Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    I've never been at anything quite like that to compare, but that was amazing, what a fucking king. Did you make it Ed/Benny?
    Sadly not. Other commitments. Massive regret of course. Sounds like it was something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Meh Americans have now voted twice for this situation. Ratcheting up the racism by Trump was seemingly key in the marginal senate races. At some point we have to accept that America has turned into a shithole country. The same way we long ago accepted of the UK. They, on average, want this crap. Or at least they're willing to be led by racists providing those racists promise to give them tax cuts.
      There are no 'shining cities on the hill' (to paraphrase another US president)

Every country has good and bad qualities, including in its leaders. We criminalised women who wanted to have an abortion until a few months ago. France had a neo-Fascist come second in its Presidential election.

The US isn't a shithole. It's a great country (by most objective measures), temporaily led by a shithead.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        There are no 'shining cities on the hill' (to paraphrase another US president)

Every country has good and bad qualities, including in its leaders. We criminalised women who wanted to have an abortion until a few months ago. France had a neo-Fascist come second in its Presidential election.

The US isn't a shithole. It's a great country (by most objective measures), temporaily led by a shithead.
        largely I'd agree, however the stacking of the SC will shape the country for a generation and the soft power damage will take years to repair.
        Actually, factoring in environmental impact, health care, budget deficit and country wide polarization, I think you are talking through your hoop
        Last edited by DeadParrot; 08-11-18, 13:12.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          largely I'd agree, however the stacking of the SC will shape the country for a generation and the soft power damage will take years to repair.
          Actually, factoring in environmental impact, health care, budget deficit and country wide polarization, I think you are talking through your hoop
          if it's such a dump....why do so many people want to emigrate there?

Most people in America lead perfectly happy lives (and probably don't think about politics at all, ever - the two things may not be disconnected )

Comment

By the way, we don't look so great on 3 of those 4 either!

Comment

Most have health coverage but cheap food, cheap petrol, cheap beer and cheap cable are enough to placate most of the population. Those things make it a hell of a lot better than most countries.

Comment

When you are fearless of losing money, gambling can be one hell of a ride!

23rd November, deposit €400 into betfair.
                4th October, 15.5k in betfair account, withdraw 2.5k.
                5th October, betfair account busto.
                7th October, deposit €500.
                8th October(so far), €9k balance.

Gambling is some laugh!!

100k by December 31st would be class.

#gambleaware #fuckthat #headsup4rolls #hi
                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                  Most have health coverage but cheap food, cheap petrol, cheap beer and cheap cable are enough to placate most of the population. Those things make it a hell of a lot better than most countries.
                  you forgot cheap guns

and opioids

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                    ...Has anyone here bought a ticket for the below?...€100 ticket to win a 3 bed house worth €425,000, if you're not in etc... Max amount of tickets sold will be 15,000, but currently only about 4,500 tickets sold, so I doubt they'll sell 10,500 in two months...
                    #onetime

https://winahouseindublin.com/
                    Is there a limit of 15k tickets to be sold with this? Cannot see why they would sell €150k worth of tickets for a house worth €450k :/
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      you forgot cheap guns

and opioids
                      Nothing shows freedom and prosperity like the ability to sit in your garden full of OxyContin shooting 800 rounds a minuite at trespassers.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                        Nothing shows freedom and prosperity like the ability to sit in your garden full of OxyContin shooting 800 rounds a minuite at trespassers.
                        Damn straight!

You better be flying the flag at the same time Mister....

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                          Is there a limit of 15k tickets to be sold with this? Cannot see why they would sell €150k worth of tickets for a house worth €450k :/
                          15k x 100 = 1.5m
                          Profit before people.

Comment

I'm good at math me!
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I'm good at math me!
                              busto in 5,4,3...?

You still doing footy betting?
                              Fair few blokes I know doing the overs in matches in the hopes of spinning up.
                              Some up to a few K and sweating U19 games for a goal
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Anyone have recommendations for Lyon and Marseille? Will be going to PraiRial in Lyon but outside of that nothing planned.

Comment

busto in 5,4,3...?

You still doing footy betting?
                                  Fair few blokes I know doing the overs in matches in the hopes of spinning up.
                                  Some up to a few K and sweating U19 games for a goal
                                  Yeah doing footie bets every day, mostly one big bet and then a small acca.

Lyon cost me a mini fortune last night. Had United 2-1 scoreline, unders in Benfica, Roma win and Lyon win for a €11 acca, 2-0 and Hoffenheim get a red card and somehow get back to 2-2.. Painful!

No idea what I'm doing every day really, mostly on the greyhounds as they are over fast and many more to gamble on(and accessible during work)
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Had the old Cardiac scan this morning. Was given the Metaprolol to take last night and 2 hours before the test. I queried taking them both in the morning as I have a resting HR of 55-62 or so. So was told to take one last night and one this morning.

Arrived 20 mins early, taken and prepped within mins. App was at 9.20 and I was done and dusted by 10.00am. No fucking about at all.

Was fine till I got in and they asked why the cannula was in my left arm. I lay on the bed to get it in as I am a pussy when it comes to needles. So they had to do another one, unfortunately, I had a 4-night stay in Hospital and not long had a cannula out of the arm after a 3 day stint, she wanted to add it on to. The "Big" vein as she called it. Fucking agony as it was still bruised inside.

The test itself was grand, was shorter than I was told, she said my heart was nice and slow (41bpm) and wouldn't need as long. The contrast shit going in is the weirdest thing ever. A weird taste in the mouth and the feeling you are peeing!
                                    The spray in the mouth for the opening of the arteries made me really dizzy and sick afterwards, but a lie down on a few chairs sorted that out.

The cardiologist I saw was one of the top in Malta and only does the public hospital on a Saturday, so may wait till April for the results if there is nothing too sinister. Called earlier if they need to see me earlier though.

Now the waiting game to see what needs to get done.
                                    This getting old bit is just fucking shite

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

press secretary is retweeting infowars ffs
                                        nice to see THING from he Adams family got into Journalism

Comment

Yeah doing footie bets every day, mostly one big bet and then a small acca.

Lyon cost me a mini fortune last night. Had United 2-1 scoreline, unders in Benfica, Roma win and Lyon win for a €11 acca, 2-0 and Hoffenheim get a red card and somehow get back to 2-2.. Painful!

No idea what I'm doing every day really, mostly on the greyhounds as they are over fast and many more to gamble on(and accessible during work)
                                          Lyon cost me last night also!

Are you doing any kind of BR management at all or are you just looking to double up with large bets all the time?

Comment

Must be on the unders v Doug on Betfair

Comment

Is anyone still watching The Apprentice?

I think it's been steadily getting worse as the season go on, but this latest group are so incompetent and useless. It's like a parody of business people. I just can't buy into some of the mistakes and decisions they are making each week, and the latest episode (Airline Advertising) just tops it off in terms of stupidity.

Half the field are handpicked and scripted?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

I think it's been steadily getting worse as the season go on, but this latest group are so incompetent and useless. It's like a parody of business people. I just can't buy into some of the mistakes and decisions they are making each week, and the latest episode (Airline Advertising) just tops it off in terms of stupidity.

Half the field are handpicked and scripted?

Comment

If there's any spoilers there Tony pls hide. It's terrible but waiting for wife to get back to catch up. Terrible watching but would be even worse if know what's going to happen! (Only read first line)
                                                    Nope, I wouldn't any spoilers without hiding it, so it's all safe

Comment

If there's any spoilers there Tony pls hide. It's terrible but waiting for wife to get back to catch up. Terrible watching but would be even worse if know what's going to happen! (Only read first line)
                                                      Contains spoilers:

Harry and Paul - Story of the TwosThe Apprentice 'Better Than You'

Comment

Netflix on the Q box excellent. In bed watching Netflix on my mini box using sky remote to pause. Instead of arsing on phone. Right job!

Sky boxsets all built in with it. 16 quid a month. Obv free for me. But a great deal. Works out Sky boxsets 6 euro a month 30 day contract.

Sky tbf might be pricey but such a great product.
                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Last edited by Denny Crane; 09-11-18, 21:43.

Comment

Sorry to skip over Dennys post and will re-read but did Lao Lao just ask if MDoug is practising BRM? Like what. Not all heros like Doug wear capes.

Comment

OK. Read Dennys post. Cant really comment. I sell toilets. More i sell more i make. Wife incentivises me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                Sorry to skip over Dennys post and will re-read but did Lao Lao just ask if MDoug is practising BRM? Like what. Not all heros like Doug wear capes.

Whats heroic about losing yer bollix ?

Comment

Looking forward to Overlord.
                                                                  From producer J. J. Abrams, watch the official trailer for #Overlord. In theatres 11.9.18.Connect with #OverlordMovie:Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/over...

Also, the Sabrina reboot on Netflix is surprisingly good.

Comment

Seems Florida is going to a recount, some strange vote results in Broward county so they're rechecking the votes both Senate seat and Governor

Comment

Well, the initial 11 month spin up could be possible to do with reasonable BR management but yeah, fair point, well made.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                      I flick in and out of it but the candidates are getting worse each season. How any of them could ever run a business is beyond me. The ideas they come up with and how they act is just ridiculous. It must be edited/scripted to show them in a bad light, they can't be all that thick?

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                      Question for all-knowing bbv, I'm in a weird situation at work.
                                                                      I'm not a HR expert but surely, they can't just decide to change your terms and conditions?

If they ram it through, my short & long term plans would be market dependant. It's generally an employee's market at the minute (but maybe not be the same to your specific role) If it is, I'd be on my way. If it's not, I'd be working long term to ditch them and get something better elsewhere.

They sound like a bunch of cunts

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                        Saw it at the IFI over the bank holiday weekend. Really liked the first half. Gets pretty silly in the 2nd half, and I normally like a bit of silly

Comment

@Denny..

So it sounds like you are there long enough to be permanent but never managed to get a formal contract?

I suppose you could tell them you will be happy to take their money in court after their unfair/unlawful dismissal and see how it goes*

* N.b. YMMV and confrontational is not always the best action. Proper advice would be speak to a solicitor working in employment law asap!
                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

The Apprentice (no spoilers).
                                                                            I think the problem is that the prize isn't particularly great - £250K investment and to get it you have to spent around 6 realtime weeks living in a glorified hostel taking part in frankly ridiculously tasks. Presumably anyone with a really solid business plan would find far easier ways of getting their investment.

So you end up with a load of chancers who have enough spare time to do it, armed with a load of mediocre business plans. And maybe one or two somewhat decent plans in there that Sugar decides at an early stage are going to be protected in the boardroom so as to get them to the final. Like Inventor Tom a few years ago.

Comment

Denny I think it’s fair to say most people on here don’t understand the nature of your role. Employment law isn’t going to do much for you as your salary is such a small part of the equation as I understand it and you need access to capital and the right technology setup to make money.

The bottom line on this is leverage. You make money and they make money. They obviously think in aggregate they can make the same money by spending their capital with others on the new deal, or else they are chancing their arm thinking you’re not going to fuck off and any concession you make is simple upside for them. One way or the other you need to get yourself a viable alternative option. The fucking around with your previously agreed bonus structure is quite a red flag.
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                Well, the initial 11 month spin up could be possible to do with reasonable BR management but yeah, fair point, well made.
                                                                                Sorry this one was on me, I fucked up with the whole dates completely!! Been a bit out of it the past week but every October should be November and vice versa.

Should read 23rd October first deposit, and everything else should read November.
                                                                                Has been 2-3 weeks of madness. If/when I get to 100k I will post a graph from data, only 100k by year end
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                  Whats heroic about losing yer bollix ?
                                                                                  Jeez chucking a couple hundo at an account is hardly losing yer bollix. Capes are no good jumping 2 feet off the ground.

Welcome to middle age there SP.

Comment

The RoryCowan and Twink falling out shows no sign of easing up, as she gets thrown out of his Mams funeral.

This is Ireland's Tupac/Biggie story imo.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                        Netflix on the Q box excellent. In bed watching Netflix on my mini box using sky remote to pause. Instead of arsing on phone. Right job!

Sky boxsets all built in with it. 16 quid a month. Obv free for me. But a great deal. Works out Sky boxsets 6 euro a month 30 day contract.

Sky tbf might be pricey but such a great product.
                                                                                        JDPTV would disagree

Comment

JDPTV would disagree
                                                                                          Why would it do that?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            Why would it do that?
                                                                                            nevermind, I read it wrong.

tbh, most providers have been including netflix for years at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                              From producer J. J. Abrams, watch the official trailer for #Overlord. In theatres 11.9.18.Connect with #OverlordMovie:Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/over...

Also, the Sabrina reboot on Netflix is surprisingly good.
                                                                                              this guardian review for the movie is just soooo guardian it's painful

I was pleasantly surprised as well with Sabrina...was really good

Comment

Jeez chucking a couple hundo at an account is hardly losing yer bollix. Capes are no good jumping 2 feet off the ground.

Welcome to middle age there SP.
                                                                                                Damn that cuts. And me due a passport change and all. I take it aback so. He IS a hero.

Comment

this guardian review for the movie is just soooo guardian it's painful

I was pleasantly surprised as well with Sabrina...was really good
                                                                                                  The review's pretty cringe-worthy alright. I dislike him as a reviewer in general but there's a real "maybe I can go viral" feel to it.

It's not an amazing movie by any stretch but there's definitely some enjoyable points in it

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    The Apprentice (no spoilers).
                                                                                                    I think the problem is that the prize isn't particularly great - £250K investment and to get it you have to spent around 6 realtime weeks living in a glorified hostel taking part in frankly ridiculously tasks. Presumably anyone with a really solid business plan would find far easier ways of getting their investment.

So you end up with a load of chancers who have enough spare time to do it, armed with a load of mediocre business plans. And maybe one or two somewhat decent plans in there that Sugar decides at an early stage are going to be protected in the boardroom so as to get them to the final. Like Inventor Tom a few years ago.
                                                                                                    He's already done that this season when he didn't agree with the project manager's selections, and made some changes.

Comment

I must be the unluckiest person out there. All went great (so I thought yesterday) but last night I came out in the worst allergic rash I have ever encountered.

Had to go to the Medical Imaging Department this morning before a meeting at 8.30. The horrified look on the two Doctors faces said it all. Said I had a severe allergic reaction to the Contrast solution.

Had to go back after my meeting, which finished at 10.30, they took me straight to A&E. Had me hooked up to an IV with piriton, steroids and a flush and out the door for 11.15. The little one finished school early today, so I managed to avoid a few days in the hospital to do it and have oral meds for the rest of the week.

Said it was the most severe reaction they had seen. I think to have a CT last week and then again on Thursday was just too much for me!

My body was burning from the inside out. I was in some mess and still am.

Comment

Hope all improves MrsFD, I was only talking about that contrast stuff (and the need to wee feeling) to the missus after reading your post yesterday.

Sounds like it was a quick ordeal at least!

Comment

Hope all improves MrsFD, I was only talking about that contrast stuff (and the need to wee feeling) to the missus after reading your post yesterday.

Sounds like it was a quick ordeal at least!
                                                                                                          I can't think straight right now. The pain from inside the body and the itching is driving me to distraction!
                                                                                                          I was very impressed with the speed they sorted me out. No going to wait, no triage, just bam, cannula, meds, sorted!

I was not a great advert for Medical Imaging, sitting outside in the waiting area while the Dr I seen at 8am was out someplace! I made sure I didn't say what was wrong in front of anyone, didn't want to scare them off lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            I can't think straight right now. The pain from inside the body and the itching is driving me to distraction!
                                                                                                            I was very impressed with the speed they sorted me out. No going to wait, no triage, just bam, cannula, meds, sorted!

I was not a great advert for Medical Imaging, sitting outside in the waiting area while the Dr I seen at 8am was out someplace! I made sure I didn't say what was wrong in front of anyone, didn't want to scare them off lol
                                                                                                            That's shite Gill. Thanks for the reality check I will not moan about my minor injuries for a wee while .

Comment

You know the world is fucked when Iceland get to play the good guys

Comment

That's film watching weather. Anyone got a decent recommendation for later?
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

That's film watching weather. Anyone got a decent recommendation for later?
                                                                                                                  On netflix
                                                                                                                  Nocturnal Animal- film

On amazon prime-
                                                                                                                  Homecoming - series

Comment

Most of what you said Denny can just be refactored to be generic. You simply have a workplace that is not valuing an employee so much so that they are punitively affecting their compensation and you are at the very least inferring that they may be telling you to get stuffed if you don't accept the latest offer. That's not even taking into account them somehow forgetting what they pay you, and you needing to prove it. What would you advise somebody else to do? Yeah.

Start looking and move. Even if this is settled for now it's not the end of the woes. You probably don't have too much time to find out what other remuneration packages are like at those jobs, so it would be good if you know people working at other places to ask them.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                                      On netflix
                                                                                                                      Nocturnal Animal- film

On amazon prime-
                                                                                                                      Homecoming - series
                                                                                                                      Seen Nocturnal Animals but really need a new series will take a look, cheers
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Seen Nocturnal Animals but really need a new series will take a look, cheers
                                                                                                                        We have really enjoyed the latest season of Sunny. Tackled a lot of the problems in american in an unique way.

Started watching Homecoming, well she does and im working in background bouncing in and out. seems decent so far.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

I import the API to make the contrast they pumped into you and then I export out the finished product. That shit ain't cheap!!

Hope you are felling better soon!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X