Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought an inner city train ticket in the station yesterday, missed the train, didn't go through the turnstile, can I use it today? Poor on my part that I couldn't figure this out through Google

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
      Nah, it's definitely Patty Labelle and the photo above is from when LaBelle was performing for Obama in 2015
      I had been talking about the woman on the far left of the picture with Patty Labelle. But it was a backing singer, she is dressed in black and you can hardly see her. I thought maybe the two sang on stage and the shot focused more on Patty.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
        Really enjoyed when she spoke out last year and the usual suspects on boards started with the well who is she to speak about this, what does she know only to get owned by the well actually she has a masters in Canon law, it's exactly what she is an expert in.
        More importantly, we need to figure out a way for Bohs to play Shams every week

Comment

Went to the Snapper in The Gate last night. Excellent production and Simon Delaney is great in it. I love the way they get so much out of such a small space in theatre.

On the way out, overheard two hoity toity aul dears talking

'We'll, it wasn't what one is used to when you go to The Gate'

'Agreed, I've seen Jane Eyre here you know'

I've only had Dublin Pizza once, had it delivered and it was like the delivery guy had kept the pizza vertical rather than horizontal as the ingredients had slide to the end. The tomato sauce was also quite watery. Not a patch on Base Pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
            Went to the Snapper in The Gate last night. Excellent production and Simon Delaney is great in it. I love the way they get so much out of such a small space in theatre.

Went to see it the other night, t'were very good

Comment

I've only had Dublin Pizza once, had it delivered and it was like the delivery guy had kept the pizza vertical rather than horizontal as the ingredients had slide to the end. The tomato sauce was also quite watery. Not a patch on Base Pizza.
              If any of the pizza peeps are ever in Naas try Food Junkie Pizza! He’s serving out of the local pub Graces but the ones from the Van at Naas farmers market are better.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                What do I Know but sure the interwebby thinks so

https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/...t-robbery.html
                That page proves that it didn't actually come from the window tax
                Window Tax was in 17th century
                First use of daylight robbery was in 20th century

Comment

What a hectic few days.

Got a phone call wed night/thursday morning at 01.30 from my mother, she is 70 next jan, telling me she had terrible pains in her shoulders and was finding it hard to breath. I told her to open the front door that i would call an ambulance and head into her, she lives around 12 mins away.

Called 999, gave details and the operator said she would call my mother back and dispatch an ambulance.

Got my wife up, i had had a few drinks so couldn't drive, got dressed and headed into hers.

Half way there the operator calls me to say the ambulance crew cant get in because she cant manage the stairs, is afraid she will fall, have i a key ? Of course i do...at home !

Turn the car around and head back for key, operator calls again, i tell them i am around 6 mins away. I get there and try to open the door but her keys are on the inside, something which she never does.

Cops come and look at options. The back door glass can be broken but its locked and the keys are upstairs with her, anyway, the kitchen door to the hall is also locked, solid oak door and frame, but the key is on the other side.

He gets the battering ram from the boot but the hall door is 5 point locked and the whole frame would have to come off to gain access. Decide to break the glass panel in the front door and try to get his arm into the keys inside and turn them. This all took around 1-2 mins.

Broke the glass with his asp and let the ambulance crew upstairs.

I followed them up and i see my mams legs laying on the floor between her bed and wall, half way into the hall. She has sick in her hair and they are trying to talk to her. They manage to lift her to a sitting position and what i saw will stay with me the rest of my life, her jaw had dropped, her hair was jet black from sweat and as white as paper, her eyes were looking straight through me.

They got her into an ambulance chair and brought her downstairs straight into the ambulance, the cops helped me and my wife clean up the glass while they were in the ambulance and they just left.

Locked up the house and put some cardboard over the broken glass and headed to the hospital. She only lives 5 mins from UHL so got there fast.

We were brought into a waiting area just inside the A and E and waited around 20 mins when we saw a bed being wheeled out with her being bagged and her body jumping what seemed like every 3 seconds, later learned her heart was being paced and that was the jumping.

Nurse looked at us and realised we were in the wrong area and brought us to a room, a doctor came in to tell us she was in the middle of a major heart attack and they were taking her to the cath lab to see what could be done but she was critically ill and has very little chance of surviving. told me to call what family members i can and get them here as soon as possible.

She had zero blood pressure, the right side of her heart wasnt working at all, they got her to the cath lab and managed to open the artery and then stent it. Thursday she was still very ill and was building up fluid in her lungs and had some internal bleeding from the anti clotting drugs they gave the night before.

Yesterday she was sitting up and able to talk with some effort.

Today she is sitting out on a chair, giving out...

Thank fuck there is a 24 hr lab in the hospital, otherwise, no doubt in my mind, or the surgeon i would be in crosses funeral home this evening.

She has a lot of recovery left, they will assess the damage if any that was caused during the week to the muscle, but fingers crossed.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Sez it all really

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      That page proves that it didn't actually come from the window tax
                      Window Tax was in 17th century
                      First use of daylight robbery was in 20th century
                      yeah bit lazy by me, read the case for but didnt bother with the rest. Nothing proved either way though and couldnt be bothered delving further into it. Will still spout it over a pint to whoever listens

Ole,
                      I was on the edge reading that. Hope she recovers to live a decent quality life.

Comment

Jayus Ole, that's a rough night followed by a few rough days. Hopefully she is out of the worst of it and can make a full recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          In other football news, Aubameyang has scored a hat-trick in the first 15 mins of Arsenal's first friendly. He's looking sharp
                          It would be petty and puerile to bring this up just after Auba misses an open net from 7 yards and Chelsea go up the other end and score their second wouldn’t it?

I’m a small man sometimes BART, a small petty man
                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                            It would be petty and puerile to bring this up just after Auba misses an open net from 7 yards and Chelsea go up the other end and score their second wouldn’t it?

Ah..I get it now, took mikitaryian to do it as well for me to realise the strategy.

Take the points boys, and the goals will come.

...there we go. Chelsea 2-0 v Arsenal 2-2
                            Last edited by Iago; 18-08-18, 17:12.

Comment

Ah..I get it now, took mikitaryian to do it as well for me to realise the strategy.

Take the points boys, and the goals will come.

...there we go. Chelsea 2-0 v Arsenal 2-2
                              And Iwobi done it to make it 3

Never going to be easy starting against Man City/Chelsea, so not bothered yet. If we only have 4 points after our first 6 games, then feel free to quote this

Comment

Never going to be easy starting against Man City/Chelsea, so not bothered yet. If we only have 4 points after our first 6 games, then feel free to quote this
                                Thoughts on how this will end up?

I'm funking a Chelsea win to scoop a 94/1 shot.

SPOILER

Comment

About the only way I’m getting fun out of this season is laughing at other teams when the opportunity presents itself.

Would happily take any sort of draw in this game, need both these teams to drop as many points as possible all season.

Comment

SPOILER
                                    Hope it pans out, bloody Everton cost me a 100/1 accum last week. Mugs game but it was a free bet so there’s that

Comment

SPOILER
                                      I'm not sure if you've ran bad with Chelsea being originally two up or ran extrmely well they're not 2-6 down.

Don't think there was a half in Prem history with so many clear cut chances.

Not sure i like Sarri's use of Kante. New positions seems to negate most of what he's good at.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

SPOILER
                                        4-2 Chelsea imo

Comment

4-2 Chelsea imo
                                          We'll have less of you BBVing this match, thank you very much [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            I've just booked more tickets myself. Had a snoop and could get €13 seats for a Saturday Matinee. Couldn't pass it up.
                                            This is the first two rows? Anybody know what the view is like from there in the Abbey, I never sit towards the front. Is it a neck killer?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                18 lidl-sized bags of clothing to the recycling / reuse bin today. Where the fck did they all come from.
                                                ALDI ?

Comment

Anyone use Amazon Unlimited for kindling, any use?

if yes, can you access the entire library of e-books or only certain titles?
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

pay for ebooks?
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      pay for ebooks?
                                                      if it's a tenner a month and I can get all the books I want, then the time it saves in asking cousins is well worth it

Comment

First review site...first paragraph

Kindle Unlimited Has a Poor Selection of Books
                                                        Amazon likes to trumpet that Kindle Unlimited has more than one million books available for subscribers to read. And while that figure is accurate, you won’t find many best sellers or popular books on the list.

None of the major publishing houses have made their books available on Kindle Unlimited. That means no Penguin Random House, Hachette, Macmillan, HarperCollins, or Simon & Schuster. If you have a favorite author, there’s a good chance their work is published by one of these “Big Five”.

Link to review https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/kindle...rth-money-why/

Comment

Fury is hilarious, it's hard to hate that guy
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Prefer to use dried out xmas trees, they get it goin good.

Not this time of year though, you cold?
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                    Always felt wrong not paying for books, as it's explicitly one particular known person you aren't paying for their work. No judgement, just my personal perspective on books. Everything else I steal

(don't listen to music, so haven't had to address the connundrum there)
                                                                    Books I'll buy.
                                                                    Ebooks, I dont think I could let meself

My kindle is full of novels. Last two books I bought were sapiens and politics of geography

Comment

Comment

I pretty much fall on the Hitch side of thinking here, don't mind torrenting movies, used to torrent music (Spotify now), try not to steal books though. Definitely feels wrong for whatever reason.

Comment

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Little CHD due Paddys Day.

I grew up m8s.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post

I grew up m8s.
                                                                                  Congrats man. You have the no sleeping thing down already so that's half the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    Congrats man. You have the no sleeping thing down already so that's half the battle.
                                                                                    Smack bang at a time in my life when I learned how to sleep and crave it. Ta m8

Comment

I grew up m8s.
                                                                                      Ha ha aha ha hahahabjjaaaaja hahaha hahaha a hahahabahahHababh
                                                                                      Hahaha. Haha ha ha ha. HBhhh hahah

And after you beat us 3-2

Hab ha ahabahahahH hahaha ah hahaha haha ah hbBzb ha ha ha

Glory glory glory irony

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                        Ha ha aha ha hahahabjjaaaaja hahaha hahaha a hahahabahahHababh
                                                                                        Hahaha. Haha ha ha ha. HBhhh hahah

And after you beat us 3-2

Hab ha ahabahahahH hahaha ah hahaha haha ah hbBzb ha ha ha

Glory glory glory irony
                                                                                        Was at the game in lansdowne too, cool little family. Hello to Ken if he remembers me!

xxx

Comment

I grew up m8s.
                                                                                          CHSprog. Congrats

Comment

Congrats Chad. Don't change like Kev did.
                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                              Congrats Chad. Don't change like Kev did.
                                                                                              I promise to go back trolling like I did.

For Kev.

Comment

I promise to go back trolling like I did.

For Kev.
                                                                                                I still owe you €15 quid and an avatar. We can stick it on littleCHD to be Irish netball captain by the time he's 16 if you want?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  I still owe you €15 quid and an avatar. We can stick it on littleCHD to be Irish netball captain by the time he's 16 if you want?
                                                                                                  Buy homeless people tea or coffee

Comment

You can buy homeless people?

Comment

...

Comment

I grew up m8s.
                                                                                                        ...Taking bets on whether baby's first word is "M8" or "Cunce"...

Comment

Still looking for 2 tickets to the final today if anyone hears if them being offloaded I'll snap them up, cheers
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Big up chadley
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I have the free trial of it, I did download a load of the JK Rowling books, but most books I was looking for are not on it. I wouldn't pay it by the month. I would not find it worth it overall.

Comment

Great news Chadley. Can't believe you have all grown up now

Had been thinking back to my wedding in 2012. So many of the couples that came, or even the ones that came on their own, have now got married and had kids.

We have all grown up! Waiting on Rigger making a big announcement now.

Comment

Congrats and haha, in equal measures.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

We have all grown up! Waiting on Rigger making a big announcement now.
                                                                                                                    And that won't be far away either

Comment

I grew up m8s.
                                                                                                                      Sligo Rovers baby grow in the post M8 (can't have the kid supporting Wickla Rovers)

Comment

Marty Morrissey is a fucktard

Comment

Need a couple more votes in the first two quarter finals:

Some excellent songs contained within!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X