Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
    Milk in microwave, spoon maxwell house, 3 to 5 heaped teaspoons of sugar. Job done

Ya mucksavage.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Ya mucksavage.
      That's what I grew up on and let me tell ya a milky coffee in my parts was a luxury
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
        Milk in microwave, spoon maxwell house, 3 to 5 heaped teaspoons of sugar. Job done
        I'd rather have AIDS.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Funny one I read a while ago..

'I'd rather guide me Da into me Ma than eat that'

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Funny one I read a while ago..

'I'd rather guide me Da into me Ma than eat that'
            Rate my plate? 🤣 🤣 🤣

It's so funny
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

There was an online test linked here years ago about risk/judgement. There was about 20 general knowledge questions, and then you set a slider based on how sure you were about your answer. It gave a score about your ability to judge your probability of being correct.

Does anyone remember it or what it's called?
              Last edited by Denny Crane; 21-02-19, 17:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                Mcdonalds don't do fresh milk which is insane.

Who you on in Mexico.

Small on Cam Smith, Bubba and Tbo
                Even for lattes, cappuccinos etc?
                airport, lol

Comment

Sometimes I really worry about people

Me : Do you want me to rate that over Houston or L.A.?

US Colleague : Geogrphically speaking L.A. is best

Me : OK, here are the rates via L.A.

US Colleague : The price from L.A. to here is almost $5K. From Houston it's only about $1.5K - Can you not rate it over Houston?

Me :

Comment

Rutger Bregman that I mentioned recently was at Davos and brought up Tax Avoidance in a discussion.
                    It led Tucker Carlson from Fox to have him on the show but they didn't air it because Carlson called him a fucking moron.
                    Bregman released the video with Carlson anyway, it's quite funny tbf but the video from Davos is quite good.

Executive Director of Oxfam was brilliant in her response to a former Yahoo CFO.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      Anyway, anyone have any good quiz questions?
                      - Only player to score in the Premier League for 7 different clubs?

- How many games did Arsenal’s unbeaten run (including the invincibles season) last?

- Who scored the winning goal of the 2010 World Cup Final

- Last non- German/British Formula 1 World Champion

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

- How many games did Arsenal’s unbeaten run (including the invincibles season) last?

Football ones are easy, haven't a clue about F1

SPOILER
                        Bellamy, 49 games, Iniestaaaaaaa

F1 is hard, no idea. Alonso??

Comment

Possibly a little esoteric for an Irish quiz but I thought it's a good quiz question:

The only player to win NBA finals MVP while being on the losing side?

SPOILER
                          Jerry "The Logo" West, it was the inaugural year of the award, originally given as a consolation prize after his performance

Comment

Some sensational batting from both sides in the first Windies v England ODI
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                              Possibly a little esoteric for an Irish quiz but I thought it's a good quiz question:

SPOILER
                              Jerry "The Logo" West, it was the inaugural year of the award, originally given as a consolation prize after his performance
                              That'd be like asking some Americans who got man of the match in the 2015 Hurling final.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                That'd be like asking some Americans who got man of the match in the 2015 Hurling final.
                                Bout 10 mins left on the Thai green Dom.

Comment

Bout 10 mins left on the Thai green Dom.
                                  You're a madman.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post

SPOILER
                                    The Tucker Carlson video is hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                      I agree. But I don't think the majority of people drink black coffee in Ireland, theyd always have it with something so they're not getting the healthy benefits of it.
                                      Why would the benefits only apply to black coffee?

If somebody had a black coffee then an hour later had a sup of milk. Do they lose the benefits too. Nope. That's not how nutrition works.

I'd have 2 coffees and 1-2 cups of tea most days. Caffeine exercise is s huge plus.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                          Even for lattes, cappuccinos etc?
                                          I'm sure that is hot milk from the machine but I don't have a fanny so I don't order it.

UHT with your Americano.

Comment

To be fair that Dutch historian was some supercilious wanker.

Comment

Fanny on C4

Comment

I'm sure that is hot milk from the machine but I don't have a fanny so I don't order it.

UHT with your Americano.
                                                Hot milk from a machine doesn't mean fresh milk isn't being used. Those machines posted yesterday probably draw fresh milk.

And it's definitely not UHT in an Americano

Comment

Fanny on C4
                                                  Mad how 20 years ago that show would have me driven mad with the horn.

May aswel be looking at elbows now.

I'm old.

Comment

F1 I'm fairly sure is
                                                    SPOILER
                                                    kimi
                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Samsung’s new Galaxy fold is a bit of a gamechanger.
                                                      It’s normal-ish sized smart phone that folds into a 7.3” tablet. If Apple released that the internet would break.

SPOILER

Comment

Football ones are easy, haven't a clue about F1

SPOILER
                                                        Bellamy, 49 games, Iniestaaaaaaa

F1 is hard, no idea. Alonso??

Räikkönen.

I’ll come up with some other sport Qs in work today.

Have pretty much unlimited data available to me in work so will try
                                                        Last edited by TheJiggaman; 22-02-19, 07:02.

Comment

Mad how 20 years ago that show would have me driven mad with the horn.

May aswel be looking at elbows now.

I'm old.
                                                          GFYL
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                            Samsung’s new Galaxy fold is a bit of a gamechanger.
                                                            It’s normal-ish sized smart phone that folds into a 7.3” tablet. If Apple released that the internet would break.

SPOILER
                                                            It looks good until you fold it I think, will be great to see what the 2nd and 3rd iteration look like. Just hate the way the front screen looks.

I'm another who has never drank coffee, we had a baby girl in December and thought I would have to start drinking it to manage the sleepless nights but the smell of it just puts me off too much. Drink tea about twice a month on average I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                              It looks good until you fold it I think, will be great to see what the 2nd and 3rd iteration look like. Just hate the way the front screen looks.
                                                              It's never going to look as sexy as a regular smart phone from the same year. But I think that's a reasonable sacrifice in order to have a tablet hidden inside your phone. The aesthetics can take a knock for function imo.

Comment

Caffeine exercise is s huge plus.
                                                                Never heard off that before.
                                                                I normally avoid coffee for about four hours before running, I think the main reason I do so is because I'll be drinking 1 maybe 2 litres of water through those hours and I'm looking to avoid the added diuretic effect of the coffee.

Comment

It's never going to look as sexy as a regular smart phone from the same year. But I think that's a reasonable sacrifice in order to have a tablet hidden inside your phone. The aesthetics can take a knock for function imo.
                                                                  I'd imagine if dropped its gonna be a nightmare. Imagine the cost of fixing the screen, can't see a cover working. I love phones and want every new phone that comes out. But somehow this one is not appealing to me at all,also after having every single Samsung that was invented. I'm completely converted to Hauwai.
                                                                  Absolutely love my mate pro.
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Got back from Vegas yesterday and collected the dogs from the parents in Kerry today so that's officially the end of the holiday. I'd guess most people here have been at some stage by now but it's been a.dream holiday for me since I was 17 and it exceeded all expectations. Ticked a few things off the bucket list like shoot a gun, ride in a helicopter, visit the Grand Canyon. And did loads of cool stuff too. Wont even attempt a trip report because it would probably be 100 pages long.

One of the highlights, walking through the Aria on my last night and met this guy. Was sound and took a few pics. Totally different to what we used to see on TV.

SPOILER
                                                                    You went a week or two too early dobs.

Las Vegas is getting a rare taste of winter weather, with significant snowfall across the metro area for the first time in a decade. Forecasters say the snow...

Comment

Funny how you said quiz and not sports quiz but we all go straight to sports, including me.

Only two ROI players to score a premier league hatrick?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        I normally avoid coffee for about four hours before running, I think the main reason I do so is because I'll be drinking 1 maybe 2 litres of water through those hours and I'm looking to avoid the added diuretic effect of the coffee.
                                                                        Bulletproof coffee was all the rage there for a while, maybe not ideal for runners but caffeine seems to be good for normal workouts.

Comment

Hot milk from a machine doesn't mean fresh milk isn't being used. Those machines posted yesterday probably draw fresh milk.

And it's definitely not UHT in an Americano
                                                                          McDonalds don't have fresh milk on counters for your Americano here if you wanna to add milk. Sachets of UHT.

Comment

People (or at least younger people) seem far more concerned about climate change compared to even just a couple of years ago. There's people I know who actually get upset about it. It's something I can't get my head around. Here's this big issue that essentially you can't fix or affect in a meaningful well.

I don't mean this in a "I can't do anything so while bother", by all means recycle and be conscious of things, but it's the sitting at home and getting upset over it that I don't get. Save your concern for things that you can directly control imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                              Funny how you said quiz and not sports quiz but we all go straight to sports, including me.

Only two ROI players to score a premier league hatrick?
                                                                              Fairly sure there's 3 or 4?
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              Robbie keane
                                                                              John Walters
                                                                              Niall Quinn
                                                                              Leon Best
                                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                People (or at least younger people) seem far more concerned about climate change compared to even just a couple of years ago. There's people I know who actually get upset about it. It's something I can't get my head around. Here's this big issue that essentially you can't fix or affect in a meaningful well.

I don't mean this in a "I can't do anything so while bother", by all means recycle and be conscious of things, but it's the sitting at home and getting upset over it that I don't get. Save your concern for things that you can directly control imo.
                                                                                They can fix it, and if it isn't fixed there's a chance they will live their declining years in some sort of post apocalyptic scenario. It seems pretty self evident to me.

Comment

Well, when you have at the moment is blanket coverage of how your straw and your disposable coffee cup are wrecking the environment you monster, and a studious evasion of the fact that a few oil and gas companies account for the majority of the pollution worldwide it's sort of understandable that people think it's their fault.

Everyone has a part to play to some extent I suppose but basically the assets of Exxon and Gazprom and the likes should be seized to pay for the cleanup needed due to their reckless polluting and deliberate obfuscation of the facts around climate change.

I always enjoyed this line from that episode of South Park about BP:

Another crisis in the Gulf of Mexico as the oil company DP has once again made a huge error. This time, the oil company has accidentally ripped a hole into another dimension.

The oil company stated that it knew a portal to another dimension was there, but didn't think drilling into it would prove problematic.

Comment

The whole thing is one giant tragedy of the commons and extremely unlikely to be properly reversed. For all of the well meaning Europeans, there are still a couple of billion people that will happily ride the CO2 train out of poverty.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      They can fix it, and if it isn't fixed there's a chance they will live their declining years in some sort of post apocalyptic scenario. It seems pretty self evident to me.

It's the gap between being concerned and performing whatever sensible actions allow you to get on with your life without being anxious, fretting your life away stressing about shit that you can only do a little bit more about on a personal level.
                                                                                      When I was growing up it was the imminent threat of nuclear winter that hasn't gone away at all but we don't stress about it any more, at least with climate change you can feel like you are your personal bit to help.

The climate is going to change and it going to be very disruptive whether we get to hold it under 2C or it gets out of control and we all have to move.
                                                                                      The real problem is not climate change but access to the energy needed to sustain c.30 billion people on the planet no matter what temperature it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        The whole thing is one giant tragedy of the commons and extremely unlikely to be properly reversed. For all of the well meaning Europeans, there are still a couple of billion people that will happily ride the CO2 train out of poverty.
                                                                                        And we have absolutely no right to stop them. Its up to us to either alternative ways to get them out of poverty or we will be brought back to their level.

Its all about energy, you lads in the physics departments are letting us down badly with their tardiness

Comment

Comment

It's the gap between being concerned and performing whatever sensible actions allow you to get on with your life without being anxious, fretting your life away stressing about shit that you can only do a little bit more about on a personal level.
                                                                                            When I was growing up it was the imminent threat of nuclear winter that hasn't gone away at all but we don't stress about it any more, at least with climate change you can feel like you are your personal bit to help.

The climate is going to change and it going to be very disruptive whether we get to hold it under 2C or it gets out of control and we all have to move.
                                                                                            The real problem is not climate change but access to the energy needed to sustain c.30 billion people on the planet no matter what temperature it is.
                                                                                            Hans Rosling is spinning in his grave.

Comment

This.

I remember growing up there was fretting about how we were all going to get skin cancer due to the decline in the ozone layer, or how we were gonna hit peak oil (lol), or run out of drinking water. Before that it was the Cold War, Tetraethyllead, CFCs, acid rain etc, etc.

Comment

And we have absolutely no right to stop them. Its up to us to either alternative ways to get them out of poverty or we will be brought back to their level.

Its all about energy, you lads in the physics departments are letting us down badly with their tardiness
                                                                                                Don't worry. Fusion is only 10 years away.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  Don't worry. Fusion is only 10 years away.
                                                                                                  Decaff ?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    You went a week or two too early dobs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQxUtOA6FEk
                                                                                                    Saw a few tweets about that yesterday. It was snowing a little when we were there, nothing that stuck to the ground tho. Was a lol looking at people mesmerised by it with massive coats, hats and scarves when for us it was just a pretty normal day, Jean's and a hoody.

Comment

Hans Rosling is spinning in his grave.
                                                                                                      Another supercilious wanker. Factfulness is 10% accurate perceptions of the world and 90% being a smug prick about people not knowing them.

I have never orientated to climate change and environmentalism, but I fully recognise it as a failure of imagination.

Comment

Fairly random/might be considered boring

Q - Top 3 Total Medal Count in Olympic Diving (Countries in order of most to least) M/F

Q - Top Ranked Average Drive Distance on PGA Tour (2018 season)

Q - Top points scorer in the 2018 Six Nations (Player)

Comment

Fairly random/might be considered boring

Q - Top 3 Total Medal Count in Olympic Diving (Countries in order of most to least) M/F

Q - Top Ranked Average Drive Distance on PGA Tour (2018 season)

Q - Top points scorer in the 2018 Six Nations (Player)
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          China-USA-Russia (or canada)
                                                                                                          no idea: Speith?
                                                                                                          first guess would be Farrell, 2nd guess Sexton

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                            Another supercilious wanker. Factfulness is 10% accurate perceptions of the world and 90% being a smug prick about people not knowing them.
                                                                                                            I mean, yeah - the point of the book was that people are bad at assessing the state of the world.

Comment

Any whiskey wankers know if this is any good?

Also @Hotspur, please post more if you have the time. I always learn something and enjoy when you get engaged on a topic.

Comment

McDonalds don't have fresh milk on counters for your Americano here if you wanna to add milk. Sachets of UHT.
                                                                                                                I know the sachets your talking about. They don't have fresh milk sitting there with the ketchup But neither do other coffeeshops.
                                                                                                                I'm talking whats in the coffee they make behind the counter. As in if you order a white coffee, cappuccino, latte or whatever. I'd expect it to be made with fresh milk.
                                                                                                                Why order an Americano then adding milk anyway? Why just just order a white coffee.

Comment

Not sure how it renders to running specifically. But it's benefit in sports generally is widely accepted. Most sports teams would be taking supplemental caffeine I believe.

Some info here;
                                                                                                                  Caffeine: The latest and most important research. Expert analysis and supporting evidence for practical effects, potential risks, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    China-USA-Russia (or canada)
                                                                                                                    no idea: Speith?
                                                                                                                    first guess would be Farrell, 2nd guess Sexton
                                                                                                                    SPOILER

1 USA: "gold": 48,
                                                                                                                    "silver": 43,
                                                                                                                    "bronze": 44,
                                                                                                                    "total": 135

2 China "gold": 40,
                                                                                                                    "silver": 19,
                                                                                                                    "bronze": 10,
                                                                                                                    "total": 69

3 Sweden
                                                                                                                    "gold": 6,
                                                                                                                    "silver": 8,
                                                                                                                    "bronze": 7,
                                                                                                                    "total": 21

McIlroy "rank": 1,
                                                                                                                    "rankTiedWith": 0,
                                                                                                                    "stat": "319.80",
                                                                                                                    "numerator": "37736",
                                                                                                                    "denominator": "118",
                                                                                                                    "player": {
                                                                                                                    "playerId": 286684,
                                                                                                                    "firstName": "Rory",
                                                                                                                    "lastName": "McIlroy"

Maxime Machenaud 50 Points
                                                                                                                    Last edited by TheJiggaman; 22-02-19, 14:43.

Comment

Why order an Americano then adding milk anyway? Why just just order a white coffee.
                                                                                                                      Coz different people like different amounts of milk in their coffee. Also I don't buy the black coffee snobbery. Much of good food and drink is about combinations of flavours and coffee and milk/cream is a good combination as warm fat tastes good and milk brings the pH of the drink coffee back towards neutral making it taste less astringent.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Yeah we've a great track record of fixing slow moving disasters, add Y2K to the list, I just can't see a good reason for feeling anxious or sad about it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X