Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Six shooter
    In Bruges
    The Guard
    Seven Psychopaths
    ....confident his next will be good too
    sneaky eh?
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Well that is my movie selections sorted for the next few months anyhow. A lot of great titles listed there.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

PT Anderson

Boogie Nights (1997)
        Magnolia (1999)
        Punch-Drunk Love (2002)
        There Will Be Blood (2007)
        The Master (2012)

Comment

The Village.
          Lady In The Water.
          The Happening.
          The Last Airbender.
          After Earth.

Comment

The Godfather
            The Conversation
            The Godfather II
            Apocalypse Now

Only four in a row.

But fuck me that's some run.

Comment

sergio leone had a good run:

A Fistful of Dollars
              For a Few Dollars More
              The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
              Once Upon a Time in the West
              A Fistful of Dynamite
              Once Upon a Time in America

and one of my personal favorites:

Terry Gilliam:

Time Bandits
              Brazil
              The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
              The Fisher King
              Twelve Monkeys
              Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

honorable mention here. great start by this man, but went to shit after though

luc besson:

subway
              the big blue
              nikita
              leon
              fifth element

Comment

TV has gone on the blink. What's the best place to find a good value TV somewhere around 40 inches online or in Dublin?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                      Lenny Abrahamson's Adam and Paul, Garage, What Richard did, Frank and Room is a cracking 5 set. Improving with every film too so he could be elite if trend continues.
                      Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                      PT Anderson

Boogie Nights (1997)
                      Magnolia (1999)
                      Punch-Drunk Love (2002)
                      There Will Be Blood (2007)
                      The Master (2012)
                      Good call, I'm even coming back around to his latest one, Incoherent Mess
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        Just got a 1.5 page letter in an exam script about how it's mean to make them remember equations, and it makes their learning suffer. Young people, eh.
                        It's probably racist and sexist too.

You should lawyer up.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                          TV has gone on the blink. What's the best place to find a good value TV somewhere around 40 inches online or in Dublin?
                          Tesco seems to have some cracking value on tvs at the moment, from a cursory glance while I was passing them this evening at least.

Comment

Andy and myseelf are considering running an emoji lottery.

Simply select the emoticons on the lottery slip and await the big draw.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Walt Disney baby
                              Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs
                              Pinocchio
                              Fantasia
                              Dumbo
                              Bambi

Comment

Reservoir dogs
                                Pulp fiction
                                Jackie Brown
                                Kill Bill V1
                                Kill Bill V2

Not the biggest fan but thats impressive.

Comment

Anyone watching 'The Trial' on Channel 4?

Perhaps jurys aren't a great idea at all. These people are dopes in the main...

Comment

Russian fink Gen Mike Flynn (all these fine Irish names ) has taken the Fifth.

Good news.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                      Reservoir dogs
                                      Pulp fiction
                                      Jackie Brown
                                      Kill Bill V1
                                      Kill Bill V2

The Kill Bill films are dire.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

If i watch the Europa League final on the TV3 App using my 4g, how many gigs is that likely to eat up?

Phone is black - I have a 7 gig package i think (no mickey jokes).

Comment

If you bought $100 of bitcoin 7 years ago, you'd have $70m now.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                            The Kill Bill films are dire.
                                            Agreed. Just in terms of having high profile successes in succession.

Comment

Ye kidding me . Kill Bills were fecking great.

Sheesh. Still dream of the Asian chick with the steely balls.

Comment

Comment

I wouldn't need that much. Put a grand together and I'll ace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                    If i watch the Europa League final on the TV3 App using my 4g, how many gigs is that likely to eat up?

Depends. Probably about 1.5 gb though I'd guess.

Comment

Depends on the quality they show it at? HD I think it uses around 2-3 gigs. I'd say the quality TV3 show it online will probably be just under a gig for 90
                                                      minutes.

BT are showing both finals in VR or super high quality 4K UHD on youtube for free.

Welcome to TNT Sports. Activate discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports) and enjoy all your favourite TNT Sports moments. We’re at the heart of sport.

Opr
                                                      Last edited by Opr; 22-05-17, 21:04.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Jeff Gross streaming his SCOOP final table. $1m up top.

Professional Poker Player | Professional Twitch Streamer | Professional Best Friend "PBF" | YouTube Channel: youtube.com/jeffgrosspoker | Podcast: https://linktr.ee/jeffgrosspodcast |

Comment

Not sure if anyone gives a shit, but Jeff Gross at the FT of the SCOOP $1k Main Event. (hole cards covered though)

He's 8/9 with $58k gtd and $1m up top.

He's a bit of an annoying name dropping prick, but been an interesting game so far.

Professional Poker Player | Professional Twitch Streamer | Professional Best Friend "PBF" | YouTube Channel: youtube.com/jeffgrosspoker | Podcast: https://linktr.ee/jeffgrosspodcast |

Edit - haha FU KK82

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                On that note, I see the monopolist cunts at Three have changed their definition of a month to 28 days, meaning there's one extra topup needed a year. How any competition authority expected the merger of Three and O2 to end with not screwing customers is beyond me.
                                                                Think their biggest scam is the credit that expires after 6 months. I've ended up buying over priced movies on googleplay, just out of spite.
                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Fixed your Tarantino list for you

My best friends birthday
                                                                  Reservoir dogs
                                                                  Pulp fiction
                                                                  Four rooms
                                                                  Jackie Brown

Comment

Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Guy requests a bet from Paddy Power on John Terry to be subbed off on 26 mins today (his number and its his last game). Ball is kicked out in 26th min but takes Terry until 28th to get off the pitch. Unlucky boss.

PP gave him 100/1
                                                                      Guessing he got paid

Thousands of pounds are won in bets placed on John Terry being substituted in the 26th minute of his final appearance at Stamford Bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                        Jeff Gross streaming his SCOOP final table. $1m up top.

https://www.twitch.tv/jeffgrosspoker
                                                                        Bill Perkins on the phone telling Jeff Gross and Brian Rast the mistakes they made

Comment

Really hope this Manchester arena explosion wasn't Ra dissidents,sounds a bit more coordinated then recent Islamic terror attacks,how the fuck does someone get 2 devices into a concert arena (may be some kind of gas/equipment explosion too)

Edit sky saying blown pyrotechnics/speakers
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 22-05-17, 23:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                            Bill Perkins on the phone telling Jeff Gross and Brian Rast the mistakes they made
                                                                            Yeah, just what you need after you bust a huge FT

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                              Really hope this Manchester arena explosion wasn't Ra dissidents,sounds a bit more coordinated then recent Islamic terror attacks,how the fuck does someone get 2 devices into a concert arena (may be some kind of gas/equipment explosion too)
                                                                              Confirmed fatalities too. In a stadium full of fucking kids. Fkin cunts whoever is responsible

Comment

WTF , what an absolute fucking cunt!

Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                  question for movie people. Which director has had the best 5 movies in a row?
                                                                                  Lumet would piss all over this if it wasn't for his affection for making the odd dog shit sandwich

Comment

Reservoir dogs
                                                                                    Pulp fiction
                                                                                    Jackie Brown
                                                                                    Kill Bill V1
                                                                                    Kill Bill V2

Jackie Brown is badly written

Kill Bill is public masterbation

Comment

Some of the shouts for director were very poor. James Cameron! This is a new low for the BBV. A lot of the other entries verged on mediocre, Wes Anderson particularly stood out - he made one twee and over sentimental film (admittedly quite good) and then has continued the franchise making the same film over and over again. He has more in common with the makers of the fast and furious than any of the talented auteurs I'm about to discuss.

Lumet is a good shout - he had Serpico, Murder on the orient express, dog day afternoon and network in quick succession.

Frances Ford Coppola would be in the running except he released a critically panned version of the great gatsby in between his epics

2.2.2 The Godfather (1972)
                                                                                      2.2.3 The Conversation (1974)
                                                                                      2.2.4 The Great Gatsby (1974)
                                                                                      2.2.5 The Godfather Part II (1974)
                                                                                      2.2.6 Apocalypse Now (1979)

In terms of recent history Robert Altman would be up there.

The Long Goodbye
                                                                                      Thieves Like Us
                                                                                      California Split
                                                                                      Nashville
                                                                                      Buffalo Bill and the Indians, or Sitting Bull's History Lesson

I've never seen Nashville but its critically acclaimed. California split is the best film about gambling I've ever seen.

And looking back to pre 1970's, Hitchcock and Howard Hawks piss all over most of the modern selections. Hawks from 36 to 31 released

Come and Get It
                                                                                      Bringing Up Baby
                                                                                      Only Angels Have Wings
                                                                                      His Girl Friday
                                                                                      Sergeant York

And lastly, the Grandaddy of them all. I'm not even going to mention his name.

The Man Who Knew Too Much
                                                                                      The Wrong Man
                                                                                      Vertigo
                                                                                      North by Northwest
                                                                                      Psycho
                                                                                      The Birds

Comment

Comment

I have seen none of the movies in that post. I'm so cultured.

Comment

Explaining the news to three kids is not fun some days

Comment

More importantly, unless your phone bill is a tenner a month, what dodgy deal are you on that only gives you 7gb a month. Unlimited calls, texts, 4g is only around €25 a month afair.
                                                                                              Its a company phone.

International minutes>>>>>mobile data normally

Seems I have 15gigs now anyway

Comment

Surprised nobody has mentioned Park Chan-Wook

He has to be up there for

Joint Security Area
                                                                                                Sympathy for Mr Vengence
                                                                                                Oldboy
                                                                                                Lady Vengence
                                                                                                I'm a Cyborg but that's ok

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

How much more can you do though, given the UK is already a police state. E.g. they can currently even lock up potential terrorists without trial. Apart from adopting the French strategy of putting rambo-armed soldiers everywhere important. And they don't have enough soldiers for that.
                                                                                                      When someone is willing to give up their own life in the fight, security is impossible. MI5 said it about the IRA years ago, that if they were as extreme as others, they would not have been able to stop them.

Supposedly there was proper checks in place, bags etc, but he just got into the lobby at the end of the concert.

Comment

Such a horrible cowardly thing to do.

Comment

How much more can you do though, given the UK is already a police state. .g. they can currently even lock up potential terrorists without trial. Apart from adopting the French strategy of putting rambo-armed soldiers everywhere important. And they don't have enough soldiers for that.
                                                                                                          you need to get to the root causes

and that, oddly enough, is where President Donald J Trump was at the weekend

Saudi Arabia is the head of the beast and the biggest exporter of jihadist ideology...of all the places for fucking oil to be found

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                                            Some of the shouts for director were very poor. James Cameron! This is a new low for the BBV. A lot of the other entries verged on mediocre, Wes Anderson particularly stood out - he made one twee and over sentimental film (admittedly quite good) and then has continued the franchise making the same film over and over again. He has more in common with the makers of the fast and furious than any of the talented auteurs I'm about to discuss.

Lumet is a good shout - he had Serpico, Murder on the orient express, dog day afternoon and network in quick succession.

Frances Ford Coppola would be in the running except he released a critically panned version of the great gatsby in between his epics

2.2.2 The Godfather (1972)
                                                                                                            2.2.3 The Conversation (1974)
                                                                                                            2.2.4 The Great Gatsby (1974)
                                                                                                            2.2.5 The Godfather Part II (1974)
                                                                                                            2.2.6 Apocalypse Now (1979)

In terms of recent history Robert Altman would be up there.

The Long Goodbye
                                                                                                            Thieves Like Us
                                                                                                            California Split
                                                                                                            Nashville
                                                                                                            Buffalo Bill and the Indians, or Sitting Bull's History Lesson

I've never seen Nashville but its critically acclaimed. California split is the best film about gambling I've ever seen.

And looking back to pre 1970's, Hitchcock and Howard Hawks piss all over most of the modern selections. Hawks from 36 to 31 released

Come and Get It
                                                                                                            Bringing Up Baby
                                                                                                            Only Angels Have Wings
                                                                                                            His Girl Friday
                                                                                                            Sergeant York

And lastly, the Grandaddy of them all. I'm not even going to mention his name.

The Man Who Knew Too Much
                                                                                                            The Wrong Man
                                                                                                            Vertigo
                                                                                                            North by Northwest
                                                                                                            Psycho
                                                                                                            The Birds
                                                                                                            Martin Scorsese surely

The aviatar
                                                                                                            The departed... one of my all time favorites
                                                                                                            Shutter island
                                                                                                            Hugo
                                                                                                            The wolf of wall street
                                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

I'm firmly of the belief that Saudi is the root of all evil.

I know you disagree, but I think Iran can become the voice of reason in that region. The Lebanon being the only reasonably sane one there at the moment.
                                                                                                                Have you ever met any Lebanese?

they're lunatics, sometimes in the good way, but lunatics.

Anyway, they are too small and not Muslim enough to have any serious influence.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Have you ever met any Lebanese?
                                                                                                                    My mate's mum was Lebanese. Her girlfriend was really butch.
                                                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

On another note, think it was following advice on here a while ago that I got the AeroPress. Only a few coffees into it, but that is some fine coffee.
                                                                                                                        The finest.i feel sorry for eejits who spunked their dough on an nespresso.
                                                                                                                        Best thing is the ease of cleaning

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X