Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2020
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-10-19, 20:19   #61521
oleras
i won that tag fair and square in roulette !
 
oleras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Expecting rain...
Posts: 10,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
Yes, Aidan O Mahony served a long suspension for Kerry after failing a test cos of his inhaler
That was my point, kinda, they all declare it, its enhances their performance. They are all taking PED's.

Undeclared stuff and steroid abuse is the real deal though, very few clean pro sports peoples imo.
__________________
This too shall pass.
oleras is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 20:25   #61522
dobby
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 8,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by premierstone View Post
Lol absolutely and funnily enough I'm in an insanely good mood! My GAA club just had the most amazing weekend possible, nothing will run my buzz
Nice one. Enjoy celebrations. The lads at home lost an east Kerry league final to Dr. Crokes today by a point. They won championship 3 weeks ago and county league 1 week ago so disappointing to miss out on a treble haul but a savage season all the same.

That's the clubs 2nd team obvs, crokes first team won their.county quarter final today.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 20:31   #61523
premierstone
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
Nice one. Enjoy celebrations. The lads at home lost an east Kerry league final to Dr. Crokes today by a point. They won championship 3 weeks ago and county league 1 week ago so disappointing to miss out on a treble haul but a savage season all the same.



That's the clubs 2nd team obvs, crokes first team won their.county quarter final today.
Yeah we are a rural club who's first team was Junior 20 years ago now in a senior and intermediate county final in 2 weeks time, it's kind of pinch urself stuff to be honest!
premierstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 20:42   #61524
careca
Member
 
careca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,650
Speaking of club success- won 1 of 3 junior championships (was sub for one final) many years ago with Keane's uncle (fantastic player who had finished his senior career) as a team mate. We won it on a Sunday, I got back to dublin on the Friday morning after leaving tralee at 4am that day, and promptly got the evening train back to tralee that day in case I missed any of 'the craic'.

Great days.
careca is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 20:50   #61525
oleras
i won that tag fair and square in roulette !
 
oleras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Expecting rain...
Posts: 10,362
Salt Fat Acid Heat is just pure indulgence on Netflix..starving watching it...
__________________
This too shall pass.
oleras is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 20:54   #61526
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast
 
Keane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under the sea
Posts: 13,928
Send a message via MSN to Keane
Quote:
Originally Posted by careca View Post
Speaking of club success- won 1 of 3 junior championships (was sub for one final) many years ago with Keane's uncle (fantastic player who had finished his senior career) as a team mate. We won it on a Sunday, I got back to dublin on the Friday morning after leaving tralee at 4am that day, and promptly got the evening train back to tralee that day in case I missed any of 'the craic'.

Great days.
Mikey or Davey?
Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 20:57   #61527
careca
Member
 
careca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane View Post
Mikey or Davey?
Davy. Prob played with both at some stage though and def played with your father on a few occasions. All great players.
careca is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 21:07   #61528
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast
 
Keane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under the sea
Posts: 13,928
Send a message via MSN to Keane
Quote:
Originally Posted by careca View Post
Davy. Prob played with both at some stage though and def played with your father on a few occasions. All great players.
The apple fell very far from the tree in that regard unfortunately!
Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 21:08   #61529
dobby
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 8,458
Quote:
Originally Posted by premierstone View Post
Yeah we are a rural club who's first team was Junior 20 years ago now in a senior and intermediate county final in 2 weeks time, it's kind of pinch urself stuff to be honest!
Same. Small rural club. Our 1st team are Junior grade. 2nd team punching well above its weight but a good crop of youth and experience last couple of years. Miss being at home when you see the results and photos from celebrations.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 21:13   #61530
careca
Member
 
careca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keane View Post
The apple fell very far from the tree in that regard unfortunately!
Different talent
careca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 21:27   #61531
Keane
Martingale Enthusiast
 
Keane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Under the sea
Posts: 13,928
Send a message via MSN to Keane
Quote:
Originally Posted by careca View Post
Different talent
I remember playing under 16 one time and getting into a brief shouting match with a guy from the other crowd over on the stand side in Strand Road. I was all riled up next thing I heard Mazie yell out "Jaysus lads he has his mother's temper anyway" which was bad enough only for Christie to roar back "As long as he doesn't have his father's hamstrings". They might as well have taken me off at that stage, I was weak!
Keane is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 22:12   #61532
Lazare
GFML
 
Lazare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleras View Post
Salt Fat Acid Heat is just pure indulgence on Netflix..starving watching it...
Cheers Ole, stuck it on after reading that. Great show. Really want to make that ragu.
__________________
'I'm the ugliest guy, in the Lower East Side. But I've got wheels and you wanna go for a ride'
Lazare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 22:26   #61533
dobby
Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 8,458
Has anyone been to a Moroccan restaurant in Dublin. The 3 we are looking at are Dada on South William St, El Bahia on Wicklow St and Marrakesh on Capel St if anyone has an experience of any of them.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 22:33   #61534
CHDad
Creative when bored
 
CHDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: m8
Posts: 22,264
Send a message via MSN to CHDad
Greatest performance of the world cup so far has been PSV
CHDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 22:48   #61535
oleras
i won that tag fair and square in roulette !
 
oleras's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Expecting rain...
Posts: 10,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazare View Post
Cheers Ole, stuck it on after reading that. Great show. Really want to make that ragu.
Now u can justify the €25 olive oil !!
__________________
This too shall pass.
oleras is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 23:16   #61536
PSV58
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHDad View Post
Greatest performance of the world cup so far has been PSV
If I can reach even just one casual rugby fan and steer them wasting their time it’ll all have been worth it.
Obviously not going to convert the true rugby fans but we don’t need to.it cant survive without the casual bandwagoners.

Everyone can play a part , try it at work tomorrow.
They are in a dark place , they have been lied to for so long, convinced by the army of ex player propagandists in the media that we just had to turn up to make the semis. Now they have lost everything and are at their most vulnerable, now they can be helped.
__________________
“PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019
PSV58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 23:34   #61537
Trippie
Member
 
Trippie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Purgatorio
Posts: 2,677
I honestly think you should come to morning pints and watch the England NZ game next Saturday, and go find a club and give it a shot for a month.
Trippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-19, 23:44   #61538
Lazare
GFML
 
Lazare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleras View Post
Now u can justify the €25 olive oil !!
Olio e balsamico, two things you've got to fork out for.

That Mexican street food scene with all the different salsas, oh jaysus what I'd give to experience that.
__________________
'I'm the ugliest guy, in the Lower East Side. But I've got wheels and you wanna go for a ride'
Lazare is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Old 20-10-19, 23:53   #61539
PSV58
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trippie View Post
I honestly think you should come to morning pints and watch the England NZ game next Saturday, and go find a club and give it a shot for a month.
I’ll prob watch it, but join a club? What age do you think I am !
Ill stick to the golf , the true people’s game
I’ll retire rugby wumming for the rest of the WC, always go out at the top and I’ve peaked at the right time
__________________
“PSV was right all along” -Hitch 20 May 2019
PSV58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 21-10-19, 08:03   #61540
Raoul Duke III
The King
 
Raoul Duke III's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Department of Truth and Unicorns
Posts: 26,585
This FF invisible voting scandal is a great mood-lifter of a Monday morning. Besides the two knuckle-draggers Collins and Dimmy Tooley, it's now sucked in Lisa Chambers, long been groomed as FF token woman leader in waiting.

Rumours that Willie O'Dea is involved too but surely that would just be too many cherries on top.
__________________
"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."
Raoul Duke III is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From:
Reply

  Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Bookmarks

Tags
#paleo, bad for you, bread, misunderstoodcompliments

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 08:12.