Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
    Sadly not in stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Does font matter at all on a CV?
      Ya pick one that's normaly used and don't be afraid of spacing it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
        Also one other question that is cv related.

Been in the same place for 7 years with multiple roles.
        Should i put in any prior jobs to this? None really carry much importance. I'm more focused on current employer and recently finished degree.
        I'd be inclined to include it unless those jobs were while you were studying and won't leave a gap.

'Study - unimportant job for a year - current job' looks better than 'Study - gap gap gap (what's he hiding?) - current job'

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Common problem for the ladies.

Some even have nightmares.
          Just imagine the SATNAV and Raoul on a cruise together..

Raoul : Morning dear, you look rough this morning

Satnav : Fk off, I was drinking Vino till 4 am.

Raoul : I hope it wasn’t that bottle I left by the table that we copulated on yesterday during the big waves . (let the waves do the work I say)

Satnav: Yeah, I necked it.

Raoul : NOT My Chateau Reserve Bordeaux rjoca bollix grand reserve cost me an arm and a leg so it must be nice wine bottle?

Satnav: Wanna go on the table again.?

Raoul: IN LIKE FLYNN

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            Ya pick one that's normaly used and don't be afraid of spacing it out.
            Has to calibri.
            airport, lol

Comment

Century Gothic is the nut font
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Keep it to two pages is the main thing no? If they're not too relevant or if you're tight for space I'd leave them out.

Comment

I was sending them out in NZ and a couple of recruiters told me to change it. Since I've got home I've used the same CV.
                  I've had a couple of calls but a recruiter told to revert back.
                  Apparently they can change from region to region which I wasn't aware of.

A few people applied to your place Denny but as far as I know nobody got a call and I was told SIG are only taking on 2 graduates total, no word for anyone here which seemed very low given they gave a 2-3 hour presentation

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      SIG is Susquehanna?
                      It is, they gave an interesting presentation tbf. Apparently pretty tough to get, a few had interviews but no hires as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                        Keep it to two pages is the main thing no? If they're not too relevant or if you're tight for space I'd leave them out.
                        Ignore this advice, sorry Denny but it's not true at all.

It's not the 80's which is when this advice may have been correct. It's a terrible myth but if on the off chance you applied for a job to a hiring manager who has such a stupid and arbitory distinction why would you want to work for such a dick anyway.

People read CV's on screens and proper spacing over 4 pages is much better than reducing font size and removing spacing to squeeze into 2 pages.

Comment

Aintree Tipping Comp thread is this way >>>>>>.

No rush as it doesn't kick off until 12-April but early birds, worms etc. Think Sitch was the first one up for the Cheltenham competition and he scooped it.

Thanks in advance to eoghan104 who has stupidly graciously volunteered to be my underling for the first two days, run the comp, do all marketing shilling, make me breakfast in bed, take kids to school etc
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            Has to calibri.
                            You have a choice between it which is now default, times new roman because your old school and arial because your a robot. Never venture outside those 3 tho.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                              I was sending them out in NZ and a couple of recruiters told me to change it. Since I've got home I've used the same CV.

A few people applied to your place Denny but as far as I know nobody got a call and I was told SIG are only taking on 2 graduates total, no word for anyone here which seemed very low given they gave a 2-3 hour presentation
                              Dimensions data were taking on data grads - I am presuming that what your looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post

Don't think we're taking on anyone at the moment. Probably be a couple of months until the next intake.

Comment

Ignore this advice, sorry Denny but it's not true at all.

It's not the 80's which is when this advice may have been correct. It's a terrible myth but if on the off chance you applied for a job to a hiring manager who has such a stupid and arbitory distinction why would you want to work for such a dick anyway.

People read CV's on screens and proper spacing over 4 pages is much better than reducing font size and removing spacing to squeeze into 2 pages.
                                  I've always been more attracted to shorter cvs as a hiring manager.

Comment

Dimensions data were taking on data grads - I am presuming that what your looking for?
                                    I'm not sure myself personally but its a mixed bag for the rest, I dont know if many are looking at data roles, more finance, most are looking at the likes of Citi, JPMorgan, Goldman's etc

Comment

Ballymun fire looks serious

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Lots of friends sharing their videos of that fire on FB. It looks to have burned through the top 5 floors and the roof. Hopefully people got out in time.

Comment

Comment

Fire crews should get a right stoning at this one id say!.

Comment

Horrible building...Good riddance!

Little known fact: An Italian aircraft got confused between the lights on top of it and the runway at Dublin Airport one day and came within about 5 seconds of landing on it.

Comment

I just drove past the Metro hotel about an hour and a half ago and didn't notice anything - Did it just start?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                  Horrible building...Good riddance!

Little known fact: An Italian aircraft got confused between the lights on top of it and the runway at Dublin Airport one day and came within about 5 seconds of landing on it.
                                                  Yep, heard that one myself!

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  I just drove past the Metro hotel about an hour and a half ago and didn't notice anything - Did it just start?
                                                  I heard 7.30pm Irish time.

Comment

Is it not the apartments beside the hotel?

Comment

Going for a drive with Lao Lao:

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        Lots of friends sharing their videos of that fire on FB. It looks to have burned through the top 5 floors and the roof. Hopefully people got out in time.
                                                        Ya, everyone got out anyhow.

Comment

Comment

That Vue cinema killer chair story is the most shocking story of recent days.
                                                            I tried to do the same stunt when I was dragged to Mamma Mia a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                              Going for a drive with Lao Lao:

I'll have you know I don't wear a hat when driving!

Comment

Comment

7.5/10

Comment

A rare look on LinkedIn newsfeed and see a comment on a Laz story by a connection. Seems I'm connected to your boss on there but not you. How would me and him be connected Laz - something in DCU maybe?
                                                                    Are you sure it's my boss you're connected to? Initials NC.

I've only started using it, still figuring it out, was trying to see mutual connections but not sure I'm looking at the right thing.

Comment

Ah, I see now you are connected to him. Not sure how tbh, I'll ask him in the morn.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          PSV was right about Facebook all along and it turns out it was TarA stealing your soul for Bannon and Trump

https://www.theguardian.com/news/201...x-bannon-trump
                                                                          Just checking in to claim my Iwasrightallalong bucks
                                                                          Doubt it’ll change much if greater than 1% of the #delete Facebook crowd actually follow through I’ll be very surprised
                                                                          Hope Zuck loses it all
                                                                          All the ivegotnothingtohide crew blasted the fuck out,glorious

Comment

Also god bless the eu,they were onto these cunts before most,must learn the words to the eu anthem

Comment

That Vue cinema killer chair story is the most shocking story of recent days.
                                                                              What an extremely ridiculous way to die. Got to be the one of the most bizarre ways to go. Sound like a scene from Final Destination that they cut from the film because it was too unbelievable.
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                Also god bless the eu
                                                                                People should say this more often

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  I have a creaky floor in the upstairs of our house, and I know that it is because it was badly nailed down, rather than properly screwed down. In theory I could do it myself, but taking up carpet and putting it back properly is my main concern. Is this something that is easier than one would think? Google so far hasn't been a great help to be honest.
                                                                                  Anyone know anything about such endeavours?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    People should say this more often
                                                                                    Strange thing for you to say given your tag.
                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                      Strange thing for you to say given your tag.
                                                                                      I know.

Unless my tag is ironic.

How weird!

Comment

We regularly get stuff in the 10-12 pages range... If anything a two page CV is less likely to get looked at very closely.
                                                                                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...

Comment

Are you in a more academic line of work?

Guess the US articles I read about recruiters only spending x amount of time on application mislead me.

Comment

Delicious ironing... the Mail online comments will be something special

UK passports 'to be made in France after Brexit

The new UK passport to be issued after Brexit will be made in France, according to the current British manufacturer.

The current burgundy passport, in use since 1988, will revert to its original blue and gold colour from October 2019.

The boss of UK supplier De La Rue told the BBC that Franco-Dutch firm Gemalto had won the £490m contract.

Culture Secretary Matthew Hancock said a final decision had not been made.

However, the Home Office said passports did not have to be made in the UK and some blank covers were already made overseas.

De la Rue boss Martin Sutherland told the BBC's Today programme: "Over the last few months we have heard ministers happy to come on and talk about the new blue passport and the fact that it is an icon of British identity.

"But now this icon of British identity is going to be manufactured in France."

He added: "I'd like to ask Theresa May or Amber Rudd to come to my factory and explain to our dedicated workforce why this is a sensible decision to offshore the manufacture of a British icon."

'Undercut'
                                                                                              Under EU procurement rules, the Home Office had been required to throw open the bidding process to European firms.

De La Rue, which has held the contract to manufacture British passports since 2009, said it it had been "undercut on price" by Gemalto.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I think someone here (SP?) mentioned knowing a guy that acts as a broker for people who want to buy their second-hand car from the UK; would appreciate getting the details of such a person if so. Looking to buy a smaller engined crossover/small SUV type car for approximately €12 all in - worth going via the UK route or not, maybe it is only worthwhile for higher spec models.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                  We regularly get stuff in the 10-12 pages range... If anything a two page CV is less likely to get looked at very closely.
                                                                                                  My cv is currently 3 pages having been kept to 2 for many years. I wouldn't consider having one more than 4. Even that would be unwieldy in my opinion.

Comment

Are you in a more academic line of work?

Guess the US articles I read about recruiters only spending x amount of time on application mislead me.
                                                                                                    No thats true which is why we want easy to skim CV's - standard fonts, bullet points, bolded headings and more IT specific but technology used being bolded is great as well. Running a spell check is surprisingly rare also.

Will read it properly if I see something I like but the internal teams see way more CV's than me so its even more important if going in directly.

Also sending your CV in word and not locking it is a great help. pdf's and locked docs are just a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                      Understand what you mean. Just feel that reporting it normally covers any abnormality. Not a fan of the unnecessary TUE precedent I guess.

Any idea how long the wash out would be?
                                                                                                      It really depends on dosing. If you juiced up to the eyeballs during a 7-8 week training schedule there would be perhaps a 3 week window after this that you would probably fail a blood test (probably only 1-2 weeks for the urine test). However this type of doping is hopefully long gone.

A cyclist would get noticeably improved performances from a weekly dose of only around 3000 IU. It would maybe be detectable for 48-72 hours. However if you used more regular injections, but of a lower dosage: say 3 separate injections of 1000iu during the week, each one would only be detectable for less than a day (and less than 12 hours for the urine test). So if it is injected prior to going to bed, the window for testing positive is so small. For the testing to be conclusive, the natural EPO produced by the body needs to be distinguished from the synthetic EPO. With smaller and regular dosing of the synthetic EPO the red cell production stimulated more accurately mirrors the natural production of the human body. This is why the time window is so small.

The TUE process is there for good reason. A person with a medical condition should be allowed to take medication to preserve his or her health. I think most elite road cyclists will still use EPO on at least an occasional basis. It is extremely easy to buy it, and the benefits are hard to resist. I would be amazed if a cyclist could compete for GC victory in a grand tour without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        Delicious ironing... the Mail online comments will be something special

UK passports 'to be made in France after Brexit
                                                                                                        So the French are facilitating Britain's transition from the EU sounds like the ultimate irony.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                              So the French are facilitating Britain's transition from the EU sounds like the ultimate irony.
                                                                                                              Whats the official company line on the other forum about the home schooled christian conservative bomber in Texas?

Comment

No thats true which is why we want easy to skim CV's - standard fonts, bullet points, bolded headings and more IT specific but technology used being bolded is great as well. Running a spell check is surprisingly rare also.

Will read it properly if I see something I like but the internal teams see way more CV's than me so its even more important if going in directly.

Also sending your CV in word and not locking it is a great help. pdf's and locked docs are just a pain.
                                                                                                                Why would pdf rather than word be preference?
                                                                                                                I would have assumed the opposite

Is it purely ease of use when submitting to monster/indeed etc?
                                                                                                                ability to edit?
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

that can't be rea....oh
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The most powerful man in the world, remember.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      Why would pdf rather than word be preference?
                                                                                                                      I would have assumed the opposite

Is it purely ease of use when submitting to monster/indeed etc?
                                                                                                                      ability to edit?
                                                                                                                      You said the opposite of what he did. Read it again.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                        I think someone here (SP?) mentioned knowing a guy that acts as a broker for people who want to buy their second-hand car from the UK; would appreciate getting the details of such a person if so. Looking to buy a smaller engined crossover/small SUV type car for approximately €12 all in - worth going via the UK route or not, maybe it is only worthwhile for higher spec models.
                                                                                                                        I sent a pm with the details of the lad I got estimates from and has sold a good few cars around my way

I never met him just got estimates and ultimately didn't go that route.

IMO you'd be better finding someone local to you, there seems to be a lot of people doing it, It's what half the lads on carzone are doing.

Comment

What did Joe say about the horrible lump of lard that has him raving like a cowardly 12 year old imbecile?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X