Wee dealer mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wee dealer mistake

After seen a hand played out and not been a poker pro on nlh cash game rules , I have a question to ask!

2 guys get it all in pre flop on a full ring game.
    Small stack is 128€. ( very drunk also )
    Bigger stack is reg.

So reg ask to run flop three times.
    After 5 mins explaining to small stack how it works he agrees.

Both players reveal
    Small stack = j8 off
    Big stack = 66

New dealer approaches table waiting to swap.

Deal 1, k k k x x

Deal 2, 8 4 3 x x

Everyone at table announces (players ) 1 each.

Deal 3, j 4 8 x (6)
    Everyone (players) announce 2 pair including dealer.

Dealer announces big stack wins 1 third and small stack wins 2 thirds.

2 thirds shipped to small stack ( who is very drunk and hasn't a clue what happened) and he's happy.

1 third shipped to big stack (who is also very drunk) and missed the dealer declare hand 3 as 2 pair wins.

He takes his chips in and dealers swap.

As next hand dealt and half played big stack asks where is the rest of his chips as he should have won 2 thirds.
    Most people seen only 2 pair and agreed small stack won but the dealer who had left was in deep conversation with the floor away from the table that he had made a mistake.( and missed the 6)
    At same time big stack is piped up asking for camera to be checked as he had seen a 6(set) on last board and one or two others did too.

Floor approaches table and asks for quiet.
    He exclaims that there was a mistake and the dealer paid out wrong. Stating the dealer declared big stack as winner of 2 thirds and small stack as winner of 1 third but paying out opposite way....

As you can see the floor was not stating facts.

Yes the small stack had best hand 1 time but the dealer declared and gave him the chips . As he was very drink and everyone congratulated him he took chips in.

After a lot of back and forth €83 was taking from small stack and given to big stack.

Did the floor need to lie about dealer giving chips out the wrong way to get them back?
    If he was sober and said no the dealer declared me winner where would he stand?
    Cameras were checked to see that a set should have won.
    Dealer admitted to mistake but not how he made it.
    Last edited by snakeyfish; 12-10-14, 11:44.

Originally posted by snakeyfish View Post
    As next hand dealt and half played big stack asks where is the rest of his chips
    This is the important part. He needs to call it to the attention of the dealer before the next hand starts. How nobody spotted the 6 on the river at the time is

Comment

Reg should cop on, wanting to run a €250 pot 3 times in a drunk cash game is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        This is the important part. He needs to call it to the attention of the dealer before the next hand starts. How nobody spotted the 6 on the river at the time is
        Also why is there a dealer change when hand has not been complete?

Comment

Dealer should be kicked in the face for walking away from the table and then informing floor.

They obviously realised their mistake so should have stayed put and a simple ruling can be made. But when the dealer leaves the table it puts the floor in an extremely difficult position. We've all made mistakes dealing and it's easier to just admit it straight out and move on.

Comment

Big dealers make mistakes too!

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
              Big dealers make mistakes too!
              There is a lot of dwarf bashing going on in this forum at the minute

Comment

Reg was drunk. Small stack very v drunk.

Dealer didn't leave table half way through. He finished hand awarded pot and said new dealer.

There was 5 or more min discussion to explain the running of pot 3 times so by time dealer dealt he was prob pissed off and did the three runs very quick.

It unfortunately was a dealer mistake which no one denied.
                My Q was about floor saying that dealer announced something different when awarding pot.

Did he need to say the dealer gave pot out wrong to get chips back!

Would you give them back after dealer announced you won??

Do you have too.

Camera proved 6 did come.
                Last edited by snakeyfish; 12-10-14, 11:53.

Comment

Originally posted by snakeyfish View Post
                  Reg was drunk. Small stack very v drunk.

Dealer didn't leave table half way through. He finished hand awarded pot and said new dealer.

There was 5 or more min discussion to explain the running of pot 3 times so by time dealer dealt he was prob pissed off and did the three runs very quick.

It unfortunately was a dealer mistake which no one denied.
                  My Q was about floor saying that dealer announced something different when awarding pot
                  It's not the floors fault, he is only relying on what the dealer has told him. And dealer is obviously just trying to cover his own arse. That's why you should stay put and call for a ruling. Not give bad second hand info away from the table. Of all the mistakes I made, some in huge cash pots, I never once got a bollocking off the boss for calling for a ruling. The lads who get the bollocking are the ones who walk away from the table.

I dealt for 5 years and usually defend dealers all the time but this one has no excuse. He fucked up, we all have and then lied to his boss. The guy doing floor, even though he wasn't stating facts, can't be blamed imo.

Comment

Not sure why so much hate for the dealer here.

Pretty obvious there was a dealer change after this hand so there is no reason why he should be on the table. He completely missed the 6 on the river and nobody on the table helped him out after he awarded the pot so he stood up, changed dealer and was probably half way across the room when all of this happened. Was a dealer error but I doubt he ran away from it all.
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                      Reg should cop on, wanting to run a €250 pot 3 times in a drunk cash game is ridiculous.
                      Blame the TV myself drunk guys think there Gus Hansen and durrrr in these situations, floor should step in before it gets to this stage.
                      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                        Not sure why so much hate for the dealer here.

Pretty obvious there was a dealer change after this hand so there is no reason why he should be on the table. He completely missed the 6 on the river and nobody on the table helped him out after he awarded the pot so he stood up, changed dealer and was probably half way across the room when all of this happened. Was a dealer error but I doubt he ran away from it all.
                        I may have misread the OP but the way it comes across is that he spotted the mistake and went to talk to the floor manager away from the table but still did the table change.

If he spotted it, he should have stayed at the table and called the floor manager over who could then make a ruling.

If he didn't spot it, why is he talking to the floor manager saying the he awarded the wrong pot and he made a mistake.

Like I said, I always try and defend dealers cos they do get a tough time at the table from some players but it looks to me like he is in the wrong here.

Comment

Im the dealer, as i was walking away i realised there had been been a six on the last board and i'd wrongly said that player A had won 2/3 of pot, i then went to floor and told him and he went to table to explain my mistake.

Comment

As the rules and ruling section.
                            Had the small stack a right to keep 2 thirds???

Why would floor need to say that dealer awarded pots wrong way when , as they were awarded they were awarded to what the dealer taught at time was the right player.

This isn't too the dealer as I don't want it to be in any way personalised , just general question.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                              I may have misread the OP but the way it comes across is that he spotted the mistake and went to talk to the floor manager away from the table but still did the table change.

If he spotted it, he should have stayed at the table and called the floor manager over who could then make a ruling.

If he didn't spot it, why is he talking to the floor manager saying the he awarded the wrong pot and he made a mistake.

Like I said, I always try and defend dealers cos they do get a tough time at the table from some players but it looks to me like he is in the wrong here.
                              Actually I don't dislike him stepping away from the table here as it's a messy table by all accounts, drunk guy small stack could refuse to give back the chips but shouldn't and the house should not add BS to the ruling but that's human nature I guess . Best solution here is for the house to refund 83 from rake and bask in the good feed back instead of battling through the hassle of taking chips back from an awarded pot :-)
                              Atlantis Events Beat The Boss Saturday 7th Mar @5pm €5,000 Gtd The Dolmen Carlow

Comment

Working...
                              X