Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
    Where are you getting tickets? I got them at semi final stage last year and then lost the money on them but when I looked this year there was non available at QF stage even.
    Leinster employee.

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    Eoghan there will be plenty of Munster fans going and they’ll have a few spares. Super standard for a Euro final. With Racing in the final I guarantee there will be free tickets being given away outside the ground to Irish fans.
    Agree with this, tickets won't be an issue.

Comment

Bob Mortimer of of Vic & Bob fame is from Middlesbrough, he does a podcast with a lad from Sunderland

Bob writes songs for the Sunderland tourist board in his spare time

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

This is an animation for Athletico Mince

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
        Couldn't be more jealous of your organizational skillz.

Been trying to plan route all morning, looking at various different locations to fly into, not ideal. Not to mention accom.

Only thing looking good is the ticket.

In another note, could be in Bilbao twice in 2 months (BBK Festival), random considering it never crossed my mind.
        Front runner is currently a €128 flight to Lourdes Friday and home Monday. Car rental is <€200 which will be split 3/4 ways and it's a 3.5 hour drive.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
          Cheers man, ah yeah I snapped out of it the last two months but have just dived into poker. Escapism ftw. Was genuinely in bed 18 hour plus a day for around 2 months though, bed sores the works.

Like, genuinely if they had been black queens, honestly wouldnt feel as convinced it was a sign. Im legit bonkers so feel its v hard to ignore.

I mean, I guess there is a something a bit boorish and out of line about not wanting to give up, but then every bird you meet has the Notebook as their fav. film. I mean Im not being invasive or have made any effort to contact in months, more so in just keeping the hope their in my heart.

Think its a tough place to come back from, having fucked something up and knowing it was your fault. Remorse I guess, or is their a stronger word.

I wouldnt worry about perma denial, same state as a good 50% of the population!
          Couldn't do the days in bed myself. I'd wear the carpet out pacing about like a lunatic. 100k+ steps last week plodding about talking to myself.
          It's tough alright, torn between self blame and fighting to claw it back.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Meant to mention a cool city half-marathon that they had in Rennes yesterday. Just thought the idea was worthy of sharing and percolating through the running community in case it takes on further wings.

Essentially it was weird melange of visiting notable places and running. E.g. you run in one door to the mayors office - run through the building - then out another door. Continue on your run and you come to the opera house - in one door, run through the opera hall where they had put on a concert, and out the other entrance. All the way through everything notable in the city. Was a proper half-marathon and you could see everyone was running it as one but with this bonus of running through really odd places. Kudos to whoever came up with the idea.
              They do that one in Darndale. Only diff you have to carry a TV or or some artwork .

Comment

Just saw a clip of a woman on stage in Dublin in front of packed crowd all shouting along "hoes need abortions" over and over again.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                  Just saw a clip of a woman on stage in Dublin in front of packed crowd all shouting along "hoes need abortions" over and over again.
                  SPOILER
                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Honestly terrifying.

Comment

Forgive me BBV for I have sinned, it's been two years since my last post. I wish I didn't have to post this:

Comment

Comment

Can't get over that. So sad.
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

fucking heartbreaking , I just checked my phone still have his number and just tears streaming down my face. I am fucking moaning about stupid shit here all day. makes you think . little to worry about havent we
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              Can't get over that. So sad.
                              Didn't he win the first ipb tourney? Great craic at the table and after

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                Didn't he win the first ipb tourney? Great craic at the table and after
                                Think it was the second one I did in the Jackpot , thats where I got my pic from. Himself and Danny Max carried me up the street after , couldnt get into Coppers I was that pissed .
                                so the two of them then telling me straighten up to get me into whelans I think it was .

Think I fell asleep on his lap after lol ah memories , so sad
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

He was a class player to boot. What a fucking awful shock.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    That renowned investigative reporter Baz Ashmawy will be looking into gambling in Ireland on RTE1 tonight at 9.30.
                                    Sitting here with herself discussing if we'll book the Vegas trip this month or wait until next month reminded me to record this show thinking of the couple of grand I plan on blowing over there

Comment

This Baz lad is stealing a living. Terrible.

Comment

https://youtu.be/un23nZRXVHg

Honestly terrifying.
                                        Fucking lol if that terrifies you.
                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                          Fucking lol if that terrifies you.
                                          Hi Zod

Comment

Honestly terrifying.
                                            If that is who I think it is, she has no interest in anything but self promotion

Comment

Sluglife on the stream playing the $25k Highroller with a couple of beasts.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                Sluglife on the stream playing the $25k Highroller with a couple of beasts.

https://www.twitch.tv/partypokertv
                                                Who are the beashts?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                  Who are the beashts?
                                                  Niall Farrelly, Tonka, Anthony Zinno, and even Chance Kornuth has 5m+ in live cashes.

Comment

Who are the beashts?
                                                    Ludo in commentary is one of the best guys you will ever listen to, too.

Comment

Ludo in commentary is one of the best guys you will ever listen to, too.
                                                      Is Tonka the heavy chap? That Chance fella looks like he's off his balls.

Comment

Is Tonka the heavy chap? That Chance fella looks like he's off his balls.
                                                        Yeah, Parker Talbot. More of an online beast than a live pro. Chance is a funky player imo. He does look wasted! Marc would have a decent amount of playing time with Niall so they'd know each others games quite well from live/online.

Comment

Thanks Dice for texting and letting me know about Dave, I never called him Dave, just called him Inter after his SN Interpunt. Aint been about in a while and not playing the poker but that news really hit. Must be because he was about in an intense fun section of my life. Got all old and sensible these days and feeling older now.

Comment

Just on the repeal thing. Saw someone make this quote. Think it is pretty accurate.

"we moved on from dropping our pregnant ladies at the laundry, we need to move on from dropping them at the terminal gate"

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                              Think it was the second one I did in the Jackpot , thats where I got my pic from. Himself and Danny Max carried me up the street after , couldnt get into Coppers I was that pissed .
                                                              so the two of them then telling me straighten up to get me into whelans I think it was .

Think I fell asleep on his lap after lol ah memories , so sad
                                                              Yeah sounds about spot on. Here's a video from it

IrishPokerBoards.com live outing in the Jackpot Card Club, Phil Baker on the mic doing what he does best, SatNav gonna SatNav.Cracking day had by all. Apolog...
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                Yeah sounds about spot on. Here's a video from it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RneS9jwx7E
                                                                mickste in a suit and hatedajacks with hair

Good Times.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Keep getting a weird redirect from the 72over thread to this one?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    mickste in a suit and hatedajacks with hair

Good Times.
                                                                    Zuutroy is starting to sweat because this has surfaced again!

Comment

Keep getting a weird redirect from the 72over thread to this one?
                                                                      Me too. Could only get in by going to my lady posts. And can't see DPs post there.
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Fucking Nike bastards being smart and putting out good messages

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Fuck Facebook
                                                                        Fuck Apple
                                                                        Fuck Coke
                                                                        Fuck Kraft foods
                                                                        Fuck Google
                                                                        Fuck Pepsi
                                                                        Fuck Addidas
                                                                        Fuck....fucking Nike... putting out good messages in their adds

Comment

Zuutroy is starting to sweat because this has surfaced again!
                                                                          Read my mind. I stand by my performance, so long as its only you cunce that ever see it.

Comment

Me too. Could only get in by going to my lady posts. And can't see DPs post there.
                                                                            Yeah sorry guys. Site kinda shat the bed when I posted should be sorted now.
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

That was a great day. I'm fairly sure I was drinking wine straight from the bottle for a good while which ended up in me being upside down drunk. I also binked the Fitz ticket that night!

It's about time you organise another one Sat Nav
                                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                Find a venue near a 24hr creche and we'll be grand!!!

Comment

That was a great day. I'm fairly sure I was drinking wine straight from the bottle for a good while which ended up in me being upside down drunk. I also binked the Fitz ticket that night!

That was such a good day/night. Very fond memories!! I'd definitely think about making the trip over for another one!

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                    Organize a sit n go in a play zone
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      Organize a sit n go in a play zone
                                                                                      Sure that's what the other half is for. Just tell her you are going to drink with your internet friends. They'll understand

Comment

Tickets for Punchestown in my arse pockets and 8 deep in shite that just has to be done.
                                                                                        Feels wrong to be so pissed off about it in the current climate, then again the shortness of life and the quality of the card at punchestown are calling me.
                                                                                        Sigh
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Tickets for Punchestown in my arse pockets and 8 deep in shite that just has to be done.
                                                                                          Feels wrong to be so pissed off about it in the current climate, then again the shortness of life and the quality of the card at punchestown are calling me.
                                                                                          Sigh
                                                                                          just go ffs

fuck The Man
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I was seriously thinking in work today. About maybe organising something in memory of caff, I think it would be great. It's a lot of work though and I'm now working which makes it tougher to plan. I can't see it being as good as that one either.

But it would be great to do something I think.

If a few heads could get together and plan right, we could do it. Maybe in jps?
                                                                                            Last edited by SatNav; 24-04-18, 13:42.
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I was seriously thinking in work today. About maybe organising something in memory off caff, I think it would be great. It's a lot of work though and I'm now working which makes it tougher to plan. I can't see it being as good as that one either.

But it would be great to do something I think.

If a few heads could get together and plan right, we could do it. Maybe in jps?
                                                                                              JPs is a bit far out is it. Like I'm guessing it'll be an early start and we'll mostly all end up in Whelan's.

I would contribute to planning but I do work 4 shifts so I work a good few weekends

Comment

JPs is a bit far out is it. Like I'm guessing it'll be an early start and we'll mostly all end up in Whelan's.

I would contribute to planning but I do work 4 shifts so I work a good few weekends
                                                                                                Dunno if the jackpot still operates? Would be great to get Paul and JP on board.

It deffo wont happen overnight. You could be looking at a couple of months. People have hols planned. The hardest part the last time was us all agreeing on a date.
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Dunno if the jackpot still operates? Would be great to get Paul and JP on board.

It deffo wont happen overnight. You could be looking at a couple of months. People have hols planned. The hardest part the last time was us all agreeing on a date.
                                                                                                  Build it and they will come

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                    Build it and they will come
                                                                                                    I'll write down a few ideas here at work I'm doing fuck all anyway if anyone wants to give an input shur let me know or any ideas. Either here or pm.
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

How many tables are upstairs in the Colossus? I have only made it downstairs when blotto

Comment

How many tables are upstairs in the Colossus? I have only made it downstairs when blotto
                                                                                                        unless it's changed since i left, there used to be 3 or 4 upstairs

Comment

Good pub in thurles to watch the racing? Ideally close to pp. Any pub for music there? This sat.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            Good pub in thurles to watch the racing? Ideally close to pp. Any pub for music there? This sat.

Cheers
                                                                                                            County bar on the square I'd imagine and bookies all around you.

Or coppengers owed by lar Corbett.
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Roma Madrid double .

Comment

This was Jbravado's dirty exit HU. He didn't even mention the 3 outer to send him to rail.

Your latest PokerStars Blog, online Tournament Poker Series, Live Events from PSPC to EPT. Including Team Pro strategy advice and interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                  Read my mind. I stand by my performance, so long as its only you cunce that ever see it.
                                                                                                                  IrishPokerBoards.com live outing in the Jackpot Card Club, "Mr X" rocking out like a boss he sang many a song...Cracking day had by all. Apologies about the ...

Comment

Ah the lovely window where one has some control over their body but none over their mind.

Comment

More nostalgia.

IrishPokerBoards.com live outing in the Jackpot Card Club, all the folks form IPB raising money in the raffle to help out the IPB Blogging Fund. €1,000 raise...

Comment

When I saw Mr X, i was thinking of another poker player, is he still about?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                          Ah the lovely window where one has some control over their body but none over their mind.
                                                                                                                          In fairness, that was just an unbelievably fun day and that karaoke was one of the best moments of it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X