Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
    Need some help cooking the books folks!

So myself and a friend have decided we're going to buy a house, but with my bank accounts having a gambling site every week or so I am either going to be rejected or a really high rate. Their account is spotless, not one gambling site on show!!

Now, this is where I need the help. How would we go about getting my money into their account, and a mortgage under their name, without them knowing I am contributing many thousands?
    Give the cash to their parents and get them to give your mate a gift letter of the amount

Comment

Need some help cooking the books folks!

So myself and a friend have decided we're going to buy a house, but with my bank accounts having a gambling site every week or so I am either going to be rejected or a really high rate. Their account is spotless, not one gambling site on show!!

Now, this is where I need the help. How would we go about getting my money into their account, and a mortgage under their name, without them knowing I am contributing many thousands?
      You must have some amount of trust in this mate. You probably won’t get a mortgage under one name unless the deeds are only under one name and if the deeds are under one name you’ve nothing but faith to hope that you don’t get screwed.
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Deeds will only be on one name, for me it is completely a non-factor.

I just need for it to not affect any mortgage rates and all that jazz, is the gift limited to a certain amount per year? Sorry am very uneducated on all of these matters
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Deeds will only be on one name, for me it is completely a non-factor.

I just need for it to not affect any mortgage rates and all that jazz, is the gift limited to a certain amount per year? Sorry am very uneducated on all of these matters

Parents gifting a child are deemed Cat A for inheritance and gifts. I'm assuming you're not exceeding the 300k limit so should be fine.

Comment

@ Hitch, did you read Factfulness in paperback by any chance?

Can only see it available for pre order, release date next April.

Wanted to bring it to Spain with me next week, not bringing a hard cover.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

If the mortgage is just in one persons name they'd only need to see the availability of funds for the one person. Going through the process at the moment and for a joint application there's no option other than to be able to show accounts for both. They want current account statement showing that you've got a steady income coming in to match what you claim you can pay back and details of any savings accounts with regular amounts going in.

Guess the angle would be as suggested above would be to funnel the funds through a relative but if it's not urgent, could you do a clean of your accounts and wait 6 months. That's what I've done, though a 'clean' has mostly involved quitting 95% of my punting

Comment

Only available in hardback so far. It's not a big massive bible of a book, hardback be grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                  @ Hitch, did you read Factfulness in paperback by any chance?

Can only see it available for pre order, release date next April.

Wanted to bring it to Spain with me next week, not bringing a hard cover.
                  your favourite dock of seafaring bandits has it
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                      If the mortgage is just in one persons name they'd only need to see the availability of funds for the one person. Going through the process at the moment and for a joint application there's no option other than to be able to show accounts for both. They want current account statement showing that you've got a steady income coming in to match what you claim you can pay back and details of any savings accounts with regular amounts going in.

Guess the angle would be as suggested above would be to funnel the funds through a relative but if it's not urgent, could you do a clean of your accounts and wait 6 months. That's what I've done, though a 'clean' has mostly involved quitting 95% of my punting
                      Is it only 6 months?

I was told 5 years by a few different people, if it is only 6 months it would actually solve everything so will look into that!
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Is it only 6 months?

I was told 5 years by a few different people, if it is only 6 months it would actually solve everything so will look into that!
                        This was from BOI:

Salary Certificate (BOI Form completed within the last 3 months)

Payslips (2 consecutive payslips within last 3 months)

Personal Current Account Statements if not with BOI (Most recent 6 months AIB consecutive statements)

Savings Statements showing evidence of build-up of funds (Most recent 6 months Credit Union consecutive statements)

Savings Statements showing evidence of build-up of funds (Most recent 6 months consecutive savings statements)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              People are so brainwashed around mortgages. Regular terrified posts on boards asking will a €2.50 direct debit to buy a lotto ticket once a month cost me my mortgage.

Meanwhile here's me with six figures through my accounts to every gambling site under the sun and literally wasn't even asked about it.
                              FYI dougie

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                It's kinda weird the way they still persist with that hardback / paperback thing. Surely most books are read on Kindle now, so what exactly are they trying to do?!
                                I still read physical books, imagine it's the same reason I buy all my music on vinyl.

Keep looking at getting a kindle, keep not doing it
                                Last edited by Ed; 17-09-18, 20:55.

Comment

FYI dougie
                                  I'd imagine plenty don't actually look at the actual transactions, they'd just look to ensure there's regular money coming in and that some of it's being saved.

I still have a few gambling transactions but really wouldn't have been happy to present my bank statements of two years ago

Comment

Comment

Don't think Kindle is better than paper books btw. It's almost certainly worse. I just personally, for whatever reason, don't like the feel of paper.
                                      That shitty paper you get in paperback books always bothered me as well.

Comment

Comment

Don't think Kindle is better than paper books btw. It's almost certainly worse. I just personally, for whatever reason, don't like the feel of paper.
                                          Speaking of books, have you finished Stone Junction?

Comment

Oh yeah. Plus the 'fck you we decide your font and text size'.
                                            I was given 4 folio society books a few months ago. The Ascent of Man, Animal Farm, How the Mind Works & Meditations. They were a really nice gift but no way will I actually read them.
                                            I think I'd prefer the shitty paper over the awkwardness of a hardback though.
                                            I have 2 kindles lying around unused now, I actually like reading on Kindle Desktop more than any other form.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I'd heard six months too. Sure no-one would ever get a loan if they had to be a saint for five years. I'm also not sure why they care what you do with your money as long as you normally have money in your account. (but that's a whole separate thing)
                                                  FYI dougie
                                                  Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                  I'd imagine plenty don't actually look at the actual transactions, they'd just look to ensure there's regular money coming in and that some of it's being saved.

I still have a few gambling transactions but really wouldn't have been happy to present my bank statements of two years ago
                                                  My main issue is that my bank account is actually on zero most days, I do get a weekly paycheck but that instantly goes into investment sites/gambling sites so my entire banking history is basically keeping a balance of €500 or so in case of emergencies with none of it actually going into the savings in my bank.

I haven't needed money in my account in a long long time as I never ever use my card to pay for stuff due to always having cash about.

Keane's post has given me a good sense of relief though, definitely have more options that I realised. Much appreciated!
                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

It's one advancement in tech that I'm not on board with.

Books are for shelves and bedside lockers, not chips and clouds.

Comment

Cheers all btw, bought the hardback.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        Speaking of books, have you finished Stone Junction?
                                                        @lazare, take this book with you as well. Stone Junction by Jim dodge. I'd be amazed if you didn't enjoy it.
                                                        Last edited by shrapnel; 17-09-18, 21:27.

Comment

My main issue is that my bank account is actually on zero most days, I do get a weekly paycheck but that instantly goes into investment sites/gambling sites so my entire banking history is basically keeping a balance of €500 or so in case of emergencies with none of it actually going into the savings in my bank.

I haven't needed money in my account in a long long time as I never ever use my card to pay for stuff due to always having cash about.

Keane's post has given me a good sense of relief though, definitely have more options that I realised. Much appreciated!
                                                          I would say if you were to spend six months building up the savings instead of shipping to gambling sites you would probably be ok.

If you can show consistent deposits to an investment site e.g. Degiro that counts as you saving also by the way.

Comment

It's one advancement in tech that I'm not on board with.

Books are for shelves and bedside lockers, not chips and clouds.
                                                            Only time I really veer away from that thought is when going on holidays. Away next week and will have about 1500 pages with me which just doesn't feel very practical

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                              https://www.revenue.ie/en/gains-gift...ion-rules.aspx

Parents gifting a child are deemed Cat A for inheritance and gifts. I'm assuming you're not exceeding the 300k limit so should be fine.
                                                              That's if you ignore the fact that dougs payment to the parents is actually a taxable gift too.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                @lazare, take this book with you as well. Stone Junction by Jim dodge. I'd be amazed if you didn't enjoy it.
                                                                Cheers dude. I'm actually being incredibly optimistic about the amount of me time what with bringing two brats away.

Will pick it up for sure but will be lucky to total 30 pages over the week.

Comment

Cheers dude. I'm actually being incredibly optimistic about the amount of me time what with bringing two brats away.

Will pick it up for sure but will be lucky to total 30 pages over the week.
                                                                  Once you start it, you'll find the time.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                    That's if you ignore the fact that dougs payment to the parents is actually a taxable gift too.
                                                                    Of course, I'd imagine it's an envelope full of cash and they give a gift letter then. Worth mentioning though

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      If a 10+ year pro needs to scrounge a few extra euro out of buyers for lowly entry fee tournaments they're probably not value for their mark up.
                                                                      €1500 is a lowly entry fee?
                                                                      A casual can probably absorb a punt, but a pro with proper BRM prob needs a €250k bankroll to justify $1k+ events consistently.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        why don't we all side down and enjoy some conor mcgregor whiskey?
                                                                        https://properwhiskey.com/pages/whiskey
                                                                        Posted this elsewhere, but relevant here too I guess.

It's an odd name, No.X is more associated with Gin than whiskey (Tanqueray no 10, Beefeater 24, Monkey 47) - possibly due to age statements being a feature of whiskey.
                                                                        But ultimately, I don't think the name matters. If it was a random start-up in Dublin people wouldn't care, but the McGregor factor will be at play here.

I had an idea who his partner was for this whiskey when he mentioned Cleto Reyes (Mexican boxing gloves) and Whiskey in the same a post. The photos on the website confirm it. That's Bushmills.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                          €1500 is a lowly entry fee?
                                                                          A casual can probably absorb a punt, but a pro with proper BRM prob needs a €250k bankroll to justify $1k+ events consistently.
                                                                          250 buy insurance for live fish fest's around Ireland and Europe please stop. That 1 k in Killarney was super value the overlay helps but lots of recreational players also helped. If people pros were to use the brm you put in no tournaments would take place. People were queuing to get staked into this some who did I'd not put them into a 109 euro game.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                              250 buy insurance for live fish fest's around Ireland and Europe please stop. That 1 k in Killarney was super value the overlay helps but lots of recreational players also helped. If people pros were to use the brm you put in no tournaments would take place. People were queuing to get staked into this some who did I'd not put them into a 109 euro game.
                                                                              That's one event, if you are playing $1k+ games constantly you can't rely on random soft fields and ignore bankroll management. Tournaments would regardless of pros using proper BRM. Pros are the minority in any field.

Reverse it, what sort of BR do you think a "pro" needs to justify the $1k buyin?

Comment

Posted this elsewhere, but relevant here too I guess.

It's an odd name, No.X is more associated with Gin than whiskey (Tanqueray no 10, Beefeater 24, Monkey 47) - possibly due to age statements being a feature of whiskey.
                                                                                But ultimately, I don't think the name matters. If it was a random start-up in Dublin people wouldn't care, but the McGregor factor will be at play here.

I had an idea who his partner was for this whiskey when he mentioned Cleto Reyes (Mexican boxing gloves) and Whiskey in the same a post. The photos on the website confirm it. That's Bushmills.
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

That's one event, if you are playing $1k+ games constantly you can't rely on random soft fields and ignore bankroll management. Tournaments would regardless of pros using proper BRM. Pros are the minority in any field.

Reverse it, what sort of BR do you think a "pro" needs to justify the $1k buyin?
                                                                                  Where do you get the 250 buy ins from? Considering 10 to 15 peecent of the field get paid hard to bust a 250 buy in tank.

Comment

Well if that's the case his live ROI has been very poor again making the mark up poor value.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                      Where do you get the 250 buy ins from? Considering 10 to 15 peecent of the field get paid hard to bust a 250 buy in tank.
                                                                                      Flushdraw would be the man to ask regarding the current state of the game. But back in the day 100 MTT buy-ins was pretty aggressive and considering taking shots. And 200-300 was about what was advised.

I think you are massively underestimating the variance in a 10% payout MTTs.
                                                                                      Over 10 games, cash once, twice the buy-in.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                      Well if that's the case his live ROI has been very poor again making the mark up poor value.
                                                                                      Sorry, you've lost me there. Whose live ROI is poor? And how does the bolded line affect that?

Comment

Ge'way outta that. Everyone knows that the prods only drink fermented lambs blood and burst into flames if they touch the uisce beatha.

Comment

runs again tonight.

No idea what to expect.
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ge'way outta that. Everyone knows that the prods only drink fermented lambs blood and burst into flames if they touch the uisce beatha.
                                                                                            It takes a bigger man than me to disagree with Jimmy McNulty

Comment

Welcome news here that Ireland are amongst the latest nations to raise concerns about the 'loot box' practise of attempting to addict children to gambling through video games.

Less than a week after Belgium began a criminal investigation into FIFA's loot boxes, 15 gambling regulators from Europ…

Comment

Welcome news here that Ireland are amongst the latest nations to raise concerns about the 'loot box' practise of attempting to addict children to gambling through video games.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...oot-box-threat
                                                                                                interesting to see how that will effect EA as that is the model (packs) for pretty much all of their games
                                                                                                FUT,Madden, UFC, NBA, Battlefield, Battlefront etc

Comment

interesting to see how that will effect EA as that is the model (packs) for pretty much all of their games
                                                                                                  FUT,Madden, UFC, NBA, Battlefield, Battlefront etc
                                                                                                  A bad one, hopefully.

Comment

Nice walk from the dressing room for Napoli in Belgrade later.

Comment

A bad one, hopefully.
                                                                                                      I have a friend who was caught for around 300e at Xmas when her little fella went nuts one day buying Fifa packs.

I spend the extra money on whatever is the most expensive edition of Fifa. My bro probably spends 200-300e a year then on top.
                                                                                                      Ultimate team had $800m in revenue in 2017

Comment

Biopics are usually dreadful but this one might be an exception.
                                                                                                        At worst the original films will turn up on TV and it will introduce another generation of kids to comedy that is actually funny.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Nice walk from the dressing room for Napoli in Belgrade later.

I'd love that. Don't tell me this rattles people?

Comment

Mostly gushing about music at the moment.

Might not be to most of your tastes but Low's 12th(!) album might be their best

Comment

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...oot-box-threat
                                                                                                              I scanned the site after reading that and they're realising probabilities for each pack in response.

EA has opened up about pack probability in FIFA Ultimate Team.As reported by Eurogamer in June, EA Sports has introduce…

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                I scanned the site after reading that and they're realising probabilities for each pack in response.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-fifa-19-works
                                                                                                                That's just telling you the odds of winning at roulette right?

Comment

just got a little something in my eye...
                                                                                                                  See Mary Poppins Returns in theatres December 19!In Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns,” an all new original musical and sequel, Mary Poppins is back to help the...

Comment

Schalke to beat Porto at 7/5 Looks big . Porto are terrible

Comment

just got a little something in my eye...
                                                                                                                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3jsfXDZLIY
                                                                                                                      Feck Mary Poppins. The Von Trappes ftw

Comment

So... New experiences and all that...

For the first time in my life I've arrived at the airport 2 hours early as advised...

Wtf do I do for 90 minutes?

Wtf do childless people show up early for flights?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                          Schalke to beat Porto at 7/5 Looks big . Porto are terrible
                                                                                                                          Schalke ain't exactly pulling up any trees themselves

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X