Golf Betting Thread 2014 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elbows View Post
    Anyone watching Bubba there. It was one of the most blatant lies to get a drop. No way was he going to play the shot the way he described to the ref. Commentators saying he was right to use the rules to his advantage.
    Buba is an absolute prick in general but was just using the rules in his favor as they said, most of them would do the same, the ref folded a bit easy though, Slugger White might of called it different.

Rory is a wanker. WTF is Wozniacki doing walking around with him inside the ropes the last three days, he's working, send the bibe shopping or something.

Comment

could do with ryan moore clicking into gear & makin some moves.
      scoring been pretty impressive form the last few groups

Comment

Need steele to get his ass into gear and get t5. Rock bottled it for a place this morning (got a 4 way share) but wtf was he doing not going for 17. Has the length and the pin was at the back made no sense.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

sigh,that 360 horseshoe around the cup for moore on the last was sickenin.
          had him in an eachway double with gallagher.
          ul with steele elbows,had a small e/w on him too.
          ball breaking

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
            sigh,that 360 horseshoe around the cup for moore on the last was sickenin.
            had him in an eachway double with gallagher.
            ul with steele elbows,had a small e/w on him too.
            ball breaking
            That's sick. Moore blew a few chances but that was horribly unlucky. T6 is a brutal finish. Lot of people had a chance to win it. Glad I didn't go in again as would have backed Mahan.
            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

I punted Laird at 9/2 top UK/Ireland this week in phoenix with betfairfixed
              Just about covered me last weekend, thought it was gravy after the three shorter then him in the betting missed the cut (westy/pod/poults) but was swingy. He started sunday 2 up on Lynn, by the time Lynn was on the tenth Laird was 4 shots down, then 5 up when Lynn was playing the 18th. Fucking Rory, I'm not on him often, fuck me it was frustrating to be those last two events.

Wont be getting involved much this week, had small bet EW on Sterne last night, thought there was a bit of value in the 22/1. May back Walker in the states, but will wait until Sunday to do anything substantial.

Comment

hate tourneys with more than 1 course, 1st round leader in tatters

Comment

Did u back Walker pre Nick. Still think the -4-3 have a great chance if walker, spieth and hunter slip. Whereas in European tour can't see past anyone minus 6 having a chance on the east course. Quiros good value at 80/1
                  Last edited by accomputers.ie; 08-02-14, 02:59.

Comment

Originally posted by accomputers.ie View Post
                    Did u back Walker pre Nick. Still think the -4-3 have a great chance if walker, spieth and hunter slip. Whereas in European tour can't see past anyone minus 6 having a chance on the east course. Quiros good value at 80/1
                    Difficult as both walker and Mahan playing easy course. Hard to see past 1st 3 tbh. Depends on weather as it can make a 3 or 4 shot difference in pebble and not as much in the others. Have jeong at 100/1 so hopefully he can do the business

Comment

na & choi at decent e/w prices for me this week just gotta find a victim in south africa to double with D. johnson in the win bracket

Comment

Agree with choi. Need to look into both tournies a bit more. Kakko might be worth a pop ew in sa

Comment

Spent a good bit of time on Riviera, can't come up with a decent fancy, I've thrown two 300/1 speculative darts and had a score EW on Freddie Couples for 1st round leader.

Comment

Spent a good bit of time on Riviera, can't come up with a decent fancy, I've thrown two 300/1 speculative darts and had a score EW on Freddie Couples for 1st round leader.
                            Was only thinking this yday and didn't pull the trigger. Might have a small stake.

I'm taking Olesen, CH3 and KJ out for a spin this week.

Anyone looking at Lee at a big price? He's tweeting away how he loves the place. He's placed before. Like, a super ball striking week / shocking putting week and a place wouldn't be too unrealistic would it?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post

Anyone looking at Lee at a big price? He's tweeting away how he loves the place. He's placed before. Like, a super ball striking week / shocking putting week and a place wouldn't be too unrealistic would it?
                              We've broken up, he's blocked me on twitter, saw him 4 putt from an uncomplicated 7 foot at Phoenix, that image is now ingrained and will save (or cost) me a few quid over the year.

Comment

We've broken up, he's blocked me on twitter, saw him 4 putt from an uncomplicated 7 foot at Phoenix, that image is now ingrained and will save (or cost) me a few quid over the year.
                                Ah yeah, the days of backing him in Majors and less than 14s on the Euro tour are gone. But 60s - 100s this week. Didn't think we'd be seeing it for a while. He must be firmly in reverse.

Comment

Ah yeah, the days of backing him in Majors and less than 14s on the Euro tour are gone. But 60s - 100s this week. Didn't think we'd be seeing it for a while. He must be firmly in reverse.
                                  all I'll say on the matter is I've punted him at torry pines and phoenix already this year, stop enticing me pls :-)

Just thinking back to his interview after his blow up at wentworth last year - lead by two after 5/6 holes on final day trading 1.4 after looking dominant the previous two days, then totally lost it. Interviewer asked him what went wrong, Westy told him rather narkily, that he was playing bad all week and couldn't understand how anyone ever thought he could win the tournament.
                                  Last edited by nicnicnic; 12-02-14, 17:45.

Comment

Westy -2 through 7 despite missing a 6ft, 4ft, 11ft for Birdies

Comment

greens at this place get insane late in the evenings, ball just jumps all over the place and there lightening, should make for interesting viewing come Sunday, lot of potential for blow ups.

Comment

disgraceful book on betfair fixed odds from about 15 minutes ago, really should be some kind of regulation to what % bookmakers can bet to

Comment

I will never learn with that fucking matchplay.

Comment

Neither will I. Such a head fuck of a tourney.

Comment

Neither will I. Such a head fuck of a tourney.
                                              man up

Main bet was Rory "again", got some 16/1 Monday on betfair fixed, it's becoming a masochistic relationship now, could be a long and painful year. On the plus side I just enter any monies bet on the matchplay as a loss on my spreadsheet as I bet them, saves added pain over the week.

Comment

man up

Main bet was Rory "again", got some 16/1 Monday on betfair fixed, it's becoming a masochistic relationship now, could be a long and painful year. On the plus side I just enter any monies bet on the matchplay as a loss on my spreadsheet as I bet them, saves added pain over the week.
                                                Plus the standard nibble on Kaymer i imagine. I just had one bet. Stricker. Gone after 6 holes on a Wednesday evening.

What is the story with Kaymer's schedule this season? He taking up Pga aswell as Euro again?
                                                Is he playing in Florida at all the next few months?

Comment

man up

You seem to be following Rory off a cliff, in fairness 16/1 was a decent price. I have only ever had 2 positive results in this, Poulter last year e/w and Cink e/w when he got spanked by Tiger in the final. I always intend to not get heavily involved and most of the time end up doing my brains. I am glad I didn't start doing individual matches too much as would have lost my bollix.

I have one treble left on GMAC, Kuchar and Simpson to win Bracket and a 4 way accum on todays matches.
                                                  Last edited by elbows; 21-02-14, 15:05.

Comment

Plus the standard nibble on Kaymer i imagine. I just had one bet. Stricker. Gone after 6 holes on a Wednesday evening.

What is the story with Kaymer's schedule this season? He taking up Pga aswell as Euro again?
                                                    Is he playing in Florida at all the next few months?
                                                    I must admit to a self indulgent £50 at 75s on the machine. No idea where he's at tbh, last interview I saw of him a few week back involved him saying he was looking for a bird as he hasn't had a girlfriend in two years.

We see it over again with young guys busting onto the scene for couple of years, then it just goes. Villegas, Kim, O'Heir spring to mind, looks like Martin is going the same way, hope not.

Actually just thinking there might be a direct correlation between when my avatar went up and his loss of form. My previous avatar was Solwit whose career looked over until a spectacular return once I dumped him.

Comment

You seem to be following Rory off a cliff
                                                      I've never previously been a Rory punter, but have it in my head that he's going to have the year this year, that the world expected him to have last year. When he on his A game he's frighteningly far ahead of the rest. Unfortunately mental fragility and being a wanker in general are major concerns. At times re reminds me of a petulant 14yr old girl out there.

Comment

I've never previously been a Rory punter, but have it in my head that he's going to have the year this year, that the world expected him to have last year. When he on his A game he's frighteningly far ahead of the rest. Unfortunately mental fragility and being a wanker in general are major concerns. At times re reminds me of a petulant 14yr old girl out there.
                                                        I have never backed Rory. He is outstanding when he is on but doesn't win that often to justify prices. I never warmed to him. Watched him play the Irish Amateur in Royal Dublin as a kid and he was throwing clubs left right and centre. Remember being on the first tee watching him and Pat Murray tee off and GUI guy said to Pat Murray you can't wear metal spikes and he told the GUI guy I will take them out if you tell Rory to take his out. GUI guy didn't know what to do.

Comment

Cough** Backed Westwood***

Comment

Have Stroud and Casey. Was going to add Horschel but forgot last night and price is now 50's instead of 66/1. Hope I don't regret that.

Westwood "cough" indeed.

Where the fook is shottracker gone

Comment

Where the fook is shottracker gone

Comment

COME ON THE FCUK LEE

Comment

Thanks yeah I found it. I actually like the new website but they still have not sorted it so you can click into historical tourneys leaderboards from player stats

Comment

COME ON THE FCUK LEE

Just looked there and westy going nicely also stroud for me.

Comment

What price was westy

Comment

55s in Boyles on Tuesday

Comment

Nick Dougherty 125/1 for the Kenyan open. Its worth a whirl boys.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                            Nick Dougherty 125/1 for the Kenyan open. Its worth a whirl boys.
                                                                            If he wins you will probably make more money than he did last season

250/1 elsewhere btw

Comment

#98
                                                                              Nice and windy now. Happy days. Gmac. Jimmy nez and kirk all good wind players.

Comment

#99
                                                                                Had my first bet for the masters. Pouter looks overpriced at 66/1.

Comment

Spieth 1st round leader 25

Comment

Backed Zach Johnson ew at 18/1 with pp yesterday. Score ew

Comment

For 1st round leader Fonz?

Comment

Originally posted by accomputers.ie View Post
                                                                                        For 1st round leader Fonz?
                                                                                        No outright, he has a chance but not putting well enough at present

Comment

Backed summerhays and furyk, kooch imploding just need bow ditch to blow up

Comment

Nicked loupe at 40's also

Comment

Took Ogilvy e/w yday.

Used to know his way around here and flashed some form to finish 11th last week.

Anyone going in this week to boost the funds for next?

Comment

Nicked loupe at 40's also
                                                                                                That's a fiasco

Comment

Usual €20 Masters competition running again

Comment

Backed j spieth and r garrigus so far got this weekend

Comment

How's Branden Grace's style suited to Augusta?

Don't follow the golf year round so know little about him, but seems interesting to me @200's on 365 for an e/w poke.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                        How's Branden Grace's style suited to Augusta?

Don't follow the golf year round so know little about him, but seems interesting to me @200's on 365 for an e/w poke.
                                                                                                        Similar profile to schwartzal when he won. Price seems big. Thanks dice worth a tenner ew.

Good debut last year also.
                                                                                                        Last edited by elbows; 01-04-14, 21:15.

Comment

An Irishman has won the last 4 majors that tiger has not played in

Comment

Added watney 150's is too big a price

Comment

US Masters 2014

Outright single picks

Comment

Corals doing 10 euro pre 10 euro free in running so basically double the odds

Comment

Runners set

Rory
                                                                                                                  Phil
                                                                                                                  DJ
                                                                                                                  Billy Haas
                                                                                                                  Nick Watney

Comment

My stable:

Schwartzel
                                                                                                                    Henley
                                                                                                                    Fowler
                                                                                                                    Gmac
                                                                                                                    Immelman
                                                                                                                    Watney
                                                                                                                    Poulter
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Scott for a repeat victory please.

Branden Grace for a run at 200's.

Comment

Runners set

Rory
                                                                                                                        Phil
                                                                                                                        DJ
                                                                                                                        Billy Haas
                                                                                                                        Nick Watney
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                        Scott for a repeat victory please.

Branden Grace for a run at 200's.
                                                                                                                        Added Grace yesterday too actually, 300s on betfair
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Win/ew market

Scott/Sergio/Fowler/Snedeker

Best debutant- Harris English

Also Did a few sheckles on Jimenez & Weekely at big prices for 1st round leader.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X