Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all fairness it is relative. To some, Breitbart is left wing!

Comment

Speaking of the news I see the front page of the Irish examiner was a totally fake poll today, also on online versions of Irish Times and Journal which have now been removed. Worrying development!

Comment

After all the grid girl nonsense BBC had a headline about how everyone was obsessed with an oily male flag bearer at the winter Olympics
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          After all the grid girl nonsense BBC had a headline about how everyone was obsessed with an oily male flag bearer at the winter Olympics
          Classic!!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Ive had the same flu four times in the last two months. Presume I have the bug or something. Genuinel think this is as sick as I have ever been. Shaking like a fucking lleaf.

Comment

Ship the 18 days off.

Flying to Ko Samui Sunday, I am excite.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                    Ive had the same flu four times in the last two months. Presume I have the bug or something. Genuinel think this is as sick as I have ever been. Shaking like a fucking lleaf.
                    I Like the subtle 2nd l on leaf. Get the flu shot next year.

Apparently avian flu found in Ireland. Not this again.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                      No problem with any of the above but evidence has shown the left want to shut down freedom of speech, expression etc in the name of PC correctness. Too much of that in the 4th estate would be a bad thing.
                      "Evidence"

Comment

Lol at oles inconsiderate post straight after jbravados

Something something flu

Fuck you i'm off to ko samui

Perfect symmetry to it

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Something something flu

Perfect symmetry to it
                          Was dreaming of going to GOA for a couple of months last night, woke up by a hailstorm

Jebus is talking to me in my sleep and it's not the usual kill everything messages

Comment

Heard on radio last week they're gonna replace grid girls with grid kids. So a grown woman can't decide to model herself but it's OK to exploit a child. Had to laugh when I heard it

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                              Heard on radio last week they're gonna replace grid girls with grid kids. So a grown woman can't decide to model herself but it's OK to exploit a child. Had to laugh when I heard it
                              I don't think they'll be in skimpy clothes and encouraged to be objectified!
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                Why is it that right-wing media seems to be largely owned by old wrinkly white dudes whose agenda is to get personally richer by persuading poor white saps like jack that they should be unhappy with the world they live in and that they can make it better by passing tax cuts for billionaire newspaper proprietors at the expense of social programs they themselves need?

Murdoch = Fox News
                                Mercer = Breitbart
                                Rothermere = Daily Mail
                                Barclay bros = Telegraph
                                Adelson = Israeli Hayom
                                Pinko Glasses

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                  Was dreaming of going to GOA for a couple of months last night, woke up by a hailstorm

Jebus is talking to me in my sleep and it's not the usual kill everything messages
                                  Reading John leonards (ex dub sub goalie and fucked up on drugs ) book at the min. He went to India for a few months. Quite the party place it seems and for little cash.

Good read btw

Comment

I don't think they'll be in skimpy clothes and encouraged to be objectified!
                                    Obviously. The point was the women were adults and able to choose to do it. It's more likely to have a negative impact on a kid than an adult.

Comment

Why is there no clamor for the Trinity lecture who advocated for female genital mutilation yesterday to lose his job?

Comment

Must be exhausting Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                          Why is there no clamor for the Trinity lecture who advocated for female genital mutilation yesterday to lose his job?
                                          I don't know Jack, why do you think there's no clamour?

Do you think he should be sacked?

If so, why?

Also, on what grounds could his employment be terminated?

Just asking questions

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Must be exhausting Jack.
                                            He’s too lazy in his attempts for it to be exhausting. Very poor example of the genre.
                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                              He’s too lazy in his attempts for it to be exhausting. Very poor example of the genre.
                                              I dunno, he has this place ruined with whole days of people responding to his drivel.

Comment

...Late late show Valentines special is on now...Never seen it, but if I remember correctly it got slaughtered on this last year...
                                                ...A part of me wishes I applied for the crack 😁😁😁...

Comment

FAO of GAB. Look what a black pudding fortune can buy you.
                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    I dunno, he has this place ruined with whole days of people responding to his drivel.
                                                    Was working late last night and fancied a row. Sometimes it’s fun to expose how thin his bullshit argument style is. I appreciate the comment though and I’ll stop.
                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Something something flu

Perfect symmetry to it
                                                      Hey ! I hear it can get cloudy this time of year !

Had my annual check up last friday, stress test etc, went grand but he wants me to do an angio, over 5 years since the last and put a nice bit of weight on the last year...around 15kg

Told him not a hope till i get my holiday out of the way, we are 20 years married next week, young fellows birthday tomorrow, went for a meal tonight and a confirmation tomorow, niece, non stop !

Serious lifestyle change incoming...
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

Had my annual check up last friday, stress test etc, went grand but he wants me to do an angio, over 5 years since the last and put a nice bit of weight on the last year...around 15kg

Told him not a hope till i get my holiday out of the way, we are 20 years married next week, young fellows birthday tomorrow, went for a meal tonight and a confirmation tomorow, niece, non stop !

The weight gain hardly surprising had some fantastic barbecues food and recipes thrown up last year.

Comment

Comment

...Just read Liam Miller passed away tonight aged 36, very sad...I know the rumour circulated a couple of weeks ago, pretty sure it's true now sadly...

Comment

Gimps like Jack are running the show
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                The weight gain hardly surprising had some fantastic barbecues food and recipes thrown up last year.
                                                                Anyone that was following my plan only gained 3kg !

Thinking back, yeah..keep an eye on adverts...lol
                                                                Last edited by oleras; 09-02-18, 23:51.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                  ...Just read Liam Miller passed away tonight aged 36, very sad...I know the rumour circulated a couple of weeks ago, pretty sure it's true now sadly...
                                                                  Liam Miller RIP
                                                                  Last edited by BennyHiFi; 10-02-18, 00:04.

Comment

heard time stories and gloomhaven are great. Have played santorini and it was good.

best game ive played recently is a time travel based on called tragedy looper:
                                                                    Players live, die, and repeat in order to outwit and defeat the evil Mastermind.

Tragedy Looper is a scenario-based deduction game for two to four players: one mastermind and one to three protagonists. The game consists of four location boards and a number of character cards. Each scenario features a number of characters, hidden roles for these characters (serial killer, conspiracy theorist, friend), and some pre-set tragedies (murder, suicide).

Each "day" (turn), players and the mastermind play three face-down cards onto the characters, then reveal them to move the characters around or affect their paranoia or goodwill stats. At the end of each day (turn), if the scenario has a tragedy set for that day, it happens if the conditions are met, i.e., certain characters have certain stats or are in a certain location together (or not together) with others. As tragedies happen, players loop back in time, restarting the scenario from the beginning and trying to deduce who the culprit was and why the tragedy occurred.

The players win if they manage to maintain status quo — that is, if no tragedies occur to the key individuals — for a set number of days, within a set number of loops. If not, the mastermind wins.
                                                                    It is awesome fun trying to solve murders/prevent suicides, failing to do so and going back in time to try a different approach or simply learning a bit more. Or else being the one planning the tragedies! Even choosing some to die so you can save the rest. There are set missions that get harder and harder, hell even aliens and god show up.

If you had a boardgaming group of people, at least 6 or 7 then i'd recommend Avalon and secret hitler.
                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-02-18, 00:09.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Obviously. The point was the women were adults and able to choose to do it. It's more likely to have a negative impact on a kid than an adult.
                                                                            What negative impact are you talking about?
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Don’t believe Hitch ever plays even 1/4 of the board games he posts here.clearly running some kind of board game shilling spambot on his account

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                The undue stress they'll have from being objectified

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                      Tbh I don't actually give a shit. I don't watch F1 and didn't even know about the girls being stopped until I read it here. I did laugh when I heard they were replacing them with children though. You'd think if they think adults shouldn't do it, why would they make kids do it? Doesn't seem to make sense to me is all.

Comment

Oh it's a deep dark hole psv! We've done every night this week trying to get through Pandemic Legacy.
                                                                                        Ive has some epic (near friendship ending) games of risk over the years but seems like it might be pretty vanilla compared to what you’re posting

Comment

Black Panther trailer + soundtrack nearly has me convinced to pay for my first Marvel movie since I suffered through the original Avengers. Any reports? Can’t trust the reviews as get the feeling anyone who gave a bad one would be hounded on twitter as a closet Klan member

Comment

Walking out of the Aquarium a few minutes ago and saw the spit of Lao Lao jovially regaling a table full of dolly birds with his witty badinage.

Couldn't decide if it was him or not. Wouldn't put it past him but didn't engage so apologies Mr Fake\Real Lao Lao.
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tbh I don't actually give a shit. I don't watch F1 and didn't even know about the girls being stopped until I read it here. I did laugh when I heard they were replacing them with children though. You'd think if they think adults shouldn't do it, why would they make kids do it? Doesn't seem to make sense to me is all.
                                                                                              These kids aren't random kids that will be dressed in a suggestive manner. They are kids who participate in the junior ranks of motorsports.

I was against the stopping of it being women given that they chose to do it as a job, and weren't exactly wearing bikinis, but your current line is awful.

Comment

RIP Liam Miller

Cancer doesn't discriminate.

Comment

You taken totally the wrong path. It would be similar to the kids that walk out with the footballers before soccer games.
                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

I hear ya brother. Heaviest I've ever been. Only when you are in hosp getting there tests done that you think wtf. Recovering from hip op at the min but serious change for me too when I'm back to 100%.

But you are right, enjoy the hol first and then knuckle down (said in my best pat shortt accent).

Enjoy - hope it's not too cloudy

Comment

Jesus, I hope this is a wind up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                        Jesus, I hope this is a wind up.
                                                                                                        Genuinely don't know if you mean Dobby or the FIA.
                                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                          Walking out of the Aquarium a few minutes ago and saw the spit of Lao Lao jovially regaling a table full of dolly birds with his witty badinage.

Couldn't decide if it was him or not. Wouldn't put it past him but didn't engage so apologies Mr Fake\Real Lao Lao.
                                                                                                          Sounds like something I'd do alright but not guilty on this occasion. Didn't move off the couch last night.

Comment

Dobby....

You're lucky in not from Kerry

Careca, have a word with your boy
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 10-02-18, 10:43.

Comment

Our next move is to go to a GamerCon in Essen this October. It's all about getting in on the ground floor on the industry, seeing it all where it's happening right now.
                                                                                                              What was the Star Wars one you recommended?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Was close to diverting by there last night, would deffo have if I'd known the valuuu that was on offer

Comment

Must have been so hard for Liam to process that health information when he first got it. After so long of fitness being his success, and then suddenly the very thing - his physique - that had propelled him forward was going to turn into something destructive.

Actually felt quite sorry reading one or two quotes from him when he came back from America and he talked about how he was going to 'battle' the disease and that he was a fighter. It wasn't him in particular, but it's the horrible war language that surrounds the whole cancer thing. Really think that needs to move on to much more peaceful calmer accepting language and away from this war idea that makes people in their last days maybe feel like failures for not 'beating' cancer.
                                                                                                                    Actually threw objects at the radio when I heard them saying he 'lost the battle' GTFO The medics and the scientists are doing battle to come up with better treatments and care, all the patient can do is what they are told is the best for them.
                                                                                                                    The medics do encourage people to pretend they can survive better and longer than is realistic because they believe that a positive attitude is a significant help in achieving better outcomes. Whether or not that is true is moot if you are branding the people who fall off the shorter end of the curve as losers.
                                                                                                                    Battle my arse.

Comment

Is it possible to win the grand slam and not win the championship now with the bonus point system?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                        Is it possible to win the grand slam and not win the championship now with the bonus point system?
                                                                                                                        No, if you win the grand slam you win regardless of bonus points.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          They give 3 extra bonus points for getting a Grand Slam, which is greater than the max you can get for 4 wins and a defeat with all bonuses.

I'm slightly dubious about it to be honest - presumably they think that the bonus point system of scoring 4 tries and staying within 7 when losing is fundamentally a good idea which helps each individual 80 minute game - if so then I think they should also accept that the team who wins the 'league' may be that team that accrues bonus points rather than wins every game.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X