Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Are we sure that actually went out live ?
    Yeah it did, while Seamas who tweeted that loves an ol prank, TG4 have since apologised

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      I had my doubts when I saw it but I dunno really.
      I think they haven't used that ident in ages, someone probably just remembered it and pasted it on in front of the news report.

Its odd but if it was a local rather than a tourist we would probably be a bit more squeamish about having a good lol at it so soon. Must have been a horrific way to go, if she was lucky her neck broke on the first spin and it wasn't slow.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        I think they haven't used that ident in ages, someone probably just remembered it and pasted it on in front of the news report.

Its odd but if it was a local rather than a tourist we would probably be a bit more squeamish about having a good lol at it so soon. Must have been a horrific way to go, if she was lucky her neck broke on the first spin and it wasn't slow.
        I had no idea who died, thought it was bizarre rather than funny.

Comment

Kinda lost it at a stress management class in the hospital today, and more or less told them where to shove their relaxation cd. Probably lucky they didn't have the men in white coats on standby.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I laughed at the TG4 thing at the sheer disbelief that the intro coincidentally existed. Definitely done on purpose.

The whole non national was a player in whether it was shown or not imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Oh that was very very funny.
              And though the news was rather sad
              Well, I just had to laugh…

Comment

I know Shrap likes his mustard, ever make your own ?

Bon Appétit Test Kitchen Manager Brad Leone is back for episode 39 of “It’s Alive” and this time he’s making mustard. Rumor has it this might be his best cre...
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                  I know Shrap likes his mustard, ever make your own ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ktONdU_wXU
                  Nope. Too lazy,and would probably never make anything as good as what I buy

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Tied up Fri/Sat so just posting this now for the weekend...

I feel dirty to the core actively wanting Liverpool to score 4 goals in a game

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                      Nope. Too lazy,and would probably never make anything as good as what I buy
                      What was that brand/type of yours again?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                        And where can it be got again. I can picture it as your avatar a few years back
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                          Lol, moutarde des pompiers. I buy it in bulk now on amazon and usually give a couple of pots as presents.

Not sure if they still stock it but wilde and green in Milltown or donnybrook fair had it.

Here's a link to what it looks like

Comment

All this mustard talk would make you reminisce back to the days of trolling the mustard forum on boards.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Really enjoying Mick McCarthy on Co commentary. He actually analyses the game as it's going on, talking about played positioning etc. Makes a change from the usual Irish shite of just complaining

Comment

Gin, whiskey and mustard wankers, we're well and truely back [emoji16]

Comment

This virgin media coverage is unreal. Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. Football from 6pm to 11pm. The absolute joy of seeing celtic come on the telly and be able to switch over to another match.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                    I feel dirty to the core actively wanting Liverpool to score 4 goals in a game
                                    I want city to go a goal up in the first minute and then lose 2-1.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      I want city to go a goal up in the first minute and then lose 2-1.
                                      Yeah, I was thinking something similar but as far fetched as Liverpool scoring 4 is, expecting Southampton to score 5 in reply is just total nonsense altogether.

Comment

Actually, the more I think about it (I need to get out more) Chelsea must be favourites.

While 4 goals for Liverpool is not impossible, it's probably unlikely.

City will be smarting from their defeat in the CL and will want to bounce right back and stick a few past Cardiff.

Chelsea, having travelled back from Greece would be quite happy to nick a one nil win away in a London derby.

Comment

Gin, whiskey and mustard wankers, we're well and truely back [emoji16]
                                          Mustard-infused gin and whiskey martini sir?

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking something similar but as far fetched as Liverpool scoring 4 is, expecting Southampton to score 5 in reply is just total nonsense altogether.
                                            ...???...No chance of Liverpool scoring 4, but I fully expect the super saints to score exactly 9...Le Tissier to bag 4...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              This virgin media coverage is unreal. Tuesday Wednesday Thursday. Football from 6pm to 11pm. The absolute joy of seeing celtic come on the telly and be able to switch over to another match.
                                              Us saorview cunts got screwed
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Mustard-infused gin and whiskey martini sir?
                                                I'll take 6 dozen!

Comment

I'll take 6 dozen!
                                                  I'd say Teresa May could do with a pitcher of them.

Jesus, the EU gave her an absolute bitch-slapping today.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                    Us saorview cunts got screwed
                                                    Not on sky either.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                          What kicked you the wrong way? Their attitude or ... ?
                                                          Ah, so many things. For starters a one hour class where you spend 30 minutes of it listening to a cd that you are going to take home with you just pisses me off. The whole meditation/deep breaths palaver reminds me too much of religion class in school. About 15 minutes into it and I wanted to punch a wall, after the 30 minutes I'd could have punched a horse.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Every second word is whiskey

Comment

Watched a bit of the mcgregor press conference. His jimmies are rustled. Khabib gonna throw him round like a rag doll

Comment

...Turned it on to watch, I turned it off soon after he took his drink, he's an absolutely scumbag...Sounds like a twat acts like a twat dresses like a twat...I without doubt hate him more than any other sporting athlete on the planet...

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                  Ah, so many things. For starters a one hour class where you spend 30 minutes of it listening to a cd that you are going to take home with you just pisses me off. The whole meditation/deep breaths palaver reminds me too much of religion class in school. About 15 minutes into it and I wanted to punch a wall, after the 30 minutes I'd could have punched a horse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5VT-ofxdh4
                                                                  Going to an anniversary screening of TBL in the lighthouse on Saturday with rigger. Classic

Comment

Free money. Wp

Comment

Did they pay out. That was 100% free money.
                                                                      I didn't place due to the scummy hidden betslip but 500 down to wreck shit on twitter would be in my wheelhouse with no kids
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                        ...Turned it on to watch, I turned it off soon after he took his drink, he's an absolutely scumbag...Sounds like a twat acts like a twat dresses like a twat...I without doubt hate him more than any other sporting athlete on the planet...
                                                                        You'll still tune into the fight though.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                          I hate the cunt too and I'll also tune in to see him get wrecked.

Comment

Co-op interviews started today for the young fellow, first up was Analog, i worked there many moons ago, was hoping they wouldn't hold that against him...

He got a mail earlier telling him he got it, delighted for him, only 10 mins from where we live and they look after their co-ops, unlike one or two places i can think of...
                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I hate the cunt too and I'll also tune in to see him get wrecked.
                                                                              He's a clown when the chance arises but an absolute genius when it comes to the fight game and business.

He shouldn't be taken so seriously, none of us are heavily invested in him, just laugh enjoy and take him for what he is. A typical cocky dub twat whose really fucking good at a couple of things and grabbed the chance he got. The man should be supported whether you think he's a gimp or not. He's one of the greatest sportsmen this country has seen and ain't bad at the business side either. Dislike him but hope he wins. Why would you want a fellow Irishman to be smashed by someone?

Comment

Before Edgar Wright and Wes Anderson, before Chuck Jones and Jackie Chan, there was Buster Keaton, one of the founding fathers of visual comedy. And nearly 1...

Comment

He's a clown when the chance arises but an absolute genius when it comes to the fight game and business.

He shouldn't be taken so seriously, none of us are heavily invested in him, just laugh enjoy and take him for what he is. A typical cocky dub twat whose really fucking good at a couple of things and grabbed the chance he got. The man should be supported whether you think he's a gimp or not. He's one of the greatest sportsmen this country has seen and ain't bad at the business side either. Dislike him but hope he wins. Why would you want a fellow Irishman to be smashed by someone?
                                                                                  Ah just cos he's Irish doesn't mean we're compelled to support him. There's literally nothing to like about him.

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I don't know what a co-op interview is.

Comment

Weird word that culchies use for internship during college.

Comment

Have two tickets to a street art tour for culture night, from 5-6:30 tonight, if anybody wants them as I can't go.

Comment

An internship is more of a summer work experience independently pursued from a college or university by a student. A co-op is generally a year long work placement done in conjunction with the college or university where the student is a full time member of staff but also having to report into a college supervisor and fill in various learning modules and essays as they go. A
                                                                                            Co-operative work placement if you will.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'm pretty surprised how many of my class has struggled to find a full time "job" and gone down the internship route.
                                                                                              I was under the impression that almost everyone coming out would find it no issue whatsoever getting a job. A few have gone down the paid PhD route too with no one to my knowledge having secured a stipend

Comment

Ah just cos he's Irish doesn't mean we're compelled to support him. There's literally nothing to like about him.
                                                                                                A horrible cunt is no more palatable just because he is Irish. It's the opposite in fact. I hope he gets beaten badly and fucks off from the public eye forever. And no, I won't be watching.

Comment

...The only time I've watched him live was the Mayweather fight, because I had a huge bet on mayweather to win by ko, definitely won't be tuning in to watch it...

Comment

Considering the ott hatred for Bono it's clear being Irish is not a free ride to being blindly liked by your own kind. I'm surprised McGregor hasn't been shot by some raving culchie outraged by his brash persona. Not fond of him myself but he doesn't stir any hatred. Hope he wins .

Comment

Anyone ever shop off DHgate?

What's the turn around time usually?

Straight on to order my Mayfield jersey after he was unleashed last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                        Anyone ever shop off DHgate?

What's the turn around time usually?

Straight on to order my Mayfield jersey after he was unleashed last night.
                                                                                                        The Cleveland Browns - only NFL team to win a game in the last 48 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          The Cleveland Browns - only NFL team to win a game in the last 48 hours.
                                                                                                          My men.

Roasted Lloyd's Jets last night as The #1 pick Mayfield came in and outplayed the #3 pick Darnold.

1st win in 2 years! Things looking up.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                            I'm pretty surprised how many of my class has struggled to find a full time "job" and gone down the internship route.
                                                                                                            I was under the impression that almost everyone coming out would find it no issue whatsoever getting a job. A few have gone down the paid PhD route too with no one to my knowledge having secured a stipend
                                                                                                            What area? We have awful trouble getting (good) PhD candidates... and we are paying them!
                                                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                              What area? We have awful trouble getting (good) PhD candidates... and we are paying them!
                                                                                                              MSc was Financial Risk, plenty of crossover with Finance with a few core Risk subjects making it a bit more quantitative.

Comment

My men.

Roasted Lloyd's Jets last night as The #1 pick Mayfield came in and outplayed the #3 pick Darnold.

did you watch hard knocks this season? was on the Browns. Definitely have me rooting for them this year!!!

Comment

My men.

Should have def won 2 of 3 games so far if not all the games. Old Huey holding them back

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                    did you watch hard knocks this season? was on the Browns. Definitely have me rooting for them this year!!!
                                                                                                                    Yeah i watched it. Just confirmed what anyone following football knew. The HC is a spoofer and a sitting duck. He was only left in to make the job more attractable to the next head coach. As in, 'You will be given time'.

Mayfield no sure thing but looked good. The other first rounder they picked up (CB Denzel Ward) is playing at a very high level and looks good. As is Hyde who was picked up in FA and a 5th rounder Genard Avery is starting and looking great. Last year's #1 pick Garrett playing at an All Pro level.

Comment

really can't see why a voice controlled microwave would be useful

Comment

Interesting looking new NetFlix show released today.

MANIAC tells the stories of Annie Landsberg (Emma Stone) and Owen Milgrim (Jonah Hill), two strangers drawn to the late stages of a mysterious pharmaceutical...

Opr

Comment

I'm hyped

The weird american irish accent is gone.
                                                                                                                          He highlighted the influence of Ramzam Karirov and how politics was coming more into
                                                                                                                          MMA. His opponent called on Putin to release Ramzam after his last fight.
                                                                                                                          He took a guy to task about ducking out on child support
                                                                                                                          He has his own fucking whiskey, clothing line, health program, promotions company,
                                                                                                                          news websites.
                                                                                                                          and not forgetting
                                                                                                                          Smell of shite off your da is now an internationally known insult

whats not to like?
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X