Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      In the mood to play some hungover pool, google says the palace is open at 11am but that's hardly right is up? Probably have to go to Ned Kellys?
      Mcgrattans baggot street pool tables

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Meh your wrong. And that's the type of negativity that ruins a lot of people's ideas of getting better. Not to me, I'm grand. But it's a fairly awful life attitude to have that people can't get addicted to stuff and then successfully work out a solution to that.
        If you can't handle one negative opinion when you are at your lowest and should be most motivated you have no chance.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-05-18, 15:26.

Comment

Comment

I will do!
              In the short term it might be worth getting some vitamin b supplements. They were giving it to me intravenously for a few weeks in hospital, even though I hadn't had a drink for 4 weeks before being admitted.

Can't really imagine you being a 12 stepper though. Found the few meetings I went to only made me jealous of other peoples drinking stories, and wanted to attempt to reenact them.

It looks from your posts here that you really only go on the rip when you are away from home in a hotel on your tod. Would it be a problem career wise to just not go on such trips anymore?
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-05-18, 16:03.

Comment

Is there anything to be said for saying another mass?
                  airport, lol

Comment

Comment

...Need tech help badly...I have 5 mp4 videos that I made myself, and I uploaded to labtop... I need to edit (literally just cut some sections out) then convert them into one file that I can upload to YouTube...
                      ...Whats the best program for it...I'm clueless as to how to do it, I've downloaded windows movie maker but not sure if I can edit parts of the video... the windows dvd maker on my labtop won't accept mp4 videos...Stressed...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                        ...Need tech help badly...I have 5 mp4 videos that I made myself, and I uploaded to labtop... I need to edit (literally just cut some sections out) then convert them into one file that I can upload to YouTube...
                        ...Whats the best program for it...I'm clueless as to how to do it, I've downloaded windows movie maker but not sure if I can edit parts of the video... the windows dvd maker on my labtop won't accept mp4 videos...Stressed...
                        Windows Movie maker should allow you to import them.

Were they shot at the orgy?
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

May sound terribly cliche Hitch but admitting to yourself you've a problem is a huge step.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post

Did you get any pms?

Obv don't want to know any details but curious to know if we've any undecideds here.

Comment

[QUOTE=Zod;1070767]Windows Movie maker should allow you to import them.

Were they shot at the orgy?[
                              ...Can I snip parts of the video out when I import it?... and ha no it's not orgy related...Some audition I had to do, and repeated some questions to answer right, so need to be able to cut it out...
                              ...if anyone lives in Dublin 12 and wants to help, by all means offer!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                Did you get any pms?

Obv don't want to know any details but curious to know if we've any undecideds here.
                                one pm, but an offer to help rather than any questions

Comment

out when I import it?... and ha no it's not orgy related...Some audition I had to do, and repeated some questions to answer right, so need to be able to cut it out...
                                  movie maker has edit tools in it. If you want to stick the whole lot on youtube, send me the unlisted link and what parts you want cut out I can do it for you if you can't get Windows Movie Maker working (it's very straightforward though)

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                    There was another huge high stakes cash game last night only this time in short deck cash. I haven't watched very much of it as while I am sure it is loads of fun to play it is boring as shit to watch apart from the money involved is huge. The game plays pretty straightforward with just loads and loads of action. The swings though must be insane with equities running so close all the time. They were playing 3k/6k and a few people were already stuck around a million including Ivey and they were about to kick the blinds up to 5/10k.

I am presuming you need a 100m+ to be in anyway comfortable playing this game for these kinds of stakes? I can only assume that most of the people in the game actually have that kind of money as there was nothing but fun and laughing at the table even after some of the Asian players get two outed for million euro pots they take it in great humour.

Opr
                                    I've watched it all, and it's a fun game with so much gambol. Not boring at all to watch. Ivey is just gambling in it, making some strange plays, and throwing in 250k pre with all sorts of garbage! There's no blinds in the game though. Everyone pays a 3k ante, with the button paying 6k, so there's plenty of limping pre and so much money to steal. The button can name his own price because Durrrr threw in the odd 10k button ante.

The odds are a lot different to full deck holden with open-ended straight draws much more likely to come in for example, because there's no 2-5, with flushes less likely to come in for the same reason. The Asian players are all minted and no bother to them losing half a mill. Just joking around like it's peanuts.

Just to give an example of the gamble, check this link out from 3:00. Ivey has already stuck in 250k with J10s pre, and jammed 185k the first hand after he rebought with KJ on a 8910 board within a round or so of the table.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      I've watched it all, and it's a fun game with so much gambol. Not boring at all to watch. Ivey is just gambling in it, making some strange plays, and throwing in 250k pre with all sorts of garbage! There's no blinds in the game though. Everyone pays a 3k ante, with the button paying 6k, so there's plenty of limping pre and so much money to steal. The button can name his own price because Durrrr threw in the odd 10k button ante.

The odds are a lot different to full deck holden with open-ended straight draws much more likely to come in for example, because there's no 2-5, with flushes less likely to come in for the same reason. The Asian players are all minted and no bother to them losing half a mill. Just joking around like it's peanuts.

Just to give an example of the gamble, check this link out from 3:00. Ivey has already stuck in 250k with J10s pre, and jammed 185k the first hand after he rebought with KJ on a 8910 board within a round or so of the table.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/263146295
                                      I guess it depends on why you are watching. There just isn't much high-level play that is interesting to dissect or watch. Most of the time it boils down to, gambooooool. Like if you up the stakes watching a couple of guys draw for high cards, it is fun to watch for a while but it gets boring pretty quick.

There was one interesting hand I watched. Something like preflop there was a raise and call and one of the players three-bets the button. The guy on the button gets led into for 60k on a flop 778 by one of the better Asian players with 10,10. The button raises to 200k. It is really hard for the guy on the button to have a hand that wants to raise that flop. An ace on the turn gets checked through and on the river, the button shoves when check to and the guy (Tan?) calls it off with 10,10.

Given the number of cards removed from the deck which decreases the number of combinations, it is hard not to see solvers killing it as a game pretty quickly.

Opr

Comment

Meh your wrong. And that's the type of negativity that ruins a lot of people's ideas of getting better. Not to me, I'm grand. But it's a fairly awful life attitude to have that people can't get addicted to stuff and then successfully work out a solution to that.
                                        Not a general attitude. People have been telling you here for years to get help, to give up the drink, and you have said that you would, but you haven't shared any information about being serious and trying to kick the alcohol. I really hope you do as you have a career and young family, even aside from wanting you to do it for yourself.

I hope you can post in future how wrong I actually was, but I don't get the sense that you are serious about getting the help you need. Obviously we only see what you share which could be putting a worse or better slant on things, but from your posting here it has been obvious for years that alcohol was not good for you.

Comment

This is how you do it Lazare - prepay for your prayers....just in case....

Former Taoiseach Liam Cosgrave has left more than €33m in his will, including €6,000 for Masses to be said for his soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                            This is how you do it Lazare - prepay for your prayers....just in case....

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36926344.html
                                            220 houses into 16 acres ?

10 acre field across from me, housing estate scale, u would struggle to get 50-80 from my drunken arithmetic.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

10 acre field across from me, housing estate scale, u would struggle to get 50-80 from my drunken arithmetic.
                                              Probably 3 storey terraced with no front & minimal back gardens. Seem to be the vogue. Would hate them personally, lots of people walking 2 foot outside your front window gawping in at you.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                Not a general attitude. People have been telling you here for years to get help, to give up the drink, and you have said that you would, but you haven't shared any information about being serious and trying to kick the alcohol. I really hope you do as you have a career and young family, even aside from wanting you to do it for yourself.

I hope you can post in future how wrong I actually was, but I don't get the sense that you are serious about getting the help you need. Obviously we only see what you share which could be putting a worse or better slant on things, but from your posting here it has been obvious for years that alcohol was not good for you.
                                                Not going to pick Hitch out but a drinker is pretty serious when they say they wish they could quit, they know their life would be so much better without alcohol, its a constant struggle, and unless you have been in that tumble dryer of on off binges you just dont know. You just done know.

I work a shift that is a month of days and a month of nights, work every second wekend. Nights weekends will be fri sat and sun 7.30pm to am, get home monday at 8am and feel great, delighted the break my body got from the sauce. Ill get drunk monday and feel like shit till i have a drink tuesday etc....rinse and repeat.

When im on days, i drink almost every day.

Functioning alcoholic i think its called, i dont have any withdrawl when i dont drink but life without it would just be so fucking boring.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Seems a Garda has shot a suspect in that Jastine Valdez missing person case https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...shot-1.3501945
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Not going to pick Hitch out but a drinker is pretty serious when they say they wish they could quit, they know their life would be so much better without alcohol, its a constant struggle, and unless you have been in that tumble dryer of on off binges you just dont know. You just done know.

I work a shift that is a month of days and a month of nights, work every second wekend. Nights weekends will be fri sat and sun 7.30pm to am, get home monday at 8am and feel great, delighted the break my body got from the sauce. Ill get drunk monday and feel like shit till i have a drink tuesday etc....rinse and repeat.

Functioning alcoholic i think its called, i dont have any withdrawl when i dont drink but life without it would just be so fucking boring.
                                                    Thankfully I don't know. However I don't think me saying nothing or saying 'you can do it' are much use, not that my 'I don't believe you stance I either maybe', but I think what I'm trying to get at is that hopefully a bit of scepticism is challenging the 'oh I willl' to not just be pointless empty words.

If it is counter productive, I'll just go back to saying nothing.

Comment

So... as a licenced peddler of said drug I shouldn't break the code and say this but... the boredom passes and once it does, this sorta thing should happen:

Scene from Limitless in which the main character Eddie takes a pill called NZT for the first time which allows him to unlock 100% of his "brain power."

Won't last thought (because you will get used to it and it becomes the norm) so needs to be used while it does!
                                                      Last edited by Guest; 20-05-18, 20:39.

Comment

Last chance to get your votes in for the Music King final:

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                          Seems a Garda has shot a suspect in that Jastine Valdez missing person case https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...shot-1.3501945
                                                          That all seems a bit fucked up. Sounds like she was just randomly grabbed into a car.

Now they've shot your man dead with no sign of her.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            Thankfully I don't know. However I don't think me saying nothing or saying 'you can do it' are much use, not that my 'I don't believe you stance I either maybe', but I think what I'm trying to get at is that hopefully a bit of scepticism is challenging the 'oh I willl' to not just be pointless empty words.

If it is counter productive, I'll just go back to saying nothing.
                                                            Counter productive ? no, thats a negative, a nudge every now and then is ok, a constant reminder may push someone over the edge, i dint know, if that person is defiant by nature and will rebel against best practice thats them, fuck all u can do about that.

When i was a smoker, 30 a day, i couldent see a life not smoking, im off them 5.5 years, and its such a better life without them.

I know this as a drinker, i have had this internal argument comparing smoking to drinking, i know my life would be so much better, health, relationships etc but i cant see it, even though i know it.
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

life without it would just be so fucking boring.
                                                              Can't imagine anything more boring than using the same drug to re create a stupor over and again and TBF drugs don't come much more boring than alcohol.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Crow black chicken live on nova now

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Can't imagine anything more boring than using the same drug to re create a stupor over and again and TBF drugs don't come much more boring than alcohol.
                                                                  Thats the kicker ! 100%
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Nice to see the guards have taken to extra-judicial execution of suspects.

Comment

Comment

Stupid americans ruining a good story

Dedicated to Ray and Walter Cichon along with my drummer from The Castiles, Bart Haynes.

High Hopes is a great album, but I have to say of the twelve songs, "The Wall" is my favorite. Back in the mid '60s, Bruce was in a band called the Castiles....

its worth a second listen with lyrics.
                                                                          Last edited by oleras; 20-05-18, 22:49.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

movie maker has edit tools in it. If you want to stick the whole lot on youtube, send me the unlisted link and what parts you want cut out I can do it for you if you can't get Windows Movie Maker working (it's very straightforward though)
                                                                            ...Thanks very much for offering, but it's good now...Had a meltdown because couldn't get it done, but eventually got VSDC free video editor and managed to it...Literally just finished, and it is exporting as I type...Now to hope I can rotate it after exporting it, and get it on to where I need it...
                                                                            ....Cheers!!!....

Comment

All killing by default is extra-judicial unless something has changed recently in Irish court systems. So adding that term is just American nonsense.
                                                                              It's redundant, for the reason you pointed out. But I'm not sure what makes it American.
                                                                              Referring the to extra-judicial descriptor that is, shooting random suspects is of course a defining americanism

Originally posted by Dice75
                                                                              Probably 3 storey terraced with no front & minimal back gardens. Seem to be the vogue. Would hate them personally, lots of people walking 2 foot outside your front window gawping in at you.
                                                                              16 acres is 64,000 sqm, typical urban estate site is maybe 200spm. Take away roads and open spaces and 220 sounds about right for a site of two story houses with front and back gardens.

Typical mid-density is 10-16 per acre.
                                                                              Higher density residential (town houses, terraces, etc) would be 16-22/acre.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Definitely not in the hipster part of Brooklyn. Win.

Disappointing lack of wiseguys, pimps and rotund cops though so may have to jettison all stereotypes.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Isn't it some some sort of US cop tv term?
                                                                                      Nope.
                                                                                      It's a legal term. Commonly used when discussing execution/capital punishment but not isolated to that.
                                                                                      During an abortion referendum rabbithole last week I ended up reading about capital punishment in Ireland and it came up a lot.

In addition to the judicial executions, Free State troops conducted many extrajudicial killings of captured anti-Treaty fighters. From an early point in the war, from late August 1922 (coinciding with the onset of guerrilla warfare), there were many incidents of National Army troops killing prisoners.
                                                                                      The draft version of the 1922 Constitution of the Irish Free State included a ban on capital punishment, but the Dáil did not adopt this, so the relevant British laws continued in force. The death penalty was retained because of the outbreak of the 1922–3 Civil War. As well as the existing British laws, the "Special Powers Act" (actually a resolution rather than an act) was passed by the Third Dáil on 26 September 1922 authorising military tribunals to impose death sentences on the anti-Treaty forces. During the Civil War the Free State government executed 81 captured anti-Treaty fighters by firing squad, as well as ordering extra-judicial killings.

Comment

A minister of state has claimed that he has been barred from sponsoring his godson at a Confirmation Mass because of his views on abortion.

Lol Catholic church.
                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          Lets say I get check-raised on the river and I have the option of polling a bunch of high stakes professionals on what they think I should do in the spot or I can put it to a vote of everyone who has read supersystem. I know which I would prefer to do. Just because you contribute to the process doesn't mean it is in a net positive way to the outcome. I get why it is done the other way.
                                                                                          I dont really see how that analogy plays out in the real world without major repercussions. Abortion? Leave it to doctors to decide if its legal. Lending laws? leave it to the bankers. Zoning laws, membership to the EU, death penalty, divorce etc should all be decided by people with skin in the game?
                                                                                          To steal a RDIII favourite, Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the others. What you are proposing is replacing the democratic process with I dunno ,sortition or plutocracy.

If someone comes to the choice that they are abstaining because they are ill-equipped to make a decision or that they have given consideration to the information and still can't find what they feel is the correct decision then I think it is a reasonable stance. This conversation isn't really anything to do with the current issue of abortion. It is more that I find myself on the other side of the fence to you in understanding why someone can make what I feel is a reasonable choice not to vote and in many cases what I feel is probably a better choice than many people who choose to vote.

Opr

I dunno, I never felt a Brewster's Millions none of the above is really a valid choice.
                                                                                          It's like voting Dustin for President.
                                                                                          Ultimately it's kicking the problem (whatever it may be) down the road to do over again in later years/months.

..
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

...Can I snip parts of the video out when I import it?... and ha no it's not orgy related...Some audition I had to do, and repeated some questions to answer right, so need to be able to cut it out...
                                                                                            I'm in D20 if you get stuck
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              Definitely not in the hipster part of Brooklyn. Win.

Disappointing lack of wiseguys, pimps and rotund cops though so may have to jettison all stereotypes.
                                                                                              Sals little Italy for the later
                                                                                              Criff Dogs/Please Don't Tell should scratch that hipster itch

Comment

Nice to see the guards have taken to extra-judicial execution of suspects.
                                                                                                Yeah you have to imagine there was something more to it than that.
                                                                                                I imagine they thought she was in the car while he was waving the knife around or something.

Between that and the poor girl in Lucan it's been a strange few days crime wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                  I really fear for what is going to come from this case in terms of who killed her, how, and why.
                                                                                                  Yeah. I think the how is pretty well known. The why depending on the who will be bad especially if its an immature reason

Comment

Jamie Bolger with teenagers by the sounds of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                      Jamie Bolger with teenagers by the sounds of it.
                                                                                                      Yeah that's the common consensus at the moment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        Yeah that's the common consensus at the moment
                                                                                                        Somebody mention (on Facebook) that they had two boys for it. But none of the news stories I read mention anything like that.
                                                                                                        Any link to latest?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                          Somebody mention (on Facebook) that they had two boys for it. But none of the news stories I read mention anything like that.
                                                                                                          Any link to latest?
                                                                                                          It was in the times yesterday that they were questioning two teenage boys. Only saw the headline.
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            Any link to latest?
                                                                                                            It's all a bit nancy drew (from the masses) at the moment.
                                                                                                            Some fella knocked on her door and she left with him
                                                                                                            them met up with another fella
                                                                                                            fella one says he then went home
                                                                                                            fella two says they split up on the way home, then he was attacked by two men, hence him having bloodstains on his clothes
                                                                                                            so they are looking for the two men who attacked her but using the clothes as part of investigation

Comment

Congratulations to our new Music King Hectorjelly

Comment

...

Comment

I'm in D20 if you get stuck
                                                                                                                  ...Thanks but no thanks...It just took the 15 hours to do!!!...I finally managed to upload it, and it had turned fucking sideways...Must apologies to my mam, had one or two meltdowns that clearly scared her...

Comment

It's all a bit nancy drew (from the masses) at the moment.
                                                                                                                    Some fella knocked on her door and she left with him
                                                                                                                    them met up with another fella
                                                                                                                    fella one says he then went home
                                                                                                                    fella two says they split up on the way home, then he was attacked by two men, hence him having bloodstains on his clothes
                                                                                                                    so they are looking for the two men who attacked her but using the clothes as part of investigation

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dubli...iegel-14682178
                                                                                                                    Just looking at the picture in the article, I know exactly where that farmhouse it. Kinda chilling being so close to home.

I imagine it's going to be pretty trivial to test the blood stains. Determining male or female blood wouldn't take long.

Comment

It's all a bit nancy drew (from the masses) at the moment]
                                                                                                                      Find that all weird and ghoulish for the public to be following/interested in the details of something like this. There's plenty of whodunits on afternoon telly for people to speculate on if that's what they're in to.

Comment

Yes going really short on the exchanges now. Market really has a pre American election/Brexit feel to it(albeit on a much smaller scale).
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Hadn't heard much about the woman that was killed. Just saw her body has been found. Such a shame

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X