Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    BOD keeps saying that he thinks Munster are 2 to 3 years behind Leinster in their development and it’s looking like it today. Racing are getting the tries that Toulon failed to in the qtr final. Keatley having a few brain farts and the defence being a little slow to get to the pitch of it doesn’t help either. Very much like Clermont v Leinster last year.
    2-3 years and the rest. Jack McGrath was on the Leinster bench yesterday a very good international young Porter as well Larmour Carberry Conan all players who would start at Ulster or Munster. An assembly line of young talent vkmjng through the academies and schools as well.

Comment

There’s something about your default tone of everything being fake news unless you are personally aware of it that grinds my gears a bit Jack.

Here you go doubting Thomas.
      Ok bit of a weird response but cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
        I think Leinster had the beating of Clermont last year but were caught early rather then been outclassed which is what is happening to Munster today.
        Munster had the beating of Racing in both of their earlier games this season so I’m not sure it’s a case of being outclassed as such. Not pretty today though.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Ok bit of a weird response but cheers.
          See the bit I bolded in your question. Like why the fuck would I make it up?

Or is it that you think I’m incapable of reading and remembering stuff?

Anyway I think it’s something that’s ingrained in you at this stage so I’ll leave it there.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

See the bit I bolded in your question. Like why the fuck would I make it up?

Or is it that you think I’m incapable of reading and remembering stuff?

Anyway I think it’s something that’s ingrained in you at this stage so I’ll leave it there.
            Ok your reading way too much into that.

Calm down.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
              2-3 years and the rest. Jack McGrath was on the Leinster bench yesterday a very good international young Porter as well Larmour Carberry Conan all players who would start at Ulster or Munster. An assembly line of young talent vkmjng through the academies and schools as well.
              Leinsters depth is the huge outlier though.

Plenty of examples of other top clubs who experienced success who wouldn’t have had that sort of depth. Including Leinster when they were winning Heineken Cups. Munster are capable of getting a strong 15 together over the 2-3 years and subject to a good injury profile winning Europe. Plenty of previous examples.

Anyway hopefully they can dig in a bit in the 2nd half here.

Comment

Ok your reading way too much into that.

Calm down.
                Lol. I think you might have a bigger ego than I thought.

Calm down indeed

Comment

Lol. I think you might have a bigger ego than I thought.

Calm down indeed
                  I wasn't doubting you it was written in a conversational way I am sorry its upset you so much but thanks for giving me the information on it.

Enjoy the rest of the game.

Comment

Good pride in the jersey there. Best team won but at least it didn’t get ugly from a Munster perspective. A few players back from injury and a bit of bitterness will bring Munster on. They do need a top class 10 though.

Racing will be a serious obstacle in the final. No walk over that’s for sure.

Comment

I wasn't doubting you it was written in a conversational way I am sorry its upset you so much but thanks for giving me the information on it.

Enjoy the rest of the game.
                      Jack you didn’t upset me. It’s an Internet forum. But your style just grinds my gears as I said.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                        I'd be in situ cos I wouldn't be driving and I'd be looking forward to getting full of G&T afterwards meeting everybody from home! So while you might think you've got something comparable, the reality is that they couldn't be further apart for me.
                        It’s sports entertainment versus the parish innit.

Comment

Good pride in the jersey there. Best team won but at least it didn’t get ugly from a Munster perspective. A few players back from injury and a bit of bitterness will bring Munster on. They do need a top class 10 though.

Racing will be a serious obstacle in the final. No walk over that’s for sure.
                          Should have been more than pride though. Gave them a ridiculously soft lead but the game was lost with the lack of return from the 20-40 minutes spell of the match imo. Didn't have the composure to give ourselves a chance in the 2nd half. Leinster are far more complete and I thoroughly expect and hope you will beat them comfortably.

Comment

Music King

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

On episode 6 of The Alienist and would recommend it. Very good watch. On Netflix since Thursday.

Comment

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                    On episode 6 of The Alienist and would recommend it. Very good watch. On Netflix since Thursday.
                                    I finished watching Troy: Fall of a City on Netlfix last night. The casting left a lot to be desired, and there was very little charisma shown by any of the characters, or chemistry involving Helen. The script was pretty shoddy too, which led to a few wooden performances, and it was very hard to bond with any of the characters. But for some reason, i actually enjoyed it. Some scenes get you emotionally involved one way or the other so i'm glad i stayed with it!

Comment

Just starting episode 10 !

@solks, thats the second time i heard GNR today , in the shop earlier and paradise city was playing...while i was watching a young one steal an icecream, cheaky bitch stared at me as if to say...what u gona do about it ? lol
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I'd be in situ cos I wouldn't be driving and I'd be looking forward to getting full of G&T afterwards meeting everybody from home! So while you might think you've got something comparable, the reality is that they couldn't be further apart for me.
                                        But you'd stay to the final whistle and not be looking to beat the crowds to The Big Tree.

My point is from what I can see a large majority who go to Leinster(myself included) fail to get caught up in the moment or care all that much. It leads to a very artifical feeling. And I don't really buy into the franchise thing either. Liverpool are one of the biggest franchises in sport but you can sure there'll be an atmosphere that befits a European semi final there on Tuesday night. That sense of occasion was completely void yesterday from the get go.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                          You know you're middle-aged when looking at that and thinking 'nice kitchen'.

Comment

What the fuck is Mickey Harte doing wading into the referendum using the GAA brand, hes British isn't he ?
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              What the fuck is Mickey Harte doing wading into the referendum using the GAA brand, hes British isn't he ?
                                              What the fuck were bus loads of Dubs doing heading to Belfast to protest the not guilty rape verdict. And protesting at the spire in Dublin. They're Irish aren't they

Comment

Same as it ever was, the gaa are are nothing but the paramilitary wing of the fucking church

Comment

Not the first time he's dragged the GAA's name through the muck with his particular brand of bizarro fundamentalism.

Comment

@5Star could you give me mod powers on the community games forum please? Want to edit some threads if possible.

Comment

Some very good images on Deep Atlantic program on RTE, its very good despite yer man being a bit of a pain.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some very good images on Deep Atlantic program on RTE, its very good despite yer man being a bit of a pain.

It's very good. I like his enthusiasm. Getting seasick with the camerashots which is probably a good thing. Dying for a bit o mackerel now

Comment

Anyone with a line on Heineken Cup final tickets please let me know. Have flights and accommodation and thought the tickets would be the easy bit!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                            @5Star could you give me mod powers on the community games forum please? Want to edit some threads if possible.
                                                            Ah bollix, didn't realise it was that much hassle. Don't worry bout it.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Should be done now.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                Should be done now.
                                                                You're a gent.

Comment

What the fuck were bus loads of Dubs doing heading to Belfast to protest the not guilty rape verdict. And protesting at the spire in Dublin. They're Irish aren't they
                                                                  Dude was a character witness for a sex attacker.
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

To use this thread in its purest form.

Tackled the MegaStack in the regency. 30K package to the Bahamas added.

The whole tournament, I can imagine messing around in the sea with a beautiful girl I fucked it up with by being a cretin. Lying on the beach with her and laughing and not giving a flying fucksicle about anything else.

In the whole world.

I can LITERALLY visualize it from the first hand.

Heads up. We get all the monies in. I have QQ v 1010. I cover him. This is actually going to happen. Im going to ask her to come. She will say Yes. We will laugh and she will forgive me.

The ten isnt quite in the window, but it is in there.

Universe says No.

Comment

Credit where it's due honda, you run a tight ship in the morning. 25 mins from walking into airport to being sat at my gate.

Busy too.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

That renowned investigative reporter Baz Ashmawy will be looking into gambling in Ireland on RTE1 tonight at 9.30.
                                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 23-04-18, 07:26.

Comment

I've a spare to the Rugby tomorrow if anybody fancies coming along, you'll be sitting next to me though!
                                                                            Originally posted by jbravado View Post

The whole tournament, I can imagine messing around in the sea with a beautiful girl I fucked it up with by being a cretin. Lying on the beach with her and laughing and not giving a flying fucksicle about anything else.

In the whole world.

Heads up. We get all the monies in. I have QQ v 1010. I cover him. This is actually going to happen. Im going to ask her to come. She will say Yes. We will laugh and she will forgive me.

Universe says No.
                                                                            Lenka will be in Bahamas too

Unlucky m8
                                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                              he could have lived out the rest of his comfortable life as a billionaire in Trump Tower, instead he made himself the biggest target in the world.
                                                                              Don't think there is many other people in the world who draw as much scrutiny or criticism as the President of America but Trump just can't seem to handle things well he lashes out in the most horrible & vitriol filled ways, he seems like a petty man.

I'd be highly skeptical he has as much as he claims to have.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                              Seeking an extension to file his returns with the IRS and publicising those returns are two completely different things.
                                                                              From what I understand a sitting President is automatically audited by the IRS, seeking the extension is I'd hazard a guess to try and obscure his tax returns from public scrutiny as it would be a deep dive into his assets.

Originally posted by oleras View Post

@solks, thats the second time i heard GNR today , in the shop earlier and paradise city was playing...while i was watching a young one steal an icecream, cheaky bitch stared at me as if to say...what u gona do about it ? lol
                                                                              From season 4 episode 4. All rights belong to HBO.More discussions at http://reddit.com/r/thewire
                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

In the whole world.

Universe says No.
                                                                                UL Sammy. Ring her up and and tell her the story and invite her to the Bahamas anyway. Too good an opportunity to right a previous mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I told the story before but my father on the metro in Paris is the funniest thing ever.

Some female pickpocket goes to rob him and he catches her hand. She looks at him with a smirk and he decides she’s right. WTF is he going to do about it? So he lands a punch on her and knocks her across the aisle. She gets up and fucks off and a bunch of french commuters don’t know where to look.

Comment

Jbravada. Puke. Take yer wan for a sunny Dublin lunch then ravish her in Stephens Green. - if possible consensual

Comment

UL Sammy. Ring her up and and tell her the story and invite her to the Bahamas anyway. Too good an opportunity to right a previous mistake.
                                                                                      Lol Olly, you say that like it was a meal in Joels that he lost out on.
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Nah Im blocked everywhere. Think its literally the universe telling me to let it go.

It was such a weird one. We met, moved in together quite literally the day after out first date,proper normal real life meeting not this Tinder etc rubbish, then spent probably the guts of a year with each other every single day.

We moved in with each other, I was playing in Zurich at the time. Eventually I dusted off my tank. Started not appreciating the present and scummy as it is, started messing around. Absolutely my biggest regret in life.

The fucked up thing though is I worked for like a year to try and win her back. Gestures etc and we spent weekends together abroad holidaying. The last time I saw her in person, she told me she still loved me.

Then, randomly one day she texted me, loads of spelling mistakes etc that she couldn't forgive me, and after a bit of me trying to argue the case for a year of us being best friends and back to where we were, blocked me on every forum. No phone call. That was six months ago. A text message... Had a pretty cataclysmic impact on me, and was in bed, pretty much for the guts of three months.

Surely the universe saying let it go, let her go, especially as I had two red queens in my hand. Pretty much no other way to interpret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                          Smugness levels at all-time highs.
                                                                                          Flights alone now €750.

We have everything (flights, accom, match tickets, trains, buses) for ~€500.

Smugness trending higher yet.
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                            Anyone with a line on Heineken Cup final tickets please let me know. Have flights and accommodation and thought the tickets would be the easy bit!
                                                                                            Try the boards forum, especially the Munster thread. Though be nice.
                                                                                            I'd say you'll be fine for tickets.

Flights alone now €750.

I'll be honest, such has been your level of smugness I was secretly funking for a Saracens v Racing final.

Comment

Don't forget he represented Ireland on the international stage with the classic we got the world tonight.
                                                                                              Still under appreciated to this day.
                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                Try the boards forum, especially the Munster thread. Though be nice.
                                                                                                I'd say you'll be fine for tickets.

I'll be honest, such has been your level of smugness I was secretly funking for a Saracens v Racing final.
                                                                                                I doubt tix will be a problem, surely they release a ton of them now.

It will be interesting to see how the share of fans breaks out between the two clubs and neutrals.

Comment

Nothing for me to worry about but was looking up GDPR stuff and spotted this tweet, might be something for one or two here to look into.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    Lol Olly, you say that like it was a meal in Joels that he lost out on.
                                                                                                    You’d do a nice week in the Bahamas for less than 4K. Not cheap but affordable. I was assuming he won a decent few quid for 2nd.

It’s obvious from Sammy’s reply money ain’t the issue but access which is 100% a legit reason. I just never like letting money be the obstacle. There’s nearly always a way.

If ultimately it was about getting her back then I was thinking this could still be the excuse. From what Sammy has now said it wouldn’t have mattered even if he did win the prize. And that was also the universes message I’m guessing. Or maybe it was just a fucking ten on the flop.

When I first met my future wife I made a balls of staying in touch with her. When we mutually and independently engineered a meeting two months later I didn’t fuck around and waste the second chance. Less than a month later she had agreed to a foreign holiday with me (even though I barely had a pound to my name). We just made it work and we stayed in the best place we could afford in Paris. Money comes and goes I guess.

PS haven’t been to Joel’s in 20 years. Just always find it so awkward to get to.

Comment

Just seen that the rockstar young chef Matt, who got harshly turfed out in the Masterchef professional semifinals, died running the London marathon yesterday. Life is so precious and we waste it on a daily basis.

Comment

Another call for votes in our Music King matches. Some great music to listen to and some competitive matches to help decide.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          This alone takes the Smugness Index Quotient (SIQ) to new record highs.

SIQness trending on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                            Nothing for me to worry about but was looking up GDPR stuff and spotted this tweet, might be something for one or two here to look into.

No chance that will be allowed.

Same for problem gamblers, will be something in place for sure. Current laws say that all data has to be stored for 10 years so not really sure how these rules will interact.

Comment

Then, randomly one day she texted me, loads of spelling mistakes etc that she couldn't forgive me, and after a bit of me trying to argue the case for a year of us being best friends and back to where we were, blocked me on every forum. No phone call. That was six months ago. A text message... Had a pretty cataclysmic impact on me, and was in bed, pretty much for the guts of three months.

Surely the universe saying let it go, let her go, especially as I had two red queens in my hand. Pretty much no other way to interpret it.
                                                                                                              Hope your ok Sammy. One of those was the queen of hearts. I'd say fuck the universe and don't give up. But that's probably down to my inability to recognise when its bolloxed. Perma-denial

Comment

Flights alone now €750.

Couldn't be more jealous of your organizational skillz.

Been trying to plan route all morning, looking at various different locations to fly into, not ideal. Not to mention accom.

Only thing looking good is the ticket.

In another note, could be in Bilbao twice in 2 months (BBK Festival), random considering it never crossed my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Been trying to plan route all morning, looking at various different locations to fly into, not ideal. Not to mention accom.

In another note, could be in Bilbao twice in 2 months (BBK Festival), random considering it never crossed my mind.
                                                                                                                  Where are you getting tickets? I got them at semi final stage last year and then lost the money on them but when I looked this year there was non available at QF stage even.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post

Probably goes without saying but sometimes at this point the tour companies are the best option rather than trying to organise stuff yourself. I know for the SF yesterday a couple of people here found tour company charters much cheaper than trying to get there and back with Ryanair etc.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                      Where are you getting tickets? I got them at semi final stage last year and then lost the money on them but when I looked this year there was non available at QF stage even.
                                                                                                                      Eoghan there will be plenty of Munster fans going and they’ll have a few spares. Super standard for a Euro final. With Racing in the final I guarantee there will be free tickets being given away outside the ground to Irish fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                        Hope your ok Sammy. One of those was the queen of hearts. I'd say fuck the universe and don't give up. But that's probably down to my inability to recognise when its bolloxed. Perma-denial
                                                                                                                        Cheers man, ah yeah I snapped out of it the last two months but have just dived into poker. Escapism ftw. Was genuinely in bed 18 hour plus a day for around 2 months though, bed sores the works.

Like, genuinely if they had been black queens, honestly wouldnt feel as convinced it was a sign. Im legit bonkers so feel its v hard to ignore.

I mean, I guess there is a something a bit boorish and out of line about not wanting to give up, but then every bird you meet has the Notebook as their fav. film. I mean Im not being invasive or have made any effort to contact in months, more so in just keeping the hope their in my heart.

Think its a tough place to come back from, having fucked something up and knowing it was your fault. Remorse I guess, or is their a stronger word.

I wouldnt worry about perma denial, same state as a good 50% of the population!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                          No chance that will be allowed.

Same for problem gamblers, will be something in place for sure. Current laws say that all data has to be stored for 10 years so not really sure how these rules will interact.
                                                                                                                          Tbh, the whole thing looks like an exercise in arse covering. A lot of the legislation uses such vague outlines the technical implementation could be applied in any number of ways.
                                                                                                                          There's some quite hilarious companies making serious bucks while some companies panic to get something in before the deadline. Ran into one pretty great one (imho) featuring a former rugby star. As I'd said previously rugby constantly surprises me in its ability to integrate itself amongst the top levels of business. War stories go a long way
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X