Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some finish there in York. How is that not a dead heat?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Asking the same question myself, especially after seen the photo. Even the exchanges had it wrong on the photo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
        Asking the same question myself, especially after seen the photo. Even the exchanges had it wrong on the photo.
        It's probably less than a centimetre between them but with the technology that is in use you can see there is a winner

spoilered for hugeness
        SPOILER
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Only The Brave worth few quid each-way 2.55 Curragh...way too big a price at 16s

Comment

Only The Brave worth few quid each-way 2.55 Curragh...way too big a price at 16s
            8s at the post
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

UL not to get a place I think, looked like he got blocked about 4 times when looking for a gap

Comment

Worth watching next time, unlucky to run up a blind alley.

Comment

That ride of Jim Crowley's in the Ebor is worth studying. I'd say a few ripped up their dockets after 2f!
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    That ride of Jim Crowley's in the Ebor is worth studying. I'd say a few ripped up their dockets after 2f!
                    I didn't

Comment

Tbh, when I saw it out there, didn't bother me, just thought Crowley knows what he is at

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Those sort of rides/tactics always get overly praised when they win. For every 1 lunatic who ploughs a lone furrow and wins you see a hundred other of those over a year and they usually end up hanging out of the back of the tv.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Those sort of rides/tactics always get overly praised when they win. For every 1 lunatic who ploughs a lone furrow and wins you see a hundred other of those over a year and they usually end up hanging out of the back of the tv.
                          How many of those horses would have won under a more conventional ride

They would usually have a reason for trying something

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                            They would usually have a reason for trying something
                            Crowley explained that Godsen had suggested that because the horse doesn't like being crowded and that they were drawn out wide anyway it was a good chance to let him settle out wide. It wasn't all that dramatic, not like he was giving up any great amount of ground.

Delighted for Jarlath and Ronan on their success with Sea the lion, great excitement altogether.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Crowley explained that Godsen had suggested that because the horse doesn't like being crowded and that they were drawn out wide anyway it was a good chance to let him settle out wide. It wasn't all that dramatic, not like he was giving up any great amount of ground.

Delighted for Jarlath and Ronan on their success with Sea the lion, great excitement altogether.
                              Great scoop for them, $£50,000.

As a matter of interest about how much is it to travel a horse overseas to the UK and even further afield to a race meeting?. I assume there are horse travel services that organise the whole thing for a fee?.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                Great scoop for them, $£50,000.

As a matter of interest about how much is it to travel a horse overseas to the UK and even further afield to a race meeting?. I assume there are horse travel services that organise the whole thing for a fee?.
                                Depends if you take the horsebox on the ferry or go APOB style in a plane.

The former wouldn't be much more than a long trip in Ireland imo.

Comment

Just saw this posted on Facebook. Page that posted it says it's at Aintree but is wondering what year, race and who is in the pic and I thought a few here might have some idea. Horse on the bottom right crazy pic

Comment

Right click on pic - search google for this image

2001 Grand National

Comment

It's 2001, that's Brave Highlander in the picture #37.
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Right click on pic - search google for this image

2001 Grand National
                                        Deadly. Sound. Found out all the info from that. Ty

Comment

Tip toe first race bellestown win

Comment

Mary Salome 14/1 first race in Curragh meant to be useful.

Colm O' D seems to be very popular with the female trainers these days.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Q. Does Best odds Guarantee not count if the bet is placed before 9am?
                                              it was placed only a few hours before 9am

Q. And why would a rule 4 apply to a bet if i took a price of 15/2 but
                                              the S/P was 14/1?

Comment

Originally posted by The Color of Money View Post
                                                Q. Does Best odds Guarantee not count if the bet is placed before 9am?
                                                it was placed only a few hours before 9am

Q. And why would a rule 4 apply to a bet if i took a price of 15/2 but
                                                the S/P was 14/1?
                                                1. Dunno, read their BOG rules.

2. Because SP is irrelevant if it’s not BOG.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                  1. Dunno, read their BOG rules.

2. Because SP is irrelevant if it’s not BOG.
                                                  Thanks

2 yes it was BOG it paid 14/1 but on R4 15p

Comment

Rule 4 can apply to SP if there was a late withdrawal and no new market formed.

Comment

Mary Salome 14/1 first race in Curragh meant to be useful.

Colm O' D seems to be very popular with the female trainers these days.
                                                      Good shout, ul

Comment

Massini ‘s dream 7th race Worcester

Comment

Can of ye fine gents please post a link to a thread Tonyspplace for sale . AJ has the yard up for a guide price of 1.5m on Wednesday. Tipped up on IPB four ish years ago. Nice tipping

Comment

Two for tomorrow. Arrogant 15:35 ffos las. Great Grey 16:35 Roscommon. Both 16's right now.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Two for tomorrow. Arrogant 15:35 ffos las. Great Grey 16:35 Roscommon. Both 16's right now.
                                                              Both Backed well. GL. On small singles and the ew double.

Comment

Enjoyed the 1st race. Good shout. Hopefully we get same result or better in an hour.

Comment

a few bets today.

@ 5.00 cityman @ 6/1
                                                                  @ 3.20 Collodi @ 4/1

@ 3.05 Sir Ron Priestly @ 11/1
                                                                  @ 7.35 Lustful @ 14/1

@ 6.55 Sparkalex @ 20/1

Comment

My favourite reaction of your average track/bookies dweller has got to be when the 2nd string of a trainer wins a race. It seems to provoke an indignant rage like no other. Particularly when an A'OB long shot goes in its met with a string of "he should be in jail", "he's fecking always at that shite" as they tare up the docket with his 5/6 fav that's left trailing behind. So its in their stream of consciousness from years of painful loses in the past in similar situations and yet its seemingly beyond them to perhaps channel their ire into backing the overperforming ~7% second string horse next few times.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Yes but >90% of gamblers are clueless degenerates who wouldn't know one end of a horse from the other....these are the ame clowns that will tell you Ruby Walsh jumps off horses etc.

Comment

Do people on here think with the Irish racing moving to RUK from January that this will improve the liquidity on the exchanges especially inplay??

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                          Do people on here think with the Irish racing moving to RUK from January that this will improve the liquidity on the exchanges especially inplay??
                                                                          I would think that most who have RUK also have At the Races, no?

Comment

I would think that most who have RUK also have At the Races, no?
                                                                            Exactly and the majority of casual punters wont have RUK so if anything it will reduce the 'value' if not the liquidity

Comment

My favourite reaction of your average track/bookies dweller has got to be when the 2nd string of a trainer wins a race. It seems to provoke an indignant rage like no other. Particularly when an A'OB long shot goes in its met with a string of "he should be in jail", "he's fecking always at that shite" as they tare up the docket with his 5/6 fav that's left trailing behind. So its in their stream of consciousness from years of painful loses in the past in similar situations and yet its seemingly beyond them to perhaps channel their ire into backing the overperforming ~7% second string horse next few times.
                                                                              You ok hun?
                                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                You ok hun?
                                                                                'tear'

Comment

Why is there no results in the second race in Laytown ?
                                                                                  And there is a results in the first & third race?
                                                                                  Last edited by The Color of Money; 06-09-18, 16:12.

Comment

Only The Brave racing Down Royal later again. 5.50

Same people are backing it to win after the last run in the Curragh.

Comment

Only The Brave racing Down Royal later again. 5.50

Same people are backing it to win after the last run in the Curragh.
                                                                                      You putitng up all Gary O brien selections?
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

You putitng up all Gary O brien selections?

The literal few selections i put up have came from his crowd(He's good mates with a boss of mine). That's the first one that he has put online i think.

Comment

The literal few selections i put up have came from his crowd(He's good mates with a boss of mine). That's the first one that he has put online i think.
                                                                                          Nope all the last few ones you put up here he had on his ATR tipping page.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Nope all the last few ones you put up here he had on his ATR tipping page.

.

Comment

.
                                                                                              What point are you making?
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Derby quarter finals tonight. Think I've spotted a bit of ew value left. I was looking at Drive on Tipp today and going through all his attributes and I went to check his price on PP. I was expecting to see him around the 20s mark. He's 33/1. I think he is quite a bit overpriced at this. Incidentally, he is only 20s with BS. Anyway, the reasons for backing him are as follows

* He is 3 yrs 8 mths old, around the age most dogs peak.
                                                                                                *He's with a top trainer in Graham Holland.
                                                                                                * He has a 75% career strike rate for top 3 finishes.
                                                                                                *He appears to be coming to the boil at the right time and has steadily improved through every round.
                                                                                                *Did 29.35 in the first round of last yrs derby and got knocked out at the qf stage after being badly baulked.
                                                                                                *There's every possibility that he will be able to replicate that 29.35 this year and possibly even better it considering his age.

He has a very tough heat tonight and it will be tough to get through. That's a big caveat. If he makes it through tonight with continued improvement he has a great chance imo. He is an inside seed so it's very hard to get Trap 1 but he has it tonight.

It's very hard to make money backing dogs. There's very little room for mistakes and accidents and trouble often happen. He is amazing value at 33s ew first 4. I wouldn't be going bananas but it just really stood out to me as a good bet. Also, for anyone going tonight, I'd have a small double on Totos Park and Drive on Tipp @ around 24/1. I also did a ~100/1 treble of whoops jack along with the other two. I'm on Whoops Jack at 50s antepost but I thought he was brutal last week tbh so I'm hoping the spike he got was an excuse for that run. Anyway, enjoy all in attendance tonight.

Comment

Blazer for the Kerry National on Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                    Blazer for the Kerry National on Wednesday
                                                                                                    Looks plenty short for a horse that's 0/7 over any distance greater than 2 miles in Ireland and GB.
                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 10-09-18, 15:15.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Looks plenty short for a horse that's 0/7 over any distance greater than 2 miles in Ireland and GB.
                                                                                                      Was told to back it by someone associated with the stable, that usually gives good info. Would agree it's pretty short for the type of race.

Comment

Going to sandown tomorrow, any tips/word etc appreciated

Draw bias low afair, true or not a big thing?

Ta

Comment

Was told to back Astronomer e/w tomorrow in Leop in the 15.50.

Comment

Did you ask the situation if it was ok not to reveal source.

Miss the pgatour. Have pod for interest

Comment

NR

Comment

Triplicate 14:20 Listowel 5/1
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Mary B surely the value here?
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    Mary B surely the value here?
                                                                                                                    Market usually best guide for Byrnes' horses. If you think it looks too big, there's a good reason.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Great shout, had dropped to 3/1 before I could get on it but still a nice return!

Comment

Champions Day at Leops surely throws up more G1 shocks than any other day in the calendar?

Comment

Still standing last race curragh win

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X