Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
    Would you wear a new t-shirt (or anything that touches your skin) without washing it first? God knows what filthy factory it came from.
    Wha?

Tell me you don't wash new clothes before you wear them?
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Yes! Lightning has fucked off.

C'mon Tiger

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

John Kavanaugh on late late.
          Interesting guy all things considered
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Wha?

Tell me you don't wash new clothes before you wear them?
            The only exceptions are things that need to be dry cleaned, and gloves.
            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

The only exceptions are things that need to be dry cleaned, and gloves.
              It's more bonkers that you have exceptions because that rules out OCD.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                There is a chasm between good and bad graphic t-shirts, with all the artsy, pop-culture, 'funny' and all that kind of prints being in the majority and certainly on the wrong side of the spectrum, and more thoughtful, abstract, or simple designs being what would look good and work well with many styles and outfits. I got bad news for you Andy. That said, I have many terrible graphic t-shirts and love them, I just know they are terrible from a fashion point of view, then again so are Tommy Hilfiger and RL imo. It really doesn't matter too much for me as my boss often has the same t-shirts.
                Agree big time here, I reckon Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren are actually way worse than graphic/slogan tees. Logos seem to be getting bigger again too , must be some correlation with the economy. The extra big horse logo polo Ralph Lauren stuff is gruesome

Comment

Well that’s Rory gone, mon Tiger

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    It's more bonkers that you have exceptions because that rules out OCD.
                    I'd imagine I'm in a minority, but it's far from a minority of one

It seems counterintuitive to wash new garments before wearing them. After all, they're brand-new and look clean! But there's a lot more going on behind the clothing scenes than we realize.

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                      Agree big time here, I reckon Hilfiger and Ralph Lauren are actually way worse than graphic/slogan tees. Logos seem to be getting bigger again too , must be some correlation with the economy. The extra big horse logo polo Ralph Lauren stuff is gruesome
                      People that pay a premium to advertise Hollister in Bangladeshi jumpers are the muggest.

Comment

Tiger Tigering

Comment

Lolsergio

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            Tiger Tigering
                            Good lord.

Comment

I'd imagine I'm in a minority, but it's far from a minority of one

It seems counterintuitive to wash new garments before wearing them. After all, they're brand-new and look clean! But there's a lot more going on behind the clothing scenes than we realize.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8219976.html
                              Ach, that's bananas. The dreaded 'chemicals'. Let's wash it with chemicals to get rid of the chemicals.

Clothing isn't sprayed with formaldehyde to keep insects off it anyway. First off, wrapping in plastic in far cheaper, secondly, insects don't eat polyester.

As for it being in contact with other humans, I'm sure you've sat on a public seat with shorts on or rested your arm on a bar.

Comment

Tiger Tigering
                                Great stuff.

Comment

Only their bottom level stuff/knock offs have logos.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Remember that psv lives in nowhere land where they do things differently. Haven't noticed a logo for a long time. Thought they were dead tbh as was always such a silly idea. Although then again that could be a cultural difference.
                                      Would you stop , I’ve seen the same trash downstairs in Brown Thomas(never bought anything in there just go in to reaffirm that money doesn’t buy class and it never disappoints )
                                      But tbf superdry and Diesel still going very strong in culchieland so cultural differences are still there
                                      Plus don’t you still live in France, of course you haven’t seen a logo
                                      Last edited by Guest; 12-04-19, 23:46.

Comment

Very good piece by Colm Tobin on the horrible slog of cancer treatment. As well written as you'd expect I thought it was interesting how the effect of the whole trauma seems reflected in his writing
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Labels put me off but I was brought to a UniQlo shop recently and they had very good quality clothes at cheap prices.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            Only their bottom level stuff/knock offs have logos.
                                            I don't know Denny, I've was in RL & TH a few times in Kildare Village in recent weeks and the giant logos are still around.
                                            Perhaps the bottom level stuff makes up a large proportion of what they stock but they're definitely still prominent.

One of nicer brands of casual stuff I own is lululemon. It's more expensive than most sporting brands but substantial difference in quality to Nike/UA/Adidas

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                It’s winding me up far more than it should but fuck sake that Lappin is some special kind of jackass
                                                Getting involved in a public spat with poker's biggest celebrity? How can that be bad for business? Doke's book is not long released, and i'm sure this attention has done his sales no harm at all, nor will it their viewer numbers for the Phil Helmuth episode of the podcast which is up next. I'm sure they don't mind pissing off a few people in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                  I don't know Denny, I've was in RL & TH a few times in Kildare Village in recent weeks and the giant logos are still around.
                                                  Perhaps the bottom level stuff makes up a large proportion of what they stock but they're definitely still prominent.

One of nicer brands of casual stuff I own is lululemon. It's more expensive than most sporting brands but substantial difference in quality to Nike/UA/Adidas
                                                  Yeah they make lower quality clothes specifically for their outlet shops but their stuff isn't really like that.

Explore our men's Purple Label casual shirts collection at the official Ralph Lauren store. Shop now and enjoy free returns.

Explore our men's RLX polo shirts collection at the official Ralph Lauren store. Shop now and enjoy free returns.
                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-04-19, 08:45.

Comment

The exception the proves the rule.

ÂŁ535 ?

This too shall pass.

Comment

Shared this before:

Comment

Over 300 sterling for this beauty

Comment

A few more of those funky graphs doing the rounds.

Most League points in Top 5 Leagues (Since 95/95)Before 95/96 season, La-Liga teams got only 2 points when they won.That is a reason why since 95/96.[Data so...

Who is the GOAT?This includes only official goals.Getting the goals records in South America's League is really difficult but, fortunately, I could find reco...

Who is the best provider of this age?These records are in all competition[Data source]https://www.transfermarkt.com/[Music]Happy Life by FREDJI https://sound...

Comment

Yeah they make lower quality clothes specifically for their outlet shops but their stuff isn't really like that.
                                                            Thats seems a peculiar way to run a brand.
                                                            Isn't all that sort of thing just a public mickey measuring stick for people who are deeply insecure and need to show off how much money they have spent on their clothes
                                                            Late stage capitalism is a very bizarre place, whatever happened to making the best quality at an affordable price

Comment

Loads of those clothes have the logos on them? There's a guy I know who is really wealthy. He wears nothing by TH, plenty of logos on him too.

The each have multiple lines, some aren't even made by them, just lisensed out. CK is the same. In the case of Ralph Lauren there's Polo, RRL, Purple Label, Denim & Supply, Rugby. Even their premium labels have 70-90 percent off sales. Often its the type of person more than anything else that makes people groan. Be it personality or just that they are seen as an old person thing your father wore.
                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-04-19, 10:26.

Comment

I only got around to watching the final of Home of the Year this morning.

Did others watch it this year? I was disappointed with the eventual winner, I thought one of the other two finalists were more deserving.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Thats seems a peculiar way to run a brand.
                                                                  Isn't all that sort of thing just a public mickey measuring stick for people who are deeply insecure and need to show off how much money they have spent on their clothes
                                                                  Late stage capitalism is a very bizarre place, whatever happened to making the best quality at an affordable price
                                                                  That's the great irony, expensive clothes don't have labels. The labels are for the middling and bottom part of the range for the people that need to wear it.

It's like people who buy coats/blazers and don't know their meant to take the white label off the sleeve.

They are doing that, they're putting out different quality products at different price points differentiated by label.

Loads of those clothes have the logos on them? In the case of Ralph Lauren there's Polo, RRL, Purple Label, Denim & Supply
                                                                  Maybe their using them more now, but the purple and black almost never had any.
                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-04-19, 11:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    There's a guy I know who is really wealthy. He wears nothing by TH, plenty of logos on him too.
                                                                    Does he wear Qwertees?

Comment

Comment

Does he wear Qwertees?
                                                                        Haha nothing BUT TH, damn you phone

Comment

Had a meeting with a billionaire recently (a sample of one, I know), but he runs a household name fashion firm and jeans + plain black tee was the attire.
                                                                          The guy thays dressed however he wants is the the one at the top... or works in tech

Comment

Speaking of clothes, grand bit of drying out there today.

Comment

Real pain dealing with my management company for my apartment. We lost a front door "do not duplicate" key so have been trying to get it replaced... for two months. First, estate agents were giving out the wrong management company, then had to track down the right one. I have no words for how thick everybody is at the estate agents in general. Not to mention how slimy the owner is.

I ring that management company guy, complete waste of space that man, sounds like you are waking him up or he is on drugs no matter what time you call him at, assurances of he will deal with it etc, completely forgets that you've even called him before, completely makes things up every time you talk to him. Goes on for ages until I get my estate agents to message him. Eventually says go to specific lock smiths to get it copied, show my email as proof that I have consent.

Go along to locksmith, they say no problem, come back in a few hours. Do so, they say sorry they didn't get an email directly from the guy so they won't do it after all - my email from him isn't good enough they've decided. Obviously took them 4 hours for it to process through their skulls.

OK, takes over a week to get the guy to email them directly. Go back into locksmiths today, they say sorry you need a special card or we can't copy it. You couldn't have mentioned that last time you idiotic cunts? Now have to get this card off this better off as a pile of wank human being, ETA 2020. Anybody that's involved with managing property have to be the biggest dregs of society.
                                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 13-04-19, 14:10.

Comment

Nice rant Tar. Thumbs up.

Comment

Delaney looks to be gone, announcement could be this evening.

Comment

Always feel like a bit of a pleb in the Netherlands, everyone is well put together and everything is very nice and well organised. If it was a bit less boring you might be tempted to stay

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                      Delaney looks to be gone, announcement could be this evening.
                                                                                      Pay rise, I'd wager

Comment

No golf until 8 again? Fuck that.

Comment

No golf until 8 again? Fuck that.
                                                                                          7 on ss golf

Comment

My EPG is saying 'live from the Masters' for 7, and then 'The Masters' from 8. Let's see!

Comment

Got Tiger on one of the DPTV red button channels so that'll do.

Comment

My EPG is saying 'live from the Masters' for 7, and then 'The Masters' from 8. Let's see!
                                                                                                Yeah you're right, just interviews and blah blah

Comment

Told sister in law to go e/w on Finau and Schauffele. Looking pretty clever atm.

Comment

Masters coverage always terrible, pity seen as its such a beast audiencewise,

Comment

...

Comment

Had a tapas dinner that was <70 for both of us including beer that wasn't far behind.. Can give you the name of the place if you're heading into Barca.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Nice to see Tiger doing well again.
                                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Sweet Kuch dig from Mickleson , Kich my new favorite golfer to hate
                                                                                                                Cmon tiger, shame about the weather changing things tomorrow

Comment

Surely in need of a post from The C Kid...

Comment

Sweet Kuch dig from Mickleson , Kich my new favorite golfer to hate
                                                                                                                    Cmon tiger, shame about the weather changing things tomorrow
                                                                                                                    Didn’t hear it?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                      Surely in need of a post from The C Kid...
                                                                                                                      The IPB Tiger uberfans embarrassingly shot their load early at the British Open last year. I reckon they'll err on the side of caution this time.

/psv mode.

Early finish tomorrow because of lightning it seems, starting at 2pm our time and all over by 7.30pm. Pity, as the Sunday finish would have nicely fit in with the soccer.

Comment

Ah misread that as asking for the name of the place we were staying at. Ferry kids across multiple modes of transport does that to the brain. Yep would love a good tapas recommendation. Cheers. Will be spending a day or two there.
                                                                                                                        Vinitus, Carrer del Consell de Cent, 333, 08007 Barcelona, Spain.

Really good.

Also the pizza in this place is the best I ever had: https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Restauran...Catalonia.html

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                                                          Didn’t hear it?
                                                                                                                          Did the tweet embed?
                                                                                                                          It was Mickleson driving to Augusta today ,says “I’ve a great pairing with Matt Kuchar today, obviously we won’t have any side action cos I’d probably only see 0.065% of it if I won

Hope Tiger wins but that’s a stacked field

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X