This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Had a workplace accident yesterday, not me, one of the guys (lad with the pink hat) cut a gouge out of his hand and had to go to A&E. We decided to implement new safety measures and my boss asked me to oversee it all and take on the role of safety manager.

So yesterday I became the big boss safety tzar.

Today I stabbed myself with a Stanley knife twice within two minutes and needed paper stitches.
    [

Comment

Took the plunge. Downloading Kodi atm.

What do I need to do after that. Should I ask my cousins for help?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
        Would you lovely food wankers mind filling in this survey regarding cookbooks?

This survey seeks to discover the demographics of those who purchases cookbooks. Thank you in advance for your participation.

For bonus points, would you please give this facebook page a like.

Estimated Time burden: 4 minutes
        Reasons: It's for charridy
        Prize: All entrants from IPB will be entered into an elaborately complicated draw for a bag of cans. All who like this post will be entered. The honour system.

Thanks lads
        Done it for the cans
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
          Took the plunge. Downloading Kodi atm.

What do I need to do after that. Should I ask my cousins for help?
          PM sent
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Punter bet £100 at 2500/1 on Glasgow Rangers being relegated, they finished 2nd but were sent down 3 divisions that summer.
            Punter claims his bet should be a winner, Coral disagree and punter has sued.
            I think he has little chance myself but who knows what a judge will make of it. Case continues before the Scottish Court of Session.

Comment

You know you're a family of cunts when Woddie Guthrie wrote a song calling your Dad a cunt (word not used but translating)

In December 1950, Woody Guthrie moved to an apartment building in Brooklyn – Beach Haven Apartments. His landlord: Fred Trump, father of Donald Trump.Woody ...

Denny/Riggs et all, the Donald is a genetics guy so...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Punter bet £100 at 2500/1 on Glasgow Rangers being relegated, they finished 2nd but were sent down 3 divisions that summer.
                Punter claims his bet should be a winner, Coral disagree and punter has sued.
                I think he has little chance myself but who knows what a judge will make of it. Case continues before the Scottish Court of Session.
                I suppose his argument is that he took the bet because he saw the mess they were in and forced relegation/winding up were on the cards

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Cambridge are advertising for a professor of Lego, fill yer boots hitch
                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Uscreen's all-in-one video membership platform enables creators to scale their businesses through web, apps, built-in community & live streaming features.

Conor McGregor experience event to be PPV ($5 live stream)
                      Dude is fucking box office

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                        Would you lovely food wankers mind filling in this survey regarding cookbooks?

This survey seeks to discover the demographics of those who purchases cookbooks. Thank you in advance for your participation.

For bonus points, would you please give this facebook page a like.

Estimated Time burden: 4 minutes
                        Reasons: It's for charridy
                        Prize: All entrants from IPB will be entered into an elaborately complicated draw for a bag of cans. All who like this post will be entered. The honour system.

Thanks lads
                        Done M8

Comment

Tried out an audiobook for the first time today. Normally listen to podcasts in work to drown out some of the dribblers but found I couldn't give the audio book enough attention when working, back to drawing board for the plan to read more books.
                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

@Hitch
                            The whiskey museum at he bottom of Grafton St was enjoyable earlier this month while I was there

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              Student feedback and scores from last semester are just in, and the only rational conclusion is that I am a considered as a godlike giant to the average French student
                              Straight in for a raise sir.
                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                Just booked a long weekend in Malaga at end of month
                                twas either that or freeze bollocks of myself in wessssttttt
                                The things you forget

I had a backstage, go on a proper mad one pass for Rancid in Brixton next weekend

oooh the mate I was supposed to be going with, well she gonna cut off my balls!

Comment

& I know Rancid are no great shakes (SP), but supposed to be good lads and they have enough dacent songs to make a night of debauchery tolerable

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    PM sent
                                    Could you forward that PM to me too please if it's Kodi related. Just got an android box.

Comment

The things you forget

I had a backstage, go on a proper mad one pass for Rancid in Brixton next weekend

oooh the mate I was supposed to be going with, well she gonna cut off my balls!
                                      I can't stress enough how much of a kip Malaga is.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                        I can't stress enough how much of a kip Malaga is.
                                        They have spent millions in last few years doing it up

If still a kip, cheap base, couple of museums, down the coast in a cheap taxi to eat fish and hopefully sit in the sun

Comment

& I know Rancid are no great shakes (SP), but supposed to be good lads and they have enough dacent songs to make a night of debauchery tolerable
                                          They're supporting Green Day who I'm going to see in Belfast this year. One of the very rare times I'm actually gonna try and make it for the support act. They seem grand.

Comment

Green Day was my first concert. Tastes have matured since then thank god but I think I'd still like to give dookie a listen for old times
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              They're supporting Green Day who I'm going to see in Belfast this year. One of the very rare times I'm actually gonna try and make it for the support act. They seem grand.
                                              aaah no Rancid are good, it's just some of the song writing is very hit & miss

As in, the good songs are VERY good, the bad songs however...

* & ooohhh, unless you know they are shite, you should (almost) always see the support acts!
                                              Last edited by Guest; 18-01-17, 13:43. Reason: *

Comment

I'd say Rancid would be good live but you wouldn't want to be following them on spotify or you'd be plagued with random shite.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Have been making an extended playlist of stuff that gets played by Carl Corcran on his 10 to 1AM Lyric FM show , the Blue of the night.
                                                  Infuriating that so much of the great tracks he plays are from the ECM label who are too far up their own arses to do a deal with spotify

Comment

They have spent millions in last few years doing it up

If still a kip, cheap base, couple of museums, down the coast in a cheap taxi to eat fish and hopefully sit in the sun
                                                    Still going through major work in September. Smelled bad. Full of Spanish and brits. Kip.

Comment

PM sent
                                                      Can we all see please?
                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                        Still going through major work in September. Smelled bad. Full of Spanish and brits. Kip.
                                                        Spain tends to smell bad, heat and bad drainage systems

& I would hope it is full of Spanish what with being in Spain

Comment

Originally posted by The Borowitz Report
                                                          —Former President George W. Bush is eagerly counting down the days until he is no longer the worst President in U.S. history, Bush confirmed on Tuesday.

Speaking to reporters at his home, Bush said that he “could hardly wait” until Friday, when he will be officially bounced from the worst-President slot.

“I have to admit, I never thought I’d see this day in my lifetime,” the former President said. “When you leave office with the nation in smoldering ruins, you sort of come to accept that you’re gonna be worst for a long, long time.”

“I guess you could say I set the bar kind of high, worst-wise,” he chuckled.

As the returns came in on Election Night, however, the former President suddenly realized that his days as the worst President in U.S. history might be coming to an abrupt end.
                                                          “Holy cow,” Bush remembered saying to himself. “Just holy cow.”

While Bush recognizes that many Americans are dreading Friday’s Inauguration, he said he hoped that they could “sort of understand” why he might see things differently.

“To be honest, Friday can’t come fast enough for me,” he said. “I’m like a kid waiting for Christmas.”
                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 18-01-17, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                            Green Day was my first concert. Tastes have matured since then thank god but I think I'd still like to give dookie a listen for old times
                                                            As I was walking to the local shop the other evening I started singing 'scattered' to myself. I haven't listened to that song in at least 15 years but I knew all of the words. No idea why it came into my head.

I then had to ring herself go ask her what did we need as I had completely forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                              Can we all see please?
                                                              sent

Comment

Any one want to prop bet trump's approval ratings?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  Any one want to prop bet trump's approval ratings?
                                                                  whats the line?

Comment

What happens if you do a €2 Yankee, pay the €22 but only put 3 horses on the docket? What does the bet become?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                      What happens if you do a €2 Yankee, pay the €22 but only put 3 horses on the docket? What does the bet become?
                                                                      2 yankee with a non runner I think.

Comment

Comment

Santa Monica or Huntington beach for a few nights?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                            Santa Monica or Huntington beach for a few nights?
                                                                            Santa Monica imo. Minutes from Venice Beach which is great too and a must visit, like nowhere else for quirkiness/uniqueness. West Hollywood is accessible too, as is Downtown LA. Malibu not far north. Loads to do around SM. Some great bars. Great restaurants. Good shopping. So much to see on the beach. Great selection of Airbnbs too as hotels can be expensive.

That said, Huntington has has seen some decent development in the past couple of years and it's a nice stretch of coast from Huntington down to Newport and Lagana.

Comment

Anyone know of one ticket for Black Sabbath in Dublin? One of the lads from Crow Black Chicken looking for it. Said I'd throw it up here since mdoug seems to be on a sabbatical. Can contact the band page on Facebook if anyone hears of one.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                Green Day first played Belfast in 1991. It was a BYOB affair and 3 quid in IIRC. Internet says about 100 Belfast punks attended. I remember the fly posters for the show in Richardsons Social Club and still kicking myself that i didn't go.

Saw them in 1994 when opening the bill at Lollapalooza in Vancouver just as Dookie was going massive.

The next year i saw Rancid playing to something like 2000 people in New England.

Those were the days of the great ill-fated (but occasionally hilarious - Butthole Surfers anyone?) post-Nirvana, major label plunder of punk/noise bands.

Comment

Yea saw Green Day in the SFX in 1997. Great place, sweat dripping off the ceiling. They played the White Horse on the Quays in 1991 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    Agree, there are some albums that you just go back to all the time. Music man. Magic.

Albums I'd still sit and listen and just let play -

The Bend - Radiohead
                                                                                    The Battle of Los Angeles - RATM
                                                                                    Dookie - Greenday
                                                                                    Cease to Begin - Band of Horses
                                                                                    Take off your Pants and Jacket. - Blink
                                                                                    Toxicity - System
                                                                                    Audioslave - Audioslave
                                                                                    Takk - Sigur Ros
                                                                                    Silent Alarm - Bloc Party
                                                                                    Absolution - Muse
                                                                                    Final Straw- Snow Partrol
                                                                                    I'm Wide Awake its Morning - Bright Eyes
                                                                                    An Awesome Wave - Alt J

Would be interested to see some of the lists from other people here. (Lao Lao and Lazare)
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                      Santa Monica imo. Minutes from Venice Beach which is great too and a must visit, like nowhere else for quirkiness/uniqueness. West Hollywood is accessible too, as is Downtown LA. Malibu not far north. Loads to do around SM. Some great bars. Great restaurants. Good shopping. So much to see on the beach. Great selection of Airbnbs too as hotels can be expensive.

That said, Huntington has has seen some decent development in the past couple of years and it's a nice stretch of coast from Huntington down to Newport and Lagana.
                                                                                      Thanks for that. Last question for yourself or anyone else who's toured CA. I'm driving from Monterrey to Santa Barbara and am stopping for 1 night in a town to break up drive. Pismo beach, San Luis Obispo, Cambria have been floated by travel agents. Any thumbs up for them places or recommendation for another?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                        Thanks for that. Last question for yourself or anyone else who's toured CA. I'm driving from Monterrey to Santa Barbara and am stopping for 1 night in a town to break up drive. Pismo beach, San Luis Obispo, Cambria have been floated by travel agents. Any thumbs up for them places or recommendation for another?
                                                                                        Not sure if its something you are interested in but Hearst Castle is certainly worth a 3-4 hour look around if you are staying in the vicinity.

We stayed in San Simeon but nothing much there bar a couple of hotels, it was just to break the drive up.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                          So much to see on the beach
                                                                                          And the award for least cryptic phrase goes to...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                            Agree, there are some albums that you just go back to all the time. Music man. Magic.

The Bend - Radiohead
                                                                                            Dookie - Greenday
                                                                                            Toxicity - System
                                                                                            Audioslave - Audioslave
                                                                                            Takk - Sigur Ros
                                                                                            Absolution - Muse
                                                                                            An Awesome Wave - Alt J

Would be interested to see some of the lists from other people here. (Lao Lao and Lazare)
                                                                                            Van Morrison - MoonDance
                                                                                            Led Zep - IV
                                                                                            QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf
                                                                                            Nirvana - Nevermind
                                                                                            Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps
                                                                                            Oasis - Whats the story morning Glory
                                                                                            Damien Dempsey - Shots
                                                                                            Prodigy - The Fat of the Land
                                                                                            deadmaus - 4x4=12
                                                                                            Pixies - Surfer rosa
                                                                                            nora jones- come away with me

plus a few more

Comment

PP going 6/4 red tie, 3/1 blue tie for Trump. Surely a two horse race?
                                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-01-17, 19:31.

Comment

Some good points.

Today's Trews looks at Obama's record on issues such as climate change, equality, privacy and foreign policy, during his presidency. Subscribe Here Now: http...

Comment

...

Comment

Van Morrison - MoonDance
                                                                                                    Led Zep - IV
                                                                                                    QOTSA - Songs for the Deaf
                                                                                                    Nirvana - Nevermind
                                                                                                    Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Rust Never Sleeps
                                                                                                    Oasis - Whats the story morning Glory
                                                                                                    Damien Dempsey - Shots
                                                                                                    Prodigy - The Fat of the Land
                                                                                                    deadmaus - 4x4=12
                                                                                                    Pixies - Surfer rosa
                                                                                                    nora jones- come away with me

plus a few more
                                                                                                    Ah some crackers there DP. Prodigy... Im gonna stick that on now! tyty
                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      PP going 6/4 red tie, 3/1 blue tie for Trump. Surely a two horse race?
                                                                                                      red+blue =....purple

Very regal too. Send him a tweet and ask.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                      Did the book thingy. Love the non-consent question. Slyly click it as a gun is held to your dead.

New neighbour andy, look out for the locals x
                                                                                                      I probably should have made it every second question. Ask for consent every step of the way.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 18-01-17, 20:32.
                                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Nirvana Nevermind
                                                                                                        Prodigy Music for the jilted generation
                                                                                                        The pouges the best of
                                                                                                        Pixies Death to the pixies
                                                                                                        Nirvana unplugged
                                                                                                        Pearl Jam Ten
                                                                                                        Christy Moore live at the point
                                                                                                        Blur The Great Escape
                                                                                                        Smashing pumpkins melon Collie and the infinate sadness
                                                                                                        Underworld 1992-2002

I'd go to war with these fellas.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

The Bend - Radiohead
                                                                                                            Dookie - Greenday
                                                                                                            Toxicity - System
                                                                                                            Audioslave - Audioslave
                                                                                                            Takk - Sigur Ros
                                                                                                            Absolution - Muse
                                                                                                            An Awesome Wave - Alt J

Devouring Van Morrison this past couple of years, well three of his albums, have to include all three...

Van Morrison - Veedon Fleece
                                                                                                            Van Morrison - Astral Weeks
                                                                                                            Van Morrison - TB Sheets
                                                                                                            Manu Chao - Proxima Estacion Esperanza
                                                                                                            War on Drugs - Lost in the Dream
                                                                                                            Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
                                                                                                            Velvet Underground - The Velvet Undergroun & Nico
                                                                                                            Hendrix - Band of Gypsys
                                                                                                            Doors - LA Woman
                                                                                                            Lord Echo - Melodies
                                                                                                            Fleetwood Mac - Mr. Wonderful
                                                                                                            The Lost Brothers - The Passing of the Night
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                              Yea saw Green Day in the SFX in 1997. Great place, sweat dripping off the ceiling. They played the White Horse on the Quays in 1991 I think.
                                                                                                              I was at that gig. Remember the cunt he pulled up on stage who couldn't actually play the guitar?
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                                Nirvana Nevermind
                                                                                                                Prodigy Music for the jilted generation
                                                                                                                The pouges the best of
                                                                                                                Pixies Death to the pixies
                                                                                                                Nirvana unplugged
                                                                                                                Pearl Jam Ten
                                                                                                                Christy Moore live at the point
                                                                                                                Blur The Great Escape
                                                                                                                Smashing pumpkins melon Collie and the infinate sadness
                                                                                                                Underworld 1992-2002

I'd go to war with these fellas.
                                                                                                                great pick

Comment

Quite good. Not sure quite how to describe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv9oax2N160
                                                                                                                  I saw this on FB earlier, it is very good but perhaps similar to you I'm at a loss as to how to describe it. Poetry for the here and now I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly
                                                                                                                    I know I ask this about three times a year, but how do you post a youtube video?
                                                                                                                    Copy and paste the url, then take out the 's' in 'https'
                                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

great pick
                                                                                                                        Chirsty Live at the Point is a banger too!

I remember sipping on many beers and playing that album in my earholes sitting over the edge of a ferry from Phuket to Phi Phi with two aussies, no one had a fucking breeze who ray houghton was but the whole fucking boat knew what he did by the end of the song.

Comment

There must be an art to cooking pak choi, as that limpid watery mess I produced this evening could surely not be what holds a fond place in the heart of every Chinese person
                                                                                                                          They probably just steam it.

Otherwise if stir fry, cut the stalks off and put them in about 10 mins to go. Softer green leaf just throw in last min.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X