Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just copped the Ashes on BT this year. Will miss the sky coverage

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      Yeah that's the one. You build your own bowl of stuff.

I've mostly been building my own ramen at Yumo though recently (Aungier St.), which is great too.
      It's called a buffet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        It's hard to know who the biggest knob jockey in this saga is. Pretty serious conpetition for the title.
        LaVar is incredibly cringeworthy but the publicity and attention he's garnered has been incredible.
        He's built a business out of the possibility of his sons being good at basketball and the shock factor.

I'd say Lonzo Ball at this stage of his career with the available exposure at the time etc is the most well publicised athlete in modern NBA history.
        LeBron might be the only one but I'd even question that because LeBron missed the college exposure.

The hype created around him is unbelievable. The latest is LaVar has suggested that the Lakers coaches are too soft on Lonzo. It's the soap opera of the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Just copped the Ashes on BT this year. Will miss the sky coverage
          What the fucking fuck? Fuck.

Fuck's sake.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What the fucking fuck? Fuck.

Fuck's sake.
              Any bets ? 🤗

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                Any bets ? 🤗
                Khawaja for top series batsman. 8/1

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  This is Trump's genius. He spouts stuff that would make a 2-year-old ashamed for not trying hard enough, and has people wondering if the civilian he's arguing with is the bigger knob jockey.
                  Having read up on said civilian, he seems to easily as big a dick as Conor McGregor.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

so what is TheDrunkenOne up to then? Remember Collie asking a few weeks ago. Hasn't used his twitter in ages either, although he was never much of a user of it anyway. This being a tentative enquiry as to his good health.
                          He tapered off in the form of 2 well spaced posts since the start of August which would suggest abstinence rather than catastrophe.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            did you go argos/currys/maplins route?
                            Currys for the first order, then Google store for the second order - it was delivered a day or two faster.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                              debating getting a google home or amazon echo device in the coming black friday madness.
                              any reviews on each?
                              I'm half sure that not a lot of services work in ireland but there seems to be a thriving community of enthusiasts on boards
                              I have a few echos, just use them for lights and Spotify through speakers. Gonna get a Google mini so I can Google things by voice.

Comment

If you have an Android phone, can use Google Assistant by holding the home button, or saying 'OK Google'.

Is the Google Home / Google Mini any different?

Comment

I don't get these home assistant things. Unless it can cook or clean it's no use to me. I've never (outside of one off novelty factor) done a voice search on the phone, or created an appointment, written a text, etc. that way either.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    If you have an Android phone, can use Google Assistant by holding the home button, or saying 'OK Google'.

I think the one on the home/mini are the next iteration of the same.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      I don't get these home assistant things. Unless it can cook or clean it's no use to me. I've never (outside of one off novelty factor) done a voice search on the phone, or created an appointment, written a text, etc. that way either.
                                      Voice search is really useful in Google maps when you're driving.

Use it on the TV too all the time.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          Voice search is really useful in Google maps when you're driving.

Use it on the TV too all the time.
                                          Can't see myself ever doing it with any regularity. I'd be all on board with Minority Reports style gesture stuff, but not voice for some reason.

Comment

Vet arrived today at my home 12.30. Lady and a young girl. very very nice and understanding. Freckles didnt even get up off floor , my mother said she fell twice today while walking about house. Vet copped immediately all her muscles were gone in back legs. rubbed her and chatted away . Then explained she was going to sedate her would take ten mins . I was very upset at this point , the ten mins seemed like ages , she deffo fought it. She said she would leave me alone to have time with her to say goodbye. I couldnt do anymore told her to do it .

Then vet shaved freckles leg and put a line thing in for the inevitable needle and told me it was more or less immediate, I watched her stomach rise up and down for maybe one min and that was it. we wrapped her up snugly and she took her away in the quilt she was lying in to be be cremated .

3.10 pm Mia text me from school "what did vet say" as I had told her I needed vet to call that morning
                                            I had to race home barely made it as was doing a sale, just saw her geting off the bus and she got into car loudly laughing that the bus driver was singing Ed sheeran and he was so funny and came bounding in door about her having to make a speech in front of school. She was in flying form. Then said

"what did vet say mammy" I wasnt even looking at her. Lump in my throat and I couldnt say it. " where is freckles "she said . at this point I just had tears streaming down my face, so my mother said " Mia, Freckles was very very sick today , the vet had to put her to sleep "

omg it was awful I have never heard Mia cry so hard or as long as she did , she sat on my lap and cried and cried into me. broke my heart. Had a brief chat I had to go back to work for maybe an hour and half

brought her home a few goodies and she was very down in herself . I went to bed for over an hour at 6 pm as I was just drained and at 7.30 Mia climbed in and we just chatted about freckles , she asked me how it was done and I told her . I also asked would she have liked to be there , she said no Mammy I wouldnt like to see that , so I am so happy I made the right choice. I said Freckles had a great life nearly 16! but unlike us she cant talk and was in terrible pain and it was so unfair to have her that way . she not too bad now , maybe every 30 mins just walks up and puts her arms around me for a long hug.

My co worker picked up this jar for me today, such lovely thought , and I got pics printed
                                            and told mia she would always have it. she started writing a few bits and bobs in it there 30 mins ago .
                                            so thats it , horrible day but such is life . RIP Freckles
                                            SPOILER

SPOILER
                                            Last edited by SatNav; 22-11-17, 22:20.
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                              Drop o' rain.
                                              Should have been a bit higher than a yellow warning ( with the benefit of hindsight obvs,). Madness around Dundrum this morning. Later pure anarchy in the city centre, and not a Garda to be seen.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

I'd never use it on the phone. Pure voice is just easier.

Comment

Germany facing another election, huge blow to Merkel’s agenda. With the 4 Visegrád countries and Austria talking about joining them, UK leaving, Italy likely to swing anti Europe next year in their elections there is interesting times ahead for the EU.

Comment

Comment

They are for people who are enthusiastic for the end of privacy (end of privacy for plebs of course ,Zuckerberg and his ilk guard their own tightly)
                                                      Reading the forums of enthusiasts of this stuff people who are into it seem pretty simple

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                        Watched it this week thinking the exact same as yourself. Episodes 1, 2 & 3 were great, full of action and I thought this is pretty cool. Then episodes 4 to 8 are just the exact same things in different locations around LA. They tried to add some drama where one team tried to poach a guy off another team, set up a meeting between the 3 bosses in a car park which ended up with one telling the other to fuck off and one team had a whinge about how the other do things.

4 or 5 episodes would have been perfect. Probably worth a watch if you're bored or hungover some day
                                                        Yeah watched a couple of them and had the same thoughts that while enjoyable it would be hard to keep the same thing interesting over a full season.

They all seem to have a bit of a warped justification system for doing what they do though. Would be refreshing to see one of them admit they're a mercenary or adrenaline junkie instead of fooling themselves that they're not scum and providing a positive service.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                          Vet arrived today at my home 12.30. Lady and a young girl. very very nice and understanding. Freckles didnt even get up off floor , my mother said she fell twice today while walking about house. Vet copped immediately all her muscles were gone in back legs. rubbed her and chatted away . Then explained she was going to sedate her would take ten mins . I was very upset at this point , the ten mins seemed like ages , she deffo fought it. She said she would leave me alone to have time with her to say goodbye. I couldnt do anymore told her to do it .

Then vet shaved freckles leg and put a line thing in for the inevitable needle and told me it was more or less immediate, I watched her stomach rise up and down for maybe one min and that was it. we wrapped her up snugly and she took her away in the quilt she was lying in to be be cremated .

3.10 pm Mia text me from school "what did vet say" as I had told her I needed vet to call that morning
                                                          I had to race home barely made it as was doing a sale, just saw her geting off the bus and she got into car loudly laughing that the bus driver was singing Ed sheeran and he was so funny and came bounding in door about her having to make a speech in front of school. She was in flying form. Then said

"what did vet say mammy" I wasnt even looking at her. Lump in my throat and I couldnt say it. " where is freckles "she said . at this point I just had tears streaming down my face, so my mother said " Mia, Freckles was very very sick today , the vet had to put her to sleep "

omg it was awful I have never heard Mia cry so hard or as long as she did , she sat on my lap and cried and cried into me. broke my heart. Had a brief chat I had to go back to work for maybe an hour and half

brought her home a few goodies and she was very down in herself . I went to bed for over an hour at 6 pm as I was just drained and at 7.30 Mia climbed in and we just chatted about freckles , she asked me how it was done and I told her . I also asked would she have liked to be there , she said no Mammy I wouldnt like to see that , so I am so happy I made the right choice. I said Freckles had a great life nearly 16! but unlike us she cant talk and was in terrible pain and it was so unfair to have her that way . she not too bad now , maybe every 30 mins just walks up and puts her arms around me for a long hug.

My co worker picked up this jar for me today, such lovely thought , and I got pics printed
                                                          and told mia she would always have it. she started writing a few bits and bobs in it there 30 mins ago .
                                                          so thats it , horrible day but such is life . RIP Freckles
                                                          SPOILER

SPOILER
                                                          Horrible thing to go through but I am glad you switched from telling Mia the dog died to telling her she had to be euthanized. At least you can speak with Mia about it without having to watch what you are saying for fear of her hearing you slip up. She sounds like a well put together child and a credit to you. I'm sure she will come out the other side stronger in the end. RIP Freckles.

Comment

Ah here Michelle. You are some woman.
                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

RIP Freckles

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                Pho Viet is your only man for Asian broths in my opinion. I made some Tom Yum soup last week, somewhere needs to start serving bowls of that up they'll make a fortune
                                                                Any thai place should Tom Yum no?

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                "It wasn’t the White House, it wasn’t the State Department, it wasn’t father LaVar’s so-called people on the ground in China that got his son out of a long term prison sentence - IT WAS ME.”

That's actually insane on many levels.
                                                                The full tweet with the Don King reference is even funnier.

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                The whole Ball family is a major talking point in the NBA all season, primarily because of LaVar touting his son Lonzo as the next big thing, 500$ self made shoes and alike. He's claimed he himself would beat Jordan 1vs1 after averaging 2 points a game in his own college career.

Lonzo got drafted by the Lakers no2 after going to UCLA and has been somewhat underwhelming so far given the hype.

LiAngelo has committed to UCLA and LaMelo is planning on going there too. He's basically trying to build a dynasty. LiAngelo probably won't be a 1st round pick but hype may get him to the NBA. LaMelo will, he's scored 80 points in a high school game so he should have the talent.
                                                                He's clearly naming the kids with the family "brand" in mind, a la the Kardasians.
                                                                I'm surprised he resisted the temptation to call one of the lads LaBasket Ball

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                  Cerviche is delicious. Didn't realize it was Peruvian. I see it a lot of trendy menus.
                                                                  Poke is the latest healthy fast food trend out here.
                                                                  Huge here in Vancouver alright, wouldn't quite be my cuppa.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Ooh I see Netflix have released a series "Shot in the dark" that's basically the film Nightcrawler in real life. Might be interesting.
                                                                  Don't have an overly keen eye for what quantifies a fine acting performance but Gyllenhaal's performance in Nightcrawler was immense. Have watched it several times now.

You likely will be in the near future - the digital industry is primed for a global shift in user search. Literally used it for the first time last week for Google Maps and was impressed.

Comment

The opposition leader to Merkel is her twin brother. I guess Germany will be grand.

A lot of those Eastern European countries do seem to be problematic all right. It seems like they were added to EU a bit before they were ready.

Comment

That's a very old-fashioned scoreline in the cricket. Pity Root couldn't stay there until the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                        @Laz & run people.

Running my first ever 5k tomorrow. What's a relastic target for an over weight injury prone gentleman? Only excersise I've done in last 3 months is played about 4 90 mins soccer games in center mid were I almost died from being so unfit. Haven't done anything in the last 4 weeks due to an ankle injury.

Anything sub 30 I'd be over the moon but will say 32. Thoughts?
                                                                        Thanks for the advice in here lads.

Did the run in the dark 5k which started at custom house and ened up the opposite end at City Quay. Was a very cold night and the standing around wasn't ideal but took part in the warm up and off we went a few minutes late.

Took on the advice here and just took a steady pace throughout, didn't have to stop once which suprised me a lot.

I enjoyed the experience in that shit weather so I can see how you would get into it.

Time was

SPOILER
                                                                        00:27:25 TARGET SMASHED.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                          Germany facing another election, huge blow to Merkel’s agenda. With the 4 Visegrád countries and Austria talking about joining them, UK leaving, Italy likely to swing anti Europe next year in their elections there is interesting times ahead for the EU.
                                                                          Germany is facing another election? What date would that be now?

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving.

I am thankful for football, turkey and American Chicks. Bring on the anual trip to the woolshed.

Comment

Broke 22 mins for 5k yesterday. Bloody traffic.

Comment

That's a very old-fashioned scoreline in the cricket. Pity Root couldn't stay there until the end of the day.
                                                                                Was quite the run out mind.

Have you gotten tickets for Irelands first ever test?

Comment

Terrible stuff - If you don't maintain 2.5 runs an over for 90 overs in the first innings then you should be penalised a couple of wickets.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                    Was quite the run out mind.

Have you gotten tickets for Irelands first ever test?
                                                                                    No, I'll be in Bilbao at the rugby.

Early May in Ireland though. WTF are they thinking?

Comment

Has Trump claimed credit for Thanksgiving yet ? Tis early I suppose.

Comment

First day back in the office after a month off.

It sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                          Has Trump claimed credit for Thanksgiving yet ? Tis early I suppose.
                                                                                          No one has given him thanks yet. Expect a tweet praising himself soon.

He did threaten some turkeys

As many of you know, I have been very active in overturning a number of executive actions by my predecessor. However, I have been informed by the White House counsel’s office that Tater and Tot’s pardons cannot, under any circumstances, be revoked.
                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Germany is facing another election? What date would that be now?
                                                                                            Coalition talks broke down a few days ago and Merkel told the president she couldn’t form a government so unless a minority government can be facilitated it will be back to the voting boots. Talk is spring 2018.

Comment

Going to be in london for a week or so. Does anyone have recommendations for shows or musicals at the west end?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                Coalition talks broke down a few days ago and Merkel told the president she couldn’t form a government so unless a minority government can be facilitated it will be back to the voting boots. Talk is spring 2018.
                                                                                                I'm not sure you get how politics works.

Remember how long it took us to form our Government after the last GE?

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                  Going to be in london for a week or so. Does anyone have recommendations for shows or musicals at the west end?
                                                                                                  If it's on, watch the first half of Avenue Q and then leave. Best half a musical ever. All other half musicals are shite.
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                    musicals are shite.
                                                                                                    Tidied that up for you m8
                                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

In fairness to Jack it's die effieicent Deutschen we are talking about not , hey fidddey dee ,Irland

Comment

Godspell? Tommy?

Comment

"We will rock you" strongly disagrees.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                            "We will rock you" strongly disagrees.
                                                                                                            You going to Queen on Sat. Adam Lambert playing Freddy. Should be good. I is looking forward.

Comment

Trump.

As a journalist, this is borderline offensive.
                                                                                                              8:06AM: White House makes pool reporter issue a correction to say "The president will NOT have a low-key day and has a full schedule of meetings and phone calls."
                                                                                                              9::26AM: The president goes golfing

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                You going to Queen on Sat. Adam Lambert playing Freddy. Should be good. I is looking forward.
                                                                                                                Didnt bother with tickets as i knew i was working this weekend, should be great, he is doing a great job. Enjoy !
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                  "West Side story" strongly disagrees.
                                                                                                                  FYP
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Apart from Grease, West Side Story, Rocky Horror Show, Tommy, Jesus Christ Superstar, Rent,

what have the Romans ever done for us?

Comment

Just when you think bbv can’t go any lower-musicals

Book of Mormon the only one worth seeing

Comment

Godless is really awesome, much better than I was expecting,. Yes it is a slow paced show but it is well crafted. Could easily be best show of the year. Not one for bing watching but savouring. Jack O Connell is really good.
                                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Read up on it mate, the Germans don’t mess around it’s not like Ireland one of the potential coalition parties said they would rather not govern at all than govern badly.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X