Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exciting finish, mayo bottle job. Et should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Speith is full of charisma alright. Think you BBV'd Mcilory while you were at it
      Posted that just before the double bogey.yeah really just meant McElroy,shame he's out of the picture now.hate speith at least it's not bubba though

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
        Dobby m8, you misread. Easy money that really. Pity Seamie came off after 50 mins to ruin the sweat.
        Oh shit. Wp m8

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          Speaking of Ivey. This is a interesting 30 for 30 podcast in which they interview the girl who helped him perform the edge sorting advantage play from which they won millions.

Opr
          that was really interesting.

I've never really taken to podcasts, but I just might from now on. Although it seems a little contrived.

I wonder did Ivey ever use any of the 'skills' learned off yer wan while playing the pokerz?

Comment

Cheers mate...

Comment

To bp-me that is ...

Comment

Mmm. Felt like enough of a walk of shame, going to an offie at 9pm on a Saturday. The nearest booze shop happens to be an Aldi. Arrive at 9.04, only to find out they close at 9 on a Saturday. Had to walk about another 200m to an O'Briens that was still open
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    How does a seasoned pro like yourself not have ample reserves?!
                    I've had to accept that I'm just not disciplined enough to have reserves.

Comment

Had some stellar duck dishes in hang dai this evening. Cocktails pretty special too
                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Comment

I never understand people who have a mini-bar in their house. How do they do it?
                          Started into a half bottle of gin, and a half bottle of whiskey about 2pm. Really meant to go for a nap at some stage. Twas all gone around 9

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hitch you love PTSB, here are the latest changes.

I have never had any fees from PTSB as a legacy account holder (25+ years I have the account now) but just got a letter today on return from my holiday (a down from my high of amsterdam). €18 quarterlies, but can avail of free fees for 18 months by lodging salary.

For people who have been already doping that though they are screwed.

They can get 25% off for each of these:
                                • lodge salary
                                • have a loan of 10k open
                                • have 10k just sitting in there

That would give you 75% off fees and is a shite deal.

I think you can waive the fees if you have an average of "1000 cleared credit balance" in the account, not even sure what that means unless it's just your bank balance.

I never understand people who have a mini-bar in their house. How do they do it?
                                It's just more organised, my kitchen counter is mostly olive oil, whiskey and gin.

Comment

Comment

Last night I got so drunk me bird blocked me on her phone, whatsapp, snapchat, messenger and viber. I also met icky, he told me I was more handsome than he expected me to be. I told him I needed to have a piss

Comment

Mostly thanking that for 'me bird'. A phrase I last heard about 1985.

Comment

I loved them paying me money. It was a purely commercial relationship, although it was mad not to be with their free banking offer at the time.

FFS that's quite a lot for not much! I'm paying them €12 a quarter at the mo, so presume that's going to rise too. They're a bit of a shit bank, as they haven't got any money to lend, so there's no particular benefit to building up a good relationship with them. Seems like it would be worth switching to BoI for you. Cheaper, plus building up a good relationship with them will mean something if you e.g. need a mortgage someday.
                                        SOmebodyhas to keep you in plaid shirts after all!

BoI have cheaper fees is it? Sounds like I need a relationship manager for all these relationships. I am free for 18 months yet so we will reconvene.

Comment

Alison Brie and Marc Marron in Glow relevant to the interests of many around here
                                          Quality too

I am Kuntar
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            Hitch you love PTSB, here are the latest changes.

I have never had any fees from PTSB as a legacy account holder (25+ years I have the account now) but just got a letter today on return from my holiday (a down from my high of amsterdam). €18 quarterlies, but can avail of free fees for 18 months by lodging salary.

For people who have been already doping that though they are screwed.

They can get 25% off for each of these:
                                            • lodge salary
                                            • have a loan of 10k open
                                            • have 10k just sitting in there

That would give you 75% off fees and is a shite deal.

I think you can waive the fees if you have an average of "1000 cleared credit balance" in the account, not even sure what that means unless it's just your bank balance.

It's just more organised, my kitchen counter is mostly olive oil, whiskey and gin.
                                            SPOILER
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I was just living in a forest in amsterdam for a week, I still cool!

Comment

Hard to top the Supermacs sausage bucket, but some good images of 1970s dinner party suggestions here. The two best being:

Drugs are a hell of a drug.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Posted that just before the double bogey.yeah really just meant McElroy,shame he's out of the picture now.hate speith at least it's not bubba though
                                                  Agreed. Cant stand Bubba and while I have an idea I cant definitely say why
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Liverpool Leicester has been very entertaining for pre season fare so far as well. Grand day of sport for July with the golf too.
                                                    First half was a good watch. If Coutinho goes to Barcelona it will kill any optimism I have going into this season regardless of what other business is done in the market with incoming players. The team has plenty of pace, power and endless legs now but the lack of real creative flair without him is frightening. The stupid fee for him means nothing when you are paying stupid fees for even an average player now. I always wondered why more clubs didn't front load money into buying players a year ago as this kind of market was always coming when this new TV money eventually kicked in.

Opr

Comment

Agreed. Cant stand Bubba and while I have an idea I cant definitely say why
                                                      Might be the God loving and fearing man child thing he has going on or the fact he's a monumental cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                        Might be the God loving and fearing man child thing he has going on or the fact he's a monumental cunt.
                                                        aye i think that may be it. and his fucking hair
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

aye i think that may be it. and his fucking hair
                                                          Left handers are usually autistic inbred fools.

Comment

I loved them paying me money. It was a purely commercial relationship, although it was mad not to be with their free banking offer at the time.

FFS that's quite a lot for not much! I'm paying them €12 a quarter at the mo, so presume that's going to rise too. They're a bit of a shit bank, as they haven't got any money to lend, so there's no particular benefit to building up a good relationship with them. Seems like it would be worth switching to BoI for you. Cheaper, plus building up a good relationship with them will mean something if you e.g. need a mortgage someday.
                                                            Thank God you came to you senses.ROI bank wide are robbing everyone for the "privilege" of having a bank a/c. But PTSB are really just a makey upey bank. Stay strong with the BOI shares they'll eventually come good . Really thought you'd be on here recommending the quick AIB sale...
                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                              ready player one is an awesome book.
                                                              Interesting to see how they do it and will they keep the timelines intact
                                                              Dripping with references

Scan the QR code on the car
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                First half was a good watch. If Coutinho goes to Barcelona it will kill any optimism I have going into this season regardless of what other business is done in the market with incoming players. The team has plenty of pace, power and endless legs now but the lack of real creative flair without him is frightening. The stupid fee for him means nothing when you are paying stupid fees for even an average player now. I always wondered why more clubs didn't front load money into buying players a year ago as this kind of market was always coming when this new TV money eventually kicked in.

Opr
                                                                I see fuck all power in that Liverpool squad tbh!

Comment

Comment

Nice reply to read.of a Sunday morn
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

going on a stag in carrick on shannon anyone know if i can avail of any overweight elderly strippers/dwarfs etc .....anything besides standard stripper
                                                                      all suggestions welcome

Comment

Originally posted by noname1255 View Post
                                                                        going on a stag in carrick on shannon anyone know if i can avail of any overweight elderly strippers/dwarfs etc .....anything besides standard stripper
                                                                        all suggestions welcome
                                                                        Was on a stag there 3 years ago found it extremely grim. Full of scum bags from Dublin rowdy overcrowded not sure if stripper chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                          Was on a stag there 3 years ago found it extremely grim. Full of scum bags from Dublin rowdy overcrowded not sure if stripper chances.
                                                                          Never get a train from Dublin on the Sligo line on a Friday afternoon,full of can swilling Dub morons laughing at each other's grim banter

Comment

Dunkirk pretty much justified the hype I thought,nice of them not to shoehorn in some shite love story for once.

Comment

red Lenovo idea pad issue
                                                                              On Chrome it looks like CTRL key is stuck for instance pressing v will paste clipboard text, z will undo and a will select all
                                                                              But on a text editor, or in IE everything works fine

Then windows 10 search bar c, v and h keys to not work but all others do
                                                                              Ctrl v, Ctrl c and Ctrl A all work as expected

External keyboard shows the same behaviour
                                                                              Chrome was reinstalled

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                red Lenovo idea pad issue
                                                                                On Chrome it looks like CTRL key is stuck for instance pressing v will paste clipboard text, z will undo and a will select all
                                                                                But on a text editor, or in IE everything works fine

Then windows 10 search bar c, v and h keys to not work but all others do
                                                                                Ctrl v, Ctrl c and Ctrl A all work as expected

External keyboard shows the same behaviour
                                                                                Chrome was reinstalled
                                                                                I have had this issue now with two computers and I cannot find anything that is causing it. I disabled sticky keys. I replaced the keyboard I replaced the operating system I replaced the entire co...

Comment

Airbnb's 'experiences' thing has some very odd people offering to spend time with you doing very alternative things.

Stuff your rodent and enjoy a vegetarian lunch?

Comment

What's wrong with BoI shares? They're up 40% since the collapse post brexit. That's a spectacular return by any metric.

Quick AIB sale would have made more sense, than holding on to them, even if they did rise more.
                                                                                    I thought that 30 old shares is only one now?

Comment

Been there , done all that, no change

except downloading sharpkeys and disabling ctrl which im going to try now

Comment

maybe filter keys activated?
                                                                                        try windows+space
                                                                                        or
                                                                                        start+u
                                                                                        open onscreen keyboard
                                                                                        close it
                                                                                        Should solve the problem
                                                                                        Last edited by DeadParrot; 23-07-17, 13:34.

Comment

Been there , done all that, no change

except downloading sharpkeys and disabling ctrl which im going to try now
                                                                                          OK disabling right ctrl with sharpkeys worked

WTF

Comment

start+u
                                                                                            open onscreen keyboard
                                                                                            close it
                                                                                            Should solve the problem
                                                                                            No, that didn't do anything nor did any of the key press combos suggested in the stack overflow answer.

Comment

...

Comment

Kuuuuuuuch
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

No, that didn't do anything nor did any of the key press combos suggested in the stack overflow answer.
                                                                                                  I have the same problem periodically on my dev box, it's usually something to do with ease of access settings I'd enabled by mistyping or something

Comment

wobbly Spieth

Comment

I'm guessing you can't (or really shouldn't) put things like old roasting tine, frying pans, etc into a black bin? Where should they be disposed of?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        I'm guessing you can't (or really shouldn't) put things like old roasting tine, frying pans, etc into a black bin? Where should they be disposed of?
                                                                                                        Bring them to local dump/recycling centre. If that's too much hassle, just put them in the bin. Nobody will know

Comment

I have the same problem periodically on my dev box, it's usually something to do with ease of access settings I'd enabled by mistyping or something
                                                                                                          Yeah, I think its something like that. Its my daughters , she got it last week and after coming from using a chromepad for years has been re configuring scroll and touchpad settings but I couldn't find any accessibility settings or sticky keys enabled.

Comment

Dunkirk pretty much justified the hype I thought,nice of them not to shoehorn in some shite love story for once.
                                                                                                            +1 Just saw it in the ifi, several Oscars on the way I'd imagine

Comment

...

Comment

Game on,great to see speith overanalysing yet another simple putt backfiring

Comment

Some shocking golf from the two leaders!

Comment

@hitch

season 3 of le bureau de legendes was another great one

and the new Vargas is out as well

hope you're now watching and reading these in French!!

Comment

Game on,great to see speith overanalysing yet another simple putt backfiring
                                                                                                                      Got sucked into laying him when he shortened on BF after bogeying the first, don't see anyone coming to my rescue and he'll limp home at -7 for the win

Comment

Mother Nature will know, you heartless bastard.

Seems, based on a quick check, that a lot of them can't be recycled due to the coatings they have on them, and chucking them in the regular bin is what you are meant to do. This list from a UK council says that anyway.
                                                                                                                        Did p&f hack your account?

Comment

he's all over the shop!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X