Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
    That garage will do well.

I've never seem something like it built from scratch and completed so quickly i don't think.
    You're right, they lashed it up. The one on Greenhills road will suffer. Lovely Indian in that one though.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

IPB loading funny for anyone else? All my other webpages are normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
        You're right, they lashed it up. The one on Greenhills road will suffer. Lovely Indian in that one though.
        That garage was always a kip anyway.
        Funny you say that. I ordered Tadka house last weekend. You're right. Very nice.

I heard an Indian opened in Orlagh in Knocklyon. Chutni. The people that run Pickle in town are behind it and the reviews i'm hearing are very good. Almost annoyingly good.

Comment

Anyone get a decent terranium alternative yet? Don't say TeaTv its brutal, are we back to kodi?
          airport, lol

Comment

That garage was always a kip anyway.
            Funny you say that. I ordered Tadka house last weekend. You're right. Very nice.

I heard an Indian opened in Orlagh in Knocklyon. Chutni. The people that run Pickle in town are behind it and the reviews i'm hearing are very good. Almost annoyingly good.
            Theres an indian there already - Spice Hut. Surprised another would open next door?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Theres an indian there already - Spice Hut. Surprised another would open next door?
              Spice Hut is in the wind.

Comment

Just pulled in for a coffee in a brand new Applegreen, one of those big ones with a Burger king etc.

Noticed something straight away. Every single member of staff I saw was Irish. Not one foreign born person.

There probably are and are just not working this shift but it seemed unusual.
                Did you chat to them all?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Anyone get a decent terranium alternative yet? Don't say TeaTv its brutal, are we back to kodi?
                  Morpheus , Megabox HD, showbox, cartoon hd
                  Apollo should be the next big one by all accounts
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Did you chat to them all?
                    They were definitely all Irish Dom. I anally made a point of figuring it out.

Comment

Spice Hut is in the wind.
                      Ah right. Haven't used them in a while. Might try the new place sometime so.

Comment

I kinda had a different feeling about it tbh.

Probably totally mistaken, but would not buy from it again if it was a hiring policy.
                        I find it more strange that you'd jump to that fairly mad conclusion when there's plenty of non Irish staff working for applegreen all over the country

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          I find it more strange that you'd jump to that fairly mad conclusion when there's plenty of non Irish staff working for applegreen all over the country
                          Typical left virtue signalling imo
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            Typical left virtue signalling imo
                            I don't understand what that means but ok

Comment

As in Apollo isn't out yet but I should keep an eye? I'll have a look at the others cheers
                              airport, lol

Comment

Well I haven't jumped to a conclusion, as I said it's likely foreign staff weren't visible when I was there.

Local manager would do the hiring anyway, definitely possible.

Comment

I don't understand what that means but ok
                                  I was slagging laz and his finding oppression hiding in the ballymount applegreen

Comment

The Applegreen past Rathcoole has extra bonus Joe Foreigners in it. Plenty of fine burds. She's a model and she works in Spar -types.

Comment

Irish = faces like arses?

Fair criteria imo

Comment

I didn't even realise you were making that point with your first post! Thought you were just impressed that Irish people were taking those kinds of jobs...

Comment

Served by two poles in Ballymount the other day
                                          Had green t shirts on if that helps them with the Irishness

Comment

Well I haven't jumped to a conclusion, as I said it's likely foreign staff weren't visible when I was there.

Local manager would do the hiring anyway, definitely possible.
                                            I find the fact that you are presuming that only a white irish person could rise to the rank of manager in an applegreen quite outgageous.

Comment

The local councillors who let Peter Casey in particular become a candidate for the presidency should be literally killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                The local councillors who let Peter Casey in particular become a candidate for the presidency should be literally killed.
                                                Interesting tactic he's employed

Comment

Pretty funny/bizarre that only SF could muster a candidate to put up.

Should probably just role the presidency into the head of the ida and be done with it.

Comment

Duolingo slightly dialling it in:

Write this in Irish
                                                    The lion eats the sandwich.

Comment

Did you ask about people working in the back, on break too?

Comment

Duolingo slightly dialling it in:

Write this in Irish
                                                        The lion eats the sandwich.
                                                        Yeah duolingo has a funny way of getting you to memorise words. Trying (failing) to learn Portuguese butI can always remember how to say "flies like chocolate" or "insects drink water".

Comment

I find Morpheus excellent.

Comment

There's a hostage situation in st marks in Neilstown

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                              As in Apollo isn't out yet but I should keep an eye? I'll have a look at the others cheers
                                                              Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                              I find Morpheus excellent.
                                                              most of the newer ones are pretty much forks of terrenium
                                                              Apollo should be way diffferent as it's built from scratch and instead of being a site and client scraper its a server side one which theoretically should increase performance and latency.
                                                              Also a nice secure feature where you can use your own server (or machine) for processing instead of the main one if you want to keep yourself out of the swarm

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                Did you ask about people working in the back, on break too?
                                                                Yeah but they couldn't understand what I was saying.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                  Yeah duolingo has a funny way of getting you to memorise words. Trying (failing) to learn Portuguese butI can always remember how to say "flies like chocolate" or "insects drink water".
                                                                  Memrise is much better, it seems like the phrases are chosen by humans rather than a crap ai. I use both. Also memrise has better pronunciations and explanations. Mi español sigue siendo mierda.

Comment

Why do you disagree with what he has said?
                                                                    Talk to any normal person travellers do not pay there fair share of taxes.
                                                                    Refusing houses because there is no stables seriously fuck off culture my hole.
                                                                    And he is dead right about them constantly rocking up landing on private land leaving it in a state or trying to intimidate a pay off from the landowner.
                                                                    Its just bollix that every other candidate thinks there a great bunch of lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                      And he is dead right about them constantly rocking up landing on private land leaving it in a state or trying to intimidate a pay off from the landowner.
                                                                      I wonder how KevIrl feels about it.

Its very easy to offend people these days but I think he's scored some fans

Comment

The EU going after Google owner Alphabet Corporation just got interesting.

Alphabet licence their open source Android operating system for free to Phone manufacturers on condition that the device is delivered to customers with Google software pre-installed.

This means apps such as Chrome search, G-Mail, Google Maps, YouTube etc.

The EU believed this arrangement was anti competitive as it allowed these services to get a head start against providers of competing software apps and fined Alphabet $5 billion.

Alphabets response was to say OK we'll pay the fine but now we're going to charge EU customers a licence fee to use our apps but the rest of the world still gets them for free.

Net result is Android Phones in EU will be more expensive than elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                          I wonder how KevIrl feels about it.

Its very easy to offend people these days but I think he's scored some fans
                                                                          He said nothing incorrect in those remarks to be honest, although whether it'll take him from 1% to 0.5% or 2% is the big question.

Comment

Pat Kenny spoke to the fella that interviewed Peter Casey on Newstalk today. He said almost all the txts coming in after it were people agreeing with him and he was struggling to find one to make a point to disagree.

It wouldn't sway me to vote for him but it's refreshing to see someone call the cunts out for the cunts they are. A scourge on society

Comment

Apparently, some of the tests ongoing at the moment are already without safety drivers.

Only on "CBS This Morning," we are taking you inside the self-driving car program operated by Waymo, a sister company of Google. It's the first time Waymo ha...

Opr

Comment

Ah come on FFS, the disconnect between society at large and travellers is our failure to allow them find an acceptable place in the modern world.
                                                                                The tone and language used is the same oul shite you'd hear in aparthied South Africa.

Peter fucking Casey and casual racism, would yiz ever cop the fuck on.
                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Fair play to them though, Its a nicely organised setup for the tag team of self entitled twats to try to land a few punches on Miggeldy that will play to the prejudices and ignorance of the terminally stupid while Gallagher won't even have to blow his dog whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    Ah come on FFS, the disconnect between society at large and travellers is our failure to allow them find an acceptable place in the modern world.
                                                                                    The tone and language used is the same oul shite you'd hear in aparthied South Africa.

What?
                                                                                    Acceptable place let them do what they want disguised as culture cruelty to animals
                                                                                    wont educate there kids live off the state.
                                                                                    Marrying your relations is probably not the best thing either.
                                                                                    Dont remember the last time the police gunned down travellers protesting like in aparthied south africa.
                                                                                    They are well capable of doing that themselves with feuds where whole towns have to shut up shop when a funeral is on.
                                                                                    An absolute scurge.

Comment

I wasn't really even thinking of this traveller stuff when I made that post. Honestly the traveller nonsense is so obviously a grenade thrown to try and trick stupid people into thinking this bizarre character is one of their own it's hardly worth engaging with.

Comment

Like I can't actually remember the last time I even saw a traveller but for some reason travellers are now a key element of the presidential referendum... wat? What sort of fool do you have to be to think this is relevant to the Irish presidency?

That Casey prick should be fired into the sun.

Comment

I wasn't really even thinking of this traveller stuff when I made that post. Honestly the traveller nonsense is so obviously a grenade thrown to try and trick stupid people into thinking this bizarre character is one of their own it's hardly worth engaging with.
                                                                                          It really is take directly from another buffoons playbook.
                                                                                          All that was missing was the....and I'm sure some are fine people. I think he already did the won't take payment line....

Hopefully he's treated with the distain he deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Lol. Comparing it to apartheid Africa is a massive stretch. There's been more done in recent years to accommodate and improve travellers status than any other "ethnic minority".

Comment

Like I can't actually remember the last time I even saw a traveller but for some reason travellers are now a key element of the presidential referendum... wat? What sort of fool do you have to be to think this is relevant to the Irish presidency?

That Casey prick should be fired into the sun.
                                                                                              I don't think anyone thinks it's relevant to the presidency, it won't change the fact that Michael D will walk the election. Just nice to see someone call travellers out instead of pandering to them.

Comment

On the topic.

The presidential debate is starting now on virgin. All 6 candidates turned up this time.

Comment

I. Have been instructed. To talk. Like this.
                                                                                                  Fuck off you tool

Comment

On the topic.

The presidential debate is starting now on virgin. All 6 candidates turned up this time.
                                                                                                    How the fuck do we have 3 dragons den heads as presidential candidates....

Comment

...
                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

How the fuck do we have 3 dragons den heads as presidential candidates....
                                                                                                        Saw a tweet recently that said running for president is the new mid life crisis which would seem almost right. Think Joan Freeman is so far out of her depth it's laughable.

Comment

Let's all take time to remember that no matter what happens Sean Gallagher will continue the work he has done for the Irish people over these last seven years...
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

And 'I could be flippant and say they've had 7 years to prepare'
                                                                                                            Gwan miggled

Comment

And 'I could be flippant and say they've had 7 years to prepare'
                                                                                                              Gwan miggled
                                                                                                              Loved that.

Peter Casey is a proper gobshite. Literally looks like he decided to run just for a laugh. He keeps sniggering at shit like a schoolboy.

Miggledy running rings round the plebs

Comment

Has there ever been such a massive lock on the double in Irish polling day history (treble if going for the unders on turnout)?

Just checked PP, 1/33 Mickey D, and not even a market on the referendum.
                                                                                                                Last edited by darwinatemyhamster; 17-10-18, 21:43.

Comment

WTF Kenny? Brexit may bring back the IRA? That is an extremely inflammatory statement.

Comment

Ni Riada also caught Pat Kenny by the balls there with that question about Nelson Mandela.
                                                                                                                    You never let yourself be under the spotlight as a moderator

Comment

Ni Riada also caught Pat Kenny by the balls there with that question about Nelson Mandela.
                                                                                                                      You never let yourself be under the spotlight as a moderator
                                                                                                                      This is the Pat Kenny debate. If he wasn't in the spotlight he'd be fucking disgusted. This whole shitshow is about him. Ni Riada made a false equivalence when she brought up Mandela and Pat didn't like being challenged. Thou Shalt Not Challenge the Pat.
                                                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The actual role of the president is completely lost here.

Comment

WTF Kenny? Brexit may bring back the IRA? That is an extremely inflammatory statement.
                                                                                                                          yeah as long as no one ever speaks that simple truth it could never happen

If you have a border there will be a border campaign and as sure as eggs is eggs cynical populists like her will continue to play both sides of the fence.

Good thing Miggledy ran or I could be forced with a choice between abstaining or voting for her

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X