Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILER
    Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    Fucking LOL.

Theresa May's Lancaster House speech setting out her vision for Brexit was one of the worst decisions a politician has ever made.

She set out a path that she wanted the UK to have, post withdrawal with the EU, and detailed the sunlit uplands free of all of those penny-hungry immigants, with trade policies 'taken back' from Brussels and a bucaneering new relationship with the EU and the rest of the world. No border erected in Ireland on her watch.

She literally created a trilemma that she has stuck to doggedly in the face of reality for almost 2 full years. Yes she fired the two advisers (Nick Timothy is some piece of work) who were instrumental in creating that policy, but ultimately the shit sticks to her.

That Lancaster House speech has resulted in the EU seeing what the UK thinks it wants, and showing them how to get there. Recall 'Barnier's Slide'? The WA that she cannot get her Parliament to pass is predicated entirely on what the UK wants to be in relation to the EU. The EU worked with the UK to come to this arrangement that could facilitate a change from today's position within the EU to that of the future outside.

She veered drastically to the right of the UK Parliament's wishes on Brexit (even if the majority of them voted to enact A50 to compound their earlier fuck ups under Cameron) in an effort to unite the Conservative Party around the middle ground of Euro-scepticism, kind of like saying the 'nice bit' of Cardiff, and decided to completely avoid any effort whatsoever at a consensus led exit. She alienated the opposition (who are due a serious amount of criticism for their subterfuge) to the point of making it apparent, even to those of us who believe that oppositions should sometimes support Govt business and vice versa, that opposing for the sake of opposing was probably +EV play.

She rammed through bill after bill, in a precariously balanced HoC, destroying instead of curating faith in her Govt's ability to listen to the voices around them to try to chart a realistically achievable path out.

GTFO

Stop reading the guardian m8
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Lance the boil, split the party, fuck them.
      There's your problem. She doesn't want that, among lots of other things she doesn't want that are all happening at once.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Andy's shift to MAGA hat wearing tory apologist seems like a slow moving glacier.
        Almost imperceptible but inevitable in it's destination
        Peterson has a lot to answer for

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jesus fb, instragrm and WhatsApp all down. BBV could make a huge comeback tonight.

I'm bored
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
            SPOILER

Stop reading the guardian m8
            yeah I'm a yuuuuuuuuge Guardian reader

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Except the opposition might possibly be worse.
              They too need to split into Corbynite Momentum anti Europe hard left and the moderate pro European 'call them whatever you like as long as its not Blairite' left
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm a bit confused. Why was the vote so tight?

I thought it was just fringe elements that were happy to crash out?
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Won’t give the info the clicks but just fucking lol, how does a grown adult stand up in court and say this shit with a straight face, that’s what they are getting the big bucks for I guess
                    Anglo Irish Bank behaved in a “morally reprehensible” manner towards Sean Quinn’s children when they signed guarantees for loans of hundreds of millions of Euro aimed at propping up its falling share price, the High Court has been told.

These five young people were ignorant of the bank’s true financial position when they signed guarantees in 2007 and 2008 and were never contacted by Anglo about the guarantees, Bernard Dunleavy SC said. “It did not even know their ages.”

Comment

Have been doing my best to avoid Brexit news one I heard about the “malt house compromise “ the absolute pomposity of the phrase makes me puke a bit.
                      Is tonight’s drama dream stuff for us?
                      Is there any metaphorical (or even better real) American history x style public kerbstomping of Rees Mogg on the horizon?

Comment

Comment

I think about that kerbstomp a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            So it seems MPs are going to vote next week to accept the deal they've rejected twice now. As in, it is generally accepted that they will vote for it. Love that idea. Not only do they leave on the EUs deal but they do it in the most humiliating way possible.
                            There is no non-humiliating way left.

What we tend to forget as well is that this utter parade of simpletons still have to negotiate a trade deal. This is only the precursor to that!
                            It'll be like me taking on Mike Tyson. In his prime too.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

So it seems MPs are going to vote next week to accept the deal they've rejected twice now. As in, it is generally accepted that they will vote for it. Love that idea. Not only do they leave on the EUs deal but they do it in the most humiliating way possible.
                              This is the latest time of many that you underestimate the stupidity of Tories or MP's in general.

Comment

What we tend to forget as well is that this utter parade of simpletons still have to negotiate a trade deal. This is only the precursor to that!
                                Depends on what you were taking him on in.

You would knock him out, prime or not, in forum based horse racing side bet spamotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  Depends on what you were taking him on in.

You would knock him out, prime or not, in forum based horse racing side bet spamotion.
                                  Tyson would fill his spitbucket trying to say that.

Comment

DUP understand they will likely be punished and disappear as quick as the UUP did after GFA if they actually win the removal of the backstop.
                                    They are currently busy working out some new magic words that will allow them to look less stupid when they support May's deal next week.
                                    That leaves the ERG and threatening them with allowing a free vote on 2nd referendum might be just enough to get her the numbers.

Hilarious to hear the ERG fools coming out one after another tonight hanging on desperately by their fingernails to the 'The taking no deal off the table vote is not legally binding' line. Not a single commentator I heard came back at them with the obvious reply of 'Neither was the fucking referendum you fucking moron

Comment

Comment

Comment

You shared it a couple of times but that Brexit blog is excellent: http://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/?m=1

I was a little late to the game but I've been following it the past couple of months and I look forward to his new posts.

Comment

Nah. I was just wrong on the timing. Have said on here for ages they'll capitulate. Not that I have any magic predictive powers, but just saying that as think it's fairly obvious the end route has always been them giving up and accepting the deal.
                                            That's why I say the last 6 months has all been bluster. Everybody knows they have to accept the deal, but nobody can publicly say that. That's why it all looks so fucking weird.

Comment

I still think they could drive themselves off a cliff, there's no personal gain for being sensible here, and there's a million people to blame when it goes wrong, politically it's probably GTO to keep fudging and blame everyone else.

Comment

Beto running for POTUS

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                  Beto running for POTUS
                                                  The guy stinks of Vice President material. Empty vessel, his medium blog posts were cringe. Barely following it tbf, what’s the big deal aside from some cut price Obama style hopey changey stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    I still think they could drive themselves off a cliff
                                                    I'm ever more convinced that no deal exit on 29/3 is the best option to resolve the whole thing .

Comment

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/irel...nham-1.3824901
                                                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            Andy's shift to MAGA hat wearing tory apologist seems like a slow moving glacier.
                                                            Almost imperceptible but inevitable in it's destination
                                                            Peterson has a lot to answer for

Later, he starts down the dark path something like 4-5 times and comes back each time, but oh well.

Comment

Ahh the memories

Comment

Pence doesn't look as uncomfortable as you might expect

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Pence doesn't look as uncomfortable as you might expect
                                                                  He’s only uncomfortable around women who aren’t his wife
                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ireland 69/7 at lunch in the test v Afghanistan. Grim

Comment

Live streaming your own terrorist attack just seems super cunty.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Whoever came up with the idea of company breakfast needs their head checked. Dire stuff

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                Ireland 69/7 at lunch in the test v Afghanistan. Grim
                                                                                Went from 85/9 to 172 all out. Our number 11 top scoring and Dockrell second highest scorer

Comment

Announces his prez run with an Annie Lebowitz glossy Vanity fair photo shoot.
                                                                                  When this guy changes absolutely nothing Yanks can’t say they weren’t warned

Comment

...

Comment

That's a nice photo - the first one. Are they married?
                                                                                      It's Leo's BF and Pence's sister. His wife was probably too much of a bigot to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                        It's Leo's BF and Pence's sister. His wife was probably too much of a bigot to be there.
                                                                                        The wife is out of the country, attending the Special Olympics in a dignitary role.
                                                                                        I hope you feel suitably embarrassed now.

Comment

The other guy is changing things for the worst. So a president who doesn't change things at all is great by comparison.

And I'm not sure a photoshoot invalidates his longstanding liberal views on immigration, and drug reform, as well as practical views on tax.
                                                                                          “He’s better than trump” probably applies to everyone even thinking about running

Robert Francis is not offering anything new,his voting record isn’t particularly progressive, he’s charismatic and handsome and young and that’s about it. He will offer more of the same limp wristed corporate friendly centrism that set things up nicely for Trump to do what he did.
                                                                                          The hype for him is out of proportion to anything he has actually done, there is far more accomplished people already in the dem field
                                                                                          Still I guess he’ll play well on insta
                                                                                          Also this cringe
                                                                                          Read writing from Beto O'Rourke on Medium. El Paso, Texas. Every day, Beto O'Rourke and thousands of other voices read, write, and share important stories on Medium.
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 15-03-19, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                            The wife is out of the country, attending the Special Olympics in a dignitary role.
                                                                                            I hope you feel suitably embarrassed now.
                                                                                            You make it sound as if Leo dropped in unannounced.

But as you mention the special Olympics. Do you knew if any site is doing streams/live updates from Abu Dhabi?

Comment

Still will be great to have an Irishman in the whitehouse

Comment

Champs leaugue draw on at 11am
                                                                                                My predictions
                                                                                                Ajax - Liverpool
                                                                                                Man UTD - Man City
                                                                                                Barcelona - Porto
                                                                                                Juventus - Tottenham

Comment

BTT 》MAGA

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                    Champs leaugue draw on at 11am
                                                                                                    My predictions
                                                                                                    Ajax - Liverpool
                                                                                                    Man UTD - Man City
                                                                                                    Barcelona - Porto
                                                                                                    Juventus - Tottenham
                                                                                                    Almost nailed it there.

MUFC/Barca v Liverpool/Porto.

Spurs/City v Ajax/Juventus.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                      Almost nailed it there.

MUFC/Barca v Liverpool/Porto.

Spurs/City v Ajax/Juventus.
                                                                                                      Was just trying to look psychic by following Fjorte-leaks

Comment

*sigh* Man bloody City.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                          Live streaming your own terrorist attack just seems super cunty.
                                                                                                          They are openly celebrating and revelling in the attack on likes of 4chan, how the fuck is that sort of stuff let stand
                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                          The internet was a mistake

Translations:English (UK)Русский (Россия)On Friday, March 15th, one or more gunmen opened fire in two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. As I write this, three men and one woman have been taken into custody by local law enforcement. It is unclear to what extent they were all involved. The only thing we know is that one […]
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 15-03-19, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                            They are openly celebrating and rebelling in the attack on likes of 4chan, how the fuck is that sort of stuff let stand
                                                                                                            .
                                                                                                            The internet was a mistake

https://www.bellingcat.com/news/rest...sque-massacre/
                                                                                                            Sad fucking neckbeards, in sad fucking lives, escaping their pathetic reality by playing out "internet badass" fantasies.

Comment

Tommy Gorman really is an excellent commentator.

Comment

Tommy Gorman really is an excellent commentator.
                                                                                                                You could have ten Tommy's and a half a dozen Tony Connelly's and you wouldn't compensate for the one George Lee they have on their books

Every time he comes on editorialising I immediately want to burn a ton of fossil fuels

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                  Sad fucking neckbeards, in sad fucking lives, escaping their pathetic reality by playing out "internet badass" fantasies.
                                                                                                                  Nailed it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                    *sigh* Man bloody City.
                                                                                                                    It's Spurs, every match is a landmine come the business end.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      You could have ten Tommy's and a half a dozen Tony Connelly's and you wouldn't compensate for the one George Lee they have on their books

Every time he comes on editorialising I immediately want to burn a ton of fossil fuels
                                                                                                                      'tis true

Kenny saw right through him and chucked him onto the back benches.

Comment

Meeting a hot English bird I met in Ibiza for a few drinks.

Flight to Berlin in 7 hours, this will end well.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X