Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruled no basket. Lose by 2.

Follow my new media channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCifzXFn_pHz-kkU9vVTSM0w Refs call this a missed dunk by James Harden#nba #mlghighlights #mlg
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      My job/office offer unlimited WFH days at the moment. It's really handy for a number of reasons. Just needs a few people to take the piss and ruin it for everyone though. That's always the danger.
      Same here.

I do it once a week, usually Wed. It lets you get all that annoying stuff done around the place that you cant get done with the usual work sched. So much handier. Most of the teams do the same.

No real danger of anyone ruining it for us though. Not like we need to be in the office all the time.

I do make sure the teams are all in the office one day a week though, agreed by consensus, for banter, clarity and engagement reasons.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
        A developer had put in a proposal to buy Clontarf Golf Club back in the boom.

The members were getting €100,000 each and a new course.

Crash happened and developer pulled out.

What RD3 said
        Members voted against proposal iirc.
        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          ho ho ho. Would be a nice pointed message on the dodginess of FPTP systems in a democracy with more than two parties.

I should know better than to get excited by rumours on twitter. Should
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

Any ev in signing up?
            I could be mistaken but there may be some members of 1 or 2 on here.

I own a piece of land near Dunmurray Springs GC in Kildare which has recently been taken over by a "Vulture fund". TBF, it was always struggling but it's following a pretty clear trend across Ireland and the UK.
            I thought holding on was prudent to see what may happen in the next few years as the land isn't worth much atm.

1850 golf courses in the UK in 2017, for example 9 golf courses closed in the UK in October this year.
            It's a dying sport, not sure about +EV but there are worse punts out there I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
              Members voted against proposal iirc.
              No, they were all over it. 90% of them in favour.

Sure they were getting 100k, a new course in Pirtmarnock (that was better apparently) and 20m being spent on new facilities.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                5/1 on PP for him to lose the seat so wishful thinking I suspect.

FFS, about to step out of car and into driving rain for 2 hours. Must learn to say No better.

Comment

Were you vacationing in a church over there?! You book a table in a nightclub and the table has a bag of coke on it that you can choose to use-it-buy-it or leave it alone. Every taxi driver is a coke dealer. Never seen more drugs in my entire life.
                  And the breakfast of champions in cafes: the "blanco y negro "

God I loved that place!

Comment

Comment

You're thinking of Newlands golf club that Members rejected a takeover. Roadstone wanted the land to extend the quarry. They were offered a massive sum each. A new course built within 10 minutes and playing privileges of 3 solid courses in the interim including the K Club. The old guard majority voted to stay. The younger members were absolutely all over it. Heartbreak when the coffin dodgers got their way.

Comment

Economist on the accuracy and cost of UK exit polls

Last edited by Guest; 12-12-19, 21:55.

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Wow no all nighters needed
                            Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Slaughtered.

Comment

Comment

It's not happening

Comment

They're animals anyway, so let them lose their souls!

Comment

Jaysis.

Richie, what was that about helping people relocate?

Comment

No overall majority 16/1...

Comment

SNP 55/59.

Get ready for IndyRef2.

Can they get it done before Brexit?

Comment

Puke
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Went to book a cardiologist appointment due to a worryingly low heart rate (falls to 33bpm at nighttime if my watch is correct - that seems far too low? although I'm on beta blockers so maybe that's the reason.). There's an app here where you get access to all medics calendars and can book an appointment directly through that. Genius in its simplicity as no messing with telephone calls and trying to see who has availability - all medical records now stored electronically subject to you giving permission each time, so no need to stick with any medic in particular. Anyway, seems they've rolled out an option of video consultations across most medics now. So you can have your consultation from the comfort of work. Sweet as fck as you normally lose a half-day with all the messing around with appointments. Lord hail the tech progress kings.
                                                  My HR is very low at night too and I am on 50mg of atenalol and will be switching to a drug called nadolol once it is available here. I naturally have a low HR anyway which I thought was my fitness, but was my undiagnosed Long QT syndrome.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  One thing I notice now is my eldest in her first year of secondary. She has frequent tests and this is a massive shock to her. She is literally learning, for the first time, how to study and do exams.

When did kids stop doing exams in primary school? We had them every summer from junior infants up and they were competitive, with prizes for the best. Teach 'em how to do exams at that age and it becomes second nature imo.
                                                  My youngest get's taught how to make a study plan and how to study then they sit exams. I like it as they learn how to study from a young age.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Only you would know what a seraphim is. Fuck off please.
                                                  Uhm, I know what one is. Shall I fuck off too

On another note, on reading what Hitch was saying about his choices. One thing that would put me off Ireland is the health service. My sons halter monitor results came back and he is looking at Borderline Long QT which he ALSO was cleared of in Ireland...

Just waiting on the youngests results, not looking great with 3/4 of us testing positive so far...

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                    5/1 on PP for him to lose the seat so wishful thinking I suspect.

FFS, about to step out of car and into driving rain for 2 hours. Must learn to say No better.

Comment

368 seats on the exit poll!

Comment

Social media would have had you expecting a landslide labour

Comment

On the plus side Labour will surely ditch Corbyn now and become competitive again. Personally like Corbyn and admire a lot of his views, but he clearly can't persuade the country.

lols at LibDems
                                                          Jo Swinson is predicted to have lost her seat.

BJ so confident that he decided not to vote for himself, as Denny said, Twitter would have you believe that Corbyn walks it.

Comment

Fuck them, they deserve the very worst that will happen to them.

Turkeys 0 Christmas 3

Some chance that with a majority like that they will get rid of Cummings &Co and flip to a soft brexit using some excuse about avoiding the NI UK border.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Fuck them, they deserve the very worst that will happen to them.

Turkeys 0 Christmas 3

Some chance that with a majority like that they will get rid of Cummings &Co and flip to a soft brexit using some excuse about avoiding the NI UK border.
                                                                  Look on the bright side, the DUP no have zero influence.

That's an absolute thumping win. Up there with Thatcher's biggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                    Go to bed with 5Live on earphones
                                                                    Lyric FM IMO

Comment

The DUP being able to retreat out of the sunlight that was showing them up as the prehistoric creatures that they are is not a good thing.

Comment

Ah, I shouldn't be too surprised that the only Labour leader I've liked since Michael Foot gets a similar result.

Comment

Social media would have had you expecting a landslide labour
                                                                          In this reply GAB nails the problem with SM, especially Twitter that I was thinking about last week when I was trying to imagine what the Twitter feed of a typical Tory voter looked like. I guess the answer is they more or less don't use it

Comment

Lyric FM IMO
                                                                            Was thinking more along the lines of Songs of Love and Hate by Godflesh myself

Comment

Given it's all over you might like this..

Comment

Democracy most Horrid

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                  Democracy most Horrid

Comment

In this reply GAB nails the problem with SM, especially Twitter that I was thinking about last week when I was trying to imagine what the Twitter feed of a typical Tory voter looked like. I guess the answer is they more or less don't use it

Also highlights that a 2nd referendum would likely have been a big leave win.

Comment

This probably the biggest factor

Comment

Its scary how fast a year goes.

there was no video for this amazing song. even though it is just a picture this song needs to be heard
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Gutting to see how little consequences there are electorally in the UK for being absolute pox as politicians and human beings.
                                                                                          Same in the North, DUP have lead the Protestant community into deprivation and disenfranchisement behind a fake Lambeg drum.
                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Is there nothing to be said for another Mass. ?

Comment

The sound man on BBC NI needs to be red carded.

Comment

Labour winning 2-0
                                                                                                Paddy powers paying out on any party that goes 2up
                                                                                                Labour landslide

Comment

I think the lesson to be taken here is that a temporary influence, i.e. the Brexit Party, has successfully flipped dozens of seats to the Tories.

They won't be there next time around. Labour need to ditch the Momentum headbangers and find a new Blair.

Comment

Exit polls should be banned , all the suspense gone instantly

Comment

I think the lesson to be taken here is that a temporary influence, i.e. the Brexit Party, has successfully flipped dozens of seats to the Tories.

They won't be there next time around. Labour need to ditch the Momentum headbangers and find a new Blair.
                                                                                                      By 4 am ?

Comment

The sight of farrage being a smug prick earlier going to be a low point of the entire fiasco.
                                                                                                        .

Comment

The bubble bursts in the first meeting with Barnier and Weyand.

Comment

Some of the counting in NI is taking place in my home town (for he first time I'm pretty sure) where the count centre used to be called Queen Elizabeth II Recreation Park and there was a years-long battle to change its rather one-sided title to the current, neutral, Meadowbank Leisure Centre.

Mid-Ulster/South Derry was a largely gerrymandered constituency in the 70s and 80s but the lines were re-drawn several times times in the last 30 years.

MPs have included Bernadette Devlin, the Rev. William McCrea and Martin McGuinness.

I could tell you a story or two.

Comment

Brexit date is now 1.10 to be between Jan-Jun 2020. Cant help but think that's a gross overreaction to tonight's vote and there'll still be massive complications getting it over the line that quick.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Brexit date is now 1.10 to be between Jan-Jun 2020. Cant help but think that's a gross overreaction to tonight's vote and there'll still be massive complications getting it over the line that quick.
                                                                                                                What? It should be 1.01.

They will pass the Withdrawal Agreement within 6 weeks.

Comment

What? It should be 1.01.

They will pass the Withdrawal Agreement within 6 weeks.
                                                                                                                  I'm happy to lay the 90% chance that Boris doesn't make good on his Jan 31st pledge.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                    I'm happy to lay the 90% chance that Boris doesn't make good on his Jan 31st pledge.
                                                                                                                    Cool, lay away.

With a majority of 80, what exactly do you think stops him?

Comment

Comment

ha, excellent richie. Had to read that twice to fully get the implication.

She was swimming in that moonlight sea swim somewhere in Dublin tonight and was saying how she wanted to do it every week. So I guess I better start packing.
                                                                                                                        Thought you of all people would know "went for a moonlight swim" at this time of the year is a euphemism for "went dogging".

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X