X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caf View Post
    Quick one:

1st level, stacks 300bb.

Hero opens utg+1 to 125 w/AQ. Button and BB call.

Flop (400): A25

BB checks, hero makes 275. Button folds and SB reraises to 600. Hero folds.

Too nitty?

No reads.
    I don't think it's bad at this stage whatsoever, given the texture he can have a wide range Axdd etc, any fd but also easily crushed too.
    I think a fold is perfectly fine but in game I probably call and evaluate turn but I'm not saying that's profitable either.

First HH I've commented on in like 6 weeks, maybe I'm getting the urge to play again

Comment

Quick one:

1st level, stacks 300bb.

Too nitty?

No reads.
      Check call must be better than bet fold !?

Comment

Originally posted by DaKlowen View Post
        Check call must be better than bet fold !?
        Why?

Comment

converting poker hand histories?

I want to review my poker hands from poker stars which they sent out to me via email, about 200 hands from my last few days play, obv the format is shit to look at, so how do I convert it in bulk to easy viewing if that makes sense
          https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

You can download Universal Replayer and go through them in that.

Comment

Quick one:

1st level, stacks 300bb.

Too nitty?

No reads.
              Peeling at least once vs that sizing in pos.
              "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Why?
                When it's checked to you, as your opponent I'd expect you to bet circa 80% of time. Most times you'll be c/betting without having hit so you'll fold to a re-raise. So it makes it real easy for the SB to be betting with air and draws.

Since you open UTG+1 SB can reason your range to be maybe 99+,AQ+ and expect you to fold most of that range when C/R'd.

But in the HH you post you have hit but still fold, your bet serves no purpose, it just exposes yourself to being bluffed/semi bluffed.

All IMHO, cheers.

Comment

What's the best software for analysing an ICM spot, only want to look at one hand so preferably free if possible.

Comment

Although it's all about tournaments, everything this guy says is awesome:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

http://www.bluff.com/magazine/author/alex-fitzgerald/
                      Yeah I've done a good few sessions with Alex in the past year, he's excellent, he's great value at his current rate too.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

http://www.bluff.com/magazine/author/alex-fitzgerald/
                        Follow him on twitter, he announces Q&A on a live podcast now and again, the man is a genius when it comes to stats. There's a lot on here as well by him http://www.pokerheadrush.com/

Comment

Not worthy of a thread but a quick hand from yesterday (UKIPT)

Blinds 300/600/75

HJ (18k) min opens. I'm in CO with A10 and decide to flat as I've been taking down a good few pots post-flop in position. Gets messy then as button flats too (Scandi, only at table a few hands 16k) & this brings along BB (older lad, not great 12k).

Flop is 25x6 (Pot 5475)

BB & OR check to me and I bet 3100.

Scandi snap shoves for 15k. As I'm checking my stack (22k) BB tank shoves too so back to me with 22k behind (12k to call) & 35k in the middle. .......

Comment

1r 40k gtd on stars. ITM already, about 500 players left. Villain stats VPIP 22 PFR 5 in 50 hands. My own stats 11 10. Push or fold?

Poker Stars, $1 Buy-in (35,000/70,000 blinds, 7,000 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 8 Players
                            Poker Tools by CardRunners - Hand Details

BTN: 457,442 (6.5 bb)
                            SB: 2,625,918 (37.5 bb)
                            Hero (BB): 760,059 (10.9 bb)
                            UTG+2: 1,492,511 (21.3 bb)
                            MP1: 286,434 (4.1 bb)
                            MP2: 700,228 (10 bb)
                            MP3: 939,916 (13.4 bb)
                            CO: 905,816 (12.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A T
                            UTG+2 raises to 210,000, 6 folds, Hero raises to 753,059 and is all-in, UTG+2 calls 543,059

Flop: (1,597,118) 3 2 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
                            Turn: (1,597,118) 2 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
                            River: (1,597,118) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: 1,597,118 pot
                            Final Board: 3 2 5 2 8
                            Hero showed A T and lost (-760,059 net)
                            UTG+2 showed A K and won 1,597,118 (837,059 net)

Comment

Fold, way better spots than shoving over an EP 3x open.

Prob shove AQ+/88+ but open to suggestions on that range.

Comment

Made a series of ridiculous folds the other night. What are peoples thoughts on them?

All live €1 €2

4 handed the button raises to 6, I call in the sb with 52o. BB calls as well. We are both 600+ deep

Flop is A55 two diamonds. Checked to the button who bets 10, I call and the BB makes it 30. I call and the button folds.

Turn is a black 6, I check call 70.

River is a black 9 I check fold to 175.

Villain is annoyed with me, I had called him down on three big bluffs during the last hour, he gave away several bet sizing/logic tells during the hands that made them relatively easy calls. He is pretty drunk.

Hand 2 I raise several limpers with J9s, four callers. The flop comes up QJ9 two diamonds and the man to my immediate right pots it. I call. The turn is a low black card and he shoves for over 300 into a pot of around 100. I fold. He is pretty tight (he raised twice all night, once with QQ once with AA), but I doubt he is that tight post flop (not that sure though).

Comment

I like postflop in both but I am never calling a raise with such trash in sb pre even knowing it's 4 handed and really deep. The first one is definitely the more difficult decision considering his drunkenness and possible tilt. If he has been throwing his stack around wildly I might end up paying him off.

Comment

Given info I'm paying off first hand, I agree calling pre isn't good even that deep. As played I think c/c turn and river given the run out is totally fine. If there is no flush draw I don't mind a fold but given a flushdraw bricks I think I call.
                                    You think he's capable of c/r flop with a FD/combo draw and keep barreling??
                                    Pretty sure you only got to be right here 30% of the time to make this call break even, seems ok.

Comment

Considering the relative skill level, deep stacks and small size of the raise I think its a call live.

Hold'em Simulation ?
                                      600,000 trials (Randomized)
                                      Hand Equity Wins Ties
                                      5s2d 20.95% 123,474 5,579
                                      Top 30% 42.76% 248,405 17,421
                                      Top 50% 36.28% 208,977 18,504

I have roughly 20% equity

Even against tighter ranges its fine

Hold'em Simulation ?
                                      Hand Equity Wins Ties
                                      5s2d 19.91% 118,253 3,332
                                      10% 47.14% 276,186 14,211
                                      30% 32.94% 190,656 14,905

Normally your hot and cold equity isn't that important but I think I am very likely to realise my equity. There isn't actually as much difference as you would think between something like 54s and 52o here

Hold'em Simulation ?
                                      Hand Equity Wins Ties
                                      4s5s 26.22% 156,005 3,448
                                      10% 43.27% 253,443 13,121
                                      30% 30.51% 176,370 14,182

There aren't many hands I would fold in this situation (maybe J3o) Had the button made it 10 I would fold

Comment

Don't like the river fold in hand 1 given how often we chop vs his 5x. He needs very very few Ax/bluffs to make it a call.

Hand 2 I fold flop 4 way given texture + likelihood of expensive showdown with very little chance of improvement, esp if others left to act behind. Def folding turn doesn't seem close at all.
                                        "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

I wouldnt dream of folding the first, no way this is profitable live, you would not believe the amount of times this will be a x.

Second one looks a handy enough fold, although his bet sizing is telling you he is not nutted. Looks really like some sort of combo, can have you dead to better two pairs, and even when he is going buck wild with some kq, aq hand we lose a fair bit. Happy to fold the second one.

Played a lot of deep, what I feel are interesting hands lately, might lash some up here.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                            I wouldnt dream of folding the first, no way this is profitable live, you would not believe the amount of times this will be a x.

Second one looks a handy enough fold, although his bet sizing is telling you he is not nutted. Looks really like some sort of combo, can have you dead to better two pairs, and even when he is going buck wild with some kq, aq hand we lose a fair bit. Happy to fold the second one.

Played a lot of deep, what I feel are interesting hands lately, might lash some up here.
                                            I don't think its often Ax, not with the large river bet. You are probably right about it being an unprofitable fold (or at least calling would be profitable, folding is always neutral)

Both hands the villain kindly showed me their hand, 8Qspades for hand 1 (ie nothing) and the bare nut flush draw in hand 2.

Hand 1 I don't like my line as if I'm planning on folding to a river bet I should just fold the flop (which I considered) as I can't trust the guys actions. Against most players I can call the flop as I'll get a lot of information from then on and I can interpret their actions, ie most players will only fire x amount of barrels, or will give bet sizing tells.

Hand 2 I think is a tough one, from talking to the guy after I could tell it was based mainly on frustration from hours of playing me, I probably should have taken this more into account, or just fold the flop as winning says as there are plenty of people behind me and my equity isn't that great against any range, I'm not even that far ahead of AQ

Comment

So did you beat him up in the taxi ? :-)

Comment

No I won a couple of pots off him and he self excluded himself from the place before leaving

Comment

In hand one, how often is the table 3-betting? Is AK and AQ always being 3-bet by the BB here? Based on the game dynamics, would BB value-betting Ax not make sense (if you've shown a tendency to call him down)? I think I pay it off in hand one.

Hand two, I like a fold. Don't think you're ever in great shape here. It could be combo draw hands, but I've seen plenty of live players make this play with sets to protect their hand and that.
                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Made a bad call live on the turn, got lucky on the river and won almost exactly a 1k pot. And I felt terrible after, some strange mixture of shame, sadness and glee. A strange feeling.

Comment

havent read through the results but did notice some suggest folding 52o pre with a drunk bad tilted player in a live 1-2 game 600 deep. whatever about hero folding at some point in the hand folding pretty much any two seems a waste.

as for hand two. calling the flop bet and re evaluating turn is clearly the right thing to do. folding turn seems fine given your limited reads.

your folds dont strike me as ridiculous at all but i guess you are using ridiculous in the sense that it was 'ridiculous' to find yourself having to fold esp for hand 1

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                        havent read through the results but did notice some suggest folding 52o pre with a drunk bad tilted player in a live 1-2 game 600 deep. whatever about hero folding at some point in the hand folding pretty much any two seems a waste.
                                                        Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                        your folds dont strike me as ridiculous at all but i guess you are using ridiculous in the sense that it was 'ridiculous' to find yourself having to fold esp for hand 1
                                                        [/QUOTE]

Ridiculous as I don't think most people fold them, I did and I was wrong in each case!

Comment

Quick hand

I'm 29/290 in the storm and i've just moved to this table and this is the 2nd hand. Easy reshove?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 15,000/30,000 Blinds 3,000 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP2 (t489,768)
                                                          MP3 (t450,722)
                                                          CO (t129,420)
                                                          Button (t469,103)
                                                          Hero (SB) (t1,231,768)
                                                          BB (t877,487)
                                                          UTG (t641,311)
                                                          UTG+1 (t1,321,352)
                                                          MP1 (t379,831)

Hero's M: 17.11

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, 10
                                                          UTG raises to t638,311 (All-In), 6 folds, Hero ?

Comment

Yes. I definitely reshove there. If someone gets in before you, you can think about folding but if BB is lucky enough to wake up with a hand so be it. Surely if he has a monster he goes for a min raise out of that stack?

Comment

it all depends its close, how good is he ? you need roughly around 58% equity so if he shoving a range of 88+kjof-k10suited+then this be just about a call any tighter id fold

Comment

v
                                                                Originally posted by Winning! View Post
                                                                Don't like the river fold in hand 1 given how often we chop vs his 5x. He needs very very few Ax/bluffs to make it a call.

Hand 2 I fold flop 4 way given texture + likelihood of expensive showdown with very little chance of improvement, esp if others left to act behind. Def folding turn doesn't seem close at all.
                                                                Folding flop because there are players behind seems way too nitty given how wide players are generally calling a single 3x raise in a live 1-2 game.

Bottom two in that kind of game will be by far the best hand well often enough to compensate for the times we're in a reverse implied odds situation in my experience.

These games don't play like and online full ring game where ranges in spots like this are way more defined.

And facing an expensive showdown shouldn't matter alot in a cash game if we're there with the correct range and are properly rolled, right?

Comment

[QUOTE=jazzyfish;859280]it all depends its close, how good is he ? you need roughly around 58% equity so if he shoving a range of 88+kjof-k10suited+then this be just about a call any tighter id fold[/QUOT

my bad was half asleep looking at this more like 55% 99+KQ,of+k10,suited

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                    it all depends its close, how good is he ? you need roughly around 58% equity so if he shoving a range of 88+kjof-k10suited+then this be just about a call any tighter id fold
                                                                    Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                    my bad was half asleep looking at this more like 55% 99+KQ,of+k10,suited
                                                                    Wasn't sure how good he was because i had no reads and his SS stats are blocked. I'm not sure his shoving range should include AA-KK, so i pretty much snapped. He did have KK though. Just thought it was weird because he had a pretty nice stack to min UTG and try and get some action, or maybe he relies on guys like me thinking this is 77-JJ and AK type shove

Comment

Couldnt find coaching thread, so i'll post it here. Looking for 2.5 and up 180 turbo sng coach (turbo mtt in near future). PM please!

Comment

Had a funny hand last night. I limp 88 utg. Flop is 822, everyone checks. Turn K, checked to me and I bet, sb raises I call. River is a 2. Check, bet, fold getting about 8-1. If I was playing really well I would have just checked the river back.

Comment

I usually play about a month of poker a year. I got quite sick earlier in the year, and had to leave work/college. Since then I've been looking to fill my time with something. I figure I plan to make enough to buy one of the tracking software programs, as a first goal.

Am I just plain wrong for playing this hand?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com/

MP2 ($2)
                                                                          CO ($2.90)
                                                                          Button ($2.31)
                                                                          Hero (SB) ($1.43)
                                                                          BB ($2)
                                                                          UTG ($2)
                                                                          UTG+1 ($1.33)
                                                                          MP1 ($7.06)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9, A
                                                                          1 fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.04, 3 folds, Button calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.03, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.16) 9, A, 2 (3 players)
                                                                          Hero bets $0.04, 1 fold, Button raises to $0.16, Hero calls $0.12

I have 22/23 hands on the villain, all at this table. He's VP13 PR4. He's only played four of the 24 hands and every single one of them has been with an Ace, the lowest he's gone is A7s, but AKo and AJo has come up. He's always gone to showdown.

Turn: ($0.48) Q (2 players)
                                                                          Hero bets $0.26, Button raises to $1.90, I'm between 50% and 66% on him having KQs here. So if I'm 33% on having him beaten with him trying to push me off with AKo/AQo and I have my A/9 outs, am I right to call with everything here? I know it purely comes down to calculating the value of how often win with my outs and what I have him on.
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Hero calls $0.97 (All-In)

River: ($2.94) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $2.94 | Rake: $0.10

Results below:
                                                                          SPOILER

Button had J, Q (flush, Ace high).
                                                                          Hero had 9, A (full house, Aces over nines).
                                                                          Outcome: Hero won $2.84

I figure calling is just plain wrong looking back on this.

Comment

Don't donk lead, just check call each street and evaluate on river, probably folding to a big bet on the river unimproved. Donking achieves nothing unless you have a specific objective with it.

Comment

I just want to talk about this because it made my afternoon, gettin' the fecker right in the tits. I had lost half my buy-in and was a little annoyed but trying to stay calm. I didn't seem to be getting hands and when I did get something the flop didn't come my way with some weird aggression going on, from a few players before and from the guy I'm going to talk about here.

So this guy joins the table. I have no hand history on him. He plays with the very first hand he's dealt with posting a BB.

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
                                                                              DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (CO): $1.27
                                                                              BTN: $2.00
                                                                              SB: $1.89
                                                                              BB: $2.47
                                                                              UTG: $2.00
                                                                              UTG+1: $1.22
                                                                              UTG+2: $2.34
                                                                              MP1: $2.00
                                                                              MP2: $2.00

MP2 posts a big blind ($0.02)

Pre Flop: ($0.05) Hero is CO with 7 7
                                                                              1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, 2 folds, MP2 raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, 3 folds, UTG+1 raises to $0.10, MP2 calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.33) 8 8 A (3 players)
                                                                              UTG+1 bets $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.14, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.63) 2 (2 players)
                                                                              MP2 bets $0.30,
                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                              Hero folds

Final Pot: $0.63
                                                                              MP2 wins $0.61
                                                                              (Rake: $0.02)

The same guy is playing here.

Poker Stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players
                                                                              DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG+2): $1.03
                                                                              MP1: $2.00
                                                                              MP2: $1.88
                                                                              CO: $2.56
                                                                              BTN: $2.00
                                                                              SB: $1.03
                                                                              BB: $2.32
                                                                              UTG: $2.00
                                                                              UTG+1: $2.37

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG+2 with T K
                                                                              1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, Hero calls $0.02, 4 folds, SB calls $0.01, BB checks

Flop: ($0.08) 2 K T (4 players)
                                                                              SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.16, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.40) 3 (2 players)
                                                                              UTG+1 bets $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.08

River: ($0.60) A (2 players)
                                                                              UTG+1 bets $2.09 all in, Hero calls $0.75 all in

SPOILER
                                                                              Final Pot: $2.10
                                                                              Hero shows T K (two pair, Kings and Tens)
                                                                              UTG+1 shows 6 K (a pair of Kings)
                                                                              Hero wins $2.03
                                                                              (Rake: $0.07)

And that one hand meant I had $0.03 profit after being almost a dollar below my buy in at that table.

Comment

Hand from €560 Monkeys game - is this a river fold??

Blinds 500/1000/100

Hero in MP1 with 26k (having just won a flip a few hands previous to double)

Villain on button with 50kish - only at the table maybe an hour (plays a good few CPT games), had spewed off a good bit on 3 streets with JJ on an A high board a while ago having come to the table with c100k. No history between us bar an open by me which I folded to his 3 bet.

I open to 2300 with AJx

Folded to button villain who thinks for maybe 10 secs and calls. We are HU.

Flop is Jx52

I lead for 3300, he calls.

Turn is Qx.

I check & he checks behind. This in my mind rules out any made sets so I'm leaning towards FDs (have blocker) or maybe Jx combos or possibly suited A5/A2 flop peelers.

River is Ax. (Pot 12,800)

I decide to lead for 5100 (bad?) from my 20k as his play has seemed quite weak thus far so am assuming I'm ahead here and looking for a call from a weaker 2 pair or a jack hero call.

He thinks for again maybe 10-15 secs & puts a stack out of 25k.

Fold?

Comment

What does he have that beats you? One combo of KTd. I'd call. Check calling river might be better than bet/decide given the board runout and the fact you have the ace of diamonds

Comment

Call for me. I wouldn't bet river unless I intended to call a raise/shove. You have to put your last 15k in to win around 38k in the pot already. If he's flopped the set it's just a horrible river. Call.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                      What does he have that beats you? One combo of KTd. I'd call. Check calling river might be better than bet/decide given the board runout and the fact you have the ace of diamonds
                                                                                      Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                      Call for me. I wouldn't bet river unless I intended to call a raise/shove. You have to put your last 15k in to win around 38k in the pot already. If he's flopped the set it's just a horrible river. Call.
                                                                                      Yeah, the K10 was the main worry but i though he'd have bet the turn when checked into him the the combo draw. Anyway I sigh called half expecting to see slow played AA or something but he had the unconventional 34o.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                        Yeah, the K10 was the main worry but i though he'd have bet the turn when checked into him the the combo draw. Anyway I sigh called half expecting to see slow played AA or something but he had the unconventional 34o.
                                                                                        I was gonna mention 34 but thought nobody playing a 500 tourney is that .uch of a donkey. Unlucky dice. Sick game.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          I was gonna mention 34 but thought nobody playing a 500 tourney is that .uch of a donkey. Unlucky dice. Sick game.
                                                                                          If you want to play 34o on your button, well fine, but flatting with it is just strange.

Comment

Haha, that's ridiculous. I would bet turn as well if I were you, that queen isn't particularly a scare card. Check calling caps your range or gives a free card neither of which are good. Loads of pairs will only give you action if they hit their two outer. (IE 99 will fold to any further action unless the river is a nine)

Comment

I think I like checking the river. The turn and river are great bluff cards for him. If he's creative enough to raise your river bet as a bluff, betting to induce and calling off is a good play, but there's not a lot of players that are that creative.

If you check, I assume he value bets stuff like A3, A4? There's not a lot of hands that call a river bet that don't bet themselves if checked to. I don't think he calls on the river with a lot of Jx or other one pair hands. Any ace or two pair value bets river when checked to and there's little/zero Qx hands in his range. If he has a missed draw or nothing, checking gives you the chance to pick off a bluff.

If you think he checks back Ax and two-pair or if you think he'll call a bet with Jx or a lower pair, then maybe it's better to bet river. If this is the case, I like a little smaller bet, like 4000-4500.

As played, it's a pretty gross spot. He's basically repping exactly KTdd or 34 as I think sets don't flat flop/check back turn (and QQ or AA is just v unlikely too). Does he raise like this with A2/A5 on river?

If you've a good read that he's the type to just never raise the river without the goods, trust yourself and fold. In a vacuum, I think I call. I think you see missed draws/random berserko bluffs enough to justify the call. KTdd is one combo and 34 assumes he flats with this pre and doesn't play it aggressively after getting a good flop and a show of weakness on the turn
                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Hand from €560 Monkeys game - is this a river fold??

Blinds 500/1000/100

Hero in MP1 with 26k (having just won a flip a few hands previous to double)

Villain on button with 50kish - only at the table maybe an hour (plays a good few CPT games), had spewed off a good bit on 3 streets with JJ on an A high board a while ago having come to the table with c100k. No history between us bar an open by me which I folded to his 3 bet.

I open to 2300 with AJx

Folded to button villain who thinks for maybe 10 secs and calls. We are HU.

Flop is Jx52

I lead for 3300, he calls.

Turn is Qx.

I check & he checks behind. This in my mind rules out any made sets so I'm leaning towards FDs (have blocker) or maybe Jx combos or possibly suited A5/A2 flop peelers.

River is Ax. (Pot 12,800)

I decide to lead for 5100 (bad?) from my 20k as his play has seemed quite weak thus far so am assuming I'm ahead here and looking for a call from a weaker 2 pair or a jack hero call.

He thinks for again maybe 10-15 secs & puts a stack out of 25k.

Fold?

Turn is a mandatory bet. Player as described is probably raising a set off the flop, and your hand is still crushing his range. I rather have the 35 BB stack ott, and not complicate things too much.

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                                                                                                  Turn is a mandatory bet. Player as described is probably raising a set off the flop, and your hand is still crushing his range. I rather have the 35 BB stack ott, and not complicate things too much.
                                                                                                  How much do you bet on the turn?

Ive 20k with 12,700 in the middle & he's flatted pre & flop in position....

Comment

I bet about 6K on the turn. Given how few Qx combo's are in his range, a jam is high variance, but an option.

Comment

Originally posted by colm_leche View Post
                                                                                                      I bet about 6K on the turn. Given how few Qx combo's are in his range, a jam is high variance, but an option.
                                                                                                      Yeah ,the problem is with stack sizes I'm 99% sure he peels the turn for 6k & I go broke anyway. Overjamming the turn just to potentially protect my hand is not something I think I do. Think its just one of those spots to chalk off & move on.

Comment

2 x Satellite spots (same game)....

8 left - 5 tickets

Stacks are 4 x 70-80k & 4 x 20-30k - so bit of a gap developing in the field but a way to go yet/

Blinds 1k/2k no antes (15 min clock - live game)

H1 - Hero in SB with 80k. MP (80k) opens to 5.5k & folded to hero with JJ......

H2 - Hero in CO with 80k min opens with KK, SB (75k) repops to 17.5k, back to Hero - shove???
                                                                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 18-08-15, 12:46. Reason: to clarify it was a live tourney

Comment

8 left - 5 tickets

Stacks are 4 x 70-80k & 4 x 20-30k - so bit of a gap developing in the field but a way to go yet/

H2 - Hero in CO with 80k min opens with KK, SB (75k) repops to 17.5k, back to Hero - shove???

Hand 1 Call>3b/f>shove>3b/c

Hand 2 Shove>flat>fold

That would be my thinking but haven't played a sat in ages

Comment

8 left - 5 tickets

H1 - With no Antes & no info on Villain, I peel & navigate.
                                                                                                            H2 - Shippage, get snapped by QQ, hold, lock up ticket, go to bar

Comment

I'm interested in playing some low stakes Omaha and mixed games online, first deposit in years, where's good? Any RB deals?

Comment

Whats the optimal line here in a strange hand i played?

Blinds 1500/3000/300

MP limps (100k)
                                                                                                                Hero on button (100k) with KK makes it 9k
                                                                                                                SB ships for 9200.

MP calls and turns cards over J6 ), not realising i'm in the hand.

I call the extra underraise of 200.

Flop XX6

MP leads for 25k

Hero calls whilst doing a decade of the rosary....

If the turns a blank and he checks, hero?

(PS - thought on ruling that he has all his options and can bet also welcome)
                                                                                                                Last edited by Dice75; 31-07-17, 15:20.

Comment

Whats the optimal line here in a strange hand i played?

Blinds 1500/3000/300

MP limps (100k)
                                                                                                                  Hero on button (100k) with KK makes it 9k
                                                                                                                  SB ships for 9200.

MP calls and turns cards over J6 ), not realising i'm in the hand.

I call the extra underraise of 200.

Flop XX6

MP leads for 25k

Hero calls whilst doing a decade of the rosary....

If the turns a blank and he checks, hero?

We'll it's obviously a flip on the flop vs the villain (dog including 3bb stack) so flatting is the obvious play.

You are approx 68% (just running it as a HU, still approx 54% to 29% if including 2nd villain) vs him on turn so I'd be betting turn. I can understand a check given the situation but you're missing value imo especially given you're unlikely to get value on a brick river (assuming a 6 is not top pair).

Jxxxhh on a jack high board is slightly different as you may get some value in that spot on a brick river but in this spot its a value bet on a brick turn.

Weird ruling but they've changed so much I don't know, similar situation in Killarney a few years ago and the idiot who tabled their cards ie Me could only check call.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 31-07-17, 16:50.

Comment

Ruling seems BS. Check or call only.
                                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

The ruling is correct. This is a the relevant TDA rule: A player who exposes his cards with action pending may incur a penalty, but will not have a dead hand.
                                                                                                                      The penalty will begin at the end of the hand.

Many TDs will not allow aggressive action in this instance, but they are ruling it incorrectly. (Unless they are in a place that doesn't abide by TDA rules or they have a house rule about this situation)

Comment

I havent been playing much online as of late but happened to final table Big 109 last night. Few big online winners on final 2 tables Greenstone25 Damowain among others, felt out of my depth to a point if honest. No HUD but general playing quite tight I would guess I'm playing somewhere around 12/10 but quite trivial for this hand.

Doubled up bvb and 5/6 now. UTG the villain whos been most active probably, Asian approx 500k in cashes on stars with a little bit of variation in PF raise sizing but nothing too crazy.

Villain playing 400k, hero 290k, smallest stack approx 230k.

Blinds 6-12k

Villain opens to 26k
                                                                                                                        Hero 3b to 63k with AQo
                                                                                                                        Villain insta-flats

Flop: AK7r board

Villain checks, Hero checks

Turn is 3x Villain bets 89k, Hero flats

River 7x Villain Jams, Hero calls and obviously loses(hence HH)

Thoughts on the line? Hard I know without a HUD. I felt at the time I was disguising hand strength. Turn sizing was huge, felt villain assumes i check back 88-QQ which is in my 3b call range as well as Kx-KQ which are 3b/f and I may check.
                                                                                                                        Also assumed he 4b jams AK and jams river with all Aces to blow me off a chop.

2 hands later he barrelled 3 streets with QQ bvb on a AK10xx board with 3 clubs and was called by KJ for stacks.

Given all that do can we find a fold here on river ever? Obviously cbet flop for 50-55k and play for stacks is standard. Apologises for it being a tad messy.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                          I havent been playing much online as of late but happened to final table Big 109 last night. Few big online winners on final 2 tables Greenstone25 Damowain among others, felt out of my depth to a point if honest. No HUD but general playing quite tight I would guess I'm playing somewhere around 12/10 but quite trivial for this hand.

Doubled up bvb and 5/6 now. UTG the villain whos been most active probably, Asian approx 500k in cashes on stars with a little bit of variation in PF raise sizing but nothing too crazy.

Villain playing 400k, hero 290k, smallest stack approx 230k.

Blinds 6-12k

Villain opens to 26k
                                                                                                                          Hero 3b to 63k with AQo
                                                                                                                          Villain insta-flats

Flop: AK7r board

Villain checks, Hero checks

Turn is 3x Villain bets 89k, Hero flats

River 7x Villain Jams, Hero calls and obviously loses(hence HH)

Thoughts on the line? Hard I know without a HUD. I felt at the time I was disguising hand strength. Turn sizing was huge, felt villain assumes i check back 88-QQ which is in my 3b call range as well as Kx-KQ which are 3b/f and I may check.
                                                                                                                          Also assumed he 4b jams AK and jams river with all Aces to blow me off a chop.

2 hands later he barrelled 3 streets with QQ bvb on a AK10xx board with 3 clubs and was called by KJ for stacks.

Given all that do can we find a fold here on river ever? Obviously cbet flop for 50-55k and play for stacks is standard. Apologises for it being a tad messy.
                                                                                                                          I like the check back on the flop, pretty disgusting river but really but I'm not able to fold here in these spots. Given tendencies of villain I think the flop check back is better than c-bet if we feel he's going to blast off like you said he's capable of. I'm a little out of practice myself so could be talking shite.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X