Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anyone know where I'd find the running order for the Rose of Tralee?

There are two I want to see, the Florida Rose is the daughter of lad I know and we know the Kildare girl as well. Fckd if I'm going to leave it on for the excruciating eighteen hours it runs for.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Reacquainted myself and some others with the glories of the rijstaffel this evening. I swear there were 40 dishes on the table.

Colonialism has its benefits.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

After many years of coming across as a well balanced and neutral journalistic voice Joe Little has in the last few weeks sounded like a lad who has listened to too much shite from the church and jumped right off the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                Reacquainted myself and some others with the glories of the rijstaffel this evening. I swear there were 40 dishes on the table.

That sounds great, where did you have that?
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

You can tell nobody really reads the tournament section here anymore.

This lad getting some interesting looking spam in lately. Someone tell him Hitch is in France now.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Rotterdam. Don't ask me what the place is called but I will try to go by it tomorrow and note it down.

Comment

Rotterdam. Don't ask me what the place is called but I will try to go by it tomorrow and note it down.
                      Ah feck, assumed it was in Dublin somewhere.

Comment

JP

best I can get of the image

Comment

Comment

Comment

First episode of "Castle Rock" looks very promising.
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

...Heading to the airport for my 3rd date with this girl, roll on Lanzarote...I'm "pretty sure" I remember her from our 2nd date 5 weeks ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  What was that?!
                                  Ah they had put a few random posts in different tournament threads over the last few weeks with links to ladies of a particular persuasion.

Comment

Comment

And what was it the gorgeous looking Carlow rose said that has everyone excited?
                                      Ah just the usual pick me pick me sob story that a rose tells every year to try and seal the win.

Parents were drug addicts when she was a kid.
                                      Father died.
                                      Mother clean 4 years
                                      Motivation for getting clean was the rose got pregnant at 21
                                      Struggled being a young mom at 21
                                      Ironically sang crazy world written and performed by a drug addict in memory of her heroin addicted father

People calling her brave and shite but at the end of the day she's trying to win a competition so I'm always sceptical about these stories

That's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                        ...Heading to the airport for my 3rd date with this girl, roll on Lanzarote...I'm "pretty sure" I remember her from our 2nd date 5 weeks ago...
                                        A holiday for a 3rd date? How did this not make the log? Full trip report when home please sir.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          First episode of "Castle Rock" looks very promising.
                                          if you like Stephen King stuff, it's excellent.
                                          So far it has touched on
                                          SPOILER
                                          The Stand
                                          Cell
                                          Misery
                                          Shawshank
                                          Needful Things
                                          Stand By Me
                                          The Dead Zone
                                          loads more
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Ah just the usual pick me pick me sob story that a rose tells every year to try and seal the win.

Parents were drug addicts when she was a kid.
                                            Father died.
                                            Mother clean 4 years
                                            Motivation for getting clean was the rose got pregnant at 21
                                            Struggled being a young mom at 21
                                            Ironically sang crazy world written and performed by a drug addict in memory of her heroin addicted father

People calling her brave and shite but at the end of the day she's trying to win a competition so I'm always sceptical about these stories

That's about it.
                                            Sounds pretty brave to me
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I have 2 Kevin Hart tickets for tonight, obvs cant make it.

E-tickets so will need to be printed.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                  Little CHD due Paddys Day.

I grew up m8s.
                                                  May God have mercy on us all.

Is it you and Glenn adopting? That's nice.

Comment

CHD for real ?

Lol. Er I mean congrats. I bet the kid will get my jokes . I've changed my target audience to the under 5s with great success.

Comment

Hope the momma is doing well. She sounds like a legend

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                        Hope the momma is doing well. She sounds like a legend
                                                        Absolutely flying it, healthier than she ever was.

She does enjoy giving us frights though...
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

You can get rijsttafel in Chameleon in Dublin, fantastic restaurant. I recommend the veggie one :P

Comment

Gentlemen, this is my now annual hunt for any All Ireland final tickets. Thankfully I have my own sorted but am in need of more for genuinely deserving sorts.

If anyone has a line on a ticket then just take it as a given that I’ll take it.

At least Mayo aren’t in it this year. That just makes them impossible to get.
                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Seems +EV to just buy a Dublin season ticket every year if people really wanna go.
                                                              Or to flip it. Saw bidding on ebay for a pair had reached €3,500 before it was removed by them.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                May God have mercy on us all.

Is it you and Glenn adopting? That's nice.
                                                                Nah, it's an actual female and me. We're even in a relationship. Poor woman but she's stuck now

CHD for real ?

Lol. Er I mean congrats. I bet the kid will get my jokes . I've changed my target audience to the under 5s with great success.
                                                                For real. Give it a few years and I'll test your theory. If you're right I'll apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                  Gentlemen, this is my now annual hunt for any All Ireland final tickets. Thankfully I have my own sorted but am in need of more for genuinely deserving sorts.

If anyone has a line on a ticket then just take it as a given that I’ll take it.

Potential to be the worst All Ireland in living memory . Wish it was the old Tyrone rather than this shower

Comment

Shure weren't there only about 15,000 Dubs bothered turn up for the semi final, why would you expect any more get out of the pub in time to see Tyrone be this years sacrificial lambs to the professionals.

Comment

cleaning out my apartment in prep for FIL moving in.
                                                                      I've about 10 years of assorted geek gear and an absolute ton of limited edition/one off pieces for a lot of different game/tv show/ movie merchandise
                                                                      Posters, Funk pops figurines etc all sorts of weird and wonderful things.
                                                                      I found some things today that I hadnt seen in years, I mean how can I get rid of the Eleanor car from gone in 60 seconds in pristine boxed condition or a custom car hood ornament featuring stephen amell as the Arrow.
                                                                      Growing up sucks
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        Shure weren't there only about 15,000 Dubs bothered turn up for the semi final, why would you expect any more get out of the pub in time to see Tyrone be this years sacrificial lambs to the professionals.

Comment

Why's that? (could scribble all of my GAA knowledge on my hand and likely still have space for the explanation)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                            Why's that? (could scribble all of my GAA knowledge on my hand and likely still have space for the explanation)
                                                                            Mayo have played in nine all Ireland finals since 1951 losing all of them and their supporters return in bigger numbers every year unreasonably optimistic that this time we won't feed on their tears.

Comment

Bump. These are free, can anyone use them, hate to see them wasted. 3arena.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                Seems +EV to just buy a Dublin season ticket every year if people really wanna go.
                                                                                Or to flip it. Saw bidding on ebay for a pair had reached €3,500 before it was removed by them.
                                                                                I have one. Others among my long-standing group of friends who all travel together to games do not. It's on their behalf I am searching.

Potential to be the worst All Ireland in living memory . Wish it was the old Tyrone rather than this shower
                                                                                2015 All Ireland was terrible. It pissed raining and Kerry were dreadful. This won't be that bad.

The researcher behind a new study on aging and depression shares tips on how not to turn into a grumpy old man (or woman)

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                Strewel was correct, Mayo travel in larger numbers than any other GAA fans. They are also, aside from Dublin, the only county with 100% uptake on their season tickets. So right out the gate there's less tickets.
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Bump. These are free, can anyone use them, hate to see them wasted. 3arena.
                                                                                  I'd say try the bargain alerts forum on boards. See tickets snapped up pretty quickly quite regularly on there and I'm sure Kevin Hart would be popular enough

Comment

I dont know him at all and id go if I was free. Sure why not. Yeah you'd shift them no bother on boards

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      I dont know him at all and id go if I was free. Sure why not. Yeah you'd shift them no bother on boards
                                                                                      Pm.me your email
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Pm.me your email
                                                                                        Don't think Tara was offering to go m8. Just saying he'd go if free

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          Don't think Tara was offering to go m8. Just saying he'd go if free
                                                                                          Its the "sure why not" that confused me.

Someone took them on BA.
                                                                                          Last edited by oleras; 21-08-18, 19:10.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Went again this evening. Savage.

This is the spot.

Comment

The other strange cultural phenomenon observed today was, well, Santa with Buttplug. Naturally.

Comment

Comment

Manafort guilty and Cohen plea deal in one day
                                                                                                  Twitter should be fun tonight
                                                                                                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 21-08-18, 21:06.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Nothing Matters 1/3 fav

Something very rotten in the air

Comment

Ugh, taking forever to get through the hoops to buy Tesla puts, price gone up no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            Ugh, taking forever to get through the hoops to buy Tesla puts, price gone up no doubt.
                                                                                                            ...What price are you looking to get out of curiosity, and date?...I really want to short them, don't quite have the cahoneys to do so...

Comment

This comment had me in stitches

Comment

Kinda explains the Trump hyper-meltdowns of recent days.

A question that maybe no-one knows. If, as seems like a near certainty now, Trump is convicted of violating campaign law, what could happen to him? I presume there's a range of possible remedies from minor to severe that could be imposed on him, but what are they?
                                                                                                                Alan Dershowitz was on the radio today making the point that its important that they don't try to impeach him until they know there are enough republicunts behind rhe move and a criminal charge that will stick.
                                                                                                                To that end the only reasonable hope (other than a stray bullet) is a rout in November, if he hasn't already started a war by then we'll be doing well.
                                                                                                                if as i fear Nov doesn't turn out to bad, or even well for him then all bets are off and literally anything could happen.

Comment

Haha!!

Comment

Comment

Justin Bieber what a bastard

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Has anyone used the beeper bike service yet? I've used it a few times, it's all great but the bikes are incredibly slow. I'm wondering if anyone else has this experience.

Comment

Haha!!

Twitter has its uses at times.
                                                                                                                          That's amazing

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X