Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
    is it possible they can get spurs next round? (open draw again?? )

If so i hope spurs tonk milan to set this one up
    Yeah open draw.

Don't hex Milan like that. Italian football has taken enough of a battering over the past few weeks, I think a Spurs annihilation of Milan tomorrow night would be too much to take
    Profit before people.

Comment

the over goals at 2.1 seems good here
      Are tottenham capable of defending the lead? Dont read too much into the first leg as milan were trying to maintain a clean sheet. their style of play tonight should be drastically different. Also jugding by his performance when he came off the bench last week i expect to see pato start which would open them up a lot.
      Anyone an idea of the two line ups?

My one fear is the spurs man u game that "theDini" and myself fancied goals. Harry went out and completely changed his style and parked the bus. If he does that again then this bet could be miles off

although odds against 11/10 looks pretty appealing
      GAA News Website

Comment

Milans starting line up depends on Boatengs fitness. If he's fit (big if) i'd expect him to start behind Robinho and Ibra with Pato on the bench. If not Robinho will start behind Pato and Ibra. Here's how I'd like to see it

Abbiati

Abate. Yepes. Nesta. Jankulovski

Silva
        Flamini. Seedorf

Boateng

Robi. Ibra.

This formation will potentially bring more goals then if Pato starts. There transitions from midfield to forward are poor without Seedorf or Boateng in the hole.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Rangers draw tonight a decent bet they'll pack midfield and play for a nil nil (which is also tempting)

Draw 3.75
          0-0 9.0

Braga also look decent at 3.0 v Liverpool

Comment

Out to get the Dutch beaten tonight in the Europa league. Taking Zenit draw not bet at 11/10. Was going to leave Spartak alone but they've drifted out to 5.8 so had to take a piece of that.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by macca206 View Post
              Rangers draw tonight a decent bet they'll pack midfield and play for a nil nil (which is also tempting)

Draw 3.75
              0-0 9.0

Braga also look decent at 3.0 v Liverpool
              Macca the prophet, wp mate.

Delighted with the Villarreal result for my outright bets. That should see them through.
              Profit before people.

Comment

yeh loving it for zenith

good shout macca

forgot how boring rangers can be
                GAA News Website

Comment

Ugh Zenit
                  Yay Spartak
                  LOL City.

Some real shocks tonight.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Macca the prophet, wp mate.

Delighted with the Villarreal result for my outright bets. That should see them through.
                    unfortunately for me I thought they were 8pm kick offs and missed the double (was just going to do rangers draw braga win)

Comment

Schalke are 75-1 to win the Champions league. Could be worth a few quid. Inter are no great shakes and even though Shalke are doing shit in the league they beat a good Valencia side. If they beat Inter, there odds will shorten big time.

Comment

Arsenal 5/6 away to West Brom, Villa 10/11 home to Wolves and Spurs 4/7 home to West Ham. Any reason not to go broke on a variety of bets involving these?
                        Last edited by Flushdraw; 19-03-11, 11:46.

Comment

Spurs v West Ham would be an iffy one for me, the Hammers fighting for their lives seemed to have turned a corner a bit plus it a London Derby. Prefer both teams to score in that one.

Comment

We are absolute certainties today. Will destroy them.

I'm backing -1 and others.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                              We are absolute certainties today. Will destroy them.

I'm backing -1 and others.
                              I was thinking you are certs aswel, and that's a huge price

What do you like from these

Spurs -1 @ 11/8
                              Spurs HT/FT @ 5/4
                              Spurs to win both halves @ 5/2
                              Spurs by 2 goals @ 10/3
                              Spurs by 3 goals @ 13/2

Comment

Like the look of Bolton draw no bet @ 6/1 against Utd

if he starts (just back from injury)
                                Lee Chung Yong 25/1 first goal looks a decent price
                                tended to be the one breaking past the front men for Bolton
                                how that will have changed with Sturridge in the side>???

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  Arsenal 5/6 away to West Brom, Villa 10/11 home to Wolves and Spurs 4/7 home to West Ham. Any reason not to go broke on a variety of bets involving these?
                                  LOL i'm glad i didn't put my hand in my pocket

Comment

Ugh I did, need an Everton win

Comment

Chelsea @ 8/11 thoughts?

Comment

What do yiz think of laying Serbia at home to Norn Iron @ 1.57? Serbia missing a host of players, lost here in October to Estonia 3-1, and the game will be played in front of 200 visiting fans. It's going to be a very strange for the hosts as they are use to a partizan atmosphere and the likes...........

Comment

Germany -3 with Powers.

Comment

Bet365 have taken a bit of a crazy line on Cavani in the goalscorers markets for the Ireland v Uruguay match tomorrow. 10/3 anytime and 9/1 first goalscorer. The man has 29 goals in 40 games and 4 international goals in three games, arguably the best number 9 in Europe this season. He missed their weekend friendly due to the birth of his son so should play the full 90 tomorrow imo. Ireland are without Given, Dunne, JOS, Duff, Keane, Doyle so it fair to assume Uruguay will have a few chances. Valoooo!
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

cant get on with them - but agree big time!
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Got on that for the IPB gambol syndicate - serious value alright imo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  Bet365 have taken a bit of a crazy line on Cavani in the goalscorers markets for the Ireland v Uruguay match tomorrow. 10/3 anytime and 9/1 first goalscorer. The man has 29 goals in 40 games and 4 international goals in three games, arguably the best number 9 in Europe this season. He missed their weekend friendly due to the birth of his son so should play the full 90 tomorrow imo. Ireland are without Given, Dunne, JOS, Duff, Keane, Doyle so it fair to assume Uruguay will have a few chances. Valoooo!
                                                  Got on this with Cavani to score anything and Uruguay to to win.

Cheers

Comment

Couple of weekend bets I'm on early. Atletico Madrid are a pretty big lay at anything less than 3.0 imo. They're away to Osasuna who are a formidable force on their home patch, only 1 loss over the past 12 months to Barca who are obv a class apart in the league. Lots of in fighting in the Atletico squad, Aguero and Forlan have both recently publically announced they want away and are open to offers in the summer. Pretty poor form of late and it seems they're just fizzling out to an underachieving mid table obscurity *again*.

Also on Udinese 5/6 hills away to lecce. Have won 5 away games on the bounce, lecce are really struggling in comparison. With teams dropping point all around them Udinese are making an unlikely march for the title, and Di Natale and Sanchez are as dangerous a strike force as there is in the league and should be too strong on Sunday for lecce.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Arsenal (-1) v Blackburn.

Comment

man UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU at evens

choo choo *

this is a disclaimer as gibson is starting!
                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

choo choo *

Gibson, Park no Nani, I can't touch it at that price but hope your right.

Comment

choo choo *

hmmmm. No VDS. Gibson and Carrick in midfield. Nani, Berba, Chico all benched. I'll pass.

Think West Hame 2/1 DNB is better tbh.

Hope I'm wrong mind

Comment

2.1 has to be too big
                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

only 1 substitution off being a first choice team. Id argue this starting line up is better than with hernandez on (and i love hernandez)

berba off the bench after 50 minutes, 1 goal victory
                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                  hmmmm. No VDS. Gibson and Carrick in midfield. Nani, Berba, Chico all benched. I'll pass.

Think West Hame 2/1 DNB is better tbh.

Hope I'm wrong mind
                                                                  Took the 12/5 on boyles myself

so hope you're not

fancied a west ham midfielder for FG
                                                                  backed the wrong one

Comment

choo choo *

GAA News Website

Comment

Have to back Arsenal ftw this evening now.

EDIT: 4/1 on on betfair - jokeshop. Blackburn 16.5 ftw - that can't be bad value?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                          Took the 12/5 on boyles myself

so hope you're not

fancied a west ham midfielder for FG
                                                                          backed the wrong one
                                                                          lesson to be learnt!?

If you see a decent price like this & are daft enough to want to back it
                                                                          bet on the halftime market instead *(or trade the fuck out ) as teams try to sit on leads against united and kill themselves doing it

obv fair play united the bastards
                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 02-04-11, 14:08. Reason: *

Comment

GAA News Website

Comment

Been a while since I backed any football but meh all home wins tonight please

Comment

if barce and chelsea win for you tonight id be very surprised!

like the 4/9 on Real personally
                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

I went for Rangers Inter and went for draw with spurs and madrid chance my arm just over 7/1

Comment

Originally posted by Baked Beans View Post

Chelsea v Man Utd is on tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by montyrebel View Post

Chelsea v Man Utd is on tomorrow
                                                                                      Ok got onto support and canceled it to have a different punt on tonights matches,
                                                                                      (dont know what I was
                                                                                      looking at earlier but could only see those five matches tonight )

Comment

Small interest in the over 2.5 goals at 11/10 and CR7 to score anytime at 2.04 both on betfair.

gogogo

Comment

Ok got onto support and canceled it to have a different punt on tonights matches,
                                                                                          (dont know what I was
                                                                                          looking at earlier but could only see those five matches tonight )

Good bet but looks like your gone notts 2 nil down

Comment

backed the draw real v spurs what was that big stick at fucked my bet right up the dick.
                                                                                            location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Ah stop big dope so stupid spurs still in it might sneak a goal now Defo is on but can see real getting one more

Comment

Yeah best they can hope is keep it at 2 or maybe nick a late one but i doubt thats going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by AnyAce View Post
                                                                                                  Good bet but looks like your gone notts 2 nil down
                                                                                                  And inter gettin stuffed 4-2

Comment

meh only a fiver, ah well

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                      Small interest in the over 2.5 goals at 11/10 and CR7 to score anytime at 2.04 both on betfair.

gogogo
                                                                                                      Choochoo

Comment

I like the look of time of 1st booking b4/inc 28th min at 4/5 in the Chelsea/United game.
                                                                                                        Spanish ref wont give as much lee-way as an English 1 in this encounter thats bound to be tight in midfield not to mention Vidic and his nightmares facing Torres.

Comment

City look huge tonight against Liverpool. No Agger, Kelly, Johnson or Gerrard

Since Dalglish took over, Liverpool's record:

With Agger - 518 minutes, 0 goals conceded
                                                                                                          Without Agger - 382 minutes, 9 goals conceded

We have no recognised left or right back's. Aurelio may be back but if he does play it will be his first game back after a lengthy injury.

Most likely midfield is Lucas and Spearing which is severely devoid of any creative flare.

City - 13/8
                                                                                                          City (-1) 5/1

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                            City look huge tonight against Liverpool. No Agger, Kelly, Johnson or Gerrard

Since Dalglish took over, Liverpool's record:

With Agger - 518 minutes, 0 goals conceded
                                                                                                            Without Agger - 382 minutes, 9 goals conceded

We have no recognised left or right back's. Aurelio may be back but if he does play it will be his first game back after a lengthy injury.

Most likely midfield is Lucas and Spearing which is severely devoid of any creative flare.

City - 13/8
                                                                                                            City (-1) 5/1

Opr

2/1 available in places and -1 should be closer to 13-2/7-1, Pretty huge differences there.

Comment

Agreed, but get on Betfair. City are 3.1 there!

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                                                                                2/1 available in places and -1 should be closer to 13-2/7-1, Pretty huge differences there.
                                                                                                                Where are you getting 7-1, I checked in a couple of places and was only getting 5/1 ?

2-1 is betfair I presume.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                  Where are you getting 7-1, I checked in a couple of places and was only getting 5/1 ?

2-1 is betfair I presume.

Opr

2-1 with a few firms, bf just over 2s but same with commission. I didnt see 7-1 anywhere but i think 5-1 is too short for a 2-1 team to win by 2 goals.

Comment

Ah fair enough 5/1 does seem short when the win is priced 2/1. I just thought given how weak our team looks we could end up getting mauled as City seem to be getting it together attacking wise.

From the early team news Kyrgiakos is expected to start. While decent in the air he is a disaster with players running at him. Odemwingie and Co. terrorised him last week and I expect more of same from Tevez and Silva tonight. Talk that Kenny might start one of our reserve players Flanagan which would allow Carragher to move into the middle but giving Flanagan his first league start against City has its own problems.

The corner match bet on Betfair also looks interesting as we have a shocking lack of width. No full backs and no one you can call a winger in the team. Currently City 2.78 on BF but I don't know how they do generally on corners.

Opr

Comment

One of the reserve team players just tweeted that Flanagan starts tonight. He is a right back and is only 18 years old and has never played a competitive game in the first team before.

Opr

Comment

Over 3 goals at 3/1 with bet365 worth a glance so?

Comment

Over/Under's is very hard to call. I have a feeling that we will set up with three centre backs now. I just can't see Kenny starting someone so inexperienced and leaving him exposed in a back four. Also he has favoured the 3 CB's in lots of matches this season. Then its going to be up to City to take the game to Liverpool something Mancini hasn't favoured away from home this season.

-----------Carra-----Kyrgiakos-----Skrtel

Flanagan----------------------------------Aurelio

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X