Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Yeah, and someone as highly strung as that is liable to go completely off the deep end when placed under extreme pressure.

It's hardly an original observation to note that public institutions work in a highly inefficient manner! Or that they tend to attract time-serving wasters. Duh. Doing something about same is the real challenge.
    Actually that reminds me, I don't know if it was posted here before but Michael Goves the Price of Peace is incredible reading - it's really a great insight into the madness that is hard right thinking.

Comment

Not knowing never stopped me before.

So what do we know (or think we know)?

The EU won't reopen the WA. They have been very consistent on this - which is obviously hugely reassuring for us. We are not getting busunderchucked.
      They have always been happy to tweak the political declaration.
      Van der Leyen and Michel have been fairly muted thus far but anything they have said has been following the previous line.
      The EU is united and on-message.

The UK is in a very strange place. Even stranger than when May was cluelessly blundering about. BoJo has assembled a collection of libertarians and Thatcherites who are making very aggressive, uncompromising noises. With of course no plan to back them up.

It's looking like one rational actor and one out of control. The movement needs to be on the UK side but what will it be? Can parliament block no-deal?

I have no fucking idea what will happen next but I can't see anything barring further humiliation for the UK.
      Rational actor usually loses in these situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
        Agreed. Thats how it plays out in my house anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
          I expect a fair number of IPB regs would be gun owners if they were from the US and lived there long term.
          I'd be surprised in there wasn't a couple of gun owners here at the minute.

Comment

Entirely depends on power balance surely?

Comment

Anyone want to give me a price on Cummings being gone from his high profile role before parliament reconvenes?
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Selling a gun if anyone is interested .
                As new , apart from 3 notches near the trigger.

Comment

Joe Duffy good on about a lad fucked out of Lurgan

Mia, arrived home safely an hour ago anyway.
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                    Yes indeed and this is a fight (doesn't need to be but it is) between a bear and a rabbit.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                      Actually that reminds me, I don't know if it was posted here before but Michael Goves the Price of Peace is incredible reading - it's really a great insight into the madness that is hard right thinking.
                      You think these guys are 'hard right'?

They would shit themselves if they ever met a proper fascist.

Comment

Escaping the heat for a few mins and came across this Brexit beauty:

The thing is, the best way to understand Theresa May’s predicament is to imagine that 52 percent of Britain had voted that the government should build a submarine out of cheese

Comment

Yes indeed and this is a fight (doesn't need to be but it is) between a bear and a rabbit.
                          Think it tends to come down to who's willing to scorch more earth. Which is usually the irrational person.

Comment

I imagine it's the same concept as this only instead of the light moving your head is
                            http://kino-mo.com Hypervsn is a visual solution for creating, managing and displaying 3D video content with holographic effect.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Think it tends to come down to who's willing to scorch more earth. Which is usually the irrational person.
                              LOL.

So the advantage the Brits have is a willingness to shoot themselves in the head?

Great negotiating leverage that. I'm sure the EU will be falling over themselves to accede.

Comment

How would you describe them? They are on the far right of the conservative party. Cummings is an anti establishment populist.

Comment

How would you describe them? They are on the far right of the conservative party. Cummings is an anti establishment populist.
                                  A mixture of Thatcherites and libertarians, per earlier.

They are 'right', not 'far right'. Britain doesn't do extremes of politics. At least not in the mainstream. Most of them would be Democrats in the US.

(

Comment

I read Gove's Northern Ireland document and my conclusion was that he's a child. I agree with RDIII, he may write something hawkish while supping his weak lemon drink but a real hard right man would probably steal his lunch money to much tears.

Comment

"The right" is far too broad a term to have any meaning. The far right of the conservative party (Rees Moggs et al) less in common with the left side of the conservative party than with actual fascists. They would dismantle the welfare state, repatriate black immigrants and roll back all the recently won equality rights. They would fit right in to the republican party, not the democrats.

Comment

Speaking of interesting light stuff, I saw this splendid looking water projection performance the other night by Pink that is from the Brit Awards this year:
                                        Interactive water projection performance «Try»London, Great Britain, 2019© 2019-2023 by Freckled Sky. All rights reserved. No part of this video may be repro...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                          I expect a fair number of IPB regs would be gun owners if they were from the US and lived there long term.
                                          Ya definitely would, guns are a load of fun. It’s one of the main reasons I am glad that we don’t allow mass gun ownership - I wouldn’t trust myself and I think I’m more responsible than a lot of people I know

Comment

"The right" is far too broad a term to have any meaning. The far right of the conservative party (Rees Moggs et al) less in common with the left side of the conservative party than with actual fascists. They would dismantle the welfare state, repatriate black immigrants and roll back all the recently won equality rights. They would fit right in to the republican party, not the democrats.
                                            Whereas actual fascists would murder those whose existence they disapprove of. Look at Putin for a modern-day example.

The Conservatives are democrats (small D), not demagogues.

Comment

Texas and gun ownership is common enough. My best friend has 5 or 6 ranging from magnum 357(he works from home and keeps this on top of his printer) to shotgun and rifle, nothing semi auto though. a neighbours fence collapsed in a storm a while back and the repairman came to door to ask if he could come onto the property and take a look. When the guy started walking through the house to the back garden my friend noticed he had pistol in holster on hip, argument insued about right to carry and he told him to get out of the house.

When you are erecting fences and feel the need to carry a weapon things have gone too far.

Comment

Whereas actual fascists would murder those whose existence they disapprove of. Look at Putin for a modern-day example.

The Conservatives are democrats (small D), not demagogues.
                                                It's a lot more complicated than that. The conservative party encompasses a very spectrum of beliefs, lumping them all together is a pretty big mistake. Yes Putin would be further to the right again. Mussolini would be a better example.

Comment

The Conservatives were democrats (small D), not demagogues.
                                                  FYP IMO

The mainstream are now just a bunch of lily livered jobsworths who have abjectly surrendered to the nutjobs of the ERG

Comment

Cummings is an anti establishment populist.
                                                    He may be anti-establishment but how can someone so concerned with complexity be considered a populist?

Comment

Still prefer the pre-road to damascus days when HJ used to steal tuna rolls from homeless people.
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 08-08-19, 18:16.

Comment

He may be anti-establishment but how can someone so concerned with complexity be considered a populist?
                                                        Are the two mutually exclusive? He is concerned with complexity whist also leading essentially populist campaigns like Vote Leave.

Comment

Still prefer the pre-road to damascus days when HJ used to still tuna rolls from homeless people.
                                                          Never Forget.

Comment

Are the two mutually exclusive? He is concerned with complexity whist also leading essentially populist campaigns like Vote Leave.
                                                            The essence of being a populist is claiming that you, and really only you, represent the voice of the "real people". And the real people are really a notional moral subset of society. What have you seen or heard from Cummings that fits that?

Surely he's a technocrat whose opinions on how things should be done are opposed to populist discourses? I just can't fit together what he says and writes and what populist politicians do.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                Tried cocaine last night. My god its some drug. Have had it before in Colombia and Mexico. But its really something special.
                                                                Someone asked me to describe it recently and I told her to think of all the joy, excitement and wellbeing you'll feel over the next four days then squeeze and condense it and use it all up over the next four hours.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

how is that different than ecstacy?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    how is that different than ecstacy?
                                                                    With coke you just love yourself, with ecstasy you love everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                      With coke you just love listening to yourself, with ecstasy you love everyone.

only ever made me antsy and feel like I was bringing on a heart attack.

Comment

I think that is more a product of the actual cut up rubbish we get here although that may have changed in recent times as it has been a long, long time since I have had any but in the past most of the time what you got sold in Ireland was awful. I always wondered what the fuss was about until I stumbled across some proper stuff a few times.

Opr

Comment

The essence of being a populist is claiming that you, and really only you, represent the voice of the "real people". And the real people are really a notional moral subset of society. What have you seen or heard from Cummings that fits that?
                                                                          Yes. The entire vote leave campaign was unashamedly populist, and he was the campaign director.

Comment

Shower of gun tooting, coke snoortin, smack heads. Can't even mash yer beans into yer spuds around here one minute , next ye are debating the cut of Coke. BBV finally disappeared up it's own left nostril.

Comment

Comment

Sitting in kitchen on phone, saw something corner of my eye. A very brazen little mouse came out from under skirting board near sink and decided to have a nibble of the dogs nuts and fucked back under skirting board

Who the fuck gets mice this time of the year.

Anyway 2 traps set, one with chocolate, one with peanut butter. Took dogs bed out, he can sleep in Mia's room and kitchen out of bounds ffs
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                  A very brazen little mouse came out from under skirting board near sink and decided to have a nibble of the dogs nuts
                                                                                  I have a question.

Comment

Be handy if the neighbour's cat dropped by for a visit.

Comment

Tried cocaine last night. My god its some drug. Have had it before in Colombia and Mexico. But its really something special.
                                                                                      It's mainly washing powder and various other legal substances you're hoovering up your nose.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                        I have a question.
                                                                                        😂😂😂 Well that was badly worded
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Wow.

Comment

The great John Cooper Clarke was on Desert Island Discs a few weeks ago as well as a fabulous playlist he was as delightful an interviewee as ever. The highlight was after talking a bit in the interview about the years he lost to heroin and the difficulty he gad getting off it he went on to pick as his luxury ' A boulder of opium twice the size of my head'

You can listen to the programme here
                                                                                            John Cooper Clarke, poet, shares the soundtrack of his life with Lauren Laverne.

I made a playlist on spotify

Comment

.

I feel your pain.gin only way
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

I thought it was the most overrated thing ever. Give me a big fat joint of grass any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by limpwhacker View Post
                                                                                                  I thought it was the most overrated thing ever. Give me a big fat joint of grass any day of the week.

And that's a vomit from me.
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Is speed gone best narcotic ever. Circ 1994 for me. Awesome shit
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        ...Speaking of which...Randomly, I'm looking for 2 tickets to the musical of this for Saturday if anyone has any to sell...
                                                                                                        Last edited by luckforsome; 09-08-19, 05:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          Wow.

Jesus. Amnesty have completely jumped the shark.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            Have they ever issued a travel warning for anywhere else?

Uruguay issued a travel warnings to the states in retaliation for The States doing something similar about Uruguay crime.

All seems like cheap shots tbh.
                                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Eh?
                                                                                                              Sounds like straightforward sensible advice.

Comment

Eh?
                                                                                                                Sounds like straightforward sensible advice.
                                                                                                                No it doesn't. It's a political message.

Comment

There's talk of pound parity...with the dollar.

Comment

Sign up for the Fantasy Football here. Last day today.

Comment

No it doesn't. It's a political message.
                                                                                                                      Its a fact that more than 12 people per 100K die by guns in the US putting it in the top ten in the world with only Jamaica above it being in any sense a tourist destination. Its a fact that 9 of those 12 are drawn from a minority of non european looking people.
                                                                                                                      But hey sometimes the bare facts are a political message.

Comment

Its a fact that more than 12 people per 100K die by guns in the US putting it in the top ten in the world with only Jamaica above it being in any sense a tourist destination. Its a fact that 9 of those 12 are drawn from a minority of non european looking people.
                                                                                                                        But hey sometimes the bare facts are a political message.
                                                                                                                        12 people per 100k die due to motor vehicles in the US, would you take a road warning from Amnesty seriously?

Comment

There's talk of pound parity...with the dollar.
                                                                                                                          Looks like the only question now is if the various opposition to no deal factions in Westminster can coalesce around someone, probably not Corbyn, to form an interim administration just a government of letters with no other policy than to look for another extension that will bring them past Oct 29th to a November election.

Other than that they will walk off the cliff going very much like this.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X