** Dealing river ** [ 3s ]

WALLACE bets [$210]
    VILLAIN raises [$420]

10 seconds later
    WALLACE calls [$210]

VILLAIN shows [ Jd, Ad ]
    WALLACE shows [ 6c, 6s ]
    WALLACE collected [ $1,120 ]

I was basically set mining here, and obviously hadn't a clue of his holding. I didn't consider the flush at all with the board paired - call me tight but I never re-raise with a flush on a paired board (Is that bad?)
    I was obviously concerned about pocket Kings as he played his hand pretty standard if he flopped a boat.

Am i a super nit and leaving money on the table in this situation given that I'm only beaten by 2 realistic holdings considering his UTG bet?

Any advice appreciated.
    Last edited by Wallace; 24-11-15, 16:31.

Out of curiosity what game was it (i.e buyin/site/turbo?)

I mean if its a $2 game on Stars for example i might click back the NF in his shoes to try get value as a lot wouldn't exactly play optimally at that level & nearly all Kx/9x worse flushes will call.

With the sixes full I would 100% be trying to extract more river value here. When he makes it 420 there is 890 in the middle and you have 1100 behind so i probably get it in as re-raising again from your stack it looks super strong.

I do understand your nit thinking, especially as he is UTG and his flop check behind as well as his flat call on the turn & river re-raise. He has played it strangely.

Comment

Sorry. I should have said. It's a $1 SNG on 888 with 8 minute levels.
      So anything can happen

Comment

You were being a super nit. Your main concern on that board should have been figuring out how to get as many chips as possible in the middle as you are ahead a huge % of the time here as there are very few hands that beat you., as I'm sure you're well aware. He could have had KK, but if he did, he did. All you can do is try and extract value from a strong hand where you are normally in great shape.

Comment

Working...
        X