Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Sure you could probably accurately script every Trump press conference in advance these days.
    It's still closer to what I'd consider news than the six people they have yapping about impeachment. That and the slim chance that something unexpected happens in a live situation.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
      It's still closer to what I'd consider news than the six people they have yapping about impeachment. That and the slim chance that something unexpected happens in a live situation.
      How is the presidents, (the most divisive president in modern times.. if ever??) impeachment hearings (and only the 4th hearings ever) less news than the president himself, prone to inane and rambling if not predictable press conferences, doing another press conference.
      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Baby 2 (2nd boy) delivered today, and all well thankfully. You forget how small they are when born, and first nappy change I got the small baby trifecta of poo just as clean nappy was going on, then a bit of sick, then when I was finished cleaning that and grabbing another nappy, he firehose pisses all over the place so I had to change his clothes as well as nappy again.

The things you forget about having a little baby! I'm sure that will sell the likes of Denny on the merits of having kids too.

Comment

Ah congrats Dom to you and the missus. Wasn't aware you'd one on the way.

That's great news
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            Most of the lads that got cut from Masterchef last week must be looking at some of this crowd and cursing their run bad !
            I'm a day behind (just watched Tuesday's episode) but sweet Jebus, that's the two worst sets of skill tests I've ever seen.

Also, James looks like the love child of Gary Neville and Hitler!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Quite the intriguing a story. Can't read the full story due to some restriction they've imposed on the website. How did it end up with just a year in prison, and what goes on in data centres that turns the workers into Russian spies (or tourists who like the famous Salisbury Cathedral, as the case may be).
                    Lol his fucking sweatshirt, Jesus christ

SPOILER
                    cant make it out in above photo but it even has the “it puts the lotion in the basket “ written on it
                    Last edited by Guest; 14-11-19, 00:08.

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post
                      Baby 2 (2nd boy) delivered today, and all well thankfully. You forget how small they are when born, and first nappy change I got the small baby trifecta of poo just as clean nappy was going on, then a bit of sick, then when I was finished cleaning that and grabbing another nappy, he firehose pisses all over the place so I had to change his clothes as well as nappy again.

The things you forget about having a little baby! I'm sure that will sell the likes of Denny on the merits of having kids too.
                      6StarPoo eh?
                      Well played sir.
                      Hope mummy ain't too sore.
                      Goodbye sleep.

Comment

Congrats Dom and MrsDom!

Comment

Originally posted by 6starpool View Post

Had a laugh at that.

Congrats on your expanding family .

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            How is the presidents, (the most divisive president in modern times.. if ever??) impeachment hearings (and only the 4th hearings ever) less news than the president himself, prone to inane and rambling if not predictable press conferences, doing another press conference.
                            It was good enough to show live on BBC and Al-Jazeera. In general I find those panel news shows intolerable. Five or six people sitting around given their few minutes to express their thoughts on the topic of the hour.

Comment

Congrats Dom!

Comment

Comment

Saw a bit of chat a few pages back about coffee machines. Got this De Longhi recently and there's zero comparison with all previously tried coffee making methods. Proper power flowing through it meaning you get this fantastically creamy top on the coffee. No going back is possible, and it pays itself back quickly enough if substituting for shop bought coffees.
                                  I'm in the market for one now as although I do think the aeropress is great, the admin is substantial enough with it.

I almost had one of these https://www.currys.ie/ieen/household...62333-pdt.html a little while ago for free because the GF's bro was in the market for a Smeg fridge and it was being thrown in but he decided against in the end.

I'll be looking during Black Friday

Hey man!
                                  Are you still on the golf buzz?

Comment

Good on ya Dom

Comment

Jaysis Dom, thought you would be too auld for all that

Congrats!
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Congrats Dom!
                                        delighted for ya
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Saw a bit of chat a few pages back about coffee machines. Got this De Longhi recently and there's zero comparison with all previously tried coffee making methods. Proper power flowing through it meaning you get this fantastically creamy top on the coffee. No going back is possible, and it pays itself back quickly enough if substituting for shop bought coffees.
                                          This is probably going to make me sound like an absolute gowl, but is one of them going to be a big step up compared to a nespresso? Enough to make up for giving up the ease of the pods and all.

Comment

Jaysis Dom, thought you would be too auld for all that

Congrats!
                                            Oh I am too old for this, yet here we are!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              This is probably going to make me sound like an absolute gowl, but is one of them going to be a big step up compared to a nespresso? Enough to make up for giving up the ease of the pods and all.
                                              Fresh coffee from a decent roasters is a massive step up from nespresso imo.
                                              Nespresso is better than the Costa/Starbucks/Insomnia's of the world though.
                                              I suppose it's how much you like your coffee.

Pick up a cheap cafeteria or an aeropress and buy a bag of ground coffee from a roasters over xmas.
                                              I'm not sure what part of the Kingdom you're from but I'd highly reccomend these if you're in the vicinity: https://www.beanindingle.com/

Comment

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Bob Mortimer Genius:

Sounds better on the athletico mince podcast as this recording not great for background music etc

Comment

The Lighthouse is doing a preview screening and Q&A with Robert Eggers of his new movie The Lighthouse on the 30th for anyone that might have been a fan of The Witch

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                                                        It was good enough to show live on BBC and Al-Jazeera. In general I find those panel news shows intolerable. Five or six people sitting around given their few minutes to express their thoughts on the topic of the hour.
                                                        ah I see, sorry I thought you meant the actual hearings. Although... they arent much different to what you described.

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post

Are you still on the golf buzz?
                                                        Sure am. Although season well and truly gonzo here. 3 month season for all intents and purposes. Handicap down to 7. Should see that creep back up to 10 or so over the winter and then the grind begins again in late May next year.

How about yourself?
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Sure am. Although season well and truly gonzo here. 3 month season for all intents and purposes. Handicap down to 7. Should see that creep back up to 10 or so over the winter and then the grind begins again in late May next year.

How about yourself?
                                                          I was out with Switch last weekend, playing close to my handicap (19) now after carding 29 points. They're very hesitant to give higher handicaps it seems.

The signs are somewhat promising I think because that round included 6 pars and a few chances for birdie so hopefully it begins to drop in the new year.

Thankfully I got that job I was after so my working day has gone from 12.5-13 hours down to 9 so I suspect a large chunk of those extra hours will spent on the course.

If you're back any time soon, let me know and we'll get out.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                              I was out with Switch last weekend, playing close to my handicap (19) now after carding 29 points. They're very hesitant to give higher handicaps it seems.

The signs are somewhat promising I think because that round included 6 pars and a few chances for birdie so hopefully it begins to drop in the new year.

Thankfully I got that job I was after so my working day has gone from 12.5-13 hours down to 9 so I suspect a large chunk of those extra hours will spent on the course.

If you're back any time soon, let me know and we'll get out.
                                                              Good work! And congrats on the the ol obair. I’ve gone the opposite, no golf has given me 12 hours a week to do something else with, maybe I’ll work.

I’m back at Xmas actually for 10 days but not too interested in playing on temp greens. Hardly anywhere will have actual greens will they in Late Dec?

Comment

Comment

Ha! I first thought he was well known for exposing himself.

Comment

Chris Wood FGS @ 10s seems a bit big to me. No idea how good/bad NZ are is the kicker but sure....

Comment

Good work! And congrats on the the ol obair. I’ve gone the opposite, no golf has given me 12 hours a week to do something else with, maybe I’ll work.

I’m back at Xmas actually for 10 days but not too interested in playing on temp greens. Hardly anywhere will have actual greens will they in Late Dec?
                                                                      Thanks very much, thrilled, so fingers crossed, bit more of a gamble from the perspective of security but worth it, I think.

Not sure about the greens, if Faithlegg & Waterford Castle are anything to go by at this time of the year, they've been perfectly fine especially the Castle.
                                                                      I suspect there must be some courses around Dublin that will remain open. I'll ask around.

On the topic, for those around Kildare, Dunmurray Springs closed its door this week.
                                                                      I heard a couple of months ago things weren't great, apparently taken over by a US fund.
                                                                      Lovely course but a difficult location and has been treading water for a while.

Comment

Quality dig by Pelosi today. In fairness, it's a1/20 shot he has no idea what it means!

“If the president has something that is exculpatory -- Mr. President, that means you have anything that shows your innocence -- then he should make that known,”

Comment

Most links courses will
                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

My god Wade is some kunt

Comment

Comment

Hope Lazare's watching RTE1 at the moment, might get him back in the groove.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                  Hope Lazare's watching RTE1 at the moment, might get him back in the groove.
                                                                                  Ha, just checked what's on. I remember that insanity.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Ha, just checked what's on. I remember that insanity.

Comment

"The Grafton Quarter"

Stretching from the entrance of St. Stephen’s Green at Grafton Street to Nassau Street over to Dawson Street

Comment

For all coulda woulda shoulda's you hear about, this fella was the real deal & this is kinda cool

Comment

Just such bad optics. If they don't nail him, and the spin is already looking like they won't, they are going to be the Witch Hunt Party for the next election.

Facts dont matter, its needs to be a visceral wrongdoing, this conversation he had is spinnable.

So far nothings stuck, this needs to, last chance saloon imo.
                                                                                          Said this a while back.

The dems playing a blinder so far to be fair.

Pelosi with the phrase shift from quid pro quo to bribery today is another step forward. Treason, and Bribery. Two unambiguous, clear as day reasons for impeachment.

Sondland due on Monday with two staffers confirming they heard the same call about investigations with Trump.

Giuliani sinking. Doing his best Tony Soprano impression with his "insurance" comments.

I still don't think there is enough for the Senate to convict, but all those republicans in purple states need to really think hard about how they will vote.

Under a year to election, administration leaking and listing.

It blows my mind the literal stupidity of the supporters of Trump. Not those trolling, or those following for money reasons, they are clownish and evil in equal amounts but the legit 30% who are part of the cult... that is absolutely terrifying.

Comment

Said this a while back.

Pelosi with the phrase shift from quid pro quo to bribery today is another step forward. Treason, and Bribery. Two unambiguous, clear as day reasons for impeachment.

Sondland due on Monday with two staffers confirming they heard the same call about investigations with Trump.

Giuliani sinking. Doing his best Tony Soprano impression with his "insurance" comments.

I still don't think there is enough for the Senate to convict, but all those republicans in purple states need to really think hard about how they will vote.

It blows my mind the literal stupidity of the supporters of Trump. Not those trolling, or those following for money reasons, they are clownish and evil in equal amounts but the legit 30% who are part of the cult... that is absolutely terrifying.
                                                                                            If it was important than the president would be there to grab this whole mess by the pussy but instead the greatest deal maker in history (have you not heard of the apprentice) is off securing a better future for Americans. Drain that swamp.

This is just another attempt by crooked politicians in Washington to use fake news to scare the American public because he dared to bring the troops home and is also making sure that Iran knows that the best damn military the world has ever know is going to come for them. USA, USA, USA.

God bless America and let’s keep making it great - support trump and support the troops.

Comment

Said this a while back.

Not terrifying. Human nature.

The psychology of crowds. Ask the Germans.

Throw in the internet as an amplifier and Trumps pretty soon become the new normal.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                If it was important than the president would be there to grab this whole mess by the pussy but instead the greatest deal maker in history (have you not heard of the apprentice) is off securing a better future for Americans. Drain that swamp.

This is just another attempt by crooked politicians in Washington to use fake news to scare the American public because he dared to bring the troops home and is also making sure that Iran knows that the best damn military the world has ever know is going to come for them. USA, USA, USA.

God bless America and let’s keep making it great - support trump and support the troops.
                                                                                                6/10

you left out fake news, witch hunt, Crooked Hilary, Sleepy Joe, perfect call, 'many people are saying....'

I also deducted a point for grammar and syntax (i.e. having some)

Comment

Labour's understanding of what really matters to people is quite impressive on a number of levels. The inept and ludicrously wrong objections of the Tories as they flail about trying to explain why free broadband for everyone is a very bad idea is fun to watch

Comment

And here is how the Putin troll farm responds to the idea

Comment

Is it just the inherent bias of my timeline or is the election campaign going lolbad for the Tories so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                        Is it just the inherent bias of my timeline or is the election campaign going lolbad for the Tories so far?
                                                                                                        inherent bias imo

They are 4/7 to get an overall majority.
                                                                                                        I don't think things have really kicked off in earnest yet and there is of course the risk that BoJo does something Borislike in a debate.
                                                                                                        He's got that teflon quality of Trump though.

Comment

Heineken Cup is back is a world cup hangover year.

Usually bad news for the Irish teams. Leinster are clearly in a league off their own on this island and have the softest pool ever. I can't be having them at 2/1.

The team I like (and it might just be sentimental as I love them as a club) is Clermont at 7/1. They, of all the French teams, target Europe, the home ground is a fortress and their group is soft-ish.
                                                                                                          And the final is in Marseilles meaning it would be a home game effectively.

Saracens at 5/2 is clearly a joke (or else an assumption that the fine and points deduction somehow gets overturned. Even if it does, the England players are surely fecked).

Comment

Heineken Cup is back is a world cup hangover year.

Usually bad news for the Irish teams. Leinster are clearly in a league off their own on this island and have the softest pool ever. I can't be having them at 2/1.

The team I like (and it might just be sentimental as I love them as a club) is Clermont at 7/1. They, of all the French teams, target Europe, the home ground is a fortress and their group is soft-ish.

And the final is in Marseilles meaning it would be a home game effectively.

Saracens at 5/2 is clearly a joke (or else an assumption that the fine and points deduction somehow gets overturned. Even if it does, the England players are surely fecked).
                                                                                                            I would have thought the points reduction would mean that Saracens would focus more on winning the Champions cup as the only realistic way into next year's competition? I don't see what negative effect it can have in this years tournament??

Comment

inherent bias imo

They are 4/7 to get an overall majority.
                                                                                                              I don't think things have really kicked off in earnest yet and there is of course the risk that BoJo does something Borislike in a debate.
                                                                                                              He's got that teflon quality of Trump though.
                                                                                                              If you simply take scotland and the DUP out of the mix, it's looking pretty hard to get a majority govt imo

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                I would have thought the points reduction would mean that Saracens would focus more on winning the Champions cup as the only realistic way into next year's competition? I don't see what negative effect it can have in this years tournament??
                                                                                                                They have already said they will target the League at the expense of the HC (as they will get relegated otherwise).

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  If you simply take scotland and the DUP out of the mix, it's looking pretty hard to get a majority govt imo
                                                                                                                  They might actually come back with the maths very close to present

Don't underestimate the impact of Farage giving them a free run.

Comment

They have already said they will target the League at the expense of the HC (as they will get relegated otherwise).
                                                                                                                    They have a history of telling lies [emoji1787] to be honest there is close to zero chance of them being relegated.

Comment

Posting media article comments should be spoilered for those of us who choose to avoid them for our sanity
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                        They have a history of telling lies [emoji1787] to be honest there is close to zero chance of them being relegated.
                                                                                                                        fair bit of 'who?' in the below

Saracens team to take on Racing 92 in the Heineken Champions Cup on Sunday 17th November:

15 Matt Gallagher
                                                                                                                        14 Sean Maitland
                                                                                                                        13 Alex Lozowski
                                                                                                                        12 Nick Tompkins
                                                                                                                        11 Rotimi Segun
                                                                                                                        10 Manu Vunipola
                                                                                                                        9 Ben Spencer
                                                                                                                        1 Rhys Carre
                                                                                                                        2 Jack Singleton
                                                                                                                        3 Titi Lamositele
                                                                                                                        4 Will Skelton
                                                                                                                        5 Callum Hunter-Hill
                                                                                                                        6 Nick Isiekwe
                                                                                                                        7 Ben Earl
                                                                                                                        8 Jackson Wray ©

Replacements

16 Joe Gray
                                                                                                                        17 Sam Crean
                                                                                                                        18 Vincent Koch
                                                                                                                        19 Joel Kpoku
                                                                                                                        20 Sean Reffell
                                                                                                                        21 Tom Whiteley
                                                                                                                        22 Damian Willemse
                                                                                                                        23 Duncan Taylor

Comment

They might actually come back with the maths very close to present

Don't underestimate the impact of Farage giving them a free run.
                                                                                                                          Farage is equally likely to bring them down to be honest

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X