Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
    The few people who i have spoken to who seem to know anything relevant about the cryptocurrencies and block chain in general seem to suggest long term ethereum as the most viable and a great product. Once things settle down, it's most likely the one to look at.
    I said months ago I would stick a few K into ETH @ $220.
    I didnt
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        We're definitely back!
        Reminiscint of http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...t-2189069.html
        That was 5 or 6 years ago.

Ups, you said reminiscent.

Comment

If only we could invest directly in Coinbase.

~4% transaction fees on the way in and the way out.

It's actually hilarious.
          Isnt some of that built into the bitcoin protocol?
          The transaction fees are paid to the miners

Comment

Very enjoyable watching Froome and Sir Druggo turn on each other like the rats that they are,beautiful stuff,all so obvious at the time too.so hard to listen to the likes of BBC clutching their pearls over Russian doping and Gatlin when they lost their shit cheerleading those gimps

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              Tis, but GDAX which is the exchange that coinbase trades through costs 0.25%

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                There's some big changes there in management or in their ideas. Samhain Festival, Santa's Grotto (brutal, but 1st year of it) and hiring the place out for Facebook Xmas party. Maybe they just got an events company on board to bring in revenue. All good though to have more things on nearby. Expecting the IPO to move there next year!
                Hopefully the hangar and parking fees will come down as a result!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                  Very enjoyable watching Froome and Sir Druggo turn on each other like the rats that they are,beautiful stuff,all so obvious at the time too.so hard to listen to the likes of BBC clutching their pearls over Russian doping and Gatlin when they lost their shit cheerleading those gimps
                  I think it's about time we started trumpeting Michelle Smith again tbh. She was hardly on more drugs than the rest of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    They charge massively over the actual fees, they also complain the fees are too high but don't support segwit which lowers the fees.
                    Tis, but GDAX which is the exchange that coinbase trades through costs 0.25%
                    Yep and 0% for limit buys. Coinbase are a huge ripoff in general.

Comment

So, EPT death didn't last long. It's back again for next year

EPT Sochi
                      EPT Monte Carlo
                      EPT Barcelona
                      EPT Prague
                      APPT Macau
                      LAPT Chile

Comment

You scared everyone away Tony with that poker talk.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

What's for tea Lazare?
                          "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                          "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                            You scared everyone away Tony with that poker talk.
                            I agree I would much rather here about imaginary bit coins hidden away certain posters have magically found spoofers.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                              What's for tea Lazare?
                              A microwave curry.
                              Cooked it in the oven.

Tastes less like poverty and lonlieness that way.

Takes longer though.

You?
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                A microwave curry.
                                Cooked it in the oven.

Tastes less like poverty and lonlieness that way.

Takes longer though.

You?
                                What does loneliness taste like? I'm guessing Chinese food with a hint of polystyrene.
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Koreans might be my new favourite race, if that's not racist of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    What does loneliness taste like? I'm guessing Chinese food with a hint of polystyrene.
                                    2 litre Rock Shandy, pack a jaffa cakes, prawn cocktail Pringles, wife out at X-mas do and brats asleep. Feet up and may watch the LLS. Loneliness is bliss tbf.

Edit - bleh, ginger comedian got a vasectomy on the LLS. I'm out.
                                    Last edited by Dice75; 15-12-17, 21:41.

Comment

Do Ulster have a chance of qualifying now?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        Koreans might be my new favourite race, if that's not racist of course.
                                        Not at all Ted.

Free drink ......

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          2 litre Rock Shandy, pack a jaffa cakes, prawn cocktail Pringles, wife out at X-mas do and brats asleep. Feet up and may watch the LLS. Loneliness is bliss tbf.
                                          I was gonna say extra large pizza with garlic bread and wedges and having a slice for breakfast but Pringles was a good shout

Comment

Current drinking a bottle of wine while thinking about the best worst sports films I have watched.

Think American Flyers is leading at the moment
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

The Christmas has so far sent my weight surging ahead like a crypto currency. Deffo going cold turkey after Christmas day.

Any new rock bars in Dublin . Another session tomorrow night and a change of scenery be nice.

Comment

Taylor no chance in darts based on first 8 or 9 legs?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                  He'll win tonight. But ya no chance to win outright. He was blessed not to draw the likes of van den Bergh or kist in round 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                    The Christmas has so far sent my weight surging ahead like a crypto currency. Deffo going cold turkey after Christmas day.

Any new rock bars in Dublin . Another session tomorrow night and a change of scenery be nice.
                                                    Good band in the step inn tomorrow night and good Beatles band next sat night.

Comment

Out tomorrow night with a few old friends, looking forward to the company, the scrums at the bar to get a pint not so much & don't mention the scramble to get home somehow

Comment

She must be knackered after the boxing

Comment

Think I met you in the offline bookies there one day. Won a tenner . I'll be in the big city .

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            He'll win tonight. But ya no chance to win outright. He was blessed not to draw the likes of van den Bergh or kist in round 1
                                                            Dobey had a great chance to take it to a decider, and I think he might have won it out from there. Would spoil my 2018 if that cunt wins the title.

Comment

Big jolly boys day out 2moro, Box in Aviva for the match to get the ball rolling, then team assembling at the Hophouse for korean goodness.Over the road to see King kong company in the Academy, afters at the Bowery in Rathmines.
                                                              Blackout blinds, noise cancelling headphones and Lucozade/Mars bar ice cream for Sunday.
                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Hmm, only a ten minute walk from us - what type of band tomorrow?

Comment

Think I met you in the offline bookies there one day. Won a tenner . I'll be in the big city .
                                                                  Ya long time ago. Think you told me you lost a tenner though in case I was on the tap

Comment

Looking forward to the match in the Aviva tomorrow; I'm guessing at least half a dozen IPBers will be in attendance?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                      Hmm, only a ten minute walk from us - what type of band tomorrow?
                                                                      Rhythm culture tomorrow night. Covers band but decent. Usual stuff from u2 to the boss to Keane.

Beat club 23rd very good Beatles cover band

Comment

Rhythm culture tomorrow night. Covers band but decent. Usual stuff from u2 to the boss to Keane.

Beat club 23rd very good Beatles cover band
                                                                        There's no substitute for the real thing.

Comment

Looking forward to the match in the Aviva tomorrow; I'm guessing at least half a dozen IPBers will be in attendance?
                                                                          Block 505 row X . Flying in tomorrow morning.

Comment

I'm working in the morning, then on a night out tomorrow, staying in a hotel while the kid is being looked after by the grandparents. Sleep tomorrow night the best part. I'd nearly stay sober to enjoy it properly. Nearly.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              I'm working in the morning, then on a night out tomorrow, staying in a hotel while the kid is being looked after by the grandparents. Sleep tomorrow night the best part. I'd nearly stay sober to enjoy it properly. Nearly.
                                                                              Probably end up sleeping poorly waking up at every little sound. Welcome to parenthood.Mine are 10 and 12 now. I still don't sleep right.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                Probably end up sleeping poorly waking up at every little sound. Welcome to parenthood.Mine are 10 and 12 now. I still don't sleep right.
                                                                                The man's going to get laid, stop ruining it for him, he has a baby it's probably been a while!
                                                                                Posit coital sleep is the best kind of sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                  The man's going to get laid, stop ruining it for him, he has a baby it's probably been a while!
                                                                                  Posit coital sleep is the best kind of sleep.
                                                                                  After drink, in a sleep deprived state? Functional I won't be.

Comment

late late show jesus

that poor 11 yr old suicide, great parents to go and raise awareness . so so sad such a waste of a beautiful little girl.
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

At home in Kerry for my old soccer teams night out tomorrow. Spending the night at home tonight before the madness of tomorrow. Seems there will be a fair few here sick on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                        At home in Kerry for my old soccer teams night out tomorrow. Spending the night at home tonight before the madness of tomorrow. Seems there will be a fair few here sick on Sunday!
                                                                                        Snowman musical in national concert hall tomorrow followed by Santa on Sunday.

I'll be sick jealous of ye single fuckers on Sunday that's about it

Comment

whats with all these hipster bars opening that are too expensive for hipsters. half of them will be gone to the wall in a year or two. no loyalty.

if i opened a bar i would be catering for seasoned pint men. dingy spot dim lighting. play a bit of gilbert o sullivan in the back ground. take bets behind the bar if not beside a bookies. we will see who has the more secure business in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                            And Godless is the most enjoyable tv show this year. Will be going for a 2nd viewing over the holidays.
                                                                                            Do yourself a favour and watch Deadwood instead.

Godless was a good show, not a great show.

Merrit Weaver and Daniels were fantastic but I thought some of the cast notably Michelle Dockery were brutal. Daniels character starts out as a brilliant conception but they ran out of development of him before half way after which any half decent lines he gets are repetitions or rewrites, the same happened to most of the characters, all in all the screenplay was poor and wasn't able to keep up with the quality all around it. It was the characters they left with least to say like the Indian mother in law and Christiane Seidel's naked lady that stole the show
                                                                                            It was inevitable the way it was going but the last episode was a terrible letdown, so cliched and lacking all the power of the early episodes.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                Power went out in the apartment and rang the electricity people only to realise I know exactly zero French words to do with electricity apart from the word electricity. A very awkward conversation ensued. Luckily about halfway through the power came back on and I made my apologies and finished the call. Not sure what I was thinking about how that conversation could have possibly gone, given that it would have been a struggle to have a conversation about electrical circuits even in English.
                                                                                                no lighty. you fix lighty ok repeat x10

call out address and account number if you have it a few times. cos his probably asking for that.

also much easier option use a translation app input in engligh what you want to say and let it speak it in french? might be hard if you are just on the phone but maybe a mobile and pc/tablet set up.

tech has caught up with this translation problem. there is an app that alot of foreigners use that they can take a snap of say a form/menu/sign etc in english and it translates to their language.

Comment

Cup of tea and nationwide with Twink. Thanks AJ
                                                                                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Tea is so good.

I'm on Johnny Walker Black (disappointing) and Ginger Beer at the moment - effectively minesweeping. It should be okay, but it's definitely not a drink to involve real drink in.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                      Big jolly boys day out 2moro, Box in Aviva for the match to get the ball rolling, then team assembling at the Hophouse for korean goodness.Over the road to see King kong company in the Academy, afters at the Bowery in Rathmines.
                                                                                                      Blackout blinds, noise cancelling headphones and Lucozade/Mars bar ice cream for Sunday.
                                                                                                      Good choice! My friends are playing the Bowery, delighted for them, big night, they're big fans of the Eskies and KKC. They're opening the Dublin leg of the Eskies Irish tour in the button factory, and then doing the after party for KKC.

Hopefully Kev will bring up a few blaas

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                        There's some big changes there in management or in their ideas. Samhain Festival, Santa's Grotto (brutal, but 1st year of it) and hiring the place out for Facebook Xmas party. Maybe they just got an events company on board to bring in revenue. All good though to have more things on nearby. Expecting the IPO to move there next year!
                                                                                                        Facebook party apparently flew in Wyclif Jean as their entertainment for the night. That's got to cost a few quid. Fair enough, he's no will.i.am but even still, can't imagine it was cheap to get him

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                          Cup of tea and nationwide with Twink. Thanks AJ
                                                                                                          You'll feel like having a slice o' cake by the end as well.
                                                                                                          The lottie doll business part was good also, you a shareholder?

Comment

Dear lord England
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              Dear lord England
                                                                                                              I suppose if they had any bowlers who could get some pace on the ball they would have brought them with them.
                                                                                                              Some deeply felt pain on TMS
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                I suppose if they had any bowlers who could get some pace on the ball they would have brought them with them.
                                                                                                                Some deeply felt pain on TMS
                                                                                                                No sympathy. Collapsing from the position they were in on Day 2 was inexcusable.

Wonder what personal score Smith has in mind?

Comment

Yup, trying once again to get the young lad away from the dark side of soccer and into the sunny uplands of rugby.

Not much success thus far.

Comment

345 runs for 1 wicket today. Boycott was mocking Mitch Marsh when he got to the crease earlier.

The old England rain dance getting going now

Comment

I used to love rugby, now I don't even know what match you're on about. No idea why I gave up on it.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                          Younger kid fell off couch and did a twist mid-air in the very small distance to land on his hands rather than his head. When do we lose those cat-like abilities?!
                                                                                                                          they reappear when drunk. I am living proof after last weeks gymnastics on the dance floor. Defibs were on hand just in case but not necessary as I'm a beast when drunk.
                                                                                                                          Next day I fell off the couch with no mid-air twist.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X