Pokerstars underraise :S :S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pokerstars underraise :S :S

How was this guy allowed to raise?? This is surely an underraise shove! Been a while since I played on stars but when I limped I was certain that guy couldn't reraise :s

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) (t6700)
    SB (t3000)
    BB (t3285)
    UTG (t4300)
    UTG+1 (t3440)
    MP1 (t375)
    MP2 (t4792)
    CO (t466)

Hero's M: 11.65

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2, 2
    UTG calls t250, 3 folds, CO bets t441 (All-In), Hero calls t441, 2 folds, UTG raises to t4275 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t1898

This isn't just because I'm annoyed to have to fold 2's, genuinely confused as it will affect me play always!
    Has it always been like this? I am VERY CONFUSED!!
    Go big or go homeless.

I think they use a 50% rule for an under raise,i.e. If the raise is 50% or more of the required raise then the action is opened again.

Example.
    blind 1k 2k
    Utg calls 2K
    Folded to Button,shove for 3.1K
    BB calls
    Utg can raise.(if the above raise is 2.9k he cant)

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
      How was this guy allowed to raise?? This is surely an underraise shove! Been a while since I played on stars but when I limped I was certain that guy couldn't reraise :s

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, Tournament, 125/250 Blinds 25 Ante (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) (t6700)
      SB (t3000)
      BB (t3285)
      UTG (t4300)
      UTG+1 (t3440)
      MP1 (t375)
      MP2 (t4792)
      CO (t466)

Hero's M: 11.65

Preflop: Hero is Button with 2, 2
      UTG calls t250, 3 folds, CO bets t441 (All-In), Hero calls t441, 2 folds, UTG raises to t4275 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: t1898

This isn't just because I'm annoyed to have to fold 2's, genuinely confused as it will affect me play always!
      Has it always been like this? I am VERY CONFUSED!!
      AFAIK an all in bet that is an under-raise, if it is more than 50% of a full bet it is counted as one.

Read it on the TD questions at the HendonMob site a while ago.
      But I seem to remember the consensus was that it is a rule for limit poker, and not NL.

TLR, I dunno!
      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

It's always been the case.

Apparently its down to the software reading the small blind as the original bet.
        So the 441 is more than 300 on top, so its counted as a full raise.

Edit: This was the reason given by support on a thread back in the old place. Maybe she was misunderstanding the half full bet rule.
        The best way to check would be to see if a underraise post flop thats more than half the full amount (ie no blinds to mess it up) re-opens betting.

Majkes mroe sense that they actually use the 1/2 bet rule and that support girl was just talking bollox
        Last edited by Mellor; 08-05-12, 01:15.

Comment

Working...
        X