Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    What price is McGregor to lose in the first?
    28/1

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
      28/1
      Seems deserving of a bet? Although Floyd probably wants to properly humilate him over several rounds.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Dear England, you are mentally ill, get help.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

You can't bet on somebody to lose a boxing match. That sort of indecorous behavior is most ungentlemanly.

If a civilized gentleman would instead like to wager Mayweather wins in the first, your local bookkeep might offer you 25-1.

Comment

Seems deserving of a bet? Although Floyd probably wants to properly humilate him over several rounds.
              Floyd susses his opponents out for first 2/3 rounds then goes to work not getting hit and pointing his way to victory. He could well destroy Conors body and finish him somewhere in the middle of the fight. Prob the only bet I'll have if I bother is backing that.

The whole thing is a cluster fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                I need to start a class soon, been under orders from the physio to do it for the last couple of months but haven't managed to organise it yet.

There seems to be an awful lot of classes, how do I tell a good one from a not so good one?

I'm assuming there will be a big variation in quality between instructors, class sizes and how experienced the other punters are or is it just a matter of following a fixed program?

Would need to be somewhere handy for after work somewhere between Clondalkin and Naas
                Do it before or after work ? Do I need a shower after a class?
                I've heard good reports from here... http://louiseorourkephysiotherapy.ie/

Mrs. Brianmc is checking it out for the first time this evening.

Comment

I presume we're all going all in, yeah?

Comment

Legend!

Comment

I know it was asked before but can't remember - going wedding present rate for a couple (cousins wedding), and does it make any difference if its fairly upmarket. €200?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                        I know it was asked before but can't remember - going wedding present rate for a couple (cousins wedding), and does it make any difference if its fairly upmarket. €200?
                        200-300 depending on how much ye like them. 200 is fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                          I always go with €200 no matter the location.

Comment

I really can't wait until this boxing nonsense is over and done with. I'll of course watch the fight but there's so many cracking legit fights on the MMA side coming up in the next couple of months that this distraction is just tedious

Comment

Stick couple hundred on Mcgregor to have a point deducted at 5/2 and thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                200-300 depending on how much ye like them. 200 is fine.
                                Cheers, will split the difference at €250 so. Saving on accomodation as rather spend €60 on a taxi than €400 on a bed for a few hours

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post

How much are the Pilates reformer classes running at do you know... website is not going tell until you have created an account
                                  Their moronic password rules and failed phone number parsing made me close the page.

Comment

Speaking of GFs, myself and now formerly Mrs Jibzzzz decided to call it a day, a few weeks ago, after 7 years.

Bit of a shock to the system, as houses and marriage were just around the corner.

Is what it is I guess.

Comment

On the subject of crazy femmes, anyone admit to watching CBB?
                                      Sarah Harding (ex Girls Aloud singer) is certifiably insane, a genuine lock her up for observation case.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        Big row after a holiday?
                                        Nah we kind of knew before that but went ahead anyway. Guess we used it as a deciding factor but put shit aside and it enjoyed it anyway.

Comment

That sucks man, sorry to hear.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            On the subject of crazy femmes, anyone admit to watching CBB?
                                            Sarah Harding (ex Girls Aloud singer) is certifiably insane, a genuine lock her up for observation case.
                                            AJ falling in my estimation.

Although he's never enjoyed his once godlike status since he tried to persuade me that a certain HC game could never be scheduled for a Sunday....

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                              Speaking of GFs, myself and now formerly Mrs Jibzzzz decided to call it a day, a few weeks ago, after 7 years.

Bit of a shock to the system, as houses and marriage were just around the corner.

Is what it is I guess.
                                              Sorry to hear man.

Although I must applaud the scale of your plans. 'Houses'.

Affluence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                Stick couple hundred on Mcgregor to have a point deducted at 5/2 and thank me later.
                                                That's actually a great bet.
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

All good m8s, as time goes by feels the right choice. More time will tell.

All aboard that McGregor bet 5/2.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jibbbzzz. Will have to go for pince soon

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      hmmmm
                                                      No wife, no kid, I 100% take the below approach now.

And it keeps coming....
                                                      XXXX have asked if you could stay on an extra week....

Taking the piss at this stage
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        And it keeps coming....
                                                        XXXX have asked if you could stay on an extra week....

Taking the piss at this stage
                                                        You been looking around?

Comment

Sorry to hear that jibzzz. Relationships aren't easy. Better to decide now though rather than get a messy divorce or something.

Comment

You been looking around?
                                                            Thought you had quoted jibzzz there for min.
                                                            Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              How much are the Pilates reformer classes running at do you know... website is not going tell until you have created an account
                                                              Their moronic password rules and failed phone number parsing made me close the page.
                                                              Yep, the address parsing is worse. Mrs. failed to sign up - you have to pay through the site. I removed all punctuation from the address in the end to get through.

From memory of a one way conversation - about €12 a class... not sure if 45 mins or an hour. I could be way off. No discounts for bulk purchases is the bit I do remember.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              Legend, never knew that place existed and was struggling to keep it up in Rathfarnham. Il be signing up here post haste.
                                                              I'll warn her.

Comment

City are priced tonight almost like they're the finished article title certs against a handy Everton side. They may well prove to be but until they actually start playing like it which they haven't yet under Pep, you'd have to be laying the hype.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

You been looking around?
                                                                  nosing around.
                                                                  Took me a while to get some semblance of an updated CV (cheers to Richie for the pointers)
                                                                  Have a couple of meetings in the next week with companies/agencies and CV has gone into one or two spots.

*snipped for decorum *

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    City are priced tonight almost like they're the finished article title certs against a handy Everton side. They may well prove to be but until they actually start playing like it which they haven't yet under Pep, you'd have to be laying the hype.
                                                                    Thought 10/1 Everton is a bit much alright.

Comment

Yep, the address parsing is worse. Mrs. failed to sign up - you have to pay through the site. I removed all punctuation from the address in the end to get through.

From memory of a one way conversation - about €12 a class... not sure if 45 mins or an hour. I could be way off. No discounts for bulk purchases is the bit I do remember.

I'll warn her.
                                                                      I literally spent 40 minutes trying to beat it and gave up, I think I have a half created account that is now giving me one of those passive aggressive Its you thats fucked this up type message.

Its a good test case of how not to do a simple webform
                                                                      • State is mandatory but they have helpfully given a drop down list of provinces
                                                                      • Password policy is designed to force poor security
                                                                      • Phone number parsing is broken
                                                                      • Post Code is mandatory
                                                                      • Address parsing is broken
                                                                      • Probably all parsing is broken
                                                                      • Mandatory to enter an email adddress for next of Kin GTFO@GFY.co.FU
                                                                      • Date format if forced American

. Tried calling them but its only an answering machine the robospeak message is:
                                                                      'This is an answering machine'

Still and all the same location and class times suit so I might try to call them again tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                        In my experience telling women that they are over reacting a tad is not a good idea.
                                                                        With a straight face, tell her she is underreacting.

Presumed this was odds on.
                                                                        Wonder is he on any financial deductions for it though.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

3/1 on sky bet

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                            Wonder is he on any financial deductions for it though.
                                                                            Dana White has confirmed financial penalty if McGregor goes all MMA on Mayweather but as to what extent i do not know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                              Dana White has confirmed financial penalty if McGregor goes all MMA on Mayweather but as to what extent i do not know.
                                                                              He will be deducted pts without financial penalty for dirty tactics being rough in the clinch etc not using mma moves as such.

Comment

Sorry to hear you and the missus split Jibzzzz. But it is a good thing to do this now before the houses and the marriage become reality as it is a much bigger problem then. Takes more guts to realise it just isn't right and to split that to stay in a relationship regardless.

Enjoy some peace and quiet before getting back on the hoss and enjoy being single for a while.

Comment

Is what it is I guess.
                                                                                  Did you lose her keys?

Comment

He will be deducted pts without financial penalty for dirty tactics being rough in the clinch etc not using mma moves as such.
                                                                                    Would you not be concerned the dirty knacker head would be boxed off him before he can attempt such antics?

Comment

Is there any way they could both lose? Ideally with some shady Don King type making off with all the loots.

One Time Boxing Gods
                                                                                      If McGregor knocks him out with a flying kick it's basically a double loss.

Comment

Would you not be concerned the dirty knacker head would be boxed off him before he can attempt such antics?
                                                                                        Nope i cant see him losing early .

Comment

I'm all over that. A 1st round defeat will humilate him enough. He'll walk into a few saving the old guys energy. Get on it.

Comment

Is what it is I guess.

My guess is yer young enough for a couple more 7 year relationships.

Paging Peace and Fire , paging peace and Fire.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Sorry to hear you and the missus split Jibzzzz. But it is a good thing to do this now before the houses and the marriage become reality as it is a much bigger problem then. Takes more guts to realise it just isn't right and to split that to stay in a relationship regardless.

Enjoy some peace and quiet before getting back on the hoss and enjoy being single for a while.
                                                                                              Her name is Peace and FIRE.

Comment

3 mins from my house. Good choice. Be booking some soon

Comment

So the keys turned up on my computer desk, not sure how they got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                    So the keys turned up on my computer desk, not sure how they got there.
                                                                                                    Tis all downhill from here. Such a shame and you were such a bright lad too.

Comment

For the Mayweather/McGregor fight I'll have my money on Mayweather decision @ 11/4.
                                                                                                      I've talked myself out of completely lumping on Floyd, going to BBQ, get drunk and enjoy it.

Comment

Surely we're well overdue an IPB beers night and out of respect for Jbizzz's recent news, we should change it to an IPB beers and strippers night?

Comment

Excellent view of the 10% of the eclipse we can see from here right now.
                                                                                                          Stick two CD's together and look through the surface (not the hole) of them

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                            I've talked myself out of completely lumping on Floyd, .
                                                                                                            Why what has changed, well aside from Floyds price getting more inexplicably attractive?

Amazing how many have got drawn in by the marketing and media shitshow and seemimgly forget the basic fact it's the greatest boxer of our generation up against an amateur. The analysis begins and ends there.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              Why what has changed, well aside from Floyds price getting more inexplicably attractive?

Amazing how many have got drawn in by the marketing and media shitshow and seemimgly forget the basic fact it's the greatest boxer of our generation up against an amateur. The analysis begins and ends there.
                                                                                                              I have no logical reason, he wins baring a fight stopping injury.
                                                                                                              I'm going to be in a house full of non gambling, very casual fight fans, drinking and eating not sure I want to have a big bet on and would rather just enjoy it (read as bottling it )

Come Friday/Saturday I may change my mind again.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                                I have no logical reason, he wins baring a fight stopping injury.
                                                                                                                I'm going to be in a house full of non gambling, very casual fight fans, drinking and eating not sure I want to have a big bet on and would rather just enjoy it (read as bottling it )

Come Friday/Saturday I may change my mind again.
                                                                                                                What's to enjoy? It's a garbage event. This is not good sport. Only thing putting me off personally is that it's boxing so I struggle to trust in its intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                  I presume we're all going all in, yeah?
                                                                                                                  Can't see why not

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                    What's to enjoy? It's a garbage event. This is not good sport. Only thing putting me off personally is that it's boxing so I struggle to trust in its intentions.
                                                                                                                    The ridiculousness of it even taking place?

It's highly likely to be a terrible fight, Mayweather taking his time to pick McGregor apart.
                                                                                                                    And everyone complaining after that Floyd took our money again.

Why would it being boxing put you off? Every sport has had fixed events before.

Comment

Thought 10/1 Everton is a bit much alright.
                                                                                                                      ...Sweat is on now...

Comment

Live pictures of Keane watching the Rose of tralee

SPOILER

Comment

Everton bets going well
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X