Noel Hayes Nose Bleeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
    Lol, unless Hastings was playing in the IPB home games aswell on that account was he
    cheers. It actually wasn't 100% confirmed anywhere and I thought people here would probably know for sure.
    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by welk_in View Post
      Noel is head of Tote or something isn't he he seems a bit legit to get involved in this nonsense?
      and basically this was the reason I felt the need to have it confirmed. Surely can't be much of an upside to having your name constantly mentioned in this negative publicity.
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
        and basically this was the reason I felt the need to have it confirmed. Surely can't be much of an upside to having your name constantly mentioned in this negative publicity.
        True, the only upside I can see is the almighty dollar

Comment

I was actually being serious. Has it been confirmed or is it just generally accepted that the NoelHayes account originally belonged to Noel Hayes?
          Originally posted by CHD View Post
          Gab created the NoelHayes and BigNittyBanker accounts years back.

Looks like they are being played on by Hastings recently.
          why dont you just ask him? he posts here enough.

jam fly seems like a nosey bloke. im watching you jam fly

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy
            why dont you just ask him? he posts here enough.

jam fly seems like a nosey bloke. im watching you jam fly
            You watch all you like m8.

We could ask him but he won't reply. There is a thread on 2+2 about it which he reads several times daily.

Post 47343904 -Poker discussion forum with over 500,000 members and 100 different poker forums. Learn poker strategy & sharpen your poker skills for tournament poker, texas hold 'em, five card draw, omaha hi lo, seven card stud and more plus talk poker TV, and dozens of other topics.

So why ask him on here when he has said nothing since the start of this account actually being a winner? Why hasn't he replied on 2+2? Why the silence?

Cause he has done something retarded and wrong despite working in similar businesses. Anyone who isn't a retarded lick arse fan boy knows that he is a lick arse fan boy himself. If the account is him, fair play to him, keep winning but he probably jumped at the chance to sell his account to someone he wants to be.

Silence is deafening.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger88
              All,

I have been following the thread some but been very busy this summer playing the WSOP. I'm aware of the allegations, but at this time I have nothing to add to the conversation publicly. I stopped caring what strangers on the internet said or thought about me many years ago; otherwise I probably would've jumped off the deep end by now. What I do care about is something like this being a major story in the poker world at a time in which the WSOP is in full force and we should be trying to promote and grow the game of poker, rather than drag it through the mud. Think what you want about me, but one thing I have in common with most people reading this is that we love the game of poker and want to be able to play it freely in the comfort of our own homes. I'm moving back to PA soon to play 400/800 mix live and be closer to Sonya's and my parents, and state regulation of online poker would be a nice cherry on top.

I think especially those of us who are professional poker players should be taking steps to try to promote and grow the game, rather than feeling sorry for themselves because Cardrunners was founded, Black Friday happened, everybody is too good now, etc. With enough hard work, I truly believe that just about anyone (at least anyone smart enough to be browsing 2+2) can make a living playing poker in 2015. I think it's unfortunate that certain people have been on bad runs and choose to take their frustrations out outwardly rather than by trying to self improve, but I get it, it's certainly not always easy. I did not turn a profit in 2 of the previous 3 years, but with an improved mindset, an amazing woman in my life, and a strong work ethic, I've gotten my game back to where it needs to be.

This will be my last post in this thread. If you'd like to discuss further with me I'm just a PM away.

Brian

Comment

My favourite post in that 2+2 thread .....

Re: Brian Hastings accused of Multi-Accounting as "NoelHayes"

He must have known he would get busted since pros would recognize his play and an old businessman wont play at this skill level. So since cheating will be a big hit to his reputation he probably decided to not hang around at the poker scene anymore on beforehand and thus might as well book a winning online while its still possible at high stakes.

Comment

Hastings post might be my favorite in the history of 2+2. So arrogant and condescending without actually saying anything at all. Could easily be written as, 'Haters gonna hate, rubbing money on my titties.'
                  They will be like WTF how does he always have the top of his range, and they will be saying that when you show up with like nine's - Jimmy Fricke
                  Nine's are the top of my range - Shaun Deeb

Comment

cliffs?

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                      cliffs?
                      "NoelHayes" acc. on stars wins lots during scoop while clearly not being Noel Hayes.

Acc. gets outed as Brian Hastings on twitter. He apparently told some of his friends it was him but it was not common knowledge to most regs.

His is response to accusations was basically this:

Originally posted by Daragh999 View Post
                      Hastings post might be my favorite in the history of 2+2. So arrogant and condescending without actually saying anything at all. Could easily be written as, 'Haters gonna hate, rubbing money on my titties.'

Comment

Maybe Noel was Stinger88 all these years.

Hastings is a fat nerd. Surely people have more important things to cause a fuss about unless you unknowingly played high stakes mix games against the account.

Comment

why would you sell an account that's your actual name?
                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                            lol.....

Comment

that's what I couldn't understand. If the screen-name was PokerGuy123 there's a good chance Noel's name would never have been mentioned.

Also, absolutely lol-worthy response from Hastings.
                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

You would have to wonder why this is has come to such fruition now,

Imagine the people who made bracelet bets with hastings, what exactly did they think hastings was doing, taking over 100k in equity in bracelet bets... jerking off in the pool, obviously he was working on his game,
                                The same guys who laugh, at the stories of legendary prop bets between poker players
                                when some legend has rigged the game in their favour, have now gotten a taste to what it feels like on the other end, they are hiding behind the facade of MA while obviously wrong does not make up for the fact they did not do their due diligence before trying to make some easy money on a player who in their minds was not that good

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                  You would have to wonder why this is has come to such fruition now,

Imagine the people who made bracelet bets with hastings, what exactly did they think hastings was doing, taking over 100k in equity in bracelet bets... jerking off in the pool, obviously he was working on his game,
                                  The same guys who laugh, at the stories of legendary prop bets between poker players
                                  when some legend has rigged the game in their favour, have now gotten a taste to what it feels like on the other end, they are hiding behind the facade of MA while obviously wrong does not make up for the fact they did not do their due diligence before trying to make some easy money on a player who in their minds was not that good
                                  I don't think the two are as related as some people are making out. Hastings allegedly multi-accounting and Hastings making bracelet bets are separate issues. As someone mentioned in the twoplustwo thread, unless someone explicitly said "Have you been playing high stakes mixed games online? If so, then I am not taking the bet" then it's fair game. The people who have the right to feel most aggrieved are those that played against NoelHayes and did not know it was Hastings playing on the account. Those who made the bracelet bets have little to no case imo.
                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I fail to see the problem here. If I set up a poker account and pick Phil Babb as my user name - are people going to be that annoyed when they find out that they are not actually playing against Phil Babb?

Or did I miss something.?

EDIT: I see he is accused of multi accounting - correct? Is it just by chance that he's using the Noel Hayes username as one of his accounts?
                                    Last edited by newbie2; 25-06-15, 16:41.

Comment

No, if you look back at old HHs on boards you can see bcb used that SN back in the day.

Comment

I fail to see the problem here. If I set up a poker account and pick Phil Babb as my user name - are people going to be that annoyed when they find out that they are not actually playing against Phil Babb?

Or did I miss something.?

EDIT: I see he is accused of multi accounting - correct? Is it just by chance that he's using the Noel Hayes username as one of his accounts?
                                        Hastings plays on Stars as $tinger88 and on FT as LucLongley. He went missing for a while, and then the NoelHayes and BigNittyBanker accounts, went from playing all low stakes games, to playing all the high stakes cash games and the big buyin SCOOPs across Stars and FT.

Seemingly, Hastings told some of his high stakes friends that he was using the account himself, but he never told others. David 'Bakes' Baker being one that was left out of the loop, and he started all the uproar) with these 2 tweets

Bakes was pissed off that he wasn't privy to the information about who was behind the NoelHayes account, and he and others thought it was just some 'rich fish'. As with all poker scandals, they gather so much pace that threads pop up all over the place, and everyone has their say. Hastings (and our own BCB) kept getting called out to say something on 2+2, and Hastings finally came out with his BS reply above, and it's probably going to blow up again over the next day or so.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          No, if you look back at old HHs on boards you can see bcb used that SN back in the day.
                                          Ah,

Oh

Well in that case:

Any response from the man himself (BCB)?

Comment

Any response from the man himself (BCB)?
                                            Would not be a +EV life decision. It's about Hastings, best kept that way.

Comment

But why even buy an existing account? Why not just move to Mexico, get Pablo down the road to open an account and off you go?

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                                                But why even buy an existing account? Why not just move to Mexico, get Pablo down the road to open an account and off you go?
                                                Apparently poor poor Brian got depressed after living in Canada for four months and had to move back in with his folks....awww the poor craythur.

Maybe you can understand now why he had to VPN from the united states.

Comment

If you thought Hastings post in the thread was strange....

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    Would not be a +EV life decision. It's about Hastings, best kept that way.
                                                    Wouldn't say it's all about him, Noel has been involved in the gaming industry for a long time and knows actions like this are pretty shady, doubtful he needs the money so probably about the notoriety and lols for him.
                                                    Last edited by tylerdurden94; 25-06-15, 21:07.
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Pretty scummy thing for Noel to do regardless. Assumed it was one of the Irish poker people using the account.

A more interesting question is who is funding the account and how is money being redistributed to the players? I'm guessing at best that's a legal grey area and not something I'd want to mess around with.
                                                      Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                        Wouldn't say it's all about him, Noel has been involved in the gaming industry for a long time and knows actions like this are pretty shady, doubtful he needs the money so probably about the noteriry and lols for him.
                                                        My read on it was Noel probably found a good spot here. He found a way to get paid (lets say a price of a car) while either playing for Hastings (via team viewer) or having access to HH to improve his own game (while getting paid)! Ethically I'm not that close to poker to give a fuck so if there was considerable benefit then wp, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                          My read on it was Noel probably found a good spot here. He found a way to get paid (lets say a price of a car) while either playing for Hastings (via team viewer) or having access to HH to improve his own game (while getting paid)! Ethically I'm not that close to poker to give a fuck so if there was considerable benefit then wp, imo.
                                                          Not a fan of your logic at all.

Comment

Not a fan of your logic at all.
                                                            For Noel who has a 'does not give a fuck point of view' it's obvious he does not care otherwise he would have waded in here or on 2+2 or has an ulterior motive for the actions

Comment

For Noel who has a 'does not give a fuck point of view' it's obvious he does not care otherwise he would have waded in here or on 2+2 or has an ulterior motive for the actions
                                                              Now that I do agree with and that's why I feel it was for notoriety & lols more than anything.

Comment

Who the fuck is Geoff Oakley?
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Now that I do agree with and that's why I feel it was for notoriety & lols more than anything.
                                                                  Not sure why he'd change his avatar to that of one of the dodgy accounts...

Comment

Wouldn't say it's all about him, Noel has been involved in the gaming industry for a long time and knows actions like this are pretty shady, doubtful he needs the money so probably about the notoriety and lols for him.
                                                                    I meant the current online focus is all on Hastings, and I'm sure Noel wouldn't want to do anything to bring himself and his reputation into the theatre of argument. Not commenting at all is the way to do this.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Given one post called Noel a "lick arse" I presumed it was CHD.

Comment

I meant the current online focus is all on Hastings, and I'm sure Noel wouldn't want to do anything to bring himself and his reputation into the theatre of argument. Not commenting at all is the way to do this.

What?

Comment

I must admit I did half expect google to throw up a connection from the name to a former Chelsea player or some random beer swilling darts icon
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          You've lost me
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

You've lost me
                                                                            Theres a low count Irish poster with that sn on the 2+2 thread.

Comment

#98
                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                              Theres a low count Irish poster with that sn on the 2+2 thread.
                                                                              Ah. Like 40 pages long now not worth reading

Edit: had a look. Not Chad imo what woukd he know about Dublin poker circuit. Only plays cards in bray that lad.
                                                                              Last edited by eamonhonda; 25-06-15, 22:20.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

#99
                                                                                Yeah, I signed up to 2+2 as a random name to mouth about GAB then did it here on my own account. Genius stuff m8s.

I did sign up to 2+2 as gimmeabreak to tell people to fuck themselves and post pics of money on titties but there wasn't enough fish on thread to take me bait.

Comment

What?
                                                                                  I recalled wrongly, it wasn't "lick arse" it was "fan boy"

Anyone who isn't a retarded lick arse fan boy knows that he is a lick arse fan boy himself.
                                                                                  Originally posted by geoffoakley View Post
                                                                                  He has always been known as ,how do i put this, a slimy individual though and a huge fanboy of high stakes players so who knows
                                                                                  When I read that I thought it might be you. Reading the posts again I doubt it. Apologies if wrong, I probably shouldn't have said anything.

Comment

When I read that I thought it might be you. Reading the posts again I doubt it. Apologies if wrong, I probably shouldn't have said anything.
                                                                                    Meh, fire away. Only took it as thinking out loud. I'd use my own name to shit stir

Comment

Couple of posts reads like a game of WW
                                                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaAces
                                                                                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1706&v=8A-Jxo3lE5Y

watch 27:30-28:35.

i guarantee you joey knows a lot of things about a lot of things he'd rather us not know about.
                                                                                        ^2p2 quote.

That Joey lad is doing a live youtube stream answering questions on it now.

They could make a movie out of all of this. No-one would watch it. But they could definitely make one.
                                                                                        It's all an illusion

Comment

what are you on about?
                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                            If you thought Hastings post in the thread was strange....

that's incredible.

"This kind of PR is very bad for future regulation in the USA in the online poker industry"

very good of him to think of the bigger picture. Pity he didn't just think of that originally and you know, not multi-account.
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

heh
                                                                                                Brian Hastings (born June 24, 1988) of Hanover Township, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania is an American professional poker player known for his three World Series of Poker bracelets and multi-accounting. He is also famous for beating Isildur1 for over $4 million, in which he is suspected of datamining.

Comment

I don't think the two are as related as some people are making out. Hastings allegedly multi-accounting and Hastings making bracelet bets are separate issues. As someone mentioned in the twoplustwo thread, unless someone explicitly said "Have you been playing high stakes mixed games online? If so, then I am not taking the bet" then it's fair game. The people who have the right to feel most aggrieved are those that played against NoelHayes and did not know it was Hastings playing on the account. Those who made the bracelet bets have little to no case imo.
                                                                                                  Jam fly you're def off here. Hastings withheld info to gain an edge, sneakily. The should of course pay the bet in some part but not in full. The money he used t cheat people is money he's using to take more money from the poker community. Sure you can see the wrong in this. Altough I do see where you're coming from. What he done should in no way be rationalised in any way man.

Comment

GIngers really do have no soul

Well done Noel Hayes you just single handedly made the Irish poker community look bad. You're a special kind of stupid (desperate) if you thought people wouldn't cop that is wasn't you "a fucking whale" and not a high stakes elite player on the account. No money was worth selling you're account for, and the fact you didn't consider that it woild drag the rest of us through the mud when you got caught is insulting!!! Shun him it's the only way we don't all come across in a very bad light!!!!

Comment

Why is everyone going so gaga?! Its fucking online poker.... someone tried to get an advantage by playing under an alias and someone MIGHT have gotten paid for it? So what? Leave your morals at the door when joining in to a game IMO.

By the way if anyone wants to pay even a tenner for my account please let me know.

Comment

Why would someone with a high profile job in the gambling industry risk his reputation by selling his easily traceable accounts? Seems like professional suicide, what am I missing?

Comment

I for one am outraged.

Oh, hold on, no...im not, i couldn't really give a fuck.

Ill sell mine for a fiver, and thats with around 3bucks of a balance.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

My account is for sale too, also a partypoker one. Both slight losing accounts tha haven't been used in years,added bonus of neither account being a real persons name

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                              Why would someone with a high profile job in the gambling industry risk his reputation by selling his easily traceable accounts? Seems like professional suicide, what am I missing?
                                                                                                              You are talking about the gambling industry here, scumbaggery is standard operating procedure surely

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                                Why is everyone going so gaga?! Its fucking online poker.... someone tried to get an advantage by playing under an alias and someone MIGHT have gotten paid for it? So what? Leave your morals at the door when joining in to a game IMO.

By the way if anyone wants to pay even a tenner for my account please let me know.
                                                                                                                Marking decks, ratholing bringing extra chips to a tournament, all cool too?

Comment

And sure if you lose just rob the winner on their way out the door. Or chargeback deposits, it's gambling, all good.

Comment

Only noticed this thread now . It seems ironic that greedy fuckers coming to suck a supposed fish dry are complaining about morals . Fk the leeches I say . I have no sympathy .

IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      Marking decks, ratholing bringing extra chips to a tournament, all cool too?
                                                                                                                      No Sympathy if you get caught for this. Don't play in a game where it is possible to happen?

A good casino can make sure they don't happen. Ratholing is hard to stop but a player aware of whats going on in the game should notice it?

I don't agree that any of the three are OK but people need to look after themselves and stay away if they think they might get cheated.

How "moral" is it to bumhunt and only give action to bad players?

Comment

Wtf are you talking about? Cheating is ok because people have cheated before, eh?
                                                                                                                        Pretty scummy by all involved. Never liked Hastings, would not have expected Noel to be desperate enough to sink to these depths. He's minted now, so why do this?

Comment

No Sympathy if you get caught for this. Don't play in a game where it is possible to happen?

A good casino can make sure they don't happen. Ratholing is hard to stop but a player aware of whats going on in the game should notice it?

I don't agree that any of the three are OK but people need to look after themselves and stay away if they think they might get cheated.

How "moral" is it to bumhunt and only give action to bad players?
                                                                                                                          Have you ever played poker before? Do you believe in playing any game fairly? Or do you believe that since some people will cheat, then everyone should cheat?

Bumhunting may be looked upon unfavourably, but how you can draw a comparison there is mindboggling. You are not forced to play anyone who you don't have an edge against. You can choose to only play weak players, that's fine. But choosing to buy someone else's account to fool players into playing you, well that's pretty low. Maybe you are blinkered because you know one of the people involved. Still doesn't excuse the shocking lack of logic in your posts though. Unreal.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X