Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta be 50 if you’re even the most conservative person.

I would say 85 and then stop

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Gotta be 10 to be a Millionaire.

Comment

Does my family get to keep the money of the boxes I've already opened?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
            Does my family get to keep the money of the boxes I've already opened?
            Nah surely not.

Also you would imagine the "death box" is instant death so goodbyes would have to be said in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Would zero not be by far the most common answer. People take 1% risks all the time unknowingly, but to choose to take a risk like that seems like something very few would consciously do.
              You asking this in a poker forum??

Seriously, you reckon Zero is the most common answer from guys in a poker forum??

I would be shocked if the common answer is less than 5 at the very least.
              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

€1,750 in the Tipping Comp and time running out for last minute entries.

That would certainly make you say:

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Ireland West indies now on sky sports mix. Ireland not looking great tbh.
                  Doing OK Shrap!

67/3 chasing 250-odd is fine. Sounds like they let WI off the hook in their innings though.

NO'B due a big one. Coincidentally, I'm umpiring a game in his home club later - there will be beverages if they win this.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      €1,750 in the Tipping Comp and time running out for last minute entries.

That would certainly make you say:

Inski

PM details please

Comment

A 5.5% (or so) chance of death for $500,000? Not so sure. Think there would be a big count of zeros.

The best answer btw was in a response to rags tweet. Anyone want to speculate for the default best answer is?
                        Obv the answer is really dependent on the core respondee.... if its is on aveage, young single men, then the number would be higher than you think. For me personally, my number would probably be in the low teens. But I guess the default best answer would be 20.

Cause, you would be like... fuck it, free monies on titties
                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

A 5.5% (or so) chance of death for $500,000? Not so sure. Think there would be a big count of zeros.

The best answer btw was in a response to rags tweet. Anyone want to speculate for the default best answer is?
                          Hill's response I assume. Certainly the best.

Comment

Oh Mata

Liverpool having a mare.

Comment

Be a good starter Q for someone with no pension/investments. Risk appetite analysis . Zero would be my honest answer.
                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Doing OK Shrap!

67/3 chasing 250-odd is fine. Sounds like they let WI off the hook in their innings though.

NO'B due a big one. Coincidentally, I'm umpiring a game in his home club later - there will be beverages if they win this.
                                ...But time let off...2 very makabke catches, Powell could have been gone at 18, went for 101 instead...

Comment

United would drive you mad with a performance like this after all the shite they've played all season. Liverpool don't seem to be at the races at all but I'll take it. So far so good. Pogba getting injured yesterday was a blessing.

Comment

Doing OK Shrap!

100 for 4 after 25 overs? Pretty tall order to win it from there. Hope I'm wrong though

Comment

100 for 4 after 25 overs? Pretty tall order to win it from there. Hope I'm wrong though
                                      Only 6 an over - piece of piss the rate teams score at these days.

Wickets in hand is the big one and I see I BBV'd NO'B.

Comment

It would be extremely rare, even amongst practitioners of very dangerous sports to knowingly take a 1% chance of certain death.

IMO you'd have to be in a fair bad way to value your life at 1 mill
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

And Joyce

Comment

...Ugh, 2 gone in this over, curtains now me thinks...Could have done with these 2 points for the super 6...

Comment

WTF with not taking the penalty there?

Comment

...I'm gonma guess this is not soccer or cricket?...

Comment

Zero boxes for me.

I think I would want €10m per box to take a 1% shot on losing my life. And I'm broke.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Odd, now its going 0-3 and BArnes missed a clear KO FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      It would be extremely rare, even amongst practitioners of very dangerous sports to knowingly take a 1% chance of certain death.

IMO you'd have to be in a fair bad way to value your life at 1 mill
                                                      Not sure if I agree with that... look at American football for example. Wasnt there a study that found the risk of getting serious brain injury to be quite high... hasnt really stopped people from playing and people still participate despite knowing the risks.

I know it not death, but brain injury is hardly an desirable outcome.

Comment

Earls having a fucking shocker so far

Comment

Liverpool pretty poor today but badly needed win.

JamieCarra owes me a pound. Hup

Comment

We are not playing well at all. Ominous.

Comment

That was fortunate

Comment

Jammy try for Stockdale. We'll take it though.

Comment

That was horrible from the Scots . LOL

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                    Not sure if I agree with that... look at American football for example. Wasnt there a study that found the risk of getting serious brain injury to be quite high... hasnt really stopped people from playing and people still participate despite knowing the risks.

I know it not death, but brain injury is hardly an desirable outcome.
                                                                    "It won't happen to me"

Comment

That was horrible from the Scots . LOL
                                                                      How is that even possible?

Comment

How is that even possible?
                                                                        I thought Hogg was in a poor position and should have at least stuck his leg out when it was going past him.

Our Forwards looking a bit tired already here.

Comment

The best thing about the rugby for me, because I don't really follow it or understand all the rules, is you can hear the ref and he's constantly communicating with players and encouraging them. The way it should be done, they always know what's going on.

Comment

Was just explaining how Sexton kicking to touch with 60 seconds on the clock was stupid when ...

Comment

I thought Hogg was in a poor position and should have at least stuck his leg out when it was going past him.

Our Forwards looking a bit tired already here.
                                                                              Hé should have been a bit closer, but come on, that pass was a disgrace from a world class centre

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                              The best thing about the rugby for me, because I don't really follow it or understand all the rules, is you can hear the ref and he's constantly communicating with players and encouraging them. The way it should be done, they always know what's going on.
                                                                              I like it as well, but there is definitely an argument to be made that he shouldn't have to and players should know what they can and can't do, instead of being told to stop doing something

Comment

Hé should have been a bit closer, but come on, that pass was a disgrace from a world class centre
                                                                                It's comical on the replay

Scoreline the other way around would be a fairer reflection

Comment

Just posting this here so I can quote next year
                                                                                  After the rugby World Cup next year everyone will be posting about how the Six Nations is a second tier comp and we should have sacrificed a few to long term develop for the RWC blah blah blah

Comment

Time to go back to basic passing training scotland. LOL

Comment

Pro-life march going by must be as least as big as any of the pro choice marches, and noticeably different make up.

Surprising number of young girls (John McGuirk probably got them up the front)
                                                                                      Walking across town took it out of John McGuirk by the looks of things
                                                                                      Seems to be exclusively young people and 40+. 18-35 must all swing pro-choice
                                                                                      Clearly a much better funded/organised group.
                                                                                      Piss poor chants though
                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-03-18, 15:44.

Comment

100 boxes.
                                                                                        "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Thats another very odd decision, bonus point needed, so now he kicks at the posts

Comment

Thats another very odd decision, bonus point needed, so now he kicks at the posts
                                                                                            We were 13 pints up with 15 mins to go. If he got the 3 we would have been ahead more than 2 converted tries.
                                                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

'mon France

Comment

Twickenham here we come. Great discipline to not play it loose today and just grind it out. Never give a sucker a chance.
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Anyone know if car dealers up North take southern trade ins?
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                    Looking forward to Dublins man utd V Sligo's Liverpool today. I do hope Dobby and Elshambles don't behave like children after the match. Tis only a game lads

Also Ireland by 20 is a good bet v the scots
                                                                                                    Because woof

Comment

If you already have say €800k, the additional €100k on offer is definitely not worth risking a >1% chance of dying.

I'd say 0 or 1 boxes, anything after that is daft. If you already have anything more than about €50k, a reasonable life and some prospects of being able to generate money in the future, 0 boxes makes most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Anyone know if car dealers up North take southern trade ins?
                                                                                                        Probably not, and if they do they wouldn't give you much for it

Comment

Zero boxes unless Mr big is threatening my life . I'd get the missus to open the box though

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                            Liverpool pretty poor today but badly needed win.

JamieCarra owes me a pound. Hup
                                                                                                            Sigh

Comment

I'd just keep opening each box till I got the bad one
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                Just posting this here so I can quote next year
                                                                                                                After the rugby World Cup next year everyone will be posting about how the Six Nations is a second tier comp and we should have sacrificed a few to long term develop for the RWC blah blah blah
                                                                                                                I disagree with this for two reasons.

1. The tactic of playing it to our strengths, winning and evolving over time is better than a revolution and losing for a period.

2. The exciting high skills players coming through are a year away from being fully ready. Letting Carbery, Larmour, stockdale, ringrose loose in Oz is mouthwatering and that’s still over a year out from the RWC.
                                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...England have been shocking in this match so far... They've had a couple of penalties, but went for points instead of touch... Winning by a few points is pointless without the Bonus... I think that's the championship over at this stage...
                                                                                                                  ...Here's a question- Say we do win the championship today, and lose in England next week- Overall are we happy or sad?... I know it's good to win the 6 nations, but is losing the chance of a grand-slam worse than the joy of winning 6 nations?...

Comment

Don't 10% of people that climb Everest die? It's a different think knowing certain odds as people otherwise think to themselves, well that won't happen to me, that was the other persons own fault.

For NFL, people have a hard time thinking longterm, if somebody died or got debilitating brain injuries every few games they would think a bit differently.

Comment

"lost a flip for five stacks" wouldn't be the worst way to go

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        Don't 10% of people that climb Everest die? .
                                                                                                                        I thought it couldn't be this high, looked it up and its roughly accurate. https://www.thoughtco.com/death-on-mount-everest-755907

Comment

Feels a bit weird for Ireland to be champions without having stretched themselves since the last ten minutes against France or having playing particularly well for the whole of any of the games.
                                                                                                                          You'd almost think that if they don't win in Twickenham it would feel like a disappointing season

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X