Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has become clear that Hitch is a bot... a quite remarkable patient bot, I shall call him HitchBot 1.01

& someone (DP) will have to go thru his posting history and decipher what messages of Commie sympathy he has been planting
    Last edited by Guest; 17-07-18, 14:07.

Comment

This one seems potentially useful:

You can also drop in on other Echo devices in your household, so you can use your main Echo in the living room to talk to your children in their room if they have a compatible Echo device. It's similar to an intercom system when used between different Echo devices in the same household.
      "Alexa, drop in on Katie's room."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        This one seems potentially useful:
        Listening in on your kids?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
          Listening in on your kids?
          I think it's meant to be like an intercom system.

Comment

I presume a few people here have some of the Amazon Alexa gizmos? Are they much actual use? Seem a bit gimmicky when I google around for useful things you can actually do with them.

EDIT: See for instance this article:
            Get a new Echo and want some ideas on what to do with it? Thinking about buying one and curious about Alexa's appeal? You, my friend, have come to the right collection of images and captions.

21 slides on 'the best things you can do with Amazon Echo' and it's like, 'it has an aux out port', and 'it has an app to tell you cool things you can do with it' as it's first two selling points after 'play spotify' and 'you can get different shells for it like new covers for a Nokia 3210'
            Sisters partner has a bad dose of MS leaving him little more than the use of his head with and it's been an absolute life changer for him, a really huge advance.
            For the rest of us it can play spotify and google shit without having to look at your phone.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I presume a few people here have some of the Amazon Alexa gizmos? Are they much actual use? Seem a bit gimmicky when I google around for useful things you can actually do with them.

EDIT: See for instance this article:
              Get a new Echo and want some ideas on what to do with it? Thinking about buying one and curious about Alexa's appeal? You, my friend, have come to the right collection of images and captions.

21 slides on 'the best things you can do with Amazon Echo' and it's like, 'it has an aux out port', and 'it has an app to tell you cool things you can do with it' as it's first two selling points after 'play spotify' and 'you can get different shells for it like new covers for a Nokia 3210'
              Voice controlled music is about the best use of it.

I've two, but I've it set up with speakers, and have nearly all Hue lights. Get so used to it that find myself about to ask Alexa to do something in other people's homes. It's fairly useless for asking questions, tempted to get Google Home for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                Voice controlled music is about the best use of it.

I've two, but I've it set up with speakers, and have nearly all Hue lights. Get so used to it that find myself about to ask Alexa to do something in other people's homes. It's fairly useless for asking questions, tempted to get Google Home for that.
                You mean like adjusting the lights or something?

Impression I get is there's nothing much with them that would be for me at the moment. I tend to check back every so often to see if there is or not.

Comment

Switch on/off/dim lights, change colours, play music.

Yeah, I don't think it's gonna revolutionise anyone's life as a stand alone product, but it is handy and relatively cheap.

I see it's possible to get Prime in Ireland now. Probably only worth it for families or shared accounts?

Comment

You can't go back from walking into a room and commanding "change lights to burnt sienna".

I'm using the prime trial atm, then will cancel, it's handy enough and shipping is 2 day, handy to pick up small things on a whim. Still not worth it for me, we can't get the groceries and so on.

Comment

If anybody is looking for some wireless earphones (great for gym, work etc), the soundmagic e10bt are great and 40% off atm - they have a 12 hour battery life, comes to about €45 delivered through parcel motel, just picked some up but have used them before. Available on their site.

Comment

A lot of the Amazon Echo research I've been doing has been to distract me from buying expensive headphones. Will probably end up with both

Comment

I've just about not bought wireless headphones too (the bose headphones on sale), I already have Sennheisers...with a filthy wire. The above were a compromise. It's odd watching everybody walk around work with wireless headphones these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            I've just about not bought wireless headphones too (the bose headphones on sale), I already have Sennheisers...with a filthy wire. The above were a compromise. It's odd watching everybody walk around work with wireless headphones these days.
                            Which Bose ones?

Comment

Went with the Google Home option rather than Alexa, think it broadly is considered the better ecosystem. Have one full Google Home and three Google Home Minis, we're not using them to their full capacity but who is I suppose? Also integrated with Philips Hue, most of the lights in the house have been upgraded. Music on voice command/Netflix on voice command (via integrated Chromecast on primary TV) definitely are the commands most used.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                Went with the Google Home option rather than Alexa, think it broadly is considered the better ecosystem. Have one full Google Home and three Google Home Minis, we're not using them to their full capacity but who is I suppose? Also integrated with Philips Hue, most of the lights in the house have been upgraded. Music on voice command/Netflix on voice command (via integrated Chromecast on primary TV) definitely are the commands most used.
                                With the lights, I presume you just have to use new bulbs rather than actually rewire the fittings?

Most of what we watch is via a box running Android TV, maybe the Google set up might be worth looking into.

Comment

I have had the Google Home, Hue Lights and Honeywell Evohome setup now for 6 months or so. Am happy all round, the heating has been a great addition, it has a valve with thermostat on each radiator that talks to a controller downstairs to turn boiler on/off. Have schedules and Geo Fencing setup for the heating and lighting. Its all small touches, but really nice ones, like after I wake up and go down to Kitchen it blinks lights Blue a few times if its gonna rain. Announces any Significant traffic for any places I have down to go to that day.Keeps house at nice temp then heating off when I head out the gate. I add stuff to my todo list pretty regularly with it verbally, last night saw a thing on TV about a different method to claim PPI charges back from credit card, set reminder to myself at 10.20 this morning after tea. Also use verbal dictation a lot nowadays for Outlook emails and Word, copied and pasted this paragraph from it with only a few corrections
                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                    I have had the Google Home, Hue Lights and Honeywell Evohome setup now for 6 months or so. Am happy all round, the heating has been a great addition, it has a valve with thermostat on each radiator that talks to a controller downstairs to turn boiler on/off. Have schedules and Geo Fencing setup for the heating and lighting. Its all small touches, but really nice ones, like after I wake up and go down to Kitchen it blinks lights Blue a few times if its gonna rain. Announces any Significant traffic for any places I have down to go to that day.Keeps house at nice temp then heating off when I head out the gate. I add stuff to my todo list pretty regularly with it verbally, last night saw a thing on TV about a different method to claim PPI charges back from credit card, set reminder to myself at 10.20 this morning after tea. Also use verbal dictation a lot nowadays for Outlook emails and Word, copied and pasted this paragraph from it with only a few corrections
                                    considering the majority of my posts are literal stream of consciousness garbage that has to be pared back to make some semblance of sense from, this would be a dangerous addition to my posting arsenal. Have a look at some of the waffle I've posted in Music King threads, now imagine every post was like that
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                      ...saw a thing on TV about a different method to claim PPI charges back from credit card...
                                      No way you ever got suckered into paying a penny of PPI

Comment

Which Bose ones?
                                        Whoops they weren't wireless so I dont care about them, good deal though/

With the lights, I presume you just have to use new bulbs rather than actually rewire the fittings?

Most of what we watch is via a box running Android TV, maybe the Google set up might be worth looking into.
                                        Yes, new bulbs with wireless capability. Philips hue or w/e/

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                          Whoops they weren't wireless so I dont care about them, good deal though/

Yes, new bulbs with wireless capability. Philips hue or w/e/
                                          I was looking at the QC-25s as well and thinking about using a bluetooth adapter with them. They seem to be best in class for the noise cancellation.

Comment

From the June 2018 BP Statistical Review of Global Energy (67th edition) here are some details on C02 emissions in 2017: 1. Global CO2 emissions from energy in 2017 grew by 1.6% (and 426.4 million tons, see data here), rebounding from the stagnant volumes during 2014-2016, and faster than the 10-year average of 1.3%. 2. […]

Comment

Get up off your holes and switch the lights on you sedentary cunce.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                No way you ever got suckered into paying a penny of PPI
                                                Lol you are 100% right, every penny has been a prisoner to me since I was mid 20s Only so I can spunk it on good stuff mind you

This is for my Dads cards, I am heading for 10K reclaimed on his behalf in last 4 years from banks etc. There was one card he used to have that called their version of PPI something else, so wasn't on the radar for reclaiming. Seen an article last night that it was fair game now too and there is a deadline for August so would be gutted to let the sneaky rats off the hook on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Get up off your holes and switch the lights on you sedentary cunce.
                                                  "Ok Google GFYL"

Comment

Swimming off the 40 foot with my daughter today and this fucking huge grey head pops up from the water. Huge fuck off seal. We start swimming in towards the steps and there are 5 or 6 of them swimming behind us. Great craic. Can imagine the daughter regailing her classmates with Ill never wear a life jacket again type spiel. Never ever have I seen them so close and never in such a big group.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                      Swimming off the 40 foot with my daughter today and this fucking huge grey head pops up from the water. Huge fuck off seal. We start swimming in towards the steps and there are 5 or 6 of them swimming behind us. Great craic. Can imagine the daughter regailing her classmates with Ill never wear a life jacket again type spiel. Never ever have I seen them so close and never in such a big group.

hate to rain on your parade but Strewelpeter and his mates swim there all the time. Easy mistake..

Comment

Fracking anomaly.

I'm touched by your concern for the fate of the planet and agree that we should indeed be doing everything possible to reduce the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere.
                                                        I'm fully certain that your concern is no way connected to the desire of the corporate world to keep billions of Chinese, Indians and Africans in poverty as an abundant supply of, as good as free, labour to sew the labels onto the brands of the ludicrously overpriced tat that passes as luxury goods to the discerning consumer.

Comment

Just catching up really, not even at 50% of USA's per capita output...

edit, my data's 4 years old

Comment

I was looking at the QC-25s as well and thinking about using a bluetooth adapter with them. They seem to be best in class for the noise cancellation.
                                                            Often decent value in airport if you're flying out anytime soon. Can check the price if ya remind me at some stage.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

The man just keeps giving.

Comment

@Tar - I inevitably pulled the trigger on headphones, went for these:

They review favourably to the QC-35s - as in a lot of places say the price difference is not justified. Got them from the warehouse in 'nearly new' condition i.e. 'Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged'. Price was £145 but got another £30 off for some unknown reason (prob 20% off warehouse items today or something).

The QC-25s would have cost around the same but I would probably have found myself spending ~€100 on the adapter to make them wireless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      It's worth bearing in mind the history of the ringleader -Raoul. That's the guy who has cheered on every killing of Israel and wanted you to move your lifetime savings to a bankrupt bank in Belgium despite zero risk.
                                                                      That's such an awful ad hominem that my only response is to sadly point out how poorly it reflects on you. For shame.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                        The man just keeps giving.

lol, such a bunch of bullshit.

There's gonna be some piss taken out of that. A meme creator's heaven.
                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Bit of a sad reflection on this amazing thread where pointing out that Russia interfering in elections is exactly what US does every day is a treasonous comment. While also suggesting that maybe our lives should be individually complete enough to not have to make fake enemies.
                                                                          You been watching a fair bit of Russia Today?

Straight from their playbook, the "sure we are all as bad as each other so haha lets not worry about it" angle!

Yanks are cunts too, as are the Brits... doesn't change the point!

Comment

The leader of the free world is a traitor.

At least Helsinki woke everyone up to the fact. Putin.must be laughing his ass off - it's all winning for him. His main adversary in total disarray.

Comment

That's exceptional stuff from trump, there's no point in getting annoyed anymore, needs to be enjoyed for the entertainment it is
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

And, I repeat, the Russian State (led by the autocrat, Putin) is not a 'fake enemy'. It's a very real one - they actively want to undermine our democratic institutions, particularly the EU. Look at the rise of all the political forces in Europe preaching a Trumpian line on Russia together with an anti-EU rhetoric. Coincidence? Not a bit - this is the Russian playbook at work.

Comment

LMAO

Its like that Candid Camera type show with the oul wans but with Putin talking into Trump's ear telling him what the next ridiculous thing he should do

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    And, I repeat, the Russian State (led by the autocrat, Putin) is not a 'fake enemy'. It's a very real one - they actively want to undermine our democratic institutions, particularly the EU. Look at the rise of all the political forces in Europe preaching a Trumpian line on Russia together with an anti-EU rhetoric. Coincidence? Not a bit - this is the Russian playbook at work.
                                                                                    EU shouldn't have meddled with Russia's borders.

Comment

EU shouldn't have meddled with Russia's borders.
                                                                                      Da, Oleg.

Comment

"In a key sentence in my remarks, I said the word 'pussy' instead of 'hand' ... The sentence should've been: 'grab them by the hand"

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          LMAO

Its like that Candid Camera type show with the oul wans but with Putin talking into Trump's ear telling him what the next ridiculous thing he should do
                                                                                          You can picture Putin beside one of his cronies "ah he'll never go for this surely"
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

At least now that he is full faith in his intelligence agencies, maybe he'll STFU about the Mueller enquiry.

Comment

Cheap laptop market much the same place as 5 years ago?

Don't see a massive difference in the machines, but probably just me missing something stupid

Comment

Cheap laptop market much the same place as 5 years ago?

Don't see a massive difference in the machines, but probably just me missing something stupid
                                                                                                Couldn't recommend a Chromebook enough if you don't actually need windows
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  Couldn't recommend a Chromebook enough if you don't actually need windows
                                                                                                  What price range should I be looking at to get a decent one?
                                                                                                  (how long is that piece of string?)

Nearly bought this earlier just because of £99

Comment

What price range should I be looking at to get a decent one?
                                                                                                    (how long is that piece of string?)

Nearly bought this earlier just because of £99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-C202SA...A3P5ROKL5A1OLE
                                                                                                    Mine was about 300 delivered. It's an Acer with a touchscreen.
                                                                                                    You get like 10 hours battery, starts in less than 10 seconds. No brainer for most needs.

Get one with 4gb ram . They all have ssds or that other similar drive. if you wanna go cheaper 2gb would run most might get slow with 10 tabs open and streaming at same time or something but will do.

If you want it for torrents etc don't get it, if you're happy to stream everything and just for browsing etc you're good. You can get all Android apps on them now too
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        That's exceptional stuff from trump, there's no point in getting annoyed anymore, needs to be enjoyed for the entertainment it is
                                                                                                        The wifes uncle was over from Boston a while back and I asked him how do they perceive Trump over there.

He said 'the same as you. Except we don't think it's funny".

Comment

...

Comment

They're a bit shite, unlike your bro. 48 of them - 10 might graduate, 15 of the others are decent prospects, but 23 or so need to be given the boot as they're just using it for the visa. Painful process though as there will be tears and legal threats on each of those 23 occasions.
                                                                                                            It's hardly 48 fully funded PhDs though? I think a couple are going down that route from my course but Dublin making 12-16k seems like torture for 4 years.

Comment

520,000 Ronaldo Juve jerseys sold in 24 hours compared to 850,000 Juve jerseys sold for the whole of last season.

Obviously the club only get a fraction of the sale amount but that is a phenomenal amount of shirts to sell in 24 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                                Had a first myself in the mediterranean last week.
                                                                                                                Whilst swimming along, noticed a little fish following me and it looked incredibly like a little shark, but with a flat head. Kept swimming and playing around with it, and it then latched on to my leg for a free ride.
                                                                                                                It dawned on me this was my first pilot fish and first symbiotic relationship. must be the fact i now look like a small whale or a decent sized shark.
                                                                                                                Relationship didn't last long though, as it refused to come into my world and meet the family, so swam off to find a new friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  At least Helsinki woke everyone up to the fact.
                                                                                                                  Thought you were talking about 'Money Heist' here

Great Netflix series, if you don't mind fast speaking Spanish. I could imagine Hitch being the Professor

Comment

He must have an absurd HU record at this stage?
                                                                                                                    Bonomo shipped the One Drop for $10m to put him top of the All-Time money list on $43m. The money list doesn't sit well with some of the older pros though, because there are so many of these super highrollers with really small fields.

He's won the last 10 times when he got HU, and 14 of the last 15. He's beaten some top players HU in that spell (Mateos x3, Shindler, Schulman, Antonios, Steve O Dwyer, Negreanu, Kempe, Holz)

Pretty phenomenal record.

Comment

Sitting in the airport in futureventua. This spot is very underestimated. Absolutely beautiful place to visit. Even the airport is stunning. So. Those of you who were or are regular lanza visitors. Drop it and come here!

Was a good summer, 2 hols in 4 weeks. Gonna be a depressing few days to get back in to the swing of things.
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        Sitting in the airport in futureventua. This spot is very underestimated. Absolutely beautiful place to visit. Even the airport is stunning. So. Those of you who were or are regular lanza visitors. Drop it and come here!

Was a good summer, 2 hols in 4 weeks. Gonna be a depressing few days to get back in to the swing of things.
                                                                                                                        GFYSN

Comment

Did Zuutroy or someone else eat in Belcanto in Lisbon?

Heading for a short stay over there next month and contemplating pulling the trigger.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X