Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any type of writing on any clothes is a bad decision.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Don't buy t-shirts with slogans, as a general rule.
        Have a nice day.

Comment

Yeah scrolled back ten pages to see that! @keane at that point you were 20% through the book and struggling - did you finish it in the end and like it?
          You can click the post number of a thread and click to see each of a posters posts. For better stalking in future.

Comment

Nah, just only wear really good ones, like this absolute slice of genius:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

There is a chasm between good and bad graphic t-shirts, with all the artsy, pop-culture, 'funny' and all that kind of prints being in the majority and certainly on the wrong side of the spectrum, and more thoughtful, abstract, or simple designs being what would look good and work well with many styles and outfits. I got bad news for you Andy. That said, I have many terrible graphic t-shirts and love them, I just know they are terrible from a fashion point of view, then again so are Tommy Hilfiger and RL imo. It really doesn't matter too much for me as my boss often has the same t-shirts.
              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-04-19, 09:22.

Comment

One of my students came in wearing this one...I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                  There is a chasm between good and bad graphic t-shirts, with all the artsy, pop-culture, 'funny' and all that kind of prints being in the majority and certainly on the wrong side of the spectrum, and more thoughtful, abstract, or simple designs being what would look good and work well with many styles and outfits. I got bad news for you Andy. That said, I have many terrible graphic t-shirts and love them, I just know they are terrible from a fashion point of view, then again so are Tommy Hilfiger and RL imo. It really doesn't matter too much for me as my boss often has the same t-shirts.
                  Being terrible from a fashion point of view is a key element of of the appeal.
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

One of my favs.

This too shall pass.

Comment

wearing this today though

I'm nothing if not inconsistent with my beliefs and motivations.

Such dynamic flexibility of mindset is something to be celebrated I feel
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

^^^100%
                          I have far too many teeshirts that were 'funny' or 'clever' for about 5 minutes

this slice of cultural lexicon being a prime example;

or this

some however, are just timeless
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Comment

I have that Mario Banksy one, people comment that they love it all the time.

I remember about 10 or 15 years ago I was wearing this tshirt (astronauts on the ISS have also been spotted in it lol) while iceskating with my girlfriend. A girl came up to me and was twirling her hair saying how she loved it.
                              I will never forget the fucking SNARL that came from my girlfriend, it was guttural, primitive - a "get the fuck away from him" sound in a wild animal kind of way. Girl legged it, I can still hear it in my head.

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 12-04-19, 10:08.

Comment

I have that Mario Banksy one, people comment that they love it all the time.

I remember about 10 or 15 years ago I was wearing this tshirt (astronauts on the ISS have also been spotted in it lol) while iceskating with my girlfriend. A girl came up to me and was twirling her hair saying how she loved it.
                                I will never forget the fucking SNARL that came from my girlfriend, it was guttural, primitive - a "get the fuck away from him" sound in a wild animal kind of way. Girl legged it, I can still hear it in my head.

I do get a perverse joy when someone does a "nice shirt" double take.
                                Usually something from qwertee or lootcrate.

Comment

Can't see it? See one where he said it was his favourite book and he's read it 10 times though
                                  One of, not my favourite. I think its hard to have a favourite book once you are past ten years old!

I remember writing more about Neuromancer but I searched for it and can't find it, so possibly it's a false memory.

Having re-read it recently it I still think its a great book, really well written. As hitchy says, its often been copied, but I don't think it has been surpassed. I have a particular love for that specific movement in all art forms though, and I've recommended the book to several people who ended up not enjoying it, so it might not be for everyone.

If you are planning on reading it don't read this spoiler
                                  SPOILER
                                  I had a funny reaction to the end of it, I literally threw the book against the wall and said out loud "every story is a fucking love story". It's a little like 1984 in that when people talk about it they discuss the world and the themes, but at heart its really just a romantic novel. I still loved it though

Comment

It’s winding me up far more than it should but fuck sake that Lappin is some special kind of jackass

Comment

Also wear the Mario Banksy one - we are a bunch of nerds, and even worse, not even that original

Comment

I think this is the only such t-shirt that ever tickled me:

Comment

Comment

The Disney+ competitor to Netflix looks like it could be very decent. Not sure too many people are going to keep Netflix and Disney, and objectively Disney looks like fun for all the family. I'd say 60% of Netflix ongoing subscriptions are just to have something (without ads) to keep the kids entertained.
                                            Seems obscenely Marvel heavy? Obviously there are many millions of people really into the MCU who will love that! Much narrower range of original output than Netflix or Amazon Prime, at first glance.

Wonder who will be the eventual winners of the streamed TV explosion, what with Apple coming on board too. It already feels like there is too much TV out there, who is able to keep up with it all... We pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime at present, and I feel like we're just about getting value for those two, but no way would I contemplate adding another service on top, it would have to be a case of dropping one before adding another.

Comment

Similar scenario to DP above where I now find myself going to more meetings and the odd conference. I remember the boss saying to me in the past: "No-one gives a shite what you wear here, you're the "techy" guy". Still the techy guy but perception is important.

I used to have about 15 of those type t-shirts. Mostly from qwertee. Donated the majority and only have a handful left, inc the Mario/Banksy one above. I'm sick of polos, shirts and sports getup so its nice to have some variety.

Comment

Comment

Tesla delivers again.

Model 3 has been the best-selling premium car in the U.S. for the past three quarters, and we’ve heard from Model 3 owners around the world that they love their cars. It has the highest consumer satisfaction rating of any car in the world.

Today, we’re making some changes to online ordering to simplify vehicle choices and make Autopilot more affordable.

All Tesla vehicles now come with Autopilot bundled as a standard feature for less than the prior cost of the option. For example, Model 3 Standard Plus used to cost $37,500, plus $3,000 for the Autopilot option. It now costs $39,500, with Autopilot included.

We think including Autopilot is very important because our data strongly indicates that the chance of an accident is much lower when Autopilot is enabled. Autopilot also dramatically improves the quality of the driving experience, especially in heavy traffic, as thousands of our customers frequently describe online.

Leasing
                                                  Beginning today, customers in the U.S. will be able to lease Model 3 for a small down payment and competitive monthly payments. Customers can choose any Model 3 variant and select an annual mileage option of 10,000, 12,000, or 15,000 miles.

Please note, customers who choose leasing over owning will not have the option to purchase their car at the end of the lease, because with full autonomy coming in the future via an over-the-air software update, we plan to use those vehicles in the Tesla ride-hailing network. Customers can visit tesla.com/3 now to lease a Model 3.

Alternativer
                                                  Last quarter, we introduced two new Model 3 variants with more competitive pricing than ever before – Standard and Standard Plus. Since then, Standard Plus has sold at more than six times the rate of Standard, far exceeding our expectations.

Given the popularity of the Standard Plus relative to the Standard, we have made the decision to simplify our production operations to better optimize cost, minimize complexity and streamline operations. As a result, Model 3 Standard will now be a software-limited version of the Standard Plus, and we are taking it off the online ordering menu, which just means that to get it, customers will need to call us or visit any one of the several hundred Tesla stores. Deliveries of Model 3 Standard will begin this weekend.

Its range will be limited by 10%, and several features will be disabled via software (including our onboard music streaming service, navigation with live traffic visualization, and heated seats). Similar to other software-limited vehicles produced in the past, Standard customers will have the option to upgrade to a Standard Plus at any time. Similarly, anyone who has already bought Standard Plus and wants to convert to Standard is welcome to do so, and we will provide a refund for the difference in cost.

To further simplify our line-up, beginning today customers will also need to call or visit a Tesla store to get Model 3 Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive. We’re making these changes to ensure that our online order process is focused exclusively on the three Model 3 variants customers want most.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley Harms View Post
                                                      It’s winding me up far more than it should but fuck sake that Lappin is some special kind of jackass
                                                      So it's embarrassing what they are doing, but you complaining about them here is perfectly fine and not at all similar? If it annoys you don't follow or read anything about it.

Comment

No other company in the world would produce something like that. It's covering up lies with more lies. They've never delivered the promised 35k car but are dressing it up that failure as something different.

The taxi fleet is 100% a joke that has no chance of coming to fruition, they're practically last in the field and have been promising autonomous driving any month now for years. The cars don't even have the hardware to be able to do it. But they keep selling the software packages without ever delivering the product.

Have you ever heard of another company getting people to phone up an order so that they could streamline their online sales?

Comment

Hip Hop music as gaelige doesn't sound like it might be good but these Kneecap group have some decent songs, they're playing the Trinity Ball tonight.
                                                          I'd guess they'll make an appearance on Blindboys podcast soon.

Comment

Speaking of t-shirts. I bought and wore this t-shirt when travelling around the states during the primaries in 2008. Got me quite a few fist bumps from random scary looking black dudes.

Last edited by DeadParrot; 12-04-19, 15:06.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

I see a sister of Jacob Rees-Mogg is standing in the Euro Elections for Nigel's new party. I must admit her name delights me, Annunziata Rees-Mogg.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                  Hip Hop music as gaelige doesn't sound like it might be good but these Kneecap group have some decent songs, they're playing the Trinity Ball tonight.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/m...come-1.3854738
                                                                  Saw them in the Workmans having no prior knowledge of them. They're really really good. They're talented rappers who happen to rap as gaelige as opposed to a novelty irish act.Easily the maddest and most enthusiastic crowd I've seen in that venue.

Quite a realisation for me too, that not only am I no longer young, but I'm at least two iterations away from whatever young people are now.

One thing I kinda find curious is how many of these acts have appeared in the last while as fully formed and polished. Is mango or who ever is behind them the the new Louis Walsh?
                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-04-19, 13:50.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Saw them in the Workmans having no prior knowledge of them. They're really really good. They're talented rappers who happen to rap as gaelige as opposed to a novelty irish act.Easily the maddest and most enthusiastic crowd I've seen in that venue.

Quite a realisation for me too, that not only am I no longer young, but I'm at least two iterations away from whatever young people are now.

One thing I kinda find curious is how many of these acts have appeared in the last while as fully formed and polished. Is mango or who ever is behind them the the new Louis Walsh?
                                                                    I doubt he's behind them. A mate of mine is the other half of Mango x Mathman, never been to any of their gigs cos pretty sure I'm way too old for that shit now. Did go to a few Animators gigs when they were both in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                      did I hear he had Derek Warfield of the Wolfe Tones as his guest for the live podcast
                                                                      Imagine paying 50 quid for tickets and then having to listen to that horrible cunt making excuses for his hatred and support of genocide GTFO
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        did I hear he had Derek Warfield of the Wolfe Tones as his guest for the live podcast
                                                                        Imagine paying 50 quid for tickets and then having to listen to that horrible cunt making excuses for his hatred and support of genocide GTFO
                                                                        He played the Theatre Royal in Waterford on March 23rd, maybe that was it, I was going to go but I was at that 10k.

I think some listen to him here, I listened to the first couple of episodes but didn't keep it up.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                          I see a sister of Jacob Rees-Mogg is standing in the Euro Elections for Nigel's new party. I must admit her name delights me, Annunziata Rees-Mogg.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...s-brexit-party
                                                                          This is just *mwah* delicious

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                            Seems obscenely Marvel heavy? Obviously there are many millions of people really into the MCU who will love that! Much narrower range of original output than Netflix or Amazon Prime, at first glance.

Wonder who will be the eventual winners of the streamed TV explosion, what with Apple coming on board too. It already feels like there is too much TV out there, who is able to keep up with it all... We pay for Netflix and Amazon Prime at present, and I feel like we're just about getting value for those two, but no way would I contemplate adding another service on top, it would have to be a case of dropping one before adding another.
                                                                            sadly it'll be a while before it's launched over here as Disney have a sweetheart deal with Sky
                                                                            (cue SatNav shill post )
                                                                            It actually will cause sky a lot of problems as paramount are also launching a service so in a few years time, you'll be missing a huge % of skys current catalog.

I figure we'll see a marked return to the high seas as distribution companies launch their own streaming services substituting one range of bills for another

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                              Similar scenario to DP above where I now find myself going to more meetings and the odd conference. I remember the boss saying to me in the past: "No-one gives a shite what you wear here, you're the "techy" guy". Still the techy guy but perception is important.

I used to have about 15 of those type t-shirts. Mostly from qwertee. Donated the majority and only have a handful left, inc the Mario/Banksy one above. I'm sick of polos, shirts and sports getup so its nice to have some variety.
                                                                              I have 9 pages or order history, just on qwertee.
                                                                              It's honestly disgraceful how many teeshirts I have

Comment

...

Comment

Ian Cognito was the first stand-up I ever saw at The Empire bar in Belfast.

Probably 1990 I'd say. You didn't get too many comedians coming through Ireland back then I'd guess never mind Belfast.

Died on stage during a gig last night.

Ballsy bastard I remember thinking and riotously funny too.

Comment

What genocide is that, and how does he support it?
                                                                                    The attempted genocide of the British people of Northern Ireland and he supported it by demoninising them and eulogising those who were perpetrating the violence.

Comment

...

Comment

I’d say apples tv stuff will be shocking
                                                                                        It’ll be play it safe ,micromanaged by the execs , of no interest to grown ups stodge.

Disney a safe skip for me too. Had a free go on prime recently, also utter trash. Netflix/now tv are the only games in town streaming wise
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 12-04-19, 16:30.

Comment

I now pay for four streaming services (Netflix, Amazon Prime - more for the quick delivery than what they stream, Crave/HBO and DAZN) which I think is the absolute maximum and I still pay for sports on TV. For two more months anyway as they still have the PL and then it's gone as DAZN over here is great value at $150 for a year.

Soccer - PL (from next season), CL, EL, League Cup, other major European leagues as well smaller leagues.
                                                                                          Rugby - Six Nations, Champions Cup, Pro 14, Challenge Cup
                                                                                          All the NFL games, baseball, some boxing, MMA, Darts, Tennis and just countless stuff I'll never watch of even know it's on such as table tennis and Moto GP.

Now I know it's cheap here because most of the above sports and on at off peak times and were likely picked up pretty cheap to fill out what they provide. But I've gotten used to getting up early on Saturday/Sunday and watching sport while having breakfast and fighting a hangover. Don't have to watch it live either, can avoid the results of any game and there'll be no spoilers on their interface.

If another streaming service that looks worth it comes along like Disney, it'll be one out for it and likely switching back and forth every few months. But I assume they'll all have yearly subs priced cheaper to stop people switching and to hold onto customer numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                            I’d say apples tv stuff will be shocking
                                                                                            It’ll be play it safe ,micromanaged by the execs , of no interest to grown ups stodgy.

Disney a safe slip for me too. Had a free go on prime recently, also utter trash. Netflix/now tv are the only games in town streaming wise
                                                                                            Prime is decent especially at the price The Expanse & The Man in the High Castle are excellent. Amazon will continue to pump massive money into content

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                              I have 9 pages or order history, just on qwertee.
                                                                                              It's honestly disgraceful how many teeshirts I have
                                                                                              Ah lad that's nuts. Tbf there are worse vices than owning a bunch of t-shirts that cost a tenner each. Moving gaff was a good way to thin out the wardrobe for me.

Comment

Got the Qwertees 'mystery selection' where you don't know what you're getting but it's only €4 a t-shirt. Rather fantastic selection of six tees that wouldn't have gone out and picked. +1
                                                                                                they last one wash.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                  they last one wash.
                                                                                                  I have Qwertees I've been wearing for more than a decade, wouldn't get an awful lot of use but still!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    I have Qwertees I've been wearing for more than a decade, wouldn't get an awful lot of use but still!
                                                                                                    The good old days. My washing machine finished all 3 of mine in one go first time round.

Comment

The good old days. My washing machine finished all 3 of mine in one go first time round.
                                                                                                      wouldn't happen with a miele

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        wouldn't happen with a miele
                                                                                                        I'll let the landlord know I want a £1k machine to save my £8 t shirts from becoming one-wear-onlies!

Comment

I'll let the landlord know I want a £1k machine to save my £8 t shirts from becoming one-wear-onlies!
                                                                                                          Would you wear a new t-shirt (or anything that touches your skin) without washing it first? God knows what filthy factory it came from.
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                            Would you wear a new t-shirt (or anything that touches your skin) without washing it first? God knows what filthy factory it came from.
                                                                                                            100% of the time. If I have ever washed something without wearing it first it was a mistake.

Comment

...

Comment

Surely 99% of people reading this story are going to look up the video?

Gymnast Samantha Cerio who broke both legs plea to stop people sharing injury video

Ouch.
                                                                                                                Ouch ouch

Comment

Gymnast Samantha Cerio who broke both legs plea to stop people sharing injury video

Ouch.
                                                                                                                  Urgh...

That commenter is some twat.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

...

Comment

Tiger
                                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ouch.
                                                                                                                        About the only time I can safely say I'm in the 1%
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Moving statues interviews on the late late.
                                                                                                                          What year is it?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X