Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This appeared in the IrishTimes today: https://www.daft.ie/kildare/houses-f...ldare-2167401/

It must be a pretty good sign for putting up my place over the next few months, approx 10 min drive from my place.
    It feels like this type of place sells in Dublin but 80k in Kildare Town seems ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
      This appeared in the IrishTimes today: https://www.daft.ie/kildare/houses-f...ldare-2167401/

It must be a pretty good sign for putting up my place over the next few months, approx 10 min drive from my place.
      It feels like this type of place sells in Dublin but 80k in Kildare Town seems ridiculous.
      Even in Dublin city centre that would be a bit grim... can a person really just parcel off some of their garden, stick up a cheap cabin and sell it as a 'house'?

Comment

You gotta love that ad!

"The Lodge"
        "Private Courtyard"

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          what's the point really?

Like they are beyond certifiably nuts, that is incontrovertible. But there's about a dozen of them, so who cares? Just smacks of freakshow TV.
          Freak show sums him up really. I find him quite smarmy and exploitative

Comment

I toy with the idea of getting a 2/3 bedroom wood cabin at the bottom of my garden. Seems 35-40k would get you a very impressive abode. I’d be thinking of having it as a garden summer house and/or somewhere for the mother in law to move into when she needs the cash tied up in her home.

Then I stop to consider I might be going crazy on many levels.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              Freak show sums him up really. I find him quite smarmy and exploitative
              typical son living in the shadow of a far more talented father
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That's amazing !
                I was a bit surprised they got PP for that and was interested to see what conditions were attached. HAd a root around the kcoco planning site and I can't find any mention of an application or it appearing as a property at all.
                Kildare is still a build first and retain at your leisure kind of planning office but I find it very hard to see that they could have got permission for that without some conditions regarding who it was being built for and would live in it. Its even more unlikely though that anyone would be stupid enough to try and sell it without full permission so I assume I'm missing something on the planning map.

I had a neighbour who after being refused permission to build a second house on his site just went ahead and built an extension that was a whole extra house turning his detached bungalow into a semi detached. It had windows on the side overlooking neighbours that he was specifically refused for on the permission for the original house. He didn't even bother to put a fake connecting door from the original house into the new one. He had it rented out as soon as it was finished. All this time a number of other conditions from his original permission (entrance, hedges, drain etc.) now getting close to 10 years built have not been fulfilled despite complaints being made
                Planning officials called off their own bat to neighbours and told them informally that nothing would ever be done about the breaches unless written and properly formed objections were raised. WTaF here is the state telling people that they have observed the law being broken but we are going to ignore it unless you are willing to go on the public record and rat out your neighbour! That wasn't a problem because yer man is a scummer and having rented the whole place to various scumbags over the years there were no shortage of people willing to object.
                The reason this place reminds me of it was that the whole application for retention hung on a what he said was a critical and urgent need for an infirm elderly family member to live beside him. As he didn't live on the premises himself and that the person he was supposedly building it for died before the application for retention went in might have counted against him but faced with the choice of letting him away with it or making him knock it down the council as always opted to let him retain it
                That was a few years ago the outcome being a list of 20 odd conditions he was to meet including all the ten year outstanding ones. A couple of the more significant ones moving windows and doors and hilariously inserting an internal door that was immediately plastered over were carried out and the majority till haven't been. No one from the family ever lived in it and its been rented ever since.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                  I toy with the idea of getting a 2/3 bedroom wood cabin at the bottom of my garden. Seems 35-40k would get you a very impressive abode. I’d be thinking of having it as a garden summer house and/or somewhere for the mother in law to move into when she needs the cash tied up in her home.

Then I stop to consider I might be going crazy on many levels.
                  Absolutely crazy, why would you leave her out in the shed when you could have her move right in with you

Comment

Bairstow's injury is sealing the deal for England.

He doesn't want to have to run so he's bashing it about instead

Comment

Jason Roy is like a powerful Neil Fairbrother!!!

Comment

I fancy Root to score a classical hundred today and put these filthy Antipodean swine to the sword.
                        Seems unlikely given they are already 95/0

put these filthy Antipodean swine to the sword.

Comment

Roy smacks cheating sandpapery bogan Smith for three successive sixes!

Grind them into the dust England

Comment

Roy and Bairstow gone but 147/2

Root will surely see them home at a canter, be nice if Morgan was there at the end too

Comment

What an absolute shellacking! Beat them like a redheaded stepchild.

Take a bow Eoin Morgan. Second Irish involvement in a WC final in two years.

Hit the winning runs too. Lovely.

Comment

Meant to reply to Dennys gas story. Did it once. One Easter Mrs went down to sticks early and i cooked my Spag Bol and left it on low heat for a few mins. Took it off, eat it went to bed. Friday morning fook off to Galway. Arrive back Monday evening and when i walk into the kitchen it was like being in the Middle East. Cop it and try divert herslf upstairs. No joy.
                                Done it a couple times since on smaller scales too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  I'd be very likely to play.
                                  Likewise

Comment

Any appetite for an IPB golf outing at any stage over the next few weeks.

I know they ran before but I never attended, I recently began playing again so eager to play as much as possible.

Not quite sure how many previously played but I'll start a thread if we have the interest.
                                    The last of these I attended was held in the K Club on a dismal wet and windy day where I threw so many golf balls into ditches that I could have been fined for littering.

I, and the weather, have improved somewhat since that outing. If this was organised I would certainly be on to play.
                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                      The last of these I attended was held in the K Club on a dismal wet and windy day where I threw so many golf balls into ditches that I could have been fined for littering.

I, and the weather, have improved somewhat since that outing. If this was organised I would certainly be on to play.
                                      I played with youself and Zuutroy one day. Any line on the year because it was the last time i hit a ball. Think it was 2012?? PS i think i won

Comment

Anyone with kids in the 3-4yo age, try Booba on Netflix....3 min episodes but my two seem to be in stiches.....

Some Poker website this

Comment

haven't played in like 10-15 years, my handicap must have taken some walloping by now. Not to mention a broken elbow since.

Are there any PAYG pitch and putt places i could go to that are handy to get to around dublin? Get me back in the swing of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            haven't played in like 10-15 years, my handicap must have taken some walloping by now. Not to mention a broken elbow since.

Are there any PAYG pitch and putt places i could go to that are handy to get to around dublin? Get me back in the swing of things.
                                            Every P&P is PAYG surely...Go to driving range for an hour and hit Driver or3w off tee...then 5i/7i/9i off mat for hour total and be grand?

I vaguely remember you saying you were off a decent HC years ago..you dont lose it too much.

Not sure where u are (town?) but sure google is your friend. Rather that that P&P

Comment

I thought so too! Last time I tried my local place they said it was members only, will have a look about again as it's been a few years! Pitch and Putt is fun with a few lads, driving range is grand job yep, never really used one much.

I'll bring up my one iron from sligo

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Anyone with kids in the 3-4yo age, try Booba on Netflix....3 min episodes but my two seem to be in stiches.....

Some Poker website this
                                                4 year old came in from playing earlier, asked could she please watch tv before she went to bed. Ok I said, 3 minutes.

'Dada, that's not enough, I'd still be trying to find my carty (cartoon) at that stage'

They'd buy and sell ye.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  4 year old came in from playing earlier, asked could she please watch tv before she went to bed. Ok I said, 3 minutes.

'Dada, that's not enough, I'd still be trying to find my carty (cartoon) at that stage'

They'd buy and sell ye.
                                                  Yeah, they're deadly. I still think about you and the little girl you lost. None moreso than last week when those cretins were outside Holles St. I was gonna post the tweet but didnt want to. I know you are a strong man and have probably seen it since but by God (lol) it was so insensitive. Anyway, much love man. Hope to see you in Toyko at this rate

Comment

I thought so too! Last time I tried my local place they said it was members only, will have a look about again as it's been a few years! Pitch and Putt is fun with a few lads, driving range is grand job yep, never really used one much.

I'll bring up my one iron from sligo
                                                    So you're in too then??

Comment

I played with youself and Zuutroy one day. Any line on the year because it was the last time i hit a ball. Think it was 2012?? PS i think i won
                                                      Prob was around 2012. I was just getting into it then. Got down to 14 hcap and then gave up about 4 years ago. Haven't hit a ball since.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        That's amazing !
                                                        I was a bit surprised they got PP for that and was interested to see what conditions were attached. HAd a root around the kcoco planning site and I can't find any mention of an application or it appearing as a property at all.
                                                        The ad has been taken down, I can only assume they were slated for this in light of it being shared in TheIrishTimes.

For those who missed it: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...53706?mode=amp

Trying not to be petty here but the owners & auctioneers deserve the ridicule for it tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                          Prob was around 2012. I was just getting into it then. Got down to 14 hcap and then gave up about 4 years ago. Haven't hit a ball since.
                                                          I feel if I had RD3s ability to plug a comp, we could get great numbers.

You in?

Comment

They'd buy and sell ye.
                                                            Three minutes?!? You're so mean I wouldn't be surprised if you owed yourself money

Comment

You in?
                                                              Pending suitability I would play.
                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

You in?
                                                                You need a hook to draw in the mugs punters

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                  Three minutes?!? You're so mean I wouldn't be surprised if you owed yourself money
                                                                  I don't think you have kids?

Anyone who does probably says '3 minutes' 50 times a day.

Comment

D'ya know what I like about holliers? Not knowing what day it is.

Comment

Watching Neon Genesis Evangelion on Netflix. It's about 20 years since I last watched it and holy shit I had forgotten how much it fucks with your head.
                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Cricket final live on C4 Sunday. That's the day fucked.

Comment

You in?
                                                                          Slim chance. Not if its the back of beyond somewhere!

Comment

I played the Balheary par 3 golf course in Swords last week and it was very enjoyable.

Comment

Yeah, they're deadly. I still think about you and the little girl you lost. None moreso than last week when those cretins were outside Holles St. I was gonna post the tweet but didnt want to. I know you are a strong man and have probably seen it since but by God (lol) it was so insensitive. Anyway, much love man. Hope to see you in Toyko at this rate
                                                                              Cheers bro, that's v nice of you.

Yeah, I saw it. Bastards know exactly what they're at with that disgusting stunt. They're a tiny group of mostly close to dying social outcasts though. Fuck them.

Too late for Tokyo unfort, missed the qualifying standard by a few decades

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                Haha, it's never 3 mins though and she knows it. Think she got about 20.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  I played the Balheary par 3 golf course in Swords last week and it was very enjoyable.
                                                                                  Would you be able to walk in on weekends to play or need to book in advance?
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Thanks that's perfect, and they hire out clubs too.

Comment

Of all the things I ever pictured you doing, golf was not on the list.

Comment

It's one of the great mindfulness challenges. Miss 3 footer . It's all good . "Retrieves putter from lake.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                          Pray for Kayroo
                                                                                          Lol autocorrect never heard of Mr. Venn.
                                                                                          Although thankfully Kayroo is most likely aware that I have.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                            D'ya know what I like about holliers? Not knowing what day it is.
                                                                                            This. Only way I know this week is based on what restaurant we have booked for each night and which restaurant follows the one before it.

Would be lost otherwise.

Comment

Haha, it's never 3 mins though and she knows it. Think she got about 20.
                                                                                              No wonder Irish people are so bad at distances when it comes to giving directions

Aaahh, ya, go about 3 minutes down the road till you get to the big tree and turn left

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                Would you be able to walk in on weekends to play or need to book in advance?
                                                                                                Dunno, they're very friendly so maybe give them a ring.

I don't play golf, think it was my third time ever. I have a friend who mostly works, doesn't do a lot for fun, and can get quite down. I found out he used to play golf so I suggested we go to try to create a spark. He is now joining Clontarf golf club.

Having said that it was lovely - beautiful day, pretty empty at 1pm on a Friday when the Irish Open was on TV, a good walk not spoiled.

Comment

Dunno, they're very friendly so maybe give them a ring.

I don't play golf, think it was my third time ever. I have a friend who mostly works, doesn't do a lot for fun, and can get quite down. I found out he used to play golf so I suggested we go to try to create a spark. He is now joining Clontarf golf club.

Having said that it was lovely - beautiful day, pretty empty at 1pm on a Friday when the Irish Open was on TV, a good walk not spoiled.
                                                                                                  ++Pokerhand

Would you both be interested in the IPB golf event?

Obviously bring your friend along Hotspur if they were interested too.

Comment

++Pokerhand

Would you both be interested in the IPB golf event?

Obviously bring your friend along Hotspur if they were interested too.
                                                                                                    Haven't played much over the last few years so am a bit off, would not find it enjoyable to watch how bad I am. That why I thought of the par 3, would be more relaxing and fun and less time consuming.

Thanks for asking but probably not up for it.
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The ad has been taken down, I can only assume they were slated for this in light of it being shared in TheIrishTimes.

For those who missed it: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-...53706?mode=amp

Trying not to be petty here but the owners & auctioneers deserve the ridicule for it tbf.
                                                                                                        I’d imagine it was more serious than being ridiculed. Article states;

The agents says no planning permission was required to erect the cabin...
                                                                                                        Because that’s completely incorrect. I imagine imagine somebody (either council or legal advisor) had a quiet word with them.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        A couple of the more significant ones moving windows and doors and hilariously inserting an internal door that was immediately plastered over
                                                                                                        Pricks like that are frustrating alright.
                                                                                                        However the internal door, even if plastered over immediately serves a purpose of ensuring non-compliance with fire regs for party wall. Stops him selling it as a dwelling. Although I’m sure a dodgy agent like he above would produce a very from somewhere
                                                                                                        Last edited by Mellor; 12-07-19, 11:04.

Comment

Enjoying this guys videos from run down old soviet countries. Wow Moldova looks like it's had nothing done to it since the 90s.

🇲🇩 Moldova is the least visited country in Europe. And so I came to its capital city Kishinev to see why...It did not take long to find the answer. Years o...

🇲🇩 On my last day in Moldova I had invitations to hang out with some different people but there was only one dude I wanted to spend my final hours in the c...
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I am amazed Money Heist is coming back for a 3rd season. I thought it was only going to be a 2 season show based on season 2 ending as it seemed to wrap up all the loose threads. Be interested in what direction the show takes.

Comment

I know a few here will be interested, tickets on sale now for Sunday week double header in Croke Park, Meath v Mayo at 2pm, Kerry v Donegal at 4pm. €30 an absolute bargain

Comment

Disappointing to see the Eskies call it a day

Live recording of 'Building Up Walls' from the album 'And Don't Spare The Horses' recorded at Whelans of Wexford Street, Dublin on the 13th of January 2019.h...

Comment

Every P&P is PAYG surely...Go to driving range for an hour and hit Driver or3w off tee...then 5i/7i/9i off mat for hour total and be grand?

I vaguely remember you saying you were off a decent HC years ago..you dont lose it too much.

Not sure where u are (town?) but sure google is your friend. Rather that that P&P
                                                                                                                  I’d do the opposite, always start with the low impact clubs to warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                    I am amazed Money Heist is coming back for a 3rd season. I thought it was only going to be a 2 season show based on season 2 ending as it seemed to wrap up all the loose threads. Be interested in what direction the show takes.
                                                                                                                    Shame, they always go a series too far.

Comment

Fedddddddd!!!!!!

Comment

Nadal seems to have dropped a lot of his pre-serve twitches and general freaky OCD shit.

Comment

And Fed is now sponsored by Uniqlo....wtf? He was always a Nike man.

Oh I see. Just the $300 million.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X