Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Feel free to produce some numbers yourself! Germany is generally reckoned to be prudently managed.
    Yes they are. So prudently managed that their cost of living is far lower than ours, meaning that people on lower salaries can pay higher tax but still have a better standard of living than here.

Local Purchasing Power in Ireland is 21.95% lower than in Germany

Comment

Explosions in the Sky in vicar st tonight, excellent stuff

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        I've a friend working in shipping in Shanghai the last 10 odd years. Sounds like there's a good chance you'd know him.
        Off the top of my head, I don't think I know any Irish people working in Shanghai although I may know the name.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Funny too considering that SF are courting the can't afford to buy vote.
          Got word this week that we have won some business from Tesla - moving parts from one of their Irish suppliers to their factory in China.

If you still have any short positions, I'm sure we could come to a financial agreement whereby the parts get, ahem, delayed en route which slows down production...

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
            Got word this week that we have won some business from Tesla - moving parts from one of their Irish suppliers to their factory in China.

If you still have any short positions, I'm sure we could come to a financial agreement whereby the parts get, ahem, delayed en route which slows down production...
            Very high chance you're dealing with the company I work for so. Was talking to a guy in purchasing recently and he believes that at best there's only a few weeks of reserve left for some critical parts for car manufacturers in Europe. As he said you can't build 99% of a car and the factories are primarily ran off JIT deliveries. It's 6 weeks minimum to get supplies back without factoring in air freight. I don't know if he's exagerrating but he believes that the factories will likely have to temporarily shut down the next 1 to 2 months.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              Imagine the pearl clutching orgy if this stuff happened in a GAA or soccer schools match.
              The ex pupils going back year after year is just sad- fkn losers
              ‘Your father works for my father’: Schools rugby turning toxic in the stands
              via The Irish Times
              https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...ands-1.4172843
              Don’t blame rugby, that’s a south Dublin dickhead problem.

That’s not to say all south Dublin people are dickheads just these guys.

They are presumably just struggling to come to grips with the fact that even though there dad is minted the grad salary for a 3rd in Orts is not great.

The rest of the rugby playing and watching population of Ireland thinks they are knobs too. Plenty of sad fucks at minor club games etc also tho. More club than school based sadness I guess.

Comment

You're probably close enough. The headline number from Revenue is that the top 5% of earners pay 55%+ of all income taxes.
                Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                Yes they are. So prudently managed that their cost of living is far lower than ours, meaning that people on lower salaries can pay higher tax but still have a better standard of living than here.

Local Purchasing Power in Ireland is 21.95% lower than in Germany

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-livin...untry2=Ireland
                Something to emulate so!

What do ze krauts do right that we do wrong?
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  The seriousness with which we treat the Leinster Senior Schools Cup is an absolute joke. The fact that its descending into loutish thuggery is at least being reflected in the same pages of the Irish Times where a tiny school sports competition is grossly over-represented.
                  It is far from descending into loutish thuggery! I went to one as a neutral last week to see some great future players. Also I’m sure you don’t treat it very seriously at all.
                  It was only newsworthy recently due to its rarity, but your obvious bias is clear.

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  Imagine the pearl clutching orgy if this stuff happened in a GAA or soccer schools match.
                  The ex pupils going back year after year is just sad- fkn losers
                  ‘Your father works for my father’: Schools rugby turning toxic in the stands
                  via The Irish Times
                  https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...ands-1.4172843
                  It happens every week and GAA and soccer matches! Thankfully rugby referrers don’t need to avoid the “head but zone”

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

They are presumably just struggling to come to grips with the fact that even though there dad is minted the grad salary for a 3rd in Orts is not great.
                    This x 1000.

So many lads I went to school with (Blackrock College) are massively bitter that they're not captains of industry because they just thought things would fall into their laps. So many sadsacks working 60 hour weeks hoping that someone's going to throw a 6-figure job at them jest because they're sacrificing any sort of social life

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      This x 1000.

So many lads I went to school with (Blackrock College) are massively bitter that they're not captains of industry because they just thought things would fall into their laps. So many sadsacks working 60 hour weeks hoping that someone's going to throw a 6-figure job at them jest because they're sacrificing any sort of social life
                      Is this not a bit of a myth in 2020? Personally never meet any ex-rugby school types who are 'captains of industry' but then I work in the multi-national sector where nobody tends to care about such things.

Disclaimer: I did go to a 'rugby school' but we (a) were shit at it, (b) had girls, (c) were Prods and (d), played hockey too.

Comment

Is this not a bit of a myth in 2020? Personally never meet any ex-rugby school types who are 'captains of industry' but then I work in the multi-national sector where nobody tends to care about such things.

Disclaimer: I did go to a 'rugby school' but we (a) were shit at it, (b) had girls, (c) were Prods and (d), played hockey too.

I'm obviously a long way out of secondary school at this stage but it was fully part of the mentality of the school that it was building leaders when I was there. There was a certain type who fully bought into that too, usually the ones on the B and C teams, and i'd imagine they're the one's who are acting the prick at the games.

Comment

Lloyd, thoughts on on our income tax system being too progressive?
                          Well I’m somewhere on the right side of your chart there and want to pay more tax, if some party would let me. But fundamentally I’m for more income tax and on the other side I’m more for means testing of benefits like children’s allowance. So if we started bringing low earners inside the tax net in return for better services to them I’d be in favour of that.

I like that we’re orientated towards reducing inequality though and I don’t buy into the divide and conquer narratives of ‘the squeezed middle vs the scroungers’. We most definitely have a working poor struggling to get by in this country and that can’t be ignored when thinking about changes to the tax system.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I had the misfortune of going to the wedding of one of those types. His Father called him 'solutions oriented' in his wedding speech. I lol'd.

Comment

Something to emulate so!

What do ze krauts do right that we do wrong?
                              I'm sure they fix their windows quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                Well I’m somewhere on the right side of your chart there and want to pay more tax, if some party would let me.
                                safe to say that this is a minority view

I guess you could always walk into a Revenue office and sign a cheque. Your views on this might change if\when you have kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                  It is far from descending into loutish thuggery! I went to one as a neutral last week to see some great future players. Also I’m sure you don’t treat it very seriously at all.
                                  It was only newsworthy recently due to its rarity, but your obvious bias is clear.

It happens every week and GAA and soccer matches! Thankfully rugby referrers don’t need to avoid the “head but zone”
                                  https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...tive-1.4076970
                                  Solid whataboutery there... I always thought rugby people prided themselves on the game not being soccer (or GAA). Better class of sport and all that?

To be clear, my issue isn't with the thuggery per se. It's with the outrageously disproportionate coverage it gets in the Irish Times in particular. I was simply noting my happiness that the coverage was becoming more rounded.
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                    Well I’m somewhere on the right side of your chart there and want to pay more tax, if some party would let me. But fundamentally I’m for more income tax and on the other side I’m more for means testing of benefits like children’s allowance. So if we started bringing low earners inside the tax net in return for better services to them I’d be in favour of that.

I like that we’re orientated towards reducing inequality though and I don’t buy into the divide and conquer narratives of ‘the squeezed middle vs the scroungers’. We most definitely have a working poor struggling to get by in this country and that can’t be ignored when thinking about changes to the tax system.
                                    I don't think higher earners are largely that predisposed to disagreeing with higher taxation, the issue is the use of the additional funds.

Provided the additional taxation is not spent on wasteful endeavours or benefiting those already doing rather well as a result of relief, then I don't see the opposition to it being quite as obstructionist.

The problems arise when those who are most aggrieved in society- I agree in this case the squeezed middle- don't see the benefit.

Relieving pressure on that middle sector of society appears the hardest to navigate; subsidies for the lowest earners/non-earners are easier to increase and relief for the highest earners is also somewhat easy to accomplish while the assisting the middle is far more nuanced given the plethora of long standing issues primarily housing & healthcare.

Higher taxes are fine but they're not much use if the primary issues aren't addressed.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                      Very high chance you're dealing with the company I work for so. Was talking to a guy in purchasing recently and he believes that at best there's only a few weeks of reserve left for some critical parts for car manufacturers in Europe. As he said you can't build 99% of a car and the factories are primarily ran off JIT deliveries. It's 6 weeks minimum to get supplies back without factoring in air freight. I don't know if he's exagerrating but he believes that the factories will likely have to temporarily shut down the next 1 to 2 months.

You based in Castlepollard?

I haven't got the full details of the award as it only landed this week but it looks to be a mixture of Air, Ocean and Rail.

I wouldn't be surprised on the car manufacturers. We do a decent bit of business from one supplier here in Ireland to the USA, Mexico, Asia & India who supply a very small component that goes into a car but the lead times have to be met. The supplier here adds in a week buffer to try avoid issues but we still have the odd shipment that needs to go on a 'hot shot' final mile delivery to avoid a line down situation.

The Coronavirus is really starting to kick in now on supply chains. We're two weeks after CNY and the majority of factories are still not back and working so anybody operating on JIT is going to be bricking it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                        You based in Castlepollard?

I haven't got the full details of the award as it only landed this week but it looks to be a mixture of Air, Ocean and Rail.

I wouldn't be surprised on the car manufacturers. We do a decent bit of business from one supplier here in Ireland to the USA, Mexico, Asia & India who supply a very small component that goes into a car but the lead times have to be met. The supplier here adds in a week buffer to try avoid issues but we still have the odd shipment that needs to go on a 'hot shot' final mile delivery to avoid a line down situation.

The Coronavirus is really starting to kick in now on supply chains. We're two weeks after CNY and the majority of factories are still not back and working so anybody operating on JIT is going to be bricking it!
                                        Did you not know that Westmeath is the epicentre of Irish manufacturing ? I always think its funny when visitors travel over to see lakes, cows, green fields and windy roads on the way to a small town in the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                          Did you not know that Westmeath is the epicentre of Irish manufacturing ? I always think its funny when visitors travel over to see lakes, cows, green fields and windy roads on the way to a small town in the sticks.

Mullingar and Athlone steal all the limelight, lesser known Westmeath places don't get the recognition they deserve

Comment

Took 3 days AL from wok to simply chill. Kids in school/creche , missus working. Game of golf finished 2 books . Heaven . I recommend it if you lead a hectic life . Time out .

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Much be a big jump in shipping stuff back to China too, with the reduced capacity?

I'm surprised at the general lack of concern for Coronavirus in general. I'm not an expert on r0 or epidemiology but the signs are looking grim.

It's looking like it's almost a boost for the S&P as a safe heaven vs the rest of the world. For the moment anyway.

Comment

Much be a big jump in shipping stuff back to China too, with the reduced capacity?

I'm surprised at the general lack of concern for Coronavirus in general. I'm not an expert on r0 or epidemiology but the signs are looking grim.

It's looking like it's almost a boost for the S&P as a safe heaven vs the rest of the world. For the moment anyway.
                                                  The reduced capacity on ocean exports to China won't kick in for another few weeks yet but it is coming (when the ships ex Asia that were cancelled would have arrived into Europe)

The problem they have in China is that vessesls keep arrving and they are being discharged onto the terminals but nobody is taking delivery of the freight so they are running out of space. Especially on refrigerated cargo, Shanghai & Ningbo in particular have run out of plug in points so reefer containers are being redirected to other ports in China and also other countries. Only a matter of time before they get congested too.

On Air Freight, the export capacity has already been pulled out which is definetely casuing problems and when you can get space and get it there quickly via Air, it's still going to just sit there and cause congestion.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Long incubation period + asymptomatic transmission + high deathrate.

And it's actual spread likely vastly under-reported.

Some quotes from 2p2
                                                      Professor Peter Piot, director of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said the outbreak is likely to become a pandemic, adding he was becoming “increasingly alarmed” about the rate of infection.

Professor Piot, who co-discovered ebola and the presence of Aids in Africa, warned that coronavirus is more dangerous than ebola.

“It’s a greater threat because of the mode of transmission. The potential for spread is much, much higher,” he told The Times.
                                                      45 million seems standard with current best estimates of R0 and death rate. 2009 H1N1 went through about 2 billion people, killing ~500K with a 0.02% death rate (1/100th of this) and was about 1//3 as infectious as this appears to be.

It's really a case of whether it gets out of the barn door or not, such that containment becomes impossible at scale and it runs its course through the world's population. All the data indicates it's quite likely it will.
                                                      All the data (copious at this point) points to this being far too contagious to contain. Asymptomatic transmission and 14 day incubation period for some pushes that way over the edge of containable. Wuhan should be zero after 23 days in total lockdown, not adding 1000+ cases a day. Xi Jinping was't far off calling it a "demon virus".

The only question is death rates. It's pretty likely they're above 1%, and we'll get our first (non-biased) data in the next 2-3 weeks as that cruise ship plays out. 4 are already in critical condition. If that numbers goes to 50 or so as the recent infections progress we have our answer. Expected deaths on that ship should be > 30 total imo given they're mostly over 60 and the death rate should be high in over 60s. Should be good for the cruise industry once the deaths start rolling in.
                                                      Originally Posted by nature.com
                                                      Cases of the new coronavirus, now know as SARS-CoV-2, might be going undetected in some nations considered at high risk of an outbreak because they are reporting fewer cases than expected or none at all, say scientists. Infections have been detected in 24 countries outside China so far.

Researchers are using flight data to create models of the virus’s possible spread around the world. One model identified 30 countries at risk of importing SARS-CoV-2, on the basis of the large number of flights from Wuhan, the outbreak’s epicentre, and from other cities in China with lots of travellers from Wuhan. But several of those countries, including Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia and Malaysia, have reported fewer cases than the model predicts. Indonesia, another country at risk, has yet to report a single case.

The possibility of unreported cases is particularly concerning in countries with weaker health care systems, such as those in south east Asia and Africa, which could quickly be overwhelmed by a local outbreak. No cases have been reported in Africa so far, but some countries there, such as Nigeria, are at particular risk because of strong business ties to China.
                                                      Not counting the 13,000 they just added:

- It took 3 weeks to go from 27 total confirmed cases (all time) to 60 new infected per day /2 new deaths per day

- It took less than 3 more weeks to go from 60 per day/2 deaths per day - to 1,500 new infected per day/ 60 dead per day. This is under total citywide lockdown over those 3 weeks.

- 21 days into total lockdown they still have >1000 new cases per day and 70 deaths per day

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        Why so? Looks like its pretty much over and its got a very low fatality rate. Regular flu outbreaks are vastly more dangerous in terms of fatalities.
                                                        I think he was talking from a economic viewpoint, not H&S.
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Why so? Looks like its pretty much over and its got a very low fatality rate. Regular flu outbreaks are vastly more dangerous in terms of fatalities.
                                                          Isn't it deaths per contraction that is the scary part ? . I seriously doubt the Chinese are thinkung' sure we lose more to the normal flu '. There is some serious shit going on to isolate it.
                                                          No doubt it will hopefully be vac'd out but fk, by the sounds of it I'll take my chances with other other flus

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                            Isn't it deaths per contraction that is the scary part ? . I seriously doubt the Chinese are thinkung' sure we lose more to the normal flu '. There is some serious shit going on to isolate it.
                                                            No doubt it will hopefully be vac'd out but fk, by the sounds of it I'll take my chances with other other flus

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Low fatality rate? Huh?
                                                              It’s around 2.5%, or 5 times as high as flu.
                                                              Plus rate is only half the picture. Ease of translation leads to way more people rolling the dice.
                                                              Total casualties is a pretty good indicator. And I’m pretty sure it has surpassed all recent pandemics. Concerns are pretty high here

Comment

The young fella's classmate returned to school today, his first day back after spending Christmas in China. They had always planned to miss most of January, but certainly they are more than a few weeks late in returning. I have to assume the school are satisfied there's no health risk, I imagine raising it with the school is inappropriate??

Comment

What are the logistics like in the quarantined cities? Are they doing regular supply runs to the population?

Would be funny if we get wiped out and Zerohedge wasn't around to report it.

Comment

Looking for 2 tickets to the rugby in Twickenham on the 23rd if anyone has any leads/ideas. Thanks in advance.

Comment

The Chinese plan to take over the world. They have the vaccine , we will all die and boom the world is Red . I'll be ok my mudder ship will take me home .

Comment

heh

Comment

heh
                                                                          The scary part was Trump tweeting it

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-02-20, 14:38.
                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                                              The scary part was Trump tweeting it
                                                                              Larry is asked about it in an interview

Comment

Solid whataboutery there... I always thought rugby people prided themselves on the game not being soccer (or GAA). Better class of sport and all that?

To be clear, my issue isn't with the thuggery per se. It's with the outrageously disproportionate coverage it gets in the Irish Times in particular. I was simply noting my happiness that the coverage was becoming more rounded.
                                                                                As someone who played soccer, GAA and rugby all the way growing up, I’d agree that in the vast majority of instances rugby does things better than soccer or GAA. I’ve never had my bus pelted with stones leaving a ground, 30 man brawl, umpire breaking a 16yo team mates nose with his flag, chased a referee, sang sectarian songs, etc when playing rugby.
                                                                                Respect for referees is much higher, greater emphasis on sporting behavior even at higher levels of it, things to be proud of in rugby culture.

There were plenty dickheads in every sport, and none had a monopoly on that front.
                                                                                Last edited by Goodluck2me; 14-02-20, 14:54. Reason: Spellingz

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                  Explosions in the Sky in vicar st tonight, excellent stuff
                                                                                  I was there too, it was amazing, eyes closed half the time. Nice wee trip to the beer market after too.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                    As someone who played soccer, GAA and rugby all the way growing up, I’d agree that in the vast majority of instances rugby does things better than soccer or GAA. I’ve never had my bus pelted with stones leaving a ground, 30 man brawl, umpire breaking a 16yo team mates nose with his flag, chased a referee, sang sectarian songs, etc when playing rugby.
                                                                                    Respect for referees is much higher, greater emphasis on sporting behavior even at higher levels of it, things to be proud of in rugby culture.

There were plenty dickheads in every sport, and none had a monopoly on that front.
                                                                                    First one was whataboutery, this one is dodging the real issue. Overall a masterclass in evasion. Keep this up and you'll be elected as a Sinn Fein TD...
                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Kayroo still bitter over not making the cut for the Belvedere junior squad imo.

Comment

First one was whataboutery, this one is dodging the real issue. Overall a masterclass in evasion. Keep this up and you'll be elected as a Sinn Fein TD...
                                                                                        I think theres merit in the "rugby does most things better than soccer or GAA tbh"

Why thats the case is an interesting question but I think it'd be hard to argue that organizationally at almost every level, things are handled better.

Underage is leagues ahead.
                                                                                        Academies are leagues ahead.
                                                                                        The governing body seems to be leagues ahead.
                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Per O'Broin today:

On Tuesday morning the broad progressive left had 66 TDs
                                                                                          SF 37
                                                                                          GP 12
                                                                                          SD 6
                                                                                          = 53

where do the other 13 come from? Labour have ruled out government. SPBP are lunatics (unless he is stretching the words 'broad and progressive' to breaking point).

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                            I think he was talking from a economic viewpoint, not H&S.
                                                                                            Definetely not over from an economic standpoint - This article, while focusing on shipping (mainly tankers) also touches on tourism and the differences now compared to back when SARS hit - This could rumble on for quite a bit yet

What are the logistics like in the quarantined cities? Are they doing regular supply runs to the population?

Would be funny if we get wiped out and Zerohedge wasn't around to report it.
                                                                                            I'm not hearing much from my offices over there whihc isn't unusual for China. From what I can gather, if it's not essential supplies, it isn't moving.

We've heard of a few suppliers that are technically back (which could mean anything from all employees in the factory to one lad workin from home answering e-mails) and they are saying they can't get truckers to bring freight to the port/airport. They are hoping next week will be better!

Comment

Per O'Broin today:

SF 37
                                                                                              GP 12
                                                                                              SD 6
                                                                                              = 53

where do the other 13 come from? Labour have ruled out government. SPBP are lunatics (unless he is stretching the words 'broad and progressive' to breaking point).
                                                                                              I don't think anyone is going to bite on this one.

We made the cover of The Economist this week.

Comment

Mary Lou interview in the London Times. Headline: 'Brexit is a game-changer . . . Johnson should prepare for a united Ireland, says Sinn Fein leader'.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                  Also noticed a few new blooms in my terribly neglected backyard yesterday. Is this a good time of year to replace old flowers and plants in advance of next spring? Have some dead looking bits'n'pieces that need to be removed, just want to figure out if it's worth buying plants in Woodies to stick in their place.
                                                                                                  About now is the time to get about doing something. Some unusually cheap Dahlia bulbs in Lidl next week https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/spring-garden/c1068 and bare root roses in stock again here https://www.thegardenshop.ie/plants/roses/bare-root/

Comment

Cite evasion to use evasion is that Bar 101?

What’s the “real issue”? I think I answered it already the problem is blown out of proportion, it’s a nonsense article and the “chants” are harmless. Anything else? There was no whataboutery, it started as “if this happened in soccer imagine the pearl clutching”, I pointed out that it did. Anyway no doubt a long week for you, you’re allowed the odd faux pais.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Larry is asked about it in an interview
                                                                                                      I watched the first ten minutes of the new curb yesterday. Wasn't great. And I'm pretty sure he is recycling the New Year's joke before, doesn't really bode well when that's your opener.

Comment

I watched the first ten minutes of the new curb yesterday. Wasn't great. And I'm pretty sure he is recycling the New Year's joke before, doesn't really bode well when that's your opener.
                                                                                                        I was only aware it was still a thing because the Donald tweeted a bit from it.

Comment

Brag: backed 10 winners in a row today.

Beat: starting bankroll was a €1 free bet.

Never works out like that when I've got real money involved

Comment

Maybe its just me but I often feel a bit cheeky going to vote, almost like im getting above my station. Its a similar feeling to having a bet when your under 18.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                              Maybe its just me but I often feel a bit cheeky going to vote, almost like im getting above my station. Its a similar feeling to having a bet when your under 18.
                                                                                                              I feel bad about only voting once

Comment

I feel bad about only voting once
                                                                                                                Once!?. I had you as a reg!?.
                                                                                                                Im only back voting as an ever present invigilator I didnt like the look of disappeared. Only football commentators and invigilators last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                  Once!?. I had you as a reg!?.
                                                                                                                  Im only back voting as an ever present invigilator I didnt like the look of disappeared. Only football commentators and invigilators last forever.
                                                                                                                  I meant once in this particular election.

Comment

In 1933 in Dáil Éireann (the Irish lower house), Thomas Kelly of Fianna Fáil said,

If a poor man is sick in hospital and not able to get out, surely it is a good turn to see that his vote is registered. If he has gone away and his neighbours know his opinions, I do not see any harm in personation. ... vote early and often.[7]

Comment

Yea it was weak enough alright, the painting was funny. I don't think I saw the previous series at all.

Comment

About now is the time to get about doing something. Some unusually cheap Dahlia bulbs in Lidl next week https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/spring-garden/c1068 and bare root roses in stock again here https://www.thegardenshop.ie/plants/roses/bare-root/
                                                                                                                        I've a decent collection of Dahlias I've built up over the years and some of the best of them came from Lidl.
                                                                                                                        Its a good time for the bare root plants but too early for Dahlias yet, you can start them in pots inside from March but you don't want them spending the night outside until we are clear of frost, last weeks of May or early June.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          I've a decent collection of Dahlias I've built up over the years and some of the best of them came from Lidl.
                                                                                                                          Its a good time for the bare root plants but too early for Dahlias yet, you can start them in pots inside from March but you don't want them spending the night outside until we are clear of frost, last weeks of May or early June.
                                                                                                                          Last year was the first time I split Dahlias, and also I tried taking slips from them; both successfully. It sounds crazy but the temps here in Dublin are a lot milder. No need to take Dahlias up, though I think Ionapaul is up near Stepaside which is a different ballgame altogether despite the same voting district.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by ComradeCollie; 14-02-20, 21:13.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X