Irish Poker Boards
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old 11-07-18, 18:35   #37941
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
An Englishman and Frenchman are chatting in a bar. Englishman says " we're playing Croatia on Wednesday" the Frenchman says " what a coincidence, we're playing them Sunday".
If any of you lot BBV Croatia I will hunt you down and kill you. I may not follow football, but I can't stand the arrogance of the fkrs and I don't want to listen to the commentators till the day I die bang on about 1966 AND 2018
MrsFlushdraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 18:36   #37942
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
If any of you lot BBV Croatia I will hunt you down and kill you. I may not follow football, but I can't stand the arrogance of the fkrs and I don't want to listen to the commentators till the day I die bang on about 1966 AND 2018
If you don't follow football you won't hear the commentators so problem solved now run along and make some tea and sandwiches like a good woman

On another note, heard some sports shops in Scotland sold out of Croatia jerseys and couldn't keep up with demand lol
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 18:43   #37943
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

How do you raise money for a massive balloon that portrays Trump as a baby and manage to get the direction of his hair part wrong. Quite tilting.
Old 11-07-18, 18:51   #37944
TheJiggaman

Investments aren't included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
It's that time again When looking at maximum pension contributions I assume it's based on total earnings per year? That would include bonus'? How about investments?

TheJiggaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 18:52   #37945
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobby View Post
If you don't follow football you won't hear the commentators so problem solved now run along and make some tea and sandwiches like a good woman

On another note, heard some sports shops in Scotland sold out of Croatia jerseys and couldn't keep up with demand lol
Haha My hubby has it on and can't get away from it lol. It used to bug me as a kid/teen when I was right into football. Just got fed up as I got older.
I am sitting in East Midlands airport in the Croatia colours
Thanks From:
Old 11-07-18, 18:56   #37946
dobby

Quote:
Haha My hubby has it on and can't get away from it lol. It used to bug me as a kid/teen when I was right into football. Just got fed up as I got older.
I am sitting in East Midlands airport in the Croatia colours
Which as luck would have it are also the England colours so you'll fit in lol
Old 11-07-18, 18:58   #37947
Dice75
Bringing the Mac

Quote:
Ye had your chance 4 years ago and pussied out. Sing your anthem and support your Overlords like a good Commonwealth lady there

2018 Live Irish Poker Rankings

Dice75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 11-07-18, 19:06   #37948
DeadParrot
Grand High Wizard

uh oh
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks From:
Old 11-07-18, 19:12   #37949
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Quote:
Which as luck would have it are also the England colours so you'll fit in lol
They will know who I am supporting if they get an equaliser.

The fkn roar of the cunts here. Reserved tables for a bunch of them all round the big TV's at the bar.
Thanks From:
Old 11-07-18, 19:16   #37950
dobby

Quote:
They will know who I am supporting if they get an equaliser.

The fkn roar of the cunts here. Reserved tables for a bunch of them all round the big TV's at the bar.
Imagine that. A bar in an English airport full of English people cheering on England. Outrageous
Thanks From:
Old 11-07-18, 19:30   #37951
V for Vendetta
Shameless

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
Pension charges.
Just read a big pdf file there, great fun.

Allocation seems to be 99%, is that good. It seems a nice high figure.

charges

Also

But the biggie I think is this one.

Does that mean what I think it means, that someone is taking 33% of my first year contributions and a small but steady percentage afterwards?
That seems, well, wrong.

Apols for boring everyone.
Can I just preface this by saying I don’t want your business AJ or anyone else’s as this really isn’t the end of the pensions market I’m in.

If you just went shopping online you’d have gotten better value. 99% allocation is shit when 100% allocation is available online with no advice or sales overhead. And it’s not like the advice you got was great...

The annual charges aren’t great either but personal pension products are typically poor value. You’re basically paying 1.15% pa for a standard enough fund. You could get 1% online and maybe better with a good adviser.

The charges on that 75k savings product are certainly worth a review as well as I’d say you’re being rodgered. Are you still in your cooling off period?

By way of comparison I’m looking after a guys 2.15m pot at the minute and only charging 5k (we look after his companies corporate plan hence why I’m bothering) No ongoing charges and I’ll charge a review fee if he needs a review. Better advice and lower charges. Big windows in that bank.
Old 11-07-18, 19:36   #37952
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Quote:
Imagine that. A bar in an English airport full of English people cheering on England. Outrageous
I am not sitting near them lol. I nearly shit myself as I am working down the back of the departure lounge!

So that isn't what I am meaning. Just the noise of them!
Old 11-07-18, 19:52   #37953
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

Spent 5 hours in East Midlands once. Premium lounge is essential.
Old 11-07-18, 19:55   #37954
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

Good call on Ile Aux Moines Hitch. There’s fuuuuck all near the campsite though. Basically 20 min drive to any civilization. Don’t know how you managed sans car. Nice place though.
Old 11-07-18, 20:04   #37955
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuutroy View Post
Good call on Ile Aux Moines Hitch. There’s fuuuuck all near the campsite though. Basically 20 min drive to any civilization. Don’t know how you managed sans car. Nice place though.
Yeah we became best friends with the local taxi driver. Well not sure about friends, but we definitely funded at least one of his kids through college in fares so he'll remember us fondly.

Ile aux Moines is quite lovely! Presume you've been to places like Vannes before? Can't imagine its too much of a trip in the car. Lot of nice things to do there. Think Raoul was impressed with it too.
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 20:05   #37956
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 20:12   #37957
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
Yeah we became best friends with the local taxi driver. Well not sure about friends, but we definitely funded at least one of his kids through college in fares so he'll remember us fondly.

Ile aux Moines is quite lovely! Presume you've been to places like Vannes before? Can't imagine its too much of a trip in the car. Lot of nice things to do there. Think Raoul was impressed with it too.
Planning on taking the bus in. Find driving in cities stressful on the wrong side of the road and the car and it being a manual. Fucked up on one of those red and black arrow right of way roads yesterday which resulted in the gendarmerie following me for a couple of stressful km.
Old 11-07-18, 20:19   #37958
MrsFlushdraw
5 Star Mammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuutroy View Post
Spent 5 hours in East Midlands once. Premium lounge is essential.
Not worth 80 quid for us though as we were here since 11.30 this morning.

Been sitting in Castle Rock, done the job. They have a kids play area and the little one has made some new friends.
Old 11-07-18, 20:23   #37959
zuutroy
Minor Local Celebrity

Christ, for that long it has to be close even in terms of food and drinks consumed!
Old 11-07-18, 20:27   #37960
bp_me

Bit of an odd one.. perhaps someone in recruiting might have some insight.

I have an interview (for a job I really really want) on Monday morning. The recruiter has just sent me an email asking I bring passport and utility bill to the interview for them to take a copy to pass to their "pre-screening" company in the event of a successful interview.

Now I've been out of the interview game for some time now but surely this is highly unusual?

Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker