Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    My mate's mum was Lebanese. Her girlfriend was really butch.
    Israely true?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
      Jackie Brown is badly written
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        The finest.i feel sorry for eejits who spunked their dough on an nespresso.
        Best thing is the ease of cleaning
        +1 for cleaning.
        Press coffee, open cap, eject grounds into bin. Rinse under tap. Done.

I just need somebody to figure out how to get a short-black/espresso out if it.

Comment

Fairly sensational yougov poll for Labour in Wales yesterday, 16 point swing, could hold all their seats of which 7 were on the Torys Top 50 Target list.
          If this indicates that Jezza can hold onto their heartlands then the Tories don't win by quite as much as previously thought. Still potential for a Labour wipeout in the Midlands though.
          Theresa May is increasingly appearing to be terrible (very poor on Andrew Neil last night) and there isn't a lot on their front bench (keeping proven winner Boris hidden away may be a policy they'll have to look at).
          A pity Labour has equally woeful people like Diane Abbott.

326-350 at 10/1 with bet365 looks a sporting bet, with a stake saver on the next band up at 4/1. Currently 330 seats.

Comment

Re film runs
            Micheal Mann-last of the mohicans,Heat,The Insider,Ali,Collateral.

Well Ali wasn't up to much But Heat being the greatest movie of all time makes up for it

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Fairly sensational yougov poll for Labour in Wales yesterday, 16 point swing, could hold all their seats of which 7 were on the Torys Top 50 Target list.
              If this indicates that Jezza can hold onto their heartlands then the Tories don't win by quite as much as previously thought. Still potential for a Labour wipeout in the Midlands though.
              Theresa May is increasingly appearing to be terrible (very poor on Andrew Neil last night) and there isn't a lot on their front bench (keeping proven winner Boris hidden away may be a policy they'll have to look at).
              A pity Labour has equally woeful people like Diane Abbott.

326-350 at 10/1 with bet365 looks a sporting bet, with a stake saver on the next band up at 4/1. Currently 330 seats.

https://www.oddschecker.com/politics...rvative-banded
              they'll get a bounce from the Manchester attacks (party of law and order etc etc) -Corbyn portrayed as a terrorist sympathiser\appeaser in the media
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The finest.i feel sorry for eejits who spunked their dough on an nespresso.
                  Best thing is the ease of cleaning
                  Its incredible really, leaving aside that it is producing the best cup of coffee from the same grind from all the methods I have tried at home, the cleaning thing is a minor miracle.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    It seems the problem is just how against Corbyn the media is. He's rather impressive. May is painfully bad.

May is another one of those politicians where they haven't quite sewn up the lizard into its suit that well
                    Saw some cringe footage of her and her husband on some breakfast show a few weeks ago joking about how they divide the houswork
                    Like they don't have a retinue of maids

Comment

It seems the problem is just how against Corbyn the media is. He's rather impressive. May is painfully bad.

Two terribly unelectables battle again!

can you imagine May doing this interview, wouldn't be surprised if she was a narcissist.

Watch grime star JME in conversation with Labour don Jeremy Corbyn, as the two discuss grime, youth engagement, and the need to make your voice heard. JME Me...

Comment

Re film runs
                        Micheal Mann-last of the mohicans,Heat,The Insider,Ali,Collateral.

Well Ali wasn't up to much But Heat being the greatest movie of all time makes up for it
                        His 3 previous cinematic releases were decent too (skipping over TV movie LA Takedown which he remade as Heat):
                        Thief, The Keep and Manhunter

Pity Blackhat was so boring

Comment

Sean Fitzpatrick acquitted on all charges. Great little country....
                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Just back from beauticians and my beautician is a Libyan lady. We were chatting about the Manchester arena deaths and she was dreading it being confirmed it was Muslims behind it.

She would be a good friend of mine. Shame that some people tar everyone with the same brush. When I was leaving the place her next appointment had still not turned up after already being late 20 minutes.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

So, despite public opinion, people only get found guilty of a crime if they're actually guilty... That does make it seem like a great little country.
                                    I could handle perversion of justice in this particular instance

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                      The only way is up
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Thinking of using a company called Blueface for a Voip office system. Anyone any experience with them or with a voip system?
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          Thinking of using a company called Blueface for a Voip office system. Anyone any experience with them or with a voip system?
                                          I used them before when I had my own company. All worked fine for me

Comment

Just heard this off a friend in the Police

Explosion reported in Fallowfield Manchester. Police in attendance

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                  What is this graph of? Apologies if I missed it earlier.

Comment

the standard UK police procedure in these circumstances is normally to harass, harm, imprison without charge, anyone even tangentially connected, so we'll probably find out they've blown up the guy's mother in a few days after first floating the story that they've heroically captured a terrorist cell.
                                                    yup, let's blame the guys charged with keeping innocent people from being blown up

Comment

Comment

Lebanese confirmed lunatics

Years ago, we used to have a Senior VP based there who came to visit all the Irish branches - he was due to stay 2 nights in Dublin and two in Belfast. Plans changed and he stayed 3 in Dublin and 1 in Belfast. The Belfast office forgot to cancel one of his nights with the hotel so he was charged for both. Now, it wasn't his money and his expenses were in no way scrutinised but I still got loads of the following emails, all in cap letters

The hotel fuck me up ze ass and bill me for two nights!!

Why should I pay two nights if I only stay one?!?!?

The hotel fuck me hard, no cream or nothing!!!

Surely they should be gentle with me and not fuck me up ze ass so hard?!!!

Trying to respond to those emails is rather difficult without saying that I hope your ass is OK...

Comment

If we're convicting people who are investigated like this, then we're a lesser place.
                                                          trying to frame a guilty man...typical
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If we're convicting people who are investigated like this, then we're a lesser place.
                                                            Hey wow that's almost literally unbelievable.......

Comment

Roger Moore Brown bread too. 89, cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                Childhood bond
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                  Lloyds back. Someone is going to die.

Comment

Comment

Comment

In the words of an eminent member of the legal profession:

I'm saying the investigation was botched to an almost literally unbelievable degree. Sure what else could we do only set him loose after

Comment

Comment

Rilly? *lifts left eyebrow.

Comment

oh yeah i was agreeing with you
                                                                              I'm not sure you're fully agreeing with me

Comment

the standard UK police procedure in these circumstances is normally to harass, harm, imprison without charge, anyone even tangentially connected, so we'll probably find out they've blown up the guy's mother in a few days after first floating the story that they've heroically captured a terrorist cell.
                                                                                I am comfortable with a little bit of civil liberties being impinged when working to capture people who like to blow themselves up surrounded by children in crowded public places.

You may be familiar with the saying "the lesser of two evils".

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                  I am comfortable with a little bit of civil liberties being impinged when working to capture people who like to blow themselves up surrounded by children in crowded public places.

You may be familiar with the saying "the lesser of two evils".
                                                                                  personally I'm more than happy for them to be executed in cold blood

Comment

...

Comment

...
                                                                                      Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 23-05-17, 15:47.

Comment

I'm fairly certain I'm 100% agreeing with you, unless you've got some weird hidden point you're not being clear on

Edit: unless you've been made mayor of loony town and think that prosecutors have deliberately sabotaged their own careers by not investigating the case properly. but that would be a David Icke, we're run by a lizard network, level of stupid thinking
                                                                                        What's happened to their careers, out of interest?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

oh wow. you're actually going there. There's a secret golden network of lizards running the country and they all help each other out by sabotaging court cases and whatnot
                                                                                              I just find it a bit strange that a guy who apparently never led a criminal investigation before ended up in charge of the prosecution of the most high profile cowboy banker in the history of the state, as head of an apparently badly underresourced ODCE organisation.

Have the ODCE ever mishandled an investigation to such an incredible extent as this before?

Like, actually have they?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

The issue was the media built him up as a criminal, so the public wanted him convicted of a crime, so politicians did aswell, so the prosecutor did aswell, but there wasn't criminal activity by Sean and hence this disgraceful activity to falsely convict by the prosecutor.

btw the people who actually commited the crime in Anglo have been convicted, with the exception of Drumm who the state went to extraordinary lengths to get back to Ireland and will be convicted. It's a strange conspiracy where there is such a level of convictions of the top people.
                                                                                                    How come there's been no convictions or at least public floggings of anyone from the big 4 auditing firms?

Comment

yeah thats precisely the logic that led to that Brazilian guy being shot dead for no reason and then the police initially lying that he was a terrorist suspect. Its a strategy that works great until the police go around shooting innocent people dead or imprisoning others without trial.
                                                                                                      there is quite a bit of middle ground between covering up bad shootings and false imprisonment and harassing/questioning suspects and there families for extended periods.

i can live with increased surveillance both online and in camera form, would be happy to have the entire population provide DNA and fingerprints and overall surrender some of my civil liberties and rights to privacy to reduce terrorism threats and general crime levels.

Picking occasional fuckups to illustrate how the whole is unworkable is terrible logic,(no matter how terrible they are) you teach economics for a living and outliers are generally removed from data sets not the whole focus of studies.

Comment

Fantastic to see Facebook getting an absolute kicking from the media and regulators and media at the moments.hope it continues

Comment

Ramsey scored on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                            PT Anderson

Boogie Nights (1997)
                                                                                                            Magnolia (1999)
                                                                                                            Punch-Drunk Love (2002)
                                                                                                            There Will Be Blood (2007)
                                                                                                            The Master (2012)
                                                                                                            He's the one I thought of when I saw the question
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Having a tough day here fighting off Raoul and Richie's belief that cops should go around shooting people, and Raoul and DPs belief that prosecutors should go around framing people. Hmm who's the common corrupting influence?
                                                                                                                  you obv.

might stay in Rennes on our way back this year, 05-Aug for annual Hitch\Duke dinner?

Comment

This is more disappointing than when 'i'm just betting' Denny turned overnight into 'actually orange is my favourite colour'
                                                                                                                    I just find him highly entertaining, it's not like I go around wearing MAGA hats in the pub like SP.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                      He's the one I thought of when I saw the question
                                                                                                                      I've so many movies to watch if I ever make it to a retirement home.

Comment

39% average. Solid.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X