Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
    Schalke ain't exactly pulling up any trees themselves
    Hence the 7 to 5 at home.

Comment

So... New experiences and all that...

For the first time in my life I've arrived at the airport 2 hours early as advised...

Wtf do I do for 90 minutes?

Wtf do childless people show up early for flights?
      Watch the hawt wimmin shuffle by.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
        Watch the hawt wimmin shuffle by.
        Oooh, figured that out just after typing the post and a 9.9 in full slap and tickle tippie toe'd past in heals

Couple of hours sitting by river at tower bridge yesterday may have ruined the west of Ireland for next few weeks

Comment

So... New experiences and all that...

For the first time in my life I've arrived at the airport 2 hours early as advised...

Wtf do I do for 90 minutes?

Wtf do childless people show up early for flights?
          airport pints
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Ploughing on de telly

Marty is in his element
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Jeez, every CL match on live free tonight on the new Virgin Sports channels...long may it continue.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                Jeez, every CL match on live free tonight on the new Virgin Sports channels...long may it continue.
                Just said the same to the missus who works for tv3/virgin. I wasn't happy when they got the rights so had to take it back since they're showing every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  runs again tonight.

No idea what to expect.
                  3rd @16s...coming into the 'due' category.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

They're showing the Inter v Spurs game on with Virgin Media 1 and Virgin Media Sport.

RTE2 and Virgin Media Sport both showing the Liverpool game at 8

Surely they'd show two different of the early games on virgin and show a different game than RTE?

Comment

Tottenham Lolspur. Dominate for 85 minutes and cave in the space of 3 minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        They're showing the Inter v Spurs game on with Virgin Media 1 and Virgin Media Sport.

Surely they'd show two different of the early games on virgin and show a different game than RTE?
                        Virgin Media sport extra has the barca game on and will have napoli v Belgrade after. They're showing all the games.

Channel 451
                        Last edited by dobby; 18-09-18, 18:50.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                          Virgin Media sport extra has the barca game on and will have napoli v Belgrade after. They're showing all the games.

Channel 451
                          Where is Virgin Media Sport Extra? Can't see it anywhere

Edit, just, seen your edit. Never knew it existed! Nice one

Comment

Showing every game live. As in all 8 today.

Comment

Virgin media extra sport 1 - 6, sweet Jesus, I'll be single by Christmas.

Comment

Where is Virgin Media Sport Extra? Can't see it anywhere

Edit, just, seen your edit. Never knew it existed! Nice one
                                Yeah sorry. So the first game was on 103, the second 5.55 kick off will be on 451 and then the other late games will be spread across 400 which is the virgin media sport channel and then 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 and even 456 if needed lol.

Some job in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                  I'd love that. Don't tell me this rattles people?
                                  Agreed if that doesn't get you up for a game nothing will.

Used to love heading up to Dublin to play in the San siro.

Burnt out cars, horses running around all over the place. Every cunt under the sun out to shout abuse at you.

A win there was one of the greatest feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Raekwon View Post
                                    Agreed if that doesn't get you up for a game nothing will.

Used to love heading up to Dublin to play in the San siro.

Burnt out cars, horses running around all over the place. Every cunt under the sun out to shout abuse at you.

A win there was one of the greatest feelings.
                                    Whats seldom is wonderful. I hope you didnt leave your Supermacs wrappers on the street

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                      Whats seldom is wonderful. I hope you didnt leave your Supermacs wrappers on the street
                                      Unfortunately we only got to go there once a season so we enjoyed the trip as much as we could.

Comment

How many do we need for a wu tang reunion?

Comment

Virgin media extra sport 1 - 6, sweet Jesus, I'll be single by Christmas.
                                          Bah forgot to look at HT and see if they had panels on every game. Must have some serious Z listers on the likes of Galatasaray etc if so...

Comment

power chord & drum fest

Rockin'1000 performing for the first time live "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana during That's Live - the Biggest Rock Band on Earth, in Cesena - July 201...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                              How many do we need for a wu tang reunion?
                                              Anything with 5+ original members counts as legit. U God only counts for half a member

Comment

Bah forgot to look at HT and see if they had panels on every game. Must have some serious Z listers on the likes of Galatasaray etc if so...
                                                Yep. Panels on every game. Kerr is on 451. Didn't look at the others.

Comment

Any recommendations for mid-price/budget android? Had mine stolen, really just need battery and web access. Had a lenovo p2 which is great fora 2/3 battery, but I wouldn't mind going for something I can just get in a shop immediately?

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                    Anything with 5+ original members counts as legit. U God only counts for half a member
                                                    Nah U God is a legit member.

Cappadonna on the other hand, that fucker has skated between rapper and cab driver for way too long!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                        Yeah sorry. So the first game was on 103, the second 5.55 kick off will be on 451 and then the other late games will be spread across 400 which is the virgin media sport channel and then 451, 452, 453, 454, 455 and even 456 if needed lol.

Some job in fairness
                                                        Not any use to anyone on sky. I have BT though so don't need it, but still.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          Not any use to anyone on sky. I have BT though so don't need it, but still.
                                                          Haven't had sky for years and we get virgin for free cos she works for them so meh. I was very happy when I realised every game is available. I watched the Liverpool game tonight but I'd have no interest watching them play napoli or Belgrade which h you'd assume rte or the old tv3 would have shown so it's great to have the choice of games.

Also for anyone on virgin, sky sports mix is free on it and shows the NFL. Think it's channel 438

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            Any recommendations for mid-price/budget android? Had mine stolen, really just need battery and web access. Had a lenovo p2 which is great fora 2/3 battery, but I wouldn't mind going for something I can just get in a shop immediately?
                                                            We have both the moto g6 and the xiaomi mi a2 in the household. Both around the 150 mark, and both excellent phones tbh.

Comment

Moto g5/6 from Argos or Amazon is perfect. I'd have no complaints ~220e
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Went to see Foil, Arms and Hog tonight in the Fringe.

Heard funnier shit from the barman in Mulligans after.

Comment

Really? I've always liked their video sketches.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    I imagine they are great in short doses but terribly annoying live where there is no escape

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      The new Chrome they've released in last few days is just beautiful. Keep being surprised by just how nice it is.
                                                                      Chrome the browser, or something else?

Comment

I think the nature of what they do makes the whole performance bitty, the stage show just doesn't seem to flow well.

Didn't enjoy them either but I felt it was due to the stop-start nature of the thing. Also not 100% sure they have enough material of sufficient quality for a stage show like this.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          There was no real edge to it.

Always like my humour with a whiff of cordite.

Comment

So what are we all planning to do with our apple windfall?
                                                                            work out at €2000 per head. So the entire country could go on an almighty session on apples dime

Trying to explain the actual intricacies of this to people here is proving impossible. The above was an actual suggestion.

Comment

https://www.reddit.com/user/bezzleford makes some great maps

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

This storm seems more severe than the one that closed everything last year.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  Yep. That was a brilliant read! Obviously won't say much, but what a lovely ending.
                                                                                  Bolloxs.
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                    This storm seems more severe than the one that closed everything last year.
                                                                                    Yeah, just walked past the fire brigade cutting down the remains of a tree I had walked under 15 minutes earlier.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Three people died during Ophelia so let's hope not. A lot of trees down on the way to work this morning, it was much worse than I expected.

Comment

Middle of meeting get the call that kids have to be evacuated from Montessori, some outbreak or other....place has to be sterilised etc etc....probably get it yourself yada yada...

FML

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                          Three people died during Ophelia so let's hope not. A lot of trees down on the way to work this morning, it was much worse than I expected.
                                                                                          Person died in Galway there this morning, in a caravan that was blown off a cliff into the sea.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            Person died in Galway there this morning, in a caravan that was blown off a cliff into the sea.
                                                                                            Jesus that's dreadful

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                              Moto g5/6 from Argos or Amazon is perfect. I'd have no complaints ~220e
                                                                                              Yeah 6G Play looks like the business for battery. None in stock in Argos though, just have to hope expiated delivery from Amazon comes before Fri.

Comment

Yeah 6G Play looks like the business for battery. None in stock in Argos though, just have to hope expiated delivery from Amazon comes before Fri.
                                                                                                Thinking of getting one of those myself, seems great value

Comment

This was from BOI:

Salary Certificate (BOI Form completed within the last 3 months)

Payslips (2 consecutive payslips within last 3 months)

Personal Current Account Statements if not with BOI (Most recent 6 months AIB consecutive statements)

Savings Statements showing evidence of build-up of funds (Most recent 6 months Credit Union consecutive statements)

Savings Statements showing evidence of build-up of funds (Most recent 6 months consecutive savings statements)
                                                                                                  Can you black out the actual details of the transactions and just show the amounts?

Comment

Can you black out the actual details of the transactions and just show the amounts?

Think that would set off some alarms bells pretty quickly

Comment

Power outage in work, whole area gone. Trying to cobble stuff together with limted number of laptops and mobile phones is a pain in the hole. Also only a matter of time before juice runs out on the laptops.

Tomorrow is going to be fun unless we get power back up soon.

Comment

No. Definitely not. They're looking for what you're blacking out sure!!

Comment

On mortgage query, would anyone know if equity in a property can be used as your deposit amount on moving home? i.e. 20k savings + 60k equity = 80k deposit??

Comment

I'm not entirely sure whats going on in the city, there seems to be a ton of army vets on some kind of support the troops rally that is somehow tied in with the housing protests?

You would think that to encourage slacktivists would at least get the message out but all their hashtags seem mixed up.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                              I'm not entirely sure whats going on in the city, there seems to be a ton of army vets on some kind of support the troops rally that is somehow tied in with the housing protests?

You would think that to encourage slacktivists would at least get the message out but all their hashtags seem mixed up.
                                                                                                              Saw something about a living wage for army folks, seems fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                On mortgage query, would anyone know if equity in a property can be used as your deposit amount on moving home? i.e. 20k savings + 60k equity = 80k deposit??
                                                                                                                Yes. That’s what we did.
                                                                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Power outage in work, whole area gone. Trying to cobble stuff together with limted number of laptops and mobile phones is a pain in the hole. Also only a matter of time before juice runs out on the laptops.

Tomorrow is going to be fun unless we get power back up soon.
                                                                                                                  go to pub. plug laptop in. sorted

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                                    Yes. That’s what we did.
                                                                                                                    Did you move again since the last time we shared a drunken taxi ride?

Comment

Saw something about a living wage for army folks, seems fair enough

people are weird

Comment

Presume that this was what you saw?

An association representing more than 800 retired military officers has said “it’s regrettable that the loyalty, commitment, contribution, and immense personal sacrifices” made by Defence Forces personnel is “undermined” by the lack of meaningful Government action on providing them with proper pay.

Comment

[TWEET [/TWEET]

people are weird
                                                                                                                          In a sufficiently fckd up society an adolescent's wannabee SJW twitter account is indistinguishable from a parody account
                                                                                                                          I think Mickey is real but not quite certain
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X