Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    wots mrsfd done now? can't take your eyes off that one.
    Can someone quote the post for Hitch, who obviously has me on ignore

Comment

I find that post a bit muddled from an advocacy of repealing perspective when she would have made the same decisions regardless.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        I find that post a bit muddled from an advocacy of repealing perspective when she would have made the same decisions regardless.
        Indeed . The decision needs to be taken out of the hands of wimmin. Amend the 8th though despite my reservations

Comment

'There's only 1 Conor McGregor' guy back with a new catchy tune for the Irish Grand National

A little tune Fairyhouse asked me to do for them about the Irish Grand NationalLyrics:On Easter Monday of every year, people flock to Fairyhouse from far and...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Feel there's something inherently wrong with people who smile while singing.
              Pavarotti is smiling down at the comment.

Comment

@Hitch - Which Yelloh Village did you go to?

Comment

Comment

Not surprised to see the state of the hospitals as the headline story on the news, I spent today in A&E and I've never seen anything like it, trolleys everywhere and patients and staff under serious pressure. I've been there at busy times before but today was off the scale.
                    System was still working extraordinarily efficiently to filter out and deal with emergencies . I got a call at 9:30am from one of my fathers carers that they thought he might be having a stroke that came on as he was with him. By 10:45 he was getting the clot busting treatment in the A&E and was on a ward for monitoring by 5PM.
                    He's not in great shape but he would have been fckd only for the prompt treatment.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Val de Loire. Was looking at this one on the Cote Sauvage for May school holidays - quite close to La Rochelle airport. Looks class. They're basic enough and food is woeful, but we just made a barbeque each day and had a fantastic time.
                        We're heading to the one near Vannes in July. Looks OK but not sure about 10 days in a glorified caravan. Stumped up for the 'premium' version which might just make it tolerable.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Fundamentally the problem is there are too many people who get funnelled to A&E because they've nowhere else to go. If you break a bone you're meant to go to A&E, its ridic. Just keep it for actual emergencies like your dad, and have a lot more primary treatment centres.
                                There is a primary care center across the road where lots of the people with sprains and minor injuries could be going but I think they charge and as far as I know don't take medical cards

Comment

So Trump is totally not owned by Putin as we can see from his tweets supporting the British governments efforts to deal with the chemical attack in Salisbury last week

Comment

My wife was watching some nonsense tv(something about sister wives.) which posed a good question i think. Question of the day, lets say myself, hitch and Jack are all married to same person. Hitch has monday, i have tuesday, jack has wednesday, rinse and repeat. Well what happens if person starts having an affair on wednesday & saturdays which are Jacks days. They still are into Hitch and I and spending time with us but is cheating on Jacks days.

Are Hitch and I offended and upset because we all in the one "coven" or are we cool because it aint us they're cheating on, if we replace Jack with Strewel are we good with that?

Comment

Which part of that question did you consider good?
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Nive post Gil. I initially thought it was going to be a "doctors don't know anything" anti-repeal piece. Pleasantly surprised, yet saddening Agree with Eamon though, that sort of extreme story shouldn't really be necessery to get people to think about it objectively.

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                            The same applies to her and I think more people should read it to maybe understand that it isn't an open and shut case. And that sometimes what we think is the best decision is not necessarily the right one for the baby inside the mothers womb.
                                            I would have thought that the "open and shut case" is to repeal, not the opposite.

I think she was saying she'd knows she's make the same selfish decision, but she is recognising the fact that it is a selfish decision. Have to admire their honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                              My wife was watching some nonsense tv(something about sister wives.) which posed a good question i think. Question of the day, lets say myself, hitch and Jack are all married to same person. Hitch has monday, i have tuesday, jack has wednesday, rinse and repeat. Well what happens if person starts having an affair on wednesday & saturdays which are Jacks days. They still are into Hitch and I and spending time with us but is cheating on Jacks days.

Are Hitch and I offended and upset because we all in the one "coven" or are we cool because it aint us they're cheating on, if we replace Jack with Strewel are we good with that?
                                              If you (or Hitch or Jack) are of the temperament to be in wife sharing relationship, you probably aren't the type to be offended at extra-marital action. At one point it you just you and your wife, until she brought Hitch home.
                                              Jack might be annoyed at getting snubbed on his days, but I imagine that would apply even if wifey was spending Wednesday and Sat with Hitch or yourself.

Comment

Whittaker to defend his UFC middleweight belt again Yoel Romero in June according to Romero

Comment

Fundamentally the problem is there are too many people who get funnelled to A&E because they've nowhere else to go. If you break a bone you're meant to go to A&E, its ridic. Just keep it for actual emergencies like your dad, and have a lot more primary treatment centres.
                                                  I appreciate the point you are making about people going to A&E over trivial stuff, but a broken bones was a really bad example. That is definitely a case for A&E, you never know what has happen under the surface.

Argh - its this stupid inability by state to realise that the minor cost of paying for non-insured to go to that center would save a fortune and a multitude of stress, that I just don't get.
                                                  It's definitely a stress reliever know I can get free medical for minor injuries and such. But I also think some people take the piss which drastically affects the viability of a service.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I think she was saying she'd knows she's make the same selfish decision, but she is recognising the fact that it is a selfish decision. Have to admire their honesty.
                                                    I just don't think the repeal element married in well to what was the main issue. It would have worked better imo as a stand alone piece about the psychology and impossibly difficult decisions of someone going through a pregnancy with a child with severe health issues. That part was very poignant and thought provoking.

The govenrment jibes and shame of going to England comments seemed a bit disingenuous to me as it was never a consideration for her anyway.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

I just don't think the repeal element married in well to what was the main issue. It would have worked better imo as a stand alone piece about the psychology and impossibly difficult decisions of someone going through a pregnancy with a child with severe health issues. That part was very poignant and thought provoking.

The govenrment jibes and shame of going to England comments seemed a bit disingenuous to me as it was never a consideration for her anyway.
                                                        I don't disagree. But I think it was fundamentally a personal piece by the author, rather then a well laid out argument for repealing the 8th. If it was edited to purely push the repeal side, there are lots of changes one could make. The most obvious one the making the same mistake again that you flagged.

I strongly believe that no-one takes the piss with medical stuff. Some people are more worried, or have less knowledge about what is wrong with them, and so might visit more than is strictly necessary, but no-one takes the piss. This is some myth put out to dissuade people from seeking medical attention. It's an awful concept that seems to be widely held.
                                                        You may be taking a very specific interpretation of "take the piss". Nobody does it for fun obviously. Being slightly cautious is fine. Turning up at the doctors with a small bruise is over the top imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                          Whittaker to defend his UFC middleweight belt again Yoel Romero in June according to Romero
                                                          Prob gonna be the Chicago card that CM Punk looks like he’ll be on is it?

Gonna be good interest for that if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

Make sure it's a good one .

Comment

Nive post Gil. I initially thought it was going to be a "doctors don't know anything" anti-repeal piece. Pleasantly surprised, yet saddening Agree with Eamon though, that sort of extreme story shouldn't really be necessery to get people to think about it objectively.

I would have thought that the "open and shut case" is to repeal, not the opposite.

It is a shame that people feel it is necessary to tell these stories to show how harsh the laws are.
                                                              And yes, from the moment you find out you are pregnant, you have this fierce desire to protect your unborn. I think, after reading what that woman wrote, that I would possibly make a different decision to what I may have done. I would like to think I would anyway, but I won't ever know and hopefully, my daughters don't get to find out either.

The post is in a group where woman are sharing stories about things that happened to them. Some are truly heartbreaking, like the one I posted.

But they need to be shown outside the group, it could change someone's view if they see how the laws can affect your family.

Comment

Anyone ever used yeego.com for hotels? They're 40% cheaper than the usual comparison websites for a hotel I'm looking at, just wondering if its legit...

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                  Prob gonna be the Chicago card that CM Punk looks like he’ll be on is it?

Gonna be good interest for that if so.
                                                                  Yeah, UFC 225 on the 9th of June

Comment

But they need to be shown outside the group, it could change someone's view if they see how the laws can affect your family.
                                                                    Hopefully somebody who is anti-repeal, stops for a minute and actually thinks about it. Rather than just banging out the same oil tune. Wishful perhaps.

But this issue seems devoid of rational thought at the times. Say a person would never consider an abortion in the above situation. That's fine. If they value spending 8 months with their baby regardless of suffering, that's their decision. But changing the law doesn't affect that decision for them.
                                                                    Nobody will be forced to have an abortion. People who are against abortion can continue not having abortions.

Comment

Official Music Video for Craig Mack [feat. The Notorious B.I.G., LL Cool J, Busta Rhymes & Rampage] - "Flava In Ya Ear (Remix)" directed by Hype Williams fro...

Craig Mack RIP
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Hopefully somebody who is anti-repeal, stops for a minute and actually thinks about it. Rather than just banging out the same oil tune. Wishful perhaps.

But this issue seems devoid of rational thought at the times. Say a person would never consider an abortion in the above situation. That's fine. If they value spending 8 months with their baby regardless of suffering, that's their decision. But changing the law doesn't affect that decision for them.
                                                                        Nobody will be forced to have an abortion. People who are against abortion can continue not having abortions.
                                                                        Changing the law doesn't affect the decision, but reading about the pain and suffering you can put a tiny baby through for X months might. And once you are over that hurdle, then if you don't have to head to the UK to do the deed it is much better all round.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          We're heading to the one near Vannes in July. Looks OK but not sure about 10 days in a glorified caravan. Stumped up for the 'premium' version which might just make it tolerable.
                                                                          It's a tradeoff. Sure, you have to stay in a chalet but there's a million things for kids to do - and loads of other kids.

Thus, you might get a few hours to yourself each day.
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Argh - its this stupid inability by state to realise that the minor cost of paying for non-insured to go to that center would save a fortune and a multitude of stress, that I just don't get.
                                                                            Public sector unions.

The most change-resistant grouping out there. Look at the shit the teachers have pulled down the years to avoid modernisation.

Comment

Changing the law doesn't affect the decision, but reading about the pain and suffering you can put a tiny baby through for X months might.
                                                                              For some people it won't. Nothing will. Certain hyper-religious people would never have an abortion under any circumstances. As is their choice. That's who I was refering to. As much as I disagree with that stance, I respect that it's their to make.
                                                                              If the law is changed, that anti-abortion stance can continue unfaltered - which is why I dont understand why they feel threatened by the thought of repealing the 8th.
                                                                              Obviously I'm assuming that their motivation is more than just dictating to others what they should and shouldn't do. Maybe I'm giving too much credit.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post

Official Music Video for Craig Mack - "Flava In Ya Ear" directed by Craig Henry from 'Project: Funk Da World' (1994)Subscribe to the channel https://lnk.to/B...

Craig Mack RIP

Fixed that for you

Comment

I prefer the remix

Gotta meet someone at grand canal area tomorrow.

Recommendations for cheap and cheerful food between there and town? Not looking for anything fancy just nothing shite
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Odds are you don't get picked so. Lots of hanging about.

Go find Kayroo and de-wig him.
                                                                                    Wrong . 2 day trial. Had to take the spokesman job to make it more interesting.

Comment

I prefer the remix

Recommendations for cheap and cheerful food between there and town? Not looking for anything fancy just nothing shite
                                                                                      Are Juniors or the chop house still decent? (although maybe not exactly "cheap")

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                        Are Juniors or the chop house still decent? (although maybe not exactly "cheap")
                                                                                        Chop house definitely still decent was there recently. But ya, cheaper than that
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

For some people it won't. Nothing will. Certain hyper-religious people would never have an abortion under any circumstances. As is their choice. That's who I was refering to. As much as I disagree with that stance, I respect that it's their to make.
                                                                                          If the law is changed, that anti-abortion stance can continue unfaltered - which is why I dont understand why they feel threatened by the thought of repealing the 8th.
                                                                                          Obviously I'm assuming that their motivation is more than just dictating to others what they should and shouldn't do. Maybe I'm giving too much credit.
                                                                                          I dont think there will be many sitting on the fence waiting to be swung on this referendum and the number who get convinced to change their initial decision will be tiny for 2 reasons

1-People have been talking about it for decades so we all knew it was coming and what the arguments are.

2-The quality of debate will be abysmal as both sides go straight for the most extreme arguments. This will confirm to their supporters that they are correct and rational while the other side are completely unreasonable and illogical.

Its going to be seriously tedious with me ending up hating the people involved in both sides equally but voting the same way as the grandstanding dickheads who happens to be shouting for the repeal side.

Comment

I prefer the remix

Boojum

Comment

KC Peaches on Pearse St is reasonable.

Comment

Rex Tillerson sacked. Some rollercoaster.
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                  Rex Tillerson sacked. Some rollercoaster.
                                                                                                  Putin absolutely taking the piss now

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                    KC Peaches on Pearse St is reasonable.
                                                                                                    That opens in evening? Thought it was just lunch/coffee
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

ah sorry, was thinking lunch.

Comment

Anywhere handy in town that I can pick up some red vermouth?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          1. Tillerson (friend to Russia, remember) says it is likely that Russia was behind the Salisbury attempted murders
                                                                                                          2. Trump sacks him....within hours

The kompromat Putin has on Trump must be outrageous.

Comment

1. Tillerson (friend to Russia, remember) says it is likely that Russia was behind the Salisbury attempted murders

Apparently Tillerson was told few days ago. So it's more a case of he spoke against Russia because he was fired, as opposed to being fired because he spoke against Russia.
                                                                                                            But sure who knows what to believe with all this shite anymore easier to sit back and watch.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              Juniors = Paulie's Pizza, that'll do
                                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Let the record show that you can call the president a fucking moron and get away with it but you’re out on the street as soon as you say something bad about Russia.
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Apparently Tillerson was told few days ago. So it's more a case of he spoke against Russia because he was fired, as opposed to being fired because he spoke against Russia.
                                                                                                                  But sure who knows what to believe with all this shite anymore easier to sit back and watch.
                                                                                                                  Not true; you don't fire your SoS and then send him off on a diplomatic mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    I thought there were emails from UAE asking for him to be fired? Bit of A, bit of B.
                                                                                                                    He himself says he only learned he was fired from twitter.

Comment

Not true; you don't fire your SoS and then send him off on a diplomatic mission.
                                                                                                                      What I read was he told him while he was away. But it's only what I read who knows.
                                                                                                                      Makes more sense though. Even trump isn't stupid enough to fire him straight after he said that. He probably said it to fuck him over knowing announcement was coming.
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

What I read was he told him while he was away. But it's only what I read who knows.
                                                                                                                        Makes more sense though. Even trump isn't stupid enough to fire him straight after he said that. He probably said it to fuck him over knowing announcement was coming.
                                                                                                                        DoS sources seem very categorical that this was a shock.

So unless we're going to start taking the word of a proven liar and fantasist...I'd say they're right.

Comment

Realised too late that Cheltenham started today.

I know people like it but horse racing really is awful.
                                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X