View Single Post
Old 14-09-18, 18:11   #41432
Lao Lao

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieM View Post
I donít think anyone is doubting that. The reason why someone is at a soup kitchen may be in the same realm as the property discussion but they are not exactly the same.

There are a lot of working poor who can just afford rent/mortgage with nothing left over for food. Leoís get out of bed brigade.

They donít want a free house but donwant the minimum wage increased, zero hours contracts gone and whatever else will allow them to get enough coming in to live in Dublin - anything but stop try to work their way out that is.

Should they have better supports - yes, Will opening up vacants help them in this points - no.
I don't mean this to sound smart, but you've totally lost me here and I don't think you understand the soup run / homelessness situation/connection.

There are several soup runs in the city now on a nightly basis and they have all been formed in direct response to the homeless crisis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieM View Post
Obv unemployed and homeless use soup kitchens but they are more secure than those right at the bottom of the working ladder.
How are homeless people more secure than those right at the bottom on the working ladder?
Lao Lao is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Thanks From: