Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Just buy your own plane and get there whenever you want! (sorry, couldn't resist)

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            I don't think there is anywhere better signposted or easier to navigate than an international airport.
            I will let FD weigh in on his experience in a French airport recently! And that was in Paris!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              The planes don't wait for you, that's why. People don't generally want to miss them.

You can arrive at Derry Airport less than an hour before a flight easily. You go in, walk 20 meters to security, do that and you are in the exact departure lounge you need to be in. It is THAT small.

Prestwick Airport is a good bit bigger, I would add on an extra half hour.

Glasgow Airport much bigger again, add on another hour.

Unknown airport, not knowing way around. It can be puzzling. Especially those huge London ones with multiple terminals. SO it isn't an obsession, it is just being sensible and doing your homework before you fly!
              Many are always going to err on the side of caution though and arrive in enough time to spend at least 30 minutes at the gate before boarding, so it makes the whole conversation moot.

If it’s in someone’s psyche to arrive 2.5 or 3 hours before a flight so they can spend an hour dithering about duty free, they aren’t all of a sudden going to rock up to the airport an hour before departure because someone on an Internet forum suggested it.

Comment

If I'm going from Dublin I always go early and get wrecked in the DAA lounge.

'Would like a single or a double, sir?'

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                  Many are always going to err on the side of caution though and arrive in enough time to spend at least 30 minutes at the gate before boarding, so it makes the whole conversation moot.

If it’s in someone’s psyche to arrive 2.5 or 3 hours before a flight so they can spend an hour dithering about duty free, they aren’t all of a sudden going to rock up to the airport an hour before departure because someone on an Internet forum suggested it.
                  Put it this way, if any of ye fly from Derry and don't go by my suggestion of rocking up an hour before and come 3 hours before, then ye are clean mad! No duty-free to dither at, one small WH Smith shop and some small shop beside it and the smallest cafe ever.

Information is important when going to a new airport. Some airports have a 20 minute walk to the gates and some have shuttle trams between them.

I want to have enough time to get through security, grab a bite of breakfast and then get to my gate. I would also like to find out if there are food places AT the gate. I don't want to be running to find a gate to discover it will take me 20 minutes to get to it.

Comment

Woman goes on goliday to Spain.

Claims refund as 'hotel had too many Spaniards in it'.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                      ...Not quite log worthy yet but- chatting to a girl for a little while, went on 1st date about 7 weeks ago, then had 2nd date a couple of weeks later...Messaged a bit but haven't seen her since so have spent about 6 hours in each other's company...
                      ...Conclusion- we are heading to Lanzarote on Tuesday for 5 nights...Will trip report when I get back...
                      ...Edited because of a stupid mistpye that Dobby kindly pointed out...
                      Get one more date in before you go

Comment

Think we should get an airport thread

Comment

Seems perfectly sensible to me, I hate feeling rushed or under time pressure if its avoidable. Whats benefit of not going early? Another hour in home/office?
                          Some fab Lounges in T3 Heathrow too, glass of bubbles on a sofa is a lovely way to kill an hour.
                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Do you mind me asking what condition it is? It is a pain in the hole when it happens and have all the genetic testing done etc. Went through it all 5/6 years ago now with the eldest.
                            Some form of cardiomyopathy, where your heart thickens, you literally have the big heart. Can cause you to suddenly die. I got two kittens together, sisters that were found on the street. One died at 2 years old so I had an autopsy done to figure out why she died and it was from that. Because of that I could get my other cat tested and get her the right medication to lower blood pressure and she's fine now years later, so far anyway.
                            Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 16-08-18, 10:10.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                              Seems perfectly sensible to me, I hate feeling rushed or under time pressure if its avoidable. Whats benefit of not going early? Another hour in home/office?
                              Some fab Lounges in T3 Heathrow too, glass of bubbles on a sofa is a lovely way to kill an hour.
                              Thanks Mocata. Are there places at the gate or just after Duty free?

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                Some for of cardiomyopathy, where your heart thickens, you literally have the big heart. Can cause you to suddenly die. I got two kittens together, sisters that were found on the street. One died at 2 years old so I had an autopsy done to figure out why she died and it was from that. Because of that I could get my other cat tested and get her the right medication to lower blood pressure and she's fine now years later, so far anyway.
                                I have heard of that one right enough. So many things can go wrong with the heart. It really is just a number as to whether we get a healthy one in the genetic lottery.

Poor kitten. Least you found out what caused it. Mad that these things affect animals as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  I never really understand the obsession with what time you need to be in an airport.
                                  I've met several people, usually "up from the country" , who arrive in Dublin a day before their flight to go up and scope out the airport, where everything is, to ensure smooth transit on holiday day.

I just go early, yet to be in airport that doesn't have a bar. Never understand stressing just to nail the perfect airport arrival time.
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Thanks Mocata. Are there places at the gate or just after Duty free?
                                    Just past Security IIRC, if you are in hotel nearby and already had brekkie etc they are of less use. If I am transferring from Dublin I like a shower etc before next flight. I get them comped with OneWorld flights and Amex Platinum for Other Airlines so I milk the feck out of them any chance I get lol. You can pay to access some, (15-25 quid ish), if you are planning to eat at Airport they are good value, free water and booze. If gonna be there less than 40 mins then probably not worth it, the longer time you have to kill the better they are.
                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I have heard of that one right enough. So many things can go wrong with the heart. It really is just a number as to whether we get a healthy one in the genetic lottery.

Poor kitten. Least you found out what caused it. Mad that these things affect animals as well.
                                      It's funny bringing your cat in for all the normal scans, ECG, xrays and most importantly cat scans.

Animals especially mammals are not too different, we all have the same organs, similar enough brains and senses and evolved along the same path. Both of my dogs died from cancer.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        If I'm going from Dublin I always go early and get wrecked in the DAA lounge.

'Would like a single or a double, sir?'

Don't post a picture though. You'll be shot against the wall I believe .

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          Just buy your own plane and get there whenever you want! (sorry, couldn't resist)
                                          apart from the 6 months it spends in a hangar waiting for a specific nut to be delivered that is
                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                            I've met several people, usually "up from the country" , who arrive in Dublin a day before their flight to go up and scope out the airport, where everything is, to ensure smooth transit on holiday day.

I just go early, yet to be in airport that doesn't have a bar. Never understand stressing just to nail the perfect airport arrival time.
                                            I usually arrive very late and die inside when I see the security queue. I vow to arrive earlier next time but never do. I miss airport pints.
                                            Worst one was in L.A. where I drove like a lunatic to miss my plane. Are lingus said tough tittie but BA took me on a later flight free of charge. Just had to do London to Dublin myself. Bollox of an Aer Lingus rep never told me I could use BA one world got lucky

Comment

As for flying I like to be in an airport 3-4 hours before a flight. I'm mostly just waiting around to go to the airport when I'm flying, so I might as well be there and in a comfortable perch reading or whatever.

I try and book flights for a time that suits me so mid-morning to early afternoon going out and coming back, though if I'm going stateside I will switch the return to try and fly overnight when possible so I can sleep or try to sleep anyway.
                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

That stuff makes me very glad not to be on Twitter.

Were you disappointed not to crack the Top Ten though?

Comment

Lots of Twits to make you feel good about yourself . It's great

Comment

Wow
                                                    I’m surprised at all that. Tony Ansell is a friend of mine and we have done some business together. Of all the Bullshiters in the industry of whom there are many he is certainly someone who a person could +EV subscribe to his service.
                                                    I’d agree with the victriolic accusation of his character though but that is just something you have to put up with.

I also know the Poole chap, he done our Scoop6 syndicate here a big favour back in the day.

Comment

The villain's name there rings a bell... not by any chance the lad who appeared to mysteriously increase his stack of tournament chips in a game down in Galway some years ago?
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        The villain's name there rings a bell... not by any chance the lad who appeared to mysteriously increase his stack of tournament chips in a game down in Galway some years ago?
                                                        No, not him.
                                                        This villain the last I heard of works for the company mentioned by GAB. When we were playing the Scoop 6 a few years ago he extended credit to NorwichFanRob and said that if we only managed to transfer 50% of our funds across to them by race day we could still play for the full amount. He also offered us a 10% rebate on the bet which we were able to further invest.

It’s sad to hear that he may be struggling with the demon drink. In saying that thou if GAB is correct then it is totally out of line and he has some serious problems on his hands.

Comment

no, that was David Poole.
                                                          Jesus that was almost 10 years ago, Jan 2009

Comment

Load of nonsense really. Some of it confirmed, Some of it suspected, Some of it possible. But cliffs are as follows.

SPOILER
                                                            > Tony Ansell is a pro gambler who is largely derided by those in "the know" as he runs a subscription service and is a notorious aftertimer of the worst effect.
                                                            > A Parody twitter account called AftertimeAnsell appeared as a pisstake of Tony A. This was created by Mr. X, an employee of BetVictor. It was all very good natured fun, taking the piss out of people for posting winning £5 football accas after the fact, etc. All reasonably benign. (This isn't mentioned anywhere in this episode, I just happen to know this so somebody can dispute it if they wish)
                                                            > Mr. X got tired of the acc and abandoned it. This other character P00le took control of the account. P00le just wasn't a funny character. He'd get drunk and post some seriously vitriolic content about people. You will see a tweet from WillHoffman (Stopwatch Racing) outlining how the acc accused people of being paedophiles, drug takers etc. Fair game if you want to do it when sober under your own name and stand over it, but doing it anonymously is not fair game. He also regularly had a go at peoples wives, partners etc.
                                                            > He would regularly wake up sober and delete this content. But you can't unring a bell really.
                                                            > Anyway back in January he decided I was his target one night and from nowhere spewed bile about me. I had known who drove the account (long story how I knew but I knew). Anyway, I asked an intermediary to ask P00le to pass on his phone number as I wanted to ring him and have it out with him for being a dick. He refused to allow his number to be passed on but used my request for content on twitter that night as well.
                                                            > Next morning he deleted all the tweets. I've been waiting in the long grass for him ever since.
                                                            > Few weeks back a new account appeared called BlaggersGuide who listed the Top 40 chancers in the betting industry. I made the list at the heady heights of 37, content was harmless about me tbf. But as he went on down the list the owner of the account (as yet not established) was becoming less funny and more vitriolic and among other things included some horrible comments about the wife of somebody who is generally deemed to be a very good egg across the industry. Just generally not nice stuff, posted anonymously.
                                                            > This BlaggersGuide account got immediate traction, had 750 high profile industry followers out of the gates which assisted this. Turns out the acc was previously called @OnGlynnIce a parody account about the former Ladbrokes CEO. Those tweets and content were deleted and the acc changed the username to BlaggersGuide. No.1 on the list of top 40 chancers was Richard Glynn. Who previously owned the OnGlynnIce twitter handle? Well lets just say I am 99.9% certain it was P00le.
                                                            > Anyway, I tweeted last week saying it was gone no offers who was behind BlaggerGuide and within 2 mins P00le was in accusing me of accusing him. I didn't, so it was strange that the buttons I pressed had him coming out swinging in defence so quickly. In this exchange I did out him as @AftertimeAnsell, which he squarely denied and told me he'd be pursuing legal action against me for saying that. I told him to come ahead that I had loads of screenshots of stuff he posted and deleted and I'd welcome the opportunity to engage.
                                                            > Roll forward a few days and @AftertimeAnsell tweeted saying he was deleting the account as it had caused offence and it wasn't intended.
                                                            > Same day the BlaggersGuide acc get deleted
                                                            > Roll forward 24 hours and P00le tweets admitting it was him behind AA
                                                            > Roll forward 24 hours and P00le deletes his personal twitter account as he can't handle it and his final thing to say was that he wasn't Blaggers Guide.

TLR if your going to get drunk 5 nights a week and anonymously post horrible vitriolic content about a lot of people you can be sure your day will come.
                                                            Why did he admit ownership of the AA account? An ego thing or was there DM pressure from somewhere? Seemed most people knew it was him but admitting it would harm his current employment status surely?
                                                            Last edited by The Situation; 16-08-18, 13:00.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Icky free MetalMan stand

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                Icky free MetalMan stand
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I rang boi earlier about moving from my fixed rate to a different fixed rate. The interest rate I got offered is 0.2% lower than the published available rate for up to 5 year fixed. The breaking fee (from my current fixed period) is much higher than I'd have expected though, but the change is still worthwhile. 10 year rate was 0.3% lower than it says online.

Probably worth a call for people to their banks to see if a better rate is available. Still a rip off compared to France, etc so no need to rub it in hitch.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    6 smokins a pint but nice shit

Comment

RIP

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

One of the greats
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                          Franklin is survived by her four sons. She gave birth to her first, Clarence, when she was 13, and her second, Edward, aged 14. Ted was born in 1964, followed by Kecalf in 1970.
                                                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

@5star and others. I see Burial and Kode9 are doing fabriclive 100. Out in September. New burial material, although any more recent releases from him havent been great
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              @5star and others. I see Burial and Kode9 are doing fabriclive 100. Out in September. New burial material, although any more recent releases from him havent been great
                                                                              Wow, really? They are my favourite doers of the things they do.

Comment

One Step Ahead lyricsArtist - Aretha FranklinLyrics - One Step AheadI'm only one step ahead of heartbreakone step ahead of miseryone step is all I have to ta...

She'll be sampled for many years yet. One of my favs that mos def used
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Like it was yesterday. Both dead now

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                    Like it was yesterday. Both dead now

https://youtu.be/KBCWLhlJV0Y
                                                                                    Ronnie Drew dead 10 years today.

Comment

Tee
                                                                                      Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      Ronnie Drew dead 10 years today.
                                                                                      And da bol' Elvis anniversary glad you put Ronnie ahead of him
                                                                                      Last edited by Solksjaer!; 16-08-18, 17:00.

Comment

A newa worlda record. Holy fuck humans be cool sometimes. If someone could post it properly

Comment

This wins all Arethas...

LP "YEAH!!!" COLUMBIA RECORDS 1965www.grooveaddict.orgcredits & Notes:Sub title: Aretha Franklin In Person With Her Quartet Composed By – JonesBass – Jam...
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Love the Ad for premier league. Phil Thompson running beside the sofa is fooorking hysterical.

Comment

2 hours me hole
                                                                                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Finally got around to watching Mindhunter (7 episodes in). Loving it so far.
                                                                                                  Basically the real life Criminal Minds origin story, mixed with real life serial killer history (an admittedly odd interest of mine). I'd expecting a big unresolved storyline, as I know it was picked up for a second season before the first even aired. Kinda curious as which serial killers will make appearances. Bundy, Gacy, Son of Sam are the nib names from the era. But might not go the with the obvious choices.

Comment

Sublime song from the Queen of Soul. From the Atlantic album "I Never Loved a Man The Way I Love You" 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                      A classic

Comment

quality - need sound.

That is class! How do you get that onto FB?

Comment

Anybody I know work for Virgin Media or know somebody who does? Need to get a router moved from one room to another.
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            Anybody I know work for Virgin Media or know somebody who does? Need to get a router moved from one room to another.
                                                                                                            Sent a lad I know that works for Activo a pm. He's from town here but might know someone.

I'll let you know
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Myself and Strewelpeter were in The Abbey tonight to see Jimmys Hall. The best production of any show I've ever seen. Don't delay, book tickets and enjoy. Absolutely outstanding.
                                                                                                              l

that's the first time I've ever come home from a show and went straight to booking tickets for a return visit.

I still haven't seen the Loach film but from what I've heard of it i wouldn't let it iput anyone off going to this. They do the life of jimmy Gralton justice as a good story well told and fit it into the context of the time very well but this production is all about the music and dancing and they are outstanding. Brilliant and beautiful as she is Lisa Lambe's songs aren't even the highlights for me, with both Ruth McGil and Bríd Ní Neachtain numbers in the second half stealing the show.

wp GAB, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                I "think" he is some sort of full time racing driver?
                                                                                                                Correct.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                Better Call Saul seems to be pushing Gus Fring and his crownies crime dealings storyline hard in the latest season. Only problem is we know they all live as they appear in Breaking Bad obv, so there's zero tension involved which makes it a bit shit.
                                                                                                                Got caught up with season 3 while in Vegas and thought it was very good, didn't realise season 4 had started.

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                Sent a lad I know that works for Activo a pm. He's from town here but might know someone.

I'll let you know
                                                                                                                Cheers appreciate it, the main box is in the sitting room and the router was extended into my bedroom, looking to move the Virgin media hub/my wifi router & server out of the bedroom and just need to get the cable cut & reconnected.

Comment

Speaking of flying, I was over in the Philippines during the week as was thinking about upgrading my flight (Emirates) to business class for $450 but didn't pull the trigger. Got called to the gate to say I'd been bumped to business class from Manila > Dubai when I was boarding at Dubai > Dublin I'd been upgraded for free once again. Run good was pure 🏆

To say it couldn't of come at a better time is an understatement, been doing some crazy long haul journeys over the last while, APPT Manila got record numbers so that led to some late nights and then a 6am finish on the final day, I generally tend to find it difficult to sleep on planes but to get those lie flat beds was fantastic, out cold for hours on both legs of the journey.

Comment

Comment

Speaking of flying, I was over in the Philippines during the week as was thinking about upgrading my flight (Emirates) to business class for $450 but didn't pull the trigger. Got called to the gate to say I'd been bumped to business class from Manila > Dubai when I was boarding at Dubai > Dublin I'd been upgraded for free once again. Run good was pure 🏆

To say it couldn't of come at a better time is an understatement, been doing some crazy long haul journeys over the last while, APPT Manila got record numbers so that led to some late nights and then a 6am finish on the final day, I generally tend to find it difficult to sleep on planes but to get those lie flat beds was fantastic, out cold for hours on both legs of the journey.
                                                                                                                      Would you need not just always take the upgrade option at that price? Business expense....

Comment

Condolences as all future economy trips to Asia are ruined.

Comment

If anyone has tickets for the hurling. I've been told that 700 is the offer by a mates job

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X