Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love it when HJ goes off on one.

Comment

Jaysus lads, day one?

We'll be eating each others kids by next week..

Comment

Lads,

This is for a great cause, keeps us safe. If there's any amount you can chip in please do.

Please check the URL and try again or, alternatively, you can browse fundraisers currently receiving the most donations worldwide below.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
          Jaysus lads, day one?

We'll be eating each others kids by next week..
          Are you have a go at those of us without kids now?
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
              That was an inferior performance by him, here is a better one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4edjh2sJvxc
              Great stuff. Had never heard of him. Gutteral soulful voice.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I presume the off licenses being open means beer can be considered an essential supply?

Comment

We all think we're gonna look like David Beckham when we shave our heads, but we end up looking like your man Prince Edward.

Comment

Trying out that cool new online poker craze. Seems that playing like people used to 12 years ago gets you called down super-light every time.

Turning pro.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      Great stuff. Had never heard of him. Gutteral soulful voice.
                      I definitely put him up here last June or so when I was going through a phase of listening to fat people with powerful voices doing covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                        I presume the off licenses being open means beer can be considered an essential supply?
                        Kind of is. There is quite a few people who'd cause damage in order to get their fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Trying out that cool new online poker craze. Seems that playing like people used to 12 years ago gets you called down super-light every time.

Turning pro.
                          Playing 5 card PLO with a table of Norwegians earlier.

You lose money at quite the rate playing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                            Playing 5 card PLO with a table of Norwegians earlier.

You lose money at quite the rate playing that.
                            sounds like a plan, getting bored already
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anyone child addled folk here might enjoy Breeders...It's a TV show with one of the blokes from The Office. I suppose its on Netflix or Sky downloads or something.

Comment

I definitely put him up here last June or so when I was going through a phase of listening to fat people with powerful voices doing covers.
                                That genre doesn't get better than this

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                  Kind of is. There is quite a few people who'd cause damage in order to get their fix.
                                  How are heroin addicts getting by does anyone know.

Last year or so up by the tenth lock in Clondalkin its been like Hamsterdam up there, supplies must be running fairly thin by now.

Comment

@Flushdraw

Why don't you fire up a 10c / 20c cash game in the ipb club on stars and we could try starting a zoom session to go with it

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      How are heroin addicts getting by does anyone know.

Last year or so up by the tenth lock in Clondalkin its been like Hamsterdam up there, supplies must be running fairly thin by now.
                                      You cant go higher than 2 km so rationing it I'd say.

Comment

This is maybe a kinda anachronistic post, but anyway: I have, of necessity, started looking at - eh Netflix...and discovered "Better call Saul" .., which I am devouring, for reasons that may become obvious later in the game. Just wondering is there other stuff on Netflix that people would recommend? Of the same ilk, or just better?

And ... Remember, Spring forward, fall back ... For the clocks like ...

Comment

Three episodes in and I fucking love Joe Exotic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                                            This is maybe a kinda anachronistic post, but anyway: I have, of necessity, started looking at - eh Netflix...and discovered "Better call Saul" .., which I am devouring, for reasons that may become obvious later in the game. Just wondering is there other stuff on Netflix that people would recommend? Of the same ilk, or just better?

And ... Remember, Spring forward, fall back ... For the clocks like ...
                                            Have you watched Breaking Bad?

Comment

Thanks Lazare, will give it a go. Here's a song from long ago that's kinda relevant now ... Or not ... Anyway ...https://youtu.be/RXdsuBaujbQ

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                That genre doesn't get better than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-AxpbrFrZo
                                                Never realised that was a cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Rahenyrhythm View Post
                                                  Thanks Lazare, will give it a go. Here's a song from long ago that's kinda relevant now ... Or not ... Anyway ...https://youtu.be/RXdsuBaujbQ
                                                  The show is Tiger King btw, Joe Exotic is the main character.

Comment

Guy Ritchie's The Gentlemen is somewhat a return to form for him. It's no Snatch but certainly a huge cut above most of the stuff he has done since.

Opr

Comment

I always wanted 'Originals that are far superior to their better known covers' to be a category on Music King so if I landed it I could post this winner..

Such an uplifting tune, uplifts like no other..

Comment

Just out on the television guide, RTE 2

The Octopus in My House.
                                                        A professor develops an extraordinary relationship with an octopus when he invites it to live in his home to learn about its intelligence. S40 Ep3
                                                        That's one long running series about an octopus in a house. Had to Google to find out it's an episode of The Natural World.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          I always wanted 'Originals that are far superior to their better known covers'
                                                          I've a good friend who thought Rod Stewerts version of this was the original

"Downtown Train" by @tomwaits from the album 'Rain Dogs,' 1985Directed by Jean Baptiste MondinoTOM WAITSâ–¶ Store: https://tomwaits.ffm.to/storeâ–¶ Website: http...

Comment

Like both Bowie's and the orignal of this, though sounds a bit Trumpy now

RECORDED:Chateau d'Herouville,Paris;Musicland,Munich;hansa 1RELEASED:RCA,March 1977PERSONEL:Iggy pop (v),David Bowie(pno,gtr,synth,drum machine),Phil Palmer(...

Comment

Grace Jones's version is a lot more uplifting, though better mmm

Provided to YouTube by Universal Music GroupNightclubbing · Iggy PopThe Idiotâ„— 1977 Thousand Mile, Inc., under exclusive license to Virgin Records’Released o...

Comment

Best cover ever AINEC

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                  Best cover ever AINEC
                                                                  There's no best cover. One of my favourites though is

John Coltrane Quartet/Coltrane John Coltrane - alto saxophoneMcCoy Tyner - pianoJimmy Garrison - double bassElvin Jones - drums

Comment

Adopting a strict policy of no Netflix or downloading films. I watch what's on TV, enjoy the ritual of going through the TV guide and then if something decent is on it feels like old school excitement. Also I dont allow it on before 6pm pre that is for wholesome shit. / 8 hour Champ session.

Comment

Thanks folks, one and all, for the various above. Jaysus, I feel like an old drummer getting a new lease of life ... Oh ... hang on ...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                        Best cover ever AINEC

https://youtu.be/Vl9o8zGESe0
                                                                        The new orchestral Eva Cassidy album I CAN ONLY BE ME is released 3rd March 2023 https://evacassidy.lnk.to/ICanOnlyBeMeRestored footage of Eva Cassidy perfor...

Comment

Covering a song well is extremely impressive imo.

Comment

DMA'S do their own version of Cher classic 'Believe' live on triple j.Subscribe | http://bit.ly/2FYj5jC Like A Version on Spotify | https://spoti.fi/2UpMDcU ...

Comment

Just started watching The Platform... Fecking weird.
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Is it just me who hadn't heard of Zoom before?

Comment

For Laz

Can someone fix that for me?

Comment

Or not.

Comment

This Year's Love by David Gray. Spotify: https://smarturl.it/ThisYearsLoveSpotifyiTunes: https://smarturl.it/ThisYearsLoveSpotify playlist: http://smarturl.i...

Comment

For Laz

Stick it up your bollix

Tried man, can't figure it out. Sorry.

Comment

For Laz

.

Comment

This is the longest something made in China has ever lasted.

Comment

The Germans being German

Comment

This is a great version of a Tom Waits song not quite a cover version I think Tom wrote it for the King of Rythm and Blues

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

He seems like a dose, whoever he is.

Comment

There's increasing opinion that this may have started In the states.

Fairfax County health officials said they don’t yet have a cause of the respiratory illness that sicked more than 60 residents at a Northern Virginia senior living community.

Comment

Regular (Summer) swimmer in the Guillamene.

Had an absolute cracker of a photo I took of the place the summer before last on the phone.

Went looking for it there and fear I deleted it and left this one in it's place. Possible I'll find it facebook later, this one will have to do Strewel & Murdrum for now.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Last edited by nicnicnic; 28-03-20, 22:17.

Comment

Anyone here good with Linux? I'm not even sure if what I am trying to do is possible. I have part of a system running on a remote Linux server. That program reads in some setup files from a location on the physical drive. The documentation says this location has to be configured as a physical drive location. I want to somehow be able to change these files remotely without logging into the machine itself. So when I do an update on the files in the other location (A completely separate machine running on another network) those setup files on the remote machines' physical drive read the changes and are updated automatically. The program running on the Linux machine picks up the change in these files automatically so that isn't a problem. I've no idea what I am doing in Linux so I am kinda lost even googling for help.

Opr
                                                                                                        Last edited by Opr; 28-03-20, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                          Anyone here good with Linux? I'm not even sure if what I am trying to do is possible. I have part of a system running on a remote Linux server. That program reads in some setup files from a location on the physical drive. The documentation says this location has to be configured as a physical drive location. I want to somehow be able to change these files remotely without logging into the machine itself. So when I do an update on the files in the other location (A completely separate machine running on another network) those setup files on the remote machines' physical drive read the changes and are updated automatically. The program running on the Linux machine picks up the change in these files automatically so that isn't a problem. I've no idea what I am doing in Linux so I am kinda lost even googling for help.

Opr
                                                                                                          Have you tried turning it off and on again?
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Jesus, The Platform is some movie.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                                                                                              Regular (Summer) swimmer in the Guillamene.

Had an absolute cracker of a photo I took of the place the summer before last on the phone.

Went looking for it there and fear I deleted it and left this one in it's place. Possible I'll find it facebook later, this one will have to do Strewel & Murdrum for now.

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Me last summer
                                                                                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 28-03-20, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Is it just me who hadn't heard of Zoom before?
                                                                                                                Just used the house party app with a couple of my friends this evening. It was actually surprisingly good fun despite dodgy connections. Is zoom something like that?

This may be an opportune time to ask what tik tok is also? I've tried to Google it but I'm still baffled.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                                                                                  Lads,

This is for a great cause, keeps us safe. If there's any amount you can chip in please do.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/treadmill-for-lazare
                                                                                                                  Lol at all the virtue signallers thanking your post and not a penny donated. ClickTivism at its finest

Comment

Even if there was no virus you couldn't go out for two weeks with a haircut like that
                                                                                                                    I gave myself a handlebar mustache and my wife has very plainly told me that if I didn't have my beard my face wouldn't have gotten passed the first date.

Too late now sucker!!!
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Just used the house party app with a couple of my friends this evening. It was actually surprisingly good fun despite dodgy connections. Is zoom something like that?

This may be an opportune time to ask what tik tok is also? I've tried to Google it but I'm still baffled.
                                                                                                                      Tik tok is for the young lads so you dont need to worry about it

Comment

FFS

The coronavrius that has laid Boris Johnson low may have passed into Westminster's inner circle via the EU's chief Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier, according to one theory.

Comment

Used zoom tonight with a bunch of mates to have a few beers and catch up. Would never catch the same number of people in person on any day. Zoom is basically the same as webex/teams/Skype/lifesize - a video conferenece.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X