No announcement yet.

WSOP 2015 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live stream on now for the 1 drop 100k FT. Hellmuth, Duhamel, Colman and Sauce there.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
      Jude Ainsworth is in the money in event #57. 64 left, and he is 16th with a nice stack to run deep.

GL GL.
      Jude is now 16th of 48. Recovering nicely from losing almost 2/3 if his stack in a flip earlier.
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianN View Post
        Live stream on now for the 1 drop 100k FT. Hellmuth, Duhamel, Colman and Sauce there.
        4 left. Duhamel is the only name left that I recognise. Colman still in but never seen him play before. I see he won the big one for one drop last year for 15M.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Jude is now 16th of 48. Recovering nicely from losing almost 2/3 if his stack in a flip earlier.
          17th of 31 now....

Comment

John O'Shea is in the top 10 in the 25K PLO High Roller, and Dermot Blain still in this event.

Comment

17th of 31 now....
              25th of 26 now, finished for today at the last three tables. About 10bbs. You get the impression that he was completely card dead for the last few hours. Hopefully a few quick double-ups will get him back in it when they return.

Comment

Kev Killeen from Iran chippie in Event #59 ($1500) with 309/2155 back tomorrow.

Multi also still in but short

Comment

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Kev Killeen from Iran chippie in Event #59 ($1500) with 309/2155 back tomorrow.

Multi also still in but short
                    I'm presuming Christopher Dowling of the famous Tehran Dowlings is our own Ballymore Chris ? Also going nicely in this for the Iranian team.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                      Also going nicely in this for the Iranian team.
                      It must be a Tax thing. I think Corbett the phenom was the same ...

Comment

Chris up to 200k on twitter. Kevin down to 40k according to chip counts.

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                          It's whoever is inputting the country codes into the back end of the WSOP site just not paying enough attention.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

One of my Caesars reward cards had me down as Iranian too, just a mess up on the drop down list of countries. Irish is one of the nut countries for tax treaties with the US.

Comment

Legit question : why arent irish players more proficient in other forms of poker. seems like can only play NL hold em? I know plo is played a bit by few but in general badly.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                Legit question : why arent irish players more proficient in other forms of poker. seems like can only play NL hold em? I know plo is played a bit by few but in general badly.
                                Last Irish bracelet was in PLO

Comment

so that means what? do you think players before had more games in their repertoire, mainly because they probably had to.

Im not sure if your knocking my point or agreeing

Comment

so that means what? do you think players before had more games in their repertoire, mainly because they probably had to.

Im not sure if your knocking my point or agreeing
                                    Why are you always so angry m8? Go get a puppy or lose the virginity, be grand.

Comment

Where in ireland can you play stud razz triple draw hi lo stud and hilo plo and other variants to a high standard allowing you to compete with the worlds best?
                                      Nowhere besides the internet.
                                      Stud which used be very popular is dying a death its to complicated and skillfull and even in hotspots like Austria and germany which used to host eruopena stud championships its dying.

What percent of the wsop entrys are irish and what percentage of the fields do they make up.

This year has been excellent from an irish pov multiple final tables and two crossbars.
                                      The main event will have plenty of irish players we are a small country with a limited number who can afford be staked into wsop tourneys.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        Why are you always so angry m8? Go get a puppy or lose the virginity, be grand.
                                        angry? i said legit question. people talk about about a poker community in Ireland. Im only discussing PLO because its on a stream now and i enjoy the game. I was wondering why people dont play more games because thats the irish scene. Dying or dead. There isnt the cash in the game for a plo game outside of a few places and reason was plo didnt last outside of festivals/ biggish cash game people sucked. and lost. Id imagine there is no really edge to be had in such a level as plo in wsop level

You can go back to bbv and troll or talk about mma n food. I wont insult you because next you will be calling me gay or saying my moms fat . Sticks and Stones

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                          Where in ireland can you play stud razz triple draw hi lo stud and hilo plo and other variants to a high standard allowing you to compete with the worlds best?
                                          Nowhere besides the internet.
                                          Stud which used be very popular is dying a death its to complicated and skillfull and even in hotspots like Austria and germany which used to host eruopena stud championships its dying.

What percent of the wsop entrys are irish and what percentage of the fields do they make up.

This year has been excellent from an irish pov multiple final tables and two crossbars.
                                          The main event will have plenty of irish players we are a small country with a limited number who can afford be staked into wsop tourneys.
                                          Good point sickpuppy. There isnt any place to play other variants live and the internet can be a hard place to find your feet on any meaningful levels. So going forward will texas hold em be the only game we play? Nope its a step up off 5 card draw which was popular too.

what percentage of irish players who play other variants learned these from other people like parents/ grand parents / friends. As you said stud used be a popular game too i think hold em will follow suit and there wont be many playing.... long term thinking and why not learn other games? for the craic not everybody is on the grind

Comment

Counting Alan Smurfit in 2007, Ireland's last 2 bracelets are in PLO. Since the early waves of Irish hitting Vegas, like Padraig P, and The Don also play this game to a good tournament level, I'd say Ireland punches above it's weight on this front. This has been an exceptional tournament series for the Irish, hopefully with more to come. I suspect for major mixed games sucess you would need to play cash online at a high level and then transfer these learnings to a tournament context.

Comment

Counting Alan Smurfit in 2007, Ireland's last 2 bracelets are in PLO. Since the early waves of Irish hitting Vegas, like Padraig P, and The Don also play this game to a good tournament level, I'd say Ireland punches above it's weight on this front. This has been an exceptional tournament series for the Irish, hopefully with more to come. I suspect for major mixed games sucess you would need to play cash online at a high level and then transfer these learnings to a tournament context.

Comment

The most realistic chance the Irish have of a bracelet every year is the lads in the PLO. Dermot, Rees, John, Hali, with the latter two not even puttting in much volume all year still well ahead of the field in them. Those fields generally smaller and more winnable too.

As for us holdem lads, most of us way too busy trying to grind ourselves out of make up for the rest of the year to try get competitive at the other games. They do look like a lot of fun though and plenty of people say its the way to go. Can still easily see myself for one not doing a tap of studying for them in time for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post
                                                  The most realistic chance the Irish have of a bracelet every year is the lads in the PLO. Dermot, Rees, John, Hali, with the latter two not even puttting in much volume all year still well ahead of the field in them. Those fields generally smaller and more winnable too.

As for us holdem lads, most of us way too busy trying to grind ourselves out of make up for the rest of the year to try get competitive at the other games. They do look like a lot of fun though and plenty of people say its the way to go. Can still easily see myself for one not doing a tap of studying for them in time for next year.
                                                  I'm off to Vegas next year and plan to play 1 or 2 of the 2-7 NL, 10-game mix or Badugi (if they stick it in). I'll bring a bracelet home

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                    I'm off to Vegas next year and plan to play 1 or 2 of the 2-7 NL, 10-game mix or Badugi (if they stick it in). I'll bring a bracelet home
                                                    If you're selling stakes .....

Comment

Originally posted by AKQJ10 View Post

Tagging onto this Daragh Davey would play the 2-7 triple draw games also if I'm remembering correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                        ....... ...

WSOP 2015
                                                        So far (July 2nd 2015)

Ireland are 11/93 for earnings ($1.25m) total: $137.2m
                                                        Ireland are 12/93 for cashes (38) total: 9963

Top put that in perspective the US has $93.6m in earnings and 7420 cashes. Now we cant for sure find accurate numbers of participants per country but I cannot imagine that there is that many Irish over there - Could we say 100/150?

That really is a very good showing Apart form the 'heavy hitters' (US, Canada, UK, Germany etc) we seem to be the 'best of the rest'.

Source: http://www.wsop.com/players/stats/byyear/?y=2015

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                          WSOP 2015
                                                          So far (July 2nd 2015)

Top put that in perspective the US has $93.6m in earnings and 7420 cashes. Now we cant for sure find accurate numbers of participants per country but I cannot imagine that there is that many Irish over there - Could we say 100/150?

That really is a very good showing Apart form the 'heavy hitters' (US, Canada, UK, Germany etc) we seem to be the 'best of the rest'.

That's pretty impressive. I wonder does it take into account the mistakes made between Ireland and Iran? Could be more if they have some Irish down as Iranian.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                            WSOP 2015
                                                            So far (July 2nd 2015)

I'd take the unders on 100.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                              That's pretty impressive. I wonder does it take into account the mistakes made between Ireland and Iran? Could be more if they have some Irish down as Iranian.

i think when you head to the cage to claim your dough - you need to confirm your country of residence ( for tax reasons etc I suspect). That's my experience with cashing in tournaments anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                I was being a little generous - I suspect you're correct.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                  Those country mistakes are generally from the get go but as they get towards the business end they're generally fixed but I doubt it would have a bearing on it when it comes to payouts.

Comment

Good point sickpuppy. There isnt any place to play other variants live and the internet can be a hard place to find your feet on any meaningful levels. So going forward will texas hold em be the only game we play? Nope its a step up off 5 card draw which was popular too.

what percentage of irish players who play other variants learned these from other people like parents/ grand parents / friends. As you said stud used be a popular game too i think hold em will follow suit and there wont be many playing.... long term thinking and why not learn other games? for the craic not everybody is on the grind
                                                                    I agree and would love to learn/play some of the other variants. Nobody is spreading these games and the festivals are all about rake & volume so its mainly NLH with a little PLO in the mix. The big challenge will be finding dealers also. I really think the only place to learn these games is online and there's no 'Craic' in that. Don't expect any Irish Mixed game or Stud bracelets at the WSOP any time soon :-)
                                                                    Last edited by PokerPiper; 03-07-15, 12:35. Reason: +

Comment

Great to see Peter Murphy in the shake up in one of the last events before the Main. 3rd in chips going into day 3 with 34 left - Event 62. Shit load of bounties locked up too! GL Multi.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                                                                        I agree and would love to learn/play some of the other variants. Nobody is spreading these games and the festivals are all about rake & volume so its mainly NLH with a little PLO in the mix. The big challenge will be finding dealers also. I really think the only place to learn these games is online and there's no 'Craic' in that. Don't expect any Irish Mixed game or Stud bracelets at the WSOP any time soon :-)
                                                                        Probably wouldn't be feasible but if any of the casinos in Dublin were interested in running a regular (once or twice a month?) mixed game I would play, been meaning to learn the other games for a while and it'd be a fun way of doing it. Something like 5/10 limit with the big bet rounds at 1/2 would make sense.

Comment

Multi is now 8/11 in the Bounty game. Fingers crossed for another Irish Final Table. gl

Comment

First hand of the Little One Drop on the stream.

AQ opens to 325k, AK makes it 775k, 88 folds, Btn makes it 1.2m with KK, AK calls.

Both guys playing 6m 'ish

Flop is 345cc

AK checks, KK bets 1.5m and the AK crai to 4.7m and KK sticks it in the muck. Can't see myself ever folding KK there!

Comment

Multi is now 8/11 in the Bounty game. Fingers crossed for another Irish Final Table. gl
                                                                              Out in 9th for 24k (plus whatever bounties), according to WSOP site.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                Out in 9th for 24k (plus whatever bounties), according to WSOP site.
                                                                                Pretty unlucky not to get back in it with the hand as it played out with runner runner ...

Peter Murphy Eliminated in 9th Place ($24,511)

The action folds around to Vitezslav Pesta who calls from the button. Paul Warren does the same from the small blind before Peter Murphy checks his option from the big blind.

The flop comes down K A 3 and both blinds check. Pesta then bets out 50,000 which Warren calls instantly. Murphy then moves all in for 575,000 in chips. Pesta asks for a count before completing the call. Warren mucks and the cards are then tabled.

Pesta: A 5
                                                                                Murphy: K 3

Murphy has out flopped Pesta hitting bottom two pair to take the lead. However, the board runs out the Q then J to see Pesta river a flush to take down the pot resulting in Murphy being eliminated in 9th place.

Vitezslav Pesta - 2,900,000
                                                                                Peter Murphy - Eliminated

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                  Just going through names here that i know hace been out and played a few braclet events. I'm only getting to 24 names.

Obviously there might be a few I'm missing but couldn't be more than 30. Good few who would normally be out not here this year for whatever reasons.

To have 7 have make ft's in non hold em events with massive fields is a serious achievement. Hopefully we ain't done yet!

Comment

Hey guys,

Is there any match bets or player prices that people would like to see for the WSOP ME?

Irish player matchbets, prices for any player you want.

Can be up on betfair by tomorrow if interest is there.

Thanks

Comment

What price an Irish November 9er

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        What price an Irish November 9er
                                                                                        about 1,000,000 /1 but knowing the guys playing they be 100000/1 to get there

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                          Hey guys,

Is there any match bets or player prices that people would like to see for the WSOP ME?

Thanks
                                                                                          Not sure if GAB is in Vegas but a match bet with Brian Hastings and Noel Hayes would be a laugh.

A best of the Irish market ? (Andy Black, Marc McDonnell, Doke, Seamus Cahill, Chris Dowling, Peter Murphy, Fergal Nealon, Michael Dwyer, Rory Brown, Mark O'Reilly, Jason Tompkins, John O'Shea, Sean Prendeville, Eoghan O'Dea, Dermot Blain, The Don, Reesy, Andy Grimmason, Kevin Killeen, Darragh Davey, Dan Wilson and I'm sure there's plenty more there....)

Maybe a best of Brits market too ?

Comment

Not sure if GAB is in Vegas but a match bet with Brian Hastings and Noel Hayes would be a laugh.

A best of the Irish market ? (Andy Black, Marc McDonnell, Doke, Seamus Cahill, Chris Dowling, Peter Murphy, Fergal Nealon, Michael Dwyer, Rory Brown, Mark O'Reilly, Jason Tompkins, John O'Shea, Sean Prendeville, Eoghan O'Dea, Dermot Blain, The Don, Reesy, Andy Grimmason, Kevin Killeen, Darragh Davey, Dan Wilson and I'm sure there's plenty more there....)

Maybe a best of Brits market too ?
                                                                                            Think Daragh Davey has skipped Vegas this year as for Dan Wilson pretty sure he's off travelling Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                              Hey guys,

Thanks
                                                                                              Irish winner and Irish November 9er. River card of the final hand before the November 9.
                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

According to wsop.com, Andy Black got out of the traps well early on Day 1 A of the main, and is up to 50K already ...

Comment

Day 1b seems to have gone well for both John O'Shea and Decco Connolly, both bagging just over 100k. Reesy 57k, Patrick Clarke 52k, Michael Dwyer 22k.

Would be nice to see some deep runs to keep the Irish momentum going this summer. Some great performances so far.

Comment

Paul Leckey doing OK away from WSOP I see.

25-Jun-2015 $ 235 No Limit Hold'em Rio Daily Deepstacks 2015, 2nd $ 19,964
                                                                                                    22-Jun-2015 $ 235 No Limit Hold'em Rio Daily Deepstacks 2015, 1st $ 33,396

Comment

2015 WSOP sees 6,420 entrants and out of them 1,000 will make the money with a min cash earning $15,000 while the winner will walk away with a gold bracelet & $7,680,021.

Comment

Day 1b seems to have gone well for both John O'Shea and Decco Connolly, both bagging just over 100k. Reesy 57k, Patrick Clarke 52k, Michael Dwyer 22k.

Would be nice to see some deep runs to keep the Irish momentum going this summer. Some great performances so far.
                                                                                                        1c sees Doke bag up starting stack of 30k, Gavin O'Rourke 90k, Jason Tompkins and Kevin Killeen bust.

Comment

This seems to be our Irish sweat

Gavin O'Rourke - 88,875
                                                                                                          Eoghan O Dea - 72,900
                                                                                                          James Conway - 67,450
                                                                                                          Mark Reilly - 47,175
                                                                                                          Nick Abou Risk - 44,375
                                                                                                          Toby Joyce - 42,550
                                                                                                          Jude Ainsworth - 39,100
                                                                                                          Dara O Kearney - 30,025
                                                                                                          Peter Barable - 25,450
                                                                                                          Padraig O Neill - 17,225
                                                                                                          Peter Murphy - 14,500
                                                                                                          Chris Dowling - 10,250
                                                                                                          Marc McDonnell - 10,250

Comment

This seems to be our Irish sweat

Gavin O'Rourke - 88,875
                                                                                                            Eoghan O Dea - 72,900
                                                                                                            James Conway - 67,450
                                                                                                            Mark Reilly - 47,175
                                                                                                            Nick Abou Risk - 44,375
                                                                                                            Toby Joyce - 42,550
                                                                                                            Jude Ainsworth - 39,100
                                                                                                            Dara O Kearney - 30,025
                                                                                                            Peter Barable - 25,450
                                                                                                            Padraig O Neill - 17,225
                                                                                                            Peter Murphy - 14,500
                                                                                                            Chris Dowling - 10,250
                                                                                                            Marc McDonnell - 10,250
                                                                                                            andrew sweeney still in with 48.2k according to twitter, best of luck lads.

Comment

Dec Connolly clickey and john o Shea also.

Comment

Andy Black with 53k too I think.

Comment

Nice one. Get chip counts for them and add to the list. I didn't see any of them on the wsop chip counts list. I even searched for players from Iran!

Comment

is it day 1a and 1b back today and day 1c back tomorrow for day 2's ?

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                      is it day 1a and 1b back today and day 1c back tomorrow for day 2's ?
                                                                                                                      Yes
                                                                                                                      My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Is there any reason why some of them chose to play the last day when it is the nut worst day to play standard wise? And it shows in the chip counts #samplesize

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                                          Is there any reason why some of them chose to play the last day when it is the nut worst day to play standard wise? And it shows in the chip counts #samplesize
                                                                                                                          Certainly not the perception here. Most of the American recreational players play the last day. My table only had 2 pros, and that seemed about average from talking to the other lads.

At the end of the day though, it's a tournament and anyone can win or lose. Weakest player on my table ended with most chips as deck smashed him in the face, and Kevin Williams was telling me the guy at his table who ended with all the chips was unclear on the hand rankings.
                                                                                                                          My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X