Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wotamadam 2.10 kempton
    Told to back ew
    9/1 at the moment

Comment

Tynamite 17.30
      KOYBIG 18.30

Small e/w singles, Small e/w double
      Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 04-01-19, 15:09.

Comment

Comment

Learned a lot about Laurina today. Flat was always the superior season but my god the gap in quality/entertainment has never been as wide as it currently is.
          Profit before people.

Comment

5.00 Fundalk

Kens Sam in the 1st tonite
            Advised to take early prices

Comment

easy winner alright, thanks for the tip

Comment

Hup you daisy!!

Thank you kindly Sir!

Comment

Nice wan. Cheers

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Nice one, I actually had a tip for another in that race but I didn't trust the guy to go back to back so I went with yours.
                    I heard tentative word for Beethovens Gal in 3rd but price isn't too attractive

Comment

Great shout thank you👌
                      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Dempsey’s horse in the last at punchardstown today
                        Ran a prep race in naas last week to get him fit for today
                        Bout 7/1 at the moment
                        Last edited by balfejohn; 13-01-19, 12:15. Reason: Wrong race course

Comment

Very unlucky second, Mark Enright gave the winner a great ride

Comment

Those races must be a nightmare to ride for jockies on a fancied one and you see something set off like the clappers early. Unlucky.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Instant smile 3.10 punch
                              Told it has good ew chance
                              22/1

Comment

These two look valuable to me
                                3:20 Newcastle - Mumgos Debut 9/4
                                5:45 Kempton - Dont Do It 7/2

Comment

Right. This yard is on it's last legs with me. But have had winners from them before including this pony. Here's the shout.

"Settle for bay worth a few quid in the last tomorrow at Meydan. Was apparently in great form before the last run but got a terrible draw and crawled so happy to forgive him for that run. Well drawn tomorrow so no excuses"

Comment

Think I'd prefer to back it in a group 3 if drawn well than top weight in a handicap. Got to imagine one of those low weighted Godolphin horses will have a lot more in hand than him tomorrow.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Our maniekenio in 4.25 Newcastle
                                      Got it earlier but caught in work so missed price
                                      Was 10s now 5s

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                        Right. This yard is on it's last legs with me. But have had winners from them before including this pony. Here's the shout.

"Settle for bay worth a few quid in the last tomorrow at Meydan. Was apparently in great form before the last run but got a terrible draw and crawled so happy to forgive him for that run. Well drawn tomorrow so no excuses"
                                        One of the co owner had said to me not to back him last time out as the horse didnt settle when he was shipped over and not to back him today either despite the horse been in good form and now settled in. He has said he may place today but will not be pushed out as there is a plan with him,The Situation hit the nail on the head there.

Comment

Thought the 12's on Bedouin's looked the bet of the race. Looks like he was campaigned for a tilt at a few big Meydan handicap pots.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Thought the 12's on Bedouin's looked the bet of the race. Looks like he was campaigned for a tilt at a few big Meydan handicap pots.
                                            Nicely called

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                              Nicely called
                                              Fairly ugly race for it all the same. Missed the break badly, was finishing by far the best when Tadgh sends it up the arse of one the leaders. I'd say it goes off short next week.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Mates horse king of brega runs 1.35 in thurles tomorrow
                                                Top weigh but in good form
                                                He thinks Like An Open Book might just prove a bit stronger at 3/1

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                  Mates horse king of brega runs 1.35 in thurles tomorrow
                                                  Top weigh but in good form
                                                  He thinks Like An Open Book might just prove a bit stronger at 3/1
                                                  Sorry about that missinformation
                                                  Horse drifted to 7/1 and won very well

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                    Sorry about that missinformation
                                                    Horse drifted to 7/1 and won very well
                                                    Happens, you've some record tipping winners in here, I can't see regular reader of the thread getting the needle.

Comment

Turn on the tears 10 mins in wolver

Comment

FundalkFriday

Mercury 8.30
                                                        Bout 8/1 at the moment
                                                        Due to run well

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          PP paying 5 places in the 3.35 Chelt. Mindblowingly good value.

Wholestone for me fwiw.
                                                          Just on this - there are 12 runners (no NR's) and they are paying 1/5th 5 places. Yet in the T&C's it says if less than 16 runners only 4 places are paid. Is this enforced or just a C&P of their normal T&Cs not applicable to this race?

Comment

Paddy Power get free advertising on racing UK saying they're going standout 8's on that Joseph thing for the Triumph. Visit their site a few seconds later and they've cut it to 11/2. Surely there should be some sort of legistlation to stop that sort of shithousary.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Lady Buttons jumping has been very impressive this year, think shes a nice ew bet for the champion chase at 50's which could well cut up due to Altior. Stable seems to be on a real upward trajectory this season with her being the star.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

that performance just makes Sir Erec the biggest certainty for the Triumph since Our Conor.
                                                                Geraghty will find a way to get it beat.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

He won't be riding it.
                                                                  Does he not ride all JP horses in the UK? Or just ones trained in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    Does he not ride all JP horses in the UK? Or just ones trained in the UK?
                                                                    Not all. Slevin rode Ivanovic Gorbatov for Joseph at Chelts a few years back. Derek O Connor rode for him in the gold cup on a JP one last year too.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Stormy Tale looks a bit of value ew in the first at Naas at 33's. Far from disgraced in two decent maiden hurdles at Leop and Punch, this probably a bit easier today on paper. Only finished a few lengths behind today's favourite last time out and while you feel the Mullins one is entitled to more improvement Mulvany does seem to target the odd maiden, unlike most smaller trainers who are just holding out for an exploitable handicap mark, so he'll probably be among the minority of triers in the field today which should mean he won't be too far away from the placings shake up.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

that performance just makes Sir Erec the biggest certainty for the Triumph since Our Conor.
                                                                        On the bare face of it the one yesterday achieved alot more, what have you heard....

Comment

How short does Magens Moon go off today 15:55?
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Any of you knowledgeable guys interesting in making some pocket money leading up to Cheltenham?

I've sort of neglected Cheltenham a bit over the past couple of years on one of our biggest sports sites, but we always see a big spike in traffic over the week. Gonna put a bit more effort into it this year and will be rewriting our main hub page, so i'm looking for Cheltenham related content from next week, right up to the event.

We'll be focusing on tips and news/blog articles. They can be ante-post tips, news about the festival/horses/trainers/jockeys, trial races, trends, greatest Cheltenham races, or any other relevant content that you can come up with that can improve traffic - obviously with an eye on a betting angle. Everything needs to be Cheltenham related.

I want a couple of pieces per week for Feb, and maybe ramp it up a bit for March. Our resident horse racing writer doesn't have a lot of capacity, so giving you guys a heads-up before I dip into my freelancer pool.

Will be looking for 500-800 words per article, and it needs to be error-free English, structured well, preferably SEO friendly, and obviously interesting to Google and users.

PM me if anyone is interested, and send me any writing samples you have done (if you have any) and i'll answer any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Any of you knowledgeable guys interesting in making some pocket money leading up to Cheltenham?

I've sort of neglected Cheltenham a bit over the past couple of years on one of our biggest sports sites, but we always see a big spike in traffic over the week. Gonna put a bit more effort into it this year and will be rewriting our main hub page, so i'm looking for Cheltenham related content from next week, right up to the event.
                                                                              Would just add that Flushdraw has let me loose with a few articles in darts, snooker and random stuff over the last 2 months, and it's been very enjoyable.
                                                                              Would recommend anyone who knows their horses to have a shot at it.
                                                                              Guys a stickler for grammer and speling though, but you get into the swing of it after a couple of articles.

Comment

We'll be focusing on tips and news/blog articles. They can be ante-post tips, news about the festival/horses/trainers/jockeys, trial races, trends, greatest Cheltenham races, or any other relevant content that you can come up with that can improve traffic - obviously with an eye on a betting angle. Everything needs to be Cheltenham related.

I want a couple of pieces per week for Feb, and maybe ramp it up a bit for March. Our resident horse racing writer doesn't have a lot of capacity, so giving you guys a heads-up before I dip into my freelancer pool.

Will be looking for 500-800 words per article, and it needs to be error-free English, structured well, preferably SEO friendly, and obviously interesting to Google and users.

PM me if anyone is interested, and send me any writing samples you have done (if you have any) and i'll answer any questions.
                                                                                Mods; please delete.

No competition with the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.

Comment

Is it actually worthwhile money?

Friend of mine in work does a lot of writing for PP and legit sites too. Will pass it onto him if so

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Guys a stickler for grammer and speling though, but you get into the swing of it after a couple of articles.
                                                                                    A definite case of do what i say, not as i do

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Mods; please delete.

No competition with the IPB Cheltenham Tipping Comp.
                                                                                    Not at all. The right guy could link his article here too. It all helps

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                    Is it actually worthwhile money?

Friend of mine in work does a lot of writing for PP and legit sites too. Will pass it onto him if so
                                                                                    Depends what you call worthwhile tbh. If someone enjoys doing research and writing and gets €30-€40 for a piece that takes an hour or 2, it's not a bad way to spend some time over a coffee. Others can't be arsed, but i'm good either way because i'll have no issues picking someone up from my current pool of writers.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Bit of word for Cuban Spirit 645 Wolverhampton
                                                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

I can't stress how strongly I feel about Edwulf for the Grand National. A fine school around at the weekend and he comes in off 153. You'll do much worse than have a little nibble at 50's

If you have any Power Up bonuses with PP, they are currently enhancing the 50/1 to 55/1

Would only allow me a max bet of 37 quid but it allowed me to then put on a 2nd bet also with power up to 55/1 for another 25 quid.

Only had two power up's so not sure if you could go again?

Comment

Tomorrow looking tasty.
                                                                                            Really really tempted to go against Min
                                                                                            Special Tiara and Simply Ned will be fighting it out imo
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Aiming for the toffs to keep it classy!. God forbid they would have to endure the dart to Sandyford!.

There will be a complimentary shuttle bus running from Blackrock DART station and Sandyford LUAS stop.

Blackrock DART Shuttle Times

Blackrock DART to Leopardstown: 11am, 11.45am, 12.30pm

Leopardstown to Blackrock DART: 3.30px, 5pm, 5.45pm, 6.30pm

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                Tomorrow looking tasty.
                                                                                                Can't see him being beat. Taking on Apple's jade though. Thought Melons run over Xmas looked like a prep and think he will come on for the run. If things are going bad hopefully Ruby & Ted will oblige in the last.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  Aiming for the toffs to keep it classy!. God forbid they would have to endure the dart to Sandyford!.

There will be a complimentary shuttle bus running from Blackrock DART station and Sandyford LUAS stop.

Blackrock DART Shuttle Times

Blackrock DART to Leopardstown: 11am, 11.45am, 12.30pm

Leopardstown to Blackrock DART: 3.30px, 5pm, 5.45pm, 6.30pm
                                                                                                  They do that for pretty much all meetings afaik. Were doing it for the Thursday night summer ones anyway

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    Tomorrow looking tasty.
                                                                                                    If Special Tiara and Simply Ned are fighting out the finish in this race I’ll eat my shoes. Absolutely no chance at all that both of those are in the first two

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                      They do that for pretty much all meetings afaik. Were doing it for the Thursday night summer ones anyway
                                                                                                      Really. They do a complimentary shuttle bus from Sandyford all the time when racing but I've never seen one advertised from Blackrock. It just seems strange because Blackrock is a stop on the Dart line anyway and its not even all that further to Sandyford dart stop where another shuttle bus will be!.
                                                                                                      Last edited by rounders123; 01-02-19, 21:57. Reason: Luas changes to Dart. Same thing anyways

Comment

Farclas going left handed for the first time since his chelt win might be more to his liking tomorrow, has looked awkward going the other way in recent runs, don't mind chancing him at 50's in an Irish Champion hurdle with plenty of question marks over the short priced ones.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                          Really. They do a complimentary shuttle bus from Sandyford all the time when racing but I've never seen one advertised from Blackrock. It just seems strange because Blackrock is a stop on the Dart line anyway and its not even all that further to Sandyford dart stop where another shuttle bus will be!.
                                                                                                          Think you are getting Sandyford (Luas) and Sandymount (Dart) confused?
                                                                                                          They are about 10K apart.
                                                                                                          There's no shuttle to Leopardstown from a Dart station other than Blackrock.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            Think you are getting Sandyford (Luas) and Sandymount (Dart) confused?
                                                                                                            They are about 10K apart.
                                                                                                            There's no shuttle to Leopardstown from a Dart station other than Blackrock.
                                                                                                            lol ah shit yeah!. Dont know what I was thinking and I havent even been drinking!. I dont travel on them often so I got a bit mixed up.

Right yis deserve a tip for that!
                                                                                                            Tudor City in the 2.20 Leop. Most paying an extra place (5th) in this. Or else just go fixed price place only 4 or 5 places.

Comment

Farclas going left handed for the first time since his chelt win might be more to his liking tomorrow, has looked awkward going the other way in recent runs, don't mind chancing him at 50's in an Irish Champion hurdle with plenty of question marks over the short priced ones.
                                                                                                              Question marks over the short priced ones? I don’t get that in the slightest, it looks a cracking race.
                                                                                                              The Fav is an 8 times Grade One winner, unbeaten this season.
                                                                                                              The second fav is last years winner who has been in the first 2 on all of his previous 7 starts, all in Grade Ones.
                                                                                                              The third fav did underperform last time out but still ran to a higher mark than the Triumph Hurdle winner last year.

Comment

Three wise mens ew in the last
                                                                                                                25/1

Non runner. Sorry about that
                                                                                                                Last edited by balfejohn; 02-02-19, 11:25.

Comment

Spare ticket going for today if anyone is interested

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                    Question marks over the short priced ones? I don’t get that in the slightest, it looks a cracking race.
                                                                                                                    The Fav is an 8 times Grade One winner, unbeaten this season.
                                                                                                                    The second fav is last years winner who has been in the first 2 on all of his previous 7 starts, all in Grade Ones.
                                                                                                                    The third fav did underperform last time out but still ran to a higher mark than the Triumph Hurdle winner last year.
                                                                                                                    Melon and Supasundae were both a good bit below par in the Ryanair hurdle. Had either ran close to their top rating they'd have won it easy imo. Instead they were split by Tombstone which is an indication of the level of the runs that day. Supasundae may well be slowing a little with age. Still question marks over the Mullins stable this year, whether they've seen the back of the bug or whatever was plaguing the yard is yet to be fully proven.
                                                                                                                    Jade's question marks are obvious, rightful fav but hasnt won a grade 1 at this distance since novice days.

You get grade 1's where there's rock solid form at the top of the book, but this isn't one where I'd be shocked by an upset.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 02-02-19, 11:43.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Melon and Supasundae were both a good bit below par in the Ryanair hurdle. Had either ran close to their top rating they'd have won it easy imo. Instead they were split by Tombstone which is an indication of the level of the runs that day. Supasundae may well be slowing a little with age. Still question marks over the Mullins stable this year, whether they've seen the back of the bug or whatever was plaguing the yard is yet to be fully proven.
                                                                                                                      Jade's question marks are obvious, rightful fav but hasnt won a grade 1 at this distance since novice days.

You get grade 1's where there's rock solid form at the top of the book, but this isn't one where I'd be shocked by an upset.
                                                                                                                      I must say I pretty much disagree with all of that. Apples Jade is a win machine & has been flawless this season. She jumps slightly right handed but should get an uncontested lead & be hard to peg back. Supasundae looks a really solid & genuine sort who is as good as certain to run to 155 plus especially given a strong pace. I thought Melon ran a good race @ Christmas & a small improvement is likely (RPR’s had him running to 152 I think last time). It looks a good renewal to me, they aren’t superstars but they are the best out there & for me they all have strong recent form.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                        I must say I pretty much disagree with all of that. Apples Jade is a win machine & has been flawless this season. She jumps slightly right handed but should get an uncontested lead & be hard to peg back. Supasundae looks a really solid & genuine sort who is as good as certain to run to 155 plus especially given a strong pace. I thought Melon ran a good race @ Christmas & a small improvement is likely (RPR’s had him running to 152 I think last time). It looks a good renewal to me, they aren’t superstars but they are the best out there & for me they all have strong recent form.
                                                                                                                        I was listening to Game On the other night and the lady they had on (can't recall her name) thought Apple's Jade was impressive and would take all the beating, though they did agree that her and Melon were fairly priced.
                                                                                                                        There wasn't much love for Supasundae though and felt it was between the Top 2.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                          I was listening to Game On the other night and the lady they had on (can't recall her name) thought Apple's Jade was impressive and would take all the beating, though they did agree that her and Melon were fairly priced.
                                                                                                                          There wasn't much love for Supasundae though and felt it was between the Top 2.
                                                                                                                          Sharp insight deducting it down to 75% of the book
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X