Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
    His whole sthick I’m queer depressed and from Tallaght fuck him.
    Its the insidious, oh if you are offended, you are homophobic thing that really irritates me.

And this shite

“I say that I’m a feminist because I make men feel how they made women feel for hundreds of years. That’s my aim as a feminist hero.”
    Dickhead
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Its the insidious, oh if you are offended, you are homophobic thing that really irritates me.

And this shite

Dickhead
      You should see the statement he just released
      He’s been taking apology lessons from Conor McGregor it seems

I have been completely taken aback by reports in the media and on the social networks over the weekend, and by the scale and tone of the vitriol. While my conduct, which had been in keeping with my flamboyant and outrageous public persona may be regarded as offensive and unacceptable by many people, I at no time intended to upset anyone.

“Up until now, I had been unaware of these complaints or the impact of my conduct and I am truly sorry for any distress I may have caused in what I had regarded as light-hearted and good-natured circumstances.

“Although, on legal advice, I cannot comment on specific allegations at the present time, I nonetheless sincerely apologise to anyone I may have genuinely offended.

“I am very grateful to Today FM, the Olympia Panto and TV3 for the space and time I’ve been granted to deal with the situation. I have however come to the personal decision that I need time away from the spotlight after decades in the entertainment industry. I have informed Today FM that I am resigning from the station with immediate effect.

“To my family, colleagues, friends and fans I thank you for your many, many messages of support.”
      Last edited by Guest; 19-11-17, 18:00.

Comment

Actually that tops mcgregor one from last week
        Basically all the allegations are true but it’s grand cos I’m flamboyant and outrageous
        Sorry to anyone who was genuinely offended(implication being all the lads who had their balls grabbed are dry shites)

It’s hard to believe anyone involved in PR had a part in writing that it’s shocking

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
          You should see the statement he just released
          He’s been taking apology lessons from Conor McGregor it seems

I have been completely taken aback by reports in the media and on the social networks over the weekend, and by the scale and tone of the vitriol. While my conduct, which had been in keeping with my flamboyant and outrageous public persona may be regarded as offensive and unacceptable by many people, I at no time intended to upset anyone.

“Up until now, I had been unaware of these complaints or the impact of my conduct and I am truly sorry for any distress I may have caused in what I had regarded as light-hearted and good-natured circumstances.

“Although, on legal advice, I cannot comment on specific allegations at the present time, I nonetheless sincerely apologise to anyone I may have genuinely offended.

“I am very grateful to Today FM, the Olympia Panto and TV3 for the space and time I’ve been granted to deal with the situation. I have however come to the personal decision that I need time away from the spotlight after decades in the entertainment industry. I have informed Today FM that I am resigning from the station with immediate effect.

“To my family, colleagues, friends and fans I thank you for your many, many messages of support.”
          Exactly like I said. What a weasely little scrote
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Are you not allowed to use commas on Twitter

Comment

Also pretty sure Irish people and Americans can't be compatriots either...counterparts maybe?

Comment

24 yr old nobody

'decades in the entertainment industry'

Lololololz

Comment

Comment

11-a-side hurling in a baseball stadium with NFL yard markers, soccer-sized goals and a basketball shot-clock.
                      TG4 if that interests anyone.

Comment

Fair oul sweat now for anyone invested in the Mass Murderer last longer

Adams will probably win out there and might just top the final headcount for non combatants murdered, as long as you don't count the people who died in the famines Mugabwe oversaw
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Watching it for a while, seems better than normal hurling. Didn't cop there was a shot clock until you said!.
                          Anyone else having problems redeeming Topaz app offers?. I seem to be getting in a rukus every time I try and fail to redeem an offer. The thing never scans and it seems to be a first for staff. Unless I'm the only one who redeems stuff on the topaz app. Was there over 10 minutes yesterday discussing these problems with the manager!.

Comment

One Time for the RTE employee arrested in one of those peado honeytrap operations to be one of their dire celebs, or better still that pisspoor secret producer.

How stupid or desperate would you have to be to fall for a trap like that?

Comment

Don't follow the American Football at all but love seeing these and taking two or three looks to figure out what happened

Comment

Jesus, that statement is horrendous, looks like he wrote that himself rather than a PR / Management company

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Don't follow the American Football at all but love seeing these and taking two or three looks to figure out what happened

Genius, got it on the second watch.

Also, lol at the #66 breaking his fat ass at what is an absolutely futile attempt to catch the TD scorer.
                                  Last edited by gorrrr72; 19-11-17, 21:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Fair oul sweat now for anyone invested in the Mass Murderer last longer

Adams will probably win out there and might just top the final headcount for non combatants murdered, as long as you don't count the people who died in the famines Mugabwe oversaw
                                    It's a no contest. The Zim army massacred 20,000+ in one action alone in Matabeleland.
                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 19-11-17, 21:49.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      It's a no contest. The Zim army massacred 20,000+ in one action alone in Matabeleland.
                                      Ah yeah but I doubt that Bob ever stooped as low personally ordering a young widow to be dragged out of her home in front of her children and murdered

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Twigged it first watch. TV crew at fault. First shot clearly shows the ball heading for the far touchline.

Comment

Ah yeah but I doubt that Bob ever stooped as low personally ordering a young widow to be dragged out of her home in front of her children and murdered
                                          Oh he did. The Bush War was extremely nasty.

Comment

Who ordered the young widow to be dragged out and murdered?

Comment

I'm sure he did but that wouldn't fit your narrative.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                Don't feed him.

Comment

Adams was in charge of the Belfast Brigade of the PIRA at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                    Actually that tops mcgregor one from last week
                                                    Basically all the allegations are true but it’s grand cos I’m flamboyant and outrageous
                                                    Sorry to anyone who was genuinely offended(implication being all the lads who had their balls grabbed are dry shites)

It’s hard to believe anyone involved in PR had a part in writing that it’s shocking
                                                    The reaction is even more bizarre (or maybe explains the statement), people basically tweeting him "ul mate, sure it was just a laugh, fuck the begrudgers".

What happens the likes of him and CK now, tough to see them ever working in the business again?

Comment

Your boy is a mur-diddly-urderer m8.
                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                        The reaction is even more bizarre (or maybe explains the statement), people basically tweeting him "ul mate, sure it was just a laugh, fuck the begrudgers".

What happens the likes of him and CK now, tough to see them ever working in the business again?
                                                        Porter has hardly earned enough to just walk off into the sunset though, he's only 25 or something. Who knows what he does now

Comment

Louis sells out the point in the morning.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            Adams was in charge of the Belfast Brigade of the PIRA at the time.
                                                            Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                            Your boy is a mur-diddly-urderer m8.
                                                            Any links to a conviction m8s?

Comment

1/10

Comment

Has anybody here any knowledge of the RTE archives and how they work?
                                                                Long shot I know, but I figure this is as good a place as any to ask.

The gist is, I'm looking for details of a particular episode of the Late Late show. It aired years ago, late 90s to early 2000s, I'm assuming Kenny years, but could have been Gaybo I suppose. There was an athlete on it who spoke about recovering from illness, most likely cancer. I realize this is incredibly vague, and there have 100s of episodes over the period.
                                                                Just said I'd throw it out here in case, anyone recalls the episode from my vague description, or knows of a reliable way to search the archives.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                  Has anybody here any knowledge of the RTE archives and how they work?
                                                                  Long shot I know, but I figure this is as good a place as any to ask.

The gist is, I'm looking for details of a particular episode of the Late Late show. It aired years ago, late 90s to early 2000s, I'm assuming Kenny years, but could have been Gaybo I suppose. There was an athlete on it who spoke about recovering from illness, most likely cancer. I realize this is incredibly vague, and there have 100s of episodes over the period.
                                                                  Just said I'd throw it out here in case, anyone recalls the episode from my vague description, or knows of a reliable way to search the archives.
                                                                  Havent a clue, but to help narrow it down slightly, did you mean an athlete who suffered from it during his peek competitive years and recovered to compete again at top level?

Only one I can think of that would fit this category would be Lance Armstrong, but I don't think he appeared on the Late Late.
                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                      Havent a clue, but to help narrow it down slightly, did you mean an athlete who suffered from it during his peek competitive years and recovered to compete again at top level?

Only one I can think of that would fit this category would be Lance Armstrong, but I don't think he appeared on the Late Late.
                                                                      I'd be flabbergasted if he was talking about Lance armstrong.

As far as I know, the Rte archives aren't public. No harm sending Rte an email to ask though. Alternatively, pm newbie 2 as I think he works for them.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

This would have been an Irish athlete. He would have been in hospital in Dublin, around early in 1995.

Comment

One time on the #rtepaedo being the secret producer
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

This would have been an Irish athlete. He would have been in hospital in Dublin, around early in 1995.
                                                                            Are you sure mate, do you know who Lance Armstrong is? Could be him
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              Are you sure mate, do you know who Lance Armstrong is? Could be him
                                                                              The moon landing guy. Nah, he'd be way too old by the 90s.

Comment

Any links to a conviction m8s?
                                                                                You were happy to fuck young Ibrahim out with no convictions, but you want to see one for Gerry before you'll believe any wrongdoing?
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

What's the story behind the rte guy? How was that sting orchestrated?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                    CK will be grand, I'd say. Never the same heights, but he'll be fine as he's supertalented. Al is just gone. Guess he can try charity work to try to rehabilitate, but that's not going to work. Maybe something like hosting nights in a nightclub and writing a book. That TD who resigned, Nulty, went on to do a PhD.
                                                                                    You'd imagine Louis would have a lot more loots and in a while could probably do writing or other less involved roles. Porter on the other hand I'd guess is goosed. Just can't get my head around the Louis CK stuff at all.

I wonder about the PR too. The people with Louis and Spacey dropped them once everything became public. It's hard to believe that their PR people weren't aware of what was happening, so really they only dropped them when things became difficult. Who's gonna hire someone like that when either you can get someone with morals, or some Max Clifford scumbag that will sit with you in the trenches.
                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-11-17, 10:22.

Comment

What's the story behind the rte guy? How was that sting orchestrated?

Someone set up a fake profile of a 13 year old girl to catch paedos on camera when they went to meet them

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                        Someone set up a fake profile of a 13 year old girl to catch paedos on camera when they went to meet them
                                                                                        So just general dragnet rather than a specific target?

Rte secret producer is an awful disappointment btw. Rte staff are lazy and fair city is shite, what a shocker.

Comment

So just general dragnet rather than a specific target?

Rte secret producer is an awful disappointment btw. Rte staff are lazy and fair city is shite, what a shocker.

Not totally sure but got the impression it was one of those vigilante type groups who set up the accounts and then publicly out the paedo

Comment

Pretty big news around the water cooler in here.

The video is on "Predators Exposed" facebook page. Pretty incriminating IMO. He really found it hard to come up with a story or at least keep his mouth shut until he was in custody with a solicitor present. I'm wondering how much of the 'evidence' can be admissible considering it wasn't a targeted investigation by the police?

Anyway, he'll never work here again.

And yes, I know him quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                              Pretty big news around the water cooler in here.

The video is on "Predators Exposed" facebook page. Pretty incriminating IMO. He really found it hard to come up with a story or at least keep his mouth shut until he was in custody with a solicitor present. I'm wondering how much of the 'evidence' can be admissible considering it wasn't a targeted investigation by the police?

Anyway, he'll never work here again.

And yes, I know him quite well.
                                                                                              Would he be a name known to the wider public or just a background employee?

Comment

There is a 44 minute video of them approaching him too. He's visibly shitting it. I turned off after a couple of minutes though when he started to make up an excuse on the spot. Filth bag.

Comment

I saw a video recently I think it might have been MSN linked it here of some lad being caught in Naas by two wans from the North who Facebook live the whole thing.
                                                                                                  Their schtick is to lead him along as a horney 13 year old who wants to hook up with him and then when he goes to meet the kid they get in his face and confront him aggressively and get him to confess on the spot to what at this stage are just a bit past thought crimes.
                                                                                                  Obv no sympathy whatsoever on any level for any lad who is trying it on with kids but I'm a bit suspicious of the motives and methods of the vigilantes.
                                                                                                  Its all stinks a bit of the Pete Townsend line of ' I needed to download peado porn so as I could help the poor innocent children involved'

Comment

Just glad it wasn't you newbie. Phew.
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      Would he be a name known to the wider public or just a background employee?
                                                                                                      Background employee (sport producer)

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      Just glad it wasn't you newbie. Phew.
                                                                                                      Not this time.....

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            That whole paedo trap thing sounds like there's some very sad people involved in it. Imagine how empty your life would have to be to be going around trying to encourage people to sleep with 13-year olds.
                                                                                                            Not even original
                                                                                                            SPOILER

Comment

Still pretty shook about the whole thing TBH. You think you know someone etc...

Comment

One thing that I wondered about. Is how exactly do they get people on the hook with these fake profiles. Makes sense if there is a specific target obviously. But when they are just general jailbaiting, where exactly do they hang out on Facebook.

Edit: Obviously this isn't a question for google
                                                                                                                Last edited by Mellor; 20-11-17, 11:43.

Comment

I suppose , if your heads not exactly straight and you have these 'feelings', you're so desperate to fulfill them you don't think straight. What sane 53 year old man would think that a 13 yr old would fancy them? It's so ludicrous.

Definitely a few fries short of a happy meal.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                                                    I suppose , if your heads not exactly straight and you have these 'feelings', you're so desperate to fulfill them you don't think straight. What sane 53 year old man would think that a 13 yr old would fancy them? It's so ludicrous.

Definitely a few fries short of a happy meal.
                                                                                                                    Oh yeah definitely not the full shilling. I didn't mean how does he believe it, it was more how do the fakers find the old guys? They're hardly messaging every 50 year old they can find. And similarly, the old boys are hardly chancing their arm with 100s of pre-teens.

Comment

Sorry Emmet, I don't want that linked here. Legal stuff and all, but I want to play it safe here, so no videos or names please.

Comment

Just watched the video. had to laugh when the guy couldn't say if the dick pic was his or not! like most lads would know their own in the dark i'd say

Comment

Just to ad. It's possible that he had a form of non-hogkins lymphoma.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X