X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

That controversy had a few good laughs first 2 episodes but it's a bit shite overall. Not as shite as I thought it would be but shite all the same.

Very hard get a good comedy these days. Must try that new Peter Kay one
      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        The decision to watch Season 5 of Community was a highly rewarding one. Anyone who lost hope in season four might take note.
        Your time would have been better spent working on Pointless Sheep seeing as 9 days have passed without an update. You don't want to earn yourself a bad tag

Comment

Ah guys... have we not learned that if you imagine it, it comes true
          SPOILER

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

Comment

this is how I felt when a recent upc ppv bill came in

Comment

If you want to know anything on Joni Mitchell am happy to oblige...
                  What is his fav T m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    What is his fav T m8
                    Arnold Palmer I reckon.
                    airport, lol

Comment

What is his fav T m8
                      Her m8, her. I loved her performance with the band on the last waltz, the entire show was utterly epic but joni seemed to love her time on stage with them

Also side bar: just matched a girl on tinder that I am 90% sure I banged last year at some point and she didn't reply after(I left it like 3 weeks to text tbf). Hot girl, doctor too so probs smart but she is a very good drinker is what I remember really. She was on pint 7 when I was getting my 11th and then it got fuzzy.
                      She's messaging me asking to go for drinks and not entirely sure if she recognises me from the pics. Kinda tempted to say yes, get drunk, have the bants, bang her and take 6 weeks to text her this time. Pro's = sex and a 6 week troll, con's = ???... I think systems are go
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                        this is how I felt when a recent upc ppv bill came in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Na363glDoY
                        Chee eck Chee eck Chee eck He trap me!

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This clip is from Martin Scorcese's "The Last Waltz" (1978), considered by many to be one of the best films of live rock music created. The combination of ac...
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                            Her m8, her. I loved her performance with the band on the last waltz, the entire show was utterly epic but joni seemed to love her time on stage with them

Also side bar: just matched a girl on tinder that I am 90% sure I banged last year at some point and she didn't reply after(I left it like 3 weeks to text tbf). Hot girl, doctor too so probs smart but she is a very good drinker is what I remember really. She was on pint 7 when I was getting my 11th and then it got fuzzy.
                            She's messaging me asking to go for drinks and not entirely sure if she recognises me from the pics. Kinda tempted to say yes, get drunk, have the bants, bang her and take 6 weeks to text her this time. Pro's = sex and a 6 week troll, con's = ???... I think systems are go
                            You should write fantasy m8.

Mwah x

Comment

Your frat bros would high five the shit out of you for this post
                              airport, lol

Comment

sup
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

To be fair when I did reply to her I did ask her to meet again and she never even replied. Fancy 2 bedroom apartment all to herself on golden lane, she was a bit too fancy to date for a pleb like me.
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

You should write fantasy m8.

Mwah x
                                    Don't be jealous m8.
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      I'll almost certainly never marry a man.
                                      wp AJ, wp

But you have two choices 35 or 21. The only reason anyone would pick 35 is because its already written there, which is a stupid reason. How does it possibly make sense that you can actually run the country technically at 21, but can't hold a figurehead position at that age? Its more the inconsistency that gets me.

Plus what does a 35 year old have that a 34 year old doesn't?

Clearly both TD and pres ages should be set at voting age though. So the 21 thing is a nonsense anyway. But 21 makes more sense than 35.
                                      The president receives a half salary pension for life.
                                      MDH is currently on $340k, so that's $170k there after. A younger president costs the state more money over his lifetime. A 21 year old will never get elected as president. So nobody is going to be getting a 60+ year pension. However, removing the age restriction, would probably see the age of candidates reduce over time. Which it turn costs the state more money.
                                      For example, the last election came down to Higgins, the oldest candidate, and Sean Gallagher, the youngest. Had Gallagher been elected, his pension would have cost, presumably an extra €3m-4m.

I’m not arguing for or against the current referendum. I haven’t given it much thought, I can’t vote. But it’s plain to see it’s not just about the suitability of a 21 year old verses a 35 year old.

Comment

Don't be jealous m8.
                                        Mwah'd for a reason m8

Hull lose, your defeatist attitude worked!

Comment

Hull are either going to be my most profitable or most lossful/negative(probs is a word for this) team of the year. 290 on jela first scorer, prob spunked 50 on bruce to get sacked 1st&any time and also had them at 4/1 to get relegated and the 50 with you.
                                          No idea where the hatred for Hull came from but it has made it fantastic fun to watch.

As for the beour's, they are all desperate and I am always drunk. No idea what I ever say to them but I seem to have fun. Must get a new phone to take some pics for the bbv though.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Oh Fabregas is magic
                                            He wears a magic hat
                                            He could of signed for Arsenal
                                            But he said no fuck that
                                            He passes with his left foot
                                            He passes with his right
                                            And when we win the league again
                                            We'll sing this song all night

Subscribe for more CFC: http://bit.ly/CFCsubscribeSing-a-long with the Chelsea Fans and their "Fabregas is Magic" song with the Chelsea Fans Channel Sing-A-L...

Comment

Mwah'd for a reason m8

Hull lose, your defeatist attitude worked!
                                              any beours urself there days m8?
                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

any beours urself there days m8?
                                                Lots but I keep waking up and thinking that's a Dog, what did I do.

That's why I keep asking for Dog pics on here. Comparisons m8.

Turns out I keep waking up beside ugly female humans with no class. Cause Dogs are class.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                  wp AJ, wp

The president receives a half salary pension for life.
                                                  MDH is currently on $340k, so that's $170k there after. A younger president costs the state more money over his lifetime. A 21 year old will never get elected as president. So nobody is going to be getting a 60+ year pension. However, removing the age restriction, would probably see the age of candidates reduce over time. Which it turn costs the state more money.
                                                  For example, the last election came down to Higgins, the oldest candidate, and Sean Gallagher, the youngest. Had Gallagher been elected, his pension would have cost, presumably an extra €3m-4m.

I’m not arguing for or against the current referendum. I haven’t given it much thought, I can’t vote. But it’s plain to see it’s not just about the suitability of a 21 year old verses a 35 year old.
                                                  Set a min age of 90 so, quids in.
                                                  Or maybe don't pay lifetime pensions for a 7 year job.

Truely missing the point if you think it should come down to pensions.

Comment

Lots but I keep waking up and thinking that's a Dog, what did I do.

That's why I keep asking for Dog pics on here. Comparisons m8.

Turns out I keep waking up beside ugly female humans with no class. Cause Dogs are class.
                                                    Pics m8. YKTR.
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post

Maybe have an execution once their term is done?
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Pics m8. YKTR.
                                                        Not in the habit of taking pics m8. It's a bit weird.

You any pics?

Comment

That would probably require changes to some other legislation. No referendum though.
                                                          I'm playing devil's advocate tbh.
                                                          Regardless of the age stated in the constitution, I can't see anybody under 40 getting elected.

Comment

I agree, but they aren't excluded.

Pics. pics of everything.
                                                            Chromebook ordered.

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                              Me too. Schnauzers are Hypo Allgernic though so I can have those.
                                                              That's interesting now, didn't know that. Any idea why/how that is the case? I can handle being in the same vicinity as dogs, it's when I'm in a house where the dog is let in-doors and there's hair everywhere where I suffer really badly from the allergies.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                              I got a summons back in November for no tax to appear in February.

Got a letter from the Gardai in January saying that date was postponed as the prosecuting Guard had to be at another case and not to turn up. Letter said I would receive notice of the new date.

I never heard anything more until today I got a fine of €250. The court heard the case on April 24th. I have only until Thursday to appeal it, which I will do.

I'm assuming it's a legal necessity for the court service to inform you of a court date?
                                                              fuck these soft cunts Lazare. Appeal it and state you were never told the court date. I know people that have done this when the court date letter wasn't sent via registered post and have had it struck out. Being respectable and well mannered is very important in the court. It's amazing how often you can actually get away with fighting the system in these situations because (as evidenced by this thread) so many people don't bother and just pay the fine.
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

woke up at 3pm Monday, had an exam 12.30pm today (Tuesday) and didn't sleep in between. Fell asleep at some stage during the CL match and planned to wake around 6am Wednesday thus resetting the sleep cycle so that I wouldn't be around for night crew for the week. Woke up at 1am (so like circa 5 hrs sleep) and can't get back to sleep, what's going on?
                                                                Last edited by Jam-Fly; 06-05-15, 07:21.
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

So you systematicly put in place a sleep system to avoid the nightcrew. It fails and you come here at 3am seeking sympathy and/or advice?!

You can hang your balls on it.

Comment

As of 3.49am 6/5/2015 The NightCrew© has come to terms on the release of Junior NightCrew© member JAM-FLY.

We wish JAM-FLY the best in all future endeavours.

Comment

So you systematicly put in place a sleep system to avoid the nightcrew. It fails and you come here at 3am seeking sympathy and/or advice?!

You can hang your balls on it.
                                                                      it's not like that at all m8, the post came across badly. The sleep cycle was a separate issue, possibly missing out on night crew for a few nights was just an unwanted by product. I thought I better mention it in my post to give a heads-up.
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Riggs, start asking about dreams so we can analyse them for the bants.
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Francis finally got a chance to see the star wars episode VII: the force awakens trailer, and even filmed his reaction for you in this react video.While he's...
                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 06-05-15, 06:44.

Comment

Have immediate outgoings of €1,400 rent, €1,100 creche, €200 utility bills on first day of every month, leaving just about one weekend of fun. Cannot wait to decimate that creche bill.
                                                                            What way does this work in France? Some kind of state-sponsored creches?

Also interested in the tax situation. Friend is paying 55% of gross in taxes in Belgium.
                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Also interested in the tax situation. Friend is paying 55% of gross in taxes in Belgium.
                                                                              Plus water charges and property taxes I'm sure...
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Dire wolf pup for Chad - Last try, imgur noob.

SPOILER
                                                                                Last edited by Jibzzzz; 06-05-15, 08:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                  It's extremely difficult to kill someone with no car tax though.
                                                                                  This post needs more love.

@Silver Tiger, you might be needing this:

St James's Hospital is Ireland's largest acute academic teaching hospital.
                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

State sponsored and means tested.

Comment

...
                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 06-05-15, 09:41.

Comment

I have started dabbling in Podcasts of late. I have listened to Serial, 50% of We're Alive and have started on Freakanomics.

Can the BBV recommend and more? I would listen to any subject with the exception of Politics.
                                                                                          Last edited by Megatron; 06-05-15, 09:54.

Comment

PRSI equivalent in France is something ferocious, up on 22% IIRC. At least you get something for it I guess.

Comment

As an aside, why do most countries provide tax breaks for having kids? Should be the other way around imo.

Comment

I have started dabbling in Podcasts of late. I have listened to Serial, 50% of We're Alive and have started on Freakanomics.

Can the BBV recommend and more? I would listen to any subject with the exception of Politics.
                                                                                                I like Tim Ferris if you're looking for a wide variety of topics.
                                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Creche is about €300 a month, but is difficult to get into. Its grand in Rennes though. School starts at 3 and is free, 8:30am-6pm (extracurricular activities making up the extra hours), and summer activities, so thats huge ongoing savings. Also meals are provided.

My understanding of tax is:

about 30% deducted for social welfare, health (including private), pension (including private) - and this is off every penny earned.

Then as there will be two kids, that puts you into a certain income tax bracket:

0% income tax on first €18,000
                                                                                                    5.5% on next €18,000
                                                                                                    14% on next €44,000
                                                                                                    30% on next €140,000

So the 60% marginal rate doesn't kick in until around €80,000, whereas in the public sector in Ireland with the pension levy, a 62% marginal rate, before the VHI deduction, kicks in around €45,000. But you have 30% deducted off everything in France, unlike here where you are allowed to earn a decent bit before any deductions.

Its essentially much of a muchness then on tax. My net income after tax, pension, healthcare in Ireland is 56% of gross pay, and it'll be about the same in France. A bit more tax there maybe but only by a few percent max. The saving on creche and school makes it a much better deal though.
                                                                                                    Are those bands individualized Hitch?

I really don't count the pension levy as a tax in Ireland. It's just a paycut in your job. You should really just compare salary net of pension levy versus salary in France IMO. Then adjust for actual taxes. I mean if you earn marginal money shilling for ptsb in Ireland you won't be paying a pension levy on it!

Now the real question is which is the better pension promise? A pension offered by the 5th republic or one offered by the beggorah republic.

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah those bands depend on family size. A single person is one unit, and will be a third of those rates, so e.g. €6,000 for first tax bracket. Two person household = 2 units = €12,000. Each dependent kid adds 0.5 of a band.

Essentially its a tax system that looks good if you are specifically coming from the Irish public sector with a few kids, but if you are single working in private sector its definitely more tax. You do get more for your tax though, so there is that.

That pension way of thinking sounds complicated!

Oh there's other taxes too - property tax is quite high.

There are some class savings schemes though which seem designed to ensure that only actual idiots pay any of the higher rates of tax. That seems to be the big missing Irish thing, apart from childcare; a tax incentivised saving scheme that isn't your pension.
                                                                                                        That's interesting. Yeah the attraction is very situation dependent.

The ISAs in the UK are such a great savings idea as well. In Ireland we have film schemes or the BES replacement scheme. But they are too complex and out of reach for the ordinary punter IMO.

Comment

Far too many poker threads on this poker forum recently. Need to sort it out imo.

Comment

In Nice Airport, waiting on our flight, don't worry, I'll be bringing the Sun back with me. 22 degrees here atm and not a cloud in the sky.
                                                                                                            Back to reality at 5.30 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                              Now the real question is which is the better pension promise? A pension offered by the 5th republic or one offered by the beggorah republic.
                                                                                                              You sound like you are implying that you think a French one would be more solid than ours.

I mean I know our system is as flaky as feck but surely our timebomb is a only a fraction as unsustainable as the French one
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

If you're into American sports mainly basketball nfl etc then Grantland. They do stuff on different sports, tv shows etc too. Bill Simmons, Zach Lowe among others. They get some great guests, really liked the ones with Haralabos Voulgaris sports bettor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    You sound like you are implying that you think a French one would be more solid than ours.

I mean I know our system is as flaky as feck but surely our timebomb is a only a fraction as unsustainable as the French one
                                                                                                                    Let them eat flakes

Comment

...

Comment

Guessing I'm missing something pretty obvious but that character looks nothing like the one on the bus timetable board
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X