what happened. Don't worry about that. We all make mistakes'. All good players have to make mistakes before they can have successes. Sometimes it's better to have mistakes because if you only have success all of a sudden if you make mistakes you can't figure out why you made them. Pressure is what you live for - you want to have pressure on you. You don't want to come down to the last hole needing to make par to finish 20th. You want to come down to the last hole with pressure on you to win. Everyone is going to put pressure on you. If you are going to be successful you're going to have pressure, so you just have to learn to live with that, deal with that, and to handle it yourself. And we all handle it differently. I would hope he learned from his mistakes." And on mistakes he made in 1963 at the British Open when he lost by a shot after going in a bunker on the last: "I have kicked myself for almost 50 years for blowing that tournament, but I knew why I did it. That was my question to him. You made some mistakes and I hope you figured out why you made those mistakes, why you did something that didn't follow what you normally do."

2029: With McIlroy and Yang half an hour from teeing off, I'd like to offer you some sweet words from 18-major winner Jack Nicklaus talking about meeting Northern Ireland's star in the making. "I like his moxie - I suppose that is the right word. I like the way he carries himself. We talked about the things I did when I was playing. He was worried about that he couldn't finish and couldn't win. I said not to worry about it. Instead of shooting 36 or 37 the last nine holes one day you'll shoot 32 or 33 and win. Keep playing; keep your nose to the grindstone. You don't have to try to push something to happen. One day it will just happen, if you keep working at it and trying. Just believe in yourself, play within yourself, understand yourself, understand what you can do, and do what you can do. That was the basic message."A basic message? Brilliant. I'm sure those words are resonating right through his rumbling tummy right now.

Hopefully those words will just add to the pressure. I've nothing against Rory McIlroy except my money.

Comment

Beautiful scheduling by RTE to have Tin Cup on Network Two, running almost simultaneously with Rory's round.

Roy McAvoy like blow-up for Rory McIlroy please.

Comment

Champions elect
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Any decent streams for the golf?
                                                                                                                      (Although it prob wont be much use to me, relying on a 3 connection for the weekend, my eircom is down for the weekend,)

Comment

Fair play Anthony Daly and the dubs. Galway will have better days for sure, won't be hard lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                          Any decent streams for the golf?
                                                                                                                          (Although it prob wont be much use to me, relying on a 3 connection for the weekend, my eircom is down for the weekend,)
                                                                                                                          http://www.veetle.com/index.php/chan...#4dfce1ed02a4c
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X